Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Are Christians to keep the Sabbath?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'll do so when you can show me where the Sabbath was changed to Sunday.

Nobody will show you where the Sabbath was changed to Sunday, the Sabbath was on Saturday, the new testament teaches assembled worship on Sunday... our rest in now "in Christ", and the Sabbath was not taught to maintain it to be a Holy Day!

now show me where in the NT that the Sabbath is shown to be observed by the new testament Church as I can/have shown where they assembled for worship on the first day of the week (Sunday)

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:1-2 (NASB)

For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them. For they could not bear the command, "IF EVEN A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT WILL BE STONED." And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, "I AM FULL OF FEAR and trembling." But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12:18-24 (NASB)

Welcome to the new heaven and earth. Welcome to the new Jerusalem. Welcome to the kingdom of God.

Welcome to Christ's church and the new covenant He instituted through the shedding of His own blood.

Welcome to the new heaven and earth. Welcome to the new Jerusalem. Welcome to the kingdom of God.

Welcome to Christ's church and the new covenant He instituted through the shedding of His own blood.
These two statements can not be lumped together as being current.

The New heaven and new earth have not come yet.

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

This event is yet to come!

JLB

Nobody will show you where the Sabbath was changed to Sunday, the Sabbath was on Saturday, the new testament teaches assembled worship on Sunday... our rest in now "in Christ", and the Sabbath was not taught to maintain it to be a Holy Day!

now show me where in the NT that the Sabbath is shown to be observed by the new testament Church as I can/have shown where they assembled for worship on the first day of the week (Sunday)

But the OP addresses the Sabbath, and his conviction to worship on that day. You just admitted it was never changed, but rather some sort of new day for assembly which is something altogether different. The first day of the week is Firstfruits concept and actually the feasts of the Lord, which are still shadows of things to come, did make provision for a Sunday Sabbath, but not weekly, but only on the day of Firstfruits and Pentecost. That is a subject by itself.

Again, I still don't see the threat in someone feeling convicted to keep the 4th commandment.

But the OP addresses the Sabbath, and his conviction to worship on that day. You just admitted it was never changed, but rather some sort of new day for assembly which is something altogether different. The first day of the week is Firstfruits concept and actually the feasts of the Lord, which are still shadows of things to come, did make provision for a Sunday Sabbath, but not weekly, but only on the day of Firstfruits and Pentecost. That is a subject by itself.

Again, I still don't see the threat in someone feeling convicted to keep the 4th commandment.

Your twisting my words, I said the New Testament did not change the Sabbath day to Sunday (nor did the Catholics or anyone else that I am aware of) the New Testament did not command us to keep the Sabbath day "Holy", that was Nailed to the Cross:

Colossians 2:14 (KJV)
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

See that "handwriting of ordinances" that's the Old Law (where the 4th commandment lay).

The New Testament Church never recorded keeping the Sabbath, but only assembling upon the first day of the week (Sunday)...

Your twisting my words, I said the New Testament did not change the Sabbath day to Sunday (nor did the Catholics or anyone else that I am aware of) the New Testament did not command us to keep the Sabbath day "Holy", that was Nailed to the Cross:

Colossians 2:14 (KJV)
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

See that "handwriting of ordinances" that's the Old Law (where the 4th commandment lay).

The New Testament Church never recorded keeping the Sabbath, but only assembling upon the first day of the week (Sunday)...

Well then we can go around and around again about honoring your parents, killing, adultery, etc if one command is "abolished" then so are the others.But I don't feel like going on that tangent again this morning.

As for getting together the first day, or saving up on the first day, I also see enough scriptures where the apostles are there on the Sabbath explaining scripture and teaching Christ. I also see scriptures where they celebrate the feast days.

So, let's just say that mentioning something about the first day is significant. Then you have to admit that about the Sabbath and feasts as well.

Frankly, the mere mention about their gathering is a little weak in establishing doctrine. That's as bad as confusing association with causation.

Maybe that's why Paul said let everyone be convinced in their own minds. But whether we keep the day to the Lord or not, the issue is not about dropping a Sabbath, but if the day does not matter, then the person, who is living for Christ, reveres ALL the days for the Lord, and in doing so effectively keeps Sabbath and any other day for that matter. So if the OP feels led to worship on Sabbath, Paul would not disagree with that. As a matter of fact Messianic Jewish Congregations do. Should we have two churches?

OK. I agree. My point is that Sabbath was never changed
but ... the Sabbath day was changed. In fact long before Christ the Sabbath was changed. It wasn't changed to Sunday though, but to Today. The Scripture says so explicitly:

4 For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” 5 And again in this passage he said, “They shall not enter my rest.”
6 Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, 7 again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.”
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. 9 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.
Heb 4

What you need to understand is how and when and by whom the days of the week became named (instead of numbered). Where is Saturday mentioned in the OT? The process of calendar changing (from lunar to solar) brought with it mistakes. For instance, the seventh day Sabbath was originally numbered because every month the day changed. One month the seventh day was Saturday, the next month it was Tuesday. The seventh day was determined on the appearance of the moon, not on the sun as we now have it. The whole "Saturday Sabbath" stands on false foundations. There never was a "Saturday Sabbath" used by the ancients.

... I don't feel God has made a clear point.... just about everyone I know would think I am wrong....

Gordon,

Faith comes by hearing the Word of the Lord, not by seeing a point. Through Moses, the Lord told our fathers in Duet. 8:3: "He humbled you and let you be hungry, and fed you with manna which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make you understand that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD.†And the Messiah says this again in Matt 4:4.

As you are well aware, there are MANY that will try to persuade you not to listen to ALL the words that proceed out of the mouth of God. They want you to conform to their religion by only hearing ¼ of the Word of God beginning at the Gospel of Matthew. But religion is not faith. Religion uses the eyes to determine what is “right†or “wrong.†But 9 ¾ of the time, what is “right†in our eyes is wickedness in the sight of the Lord.

Our eyes are our own worst enemy because they are so easily deceived. Eve was so enamored by what she saw in the Garden, that she really wasn’t listening to what the Serpent was saying. Thus, she was deceived and ate the forbidden fruit. And it is only when we see something we like that we start to covet. If we never saw it in the first place, we never would have coveted.

And when someone says, “I just don’t see it that way,†that really isn’t what they mean. What they really mean is they don’t want to be seen doing it. As a whole, people don’t like being different than the group, so they conform their behavior so they don’t stand out like a “sore thumb.†Sadly, Christianity is no different. It has become what I call “Conformity.†They change their behavior to “conform†to the rest of the world. That is one reason why we have ever-growing numbers of homosexuals standing and preaching at the pulpits today!

But what we as believers need to concern ourselves with, is what is right in the sight of the Lord. Forget what everyone else is doing because they are on the “wide and broad path that leads to destruction." Therefore, Enter by the narrow gate; Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Well then we can go around and around again about honoring your parents, killing, adultery, etc if one command is "abolished" then so are the others.But I don't feel like going on that tangent again this morning.

They were carried forward (note this is not all inclusive as there are other new testament scripture that represent the same old commandments... all but the 4th):

[FONT=&quot]First Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:3 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Ephesians 4:6 (KJV)
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Second Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:4 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
1 Corinthians 8:4-6 (KJV)
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Third Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:7 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
James 2:7 (KJV)
7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

Fourth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Colossians 2:14-15 (KJV) Nailed to the Cross
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Fifth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:12 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Ephesians 6:1-3 (KJV)
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; )
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Sixth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:13 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not kill.
Matthew 5:21-22 (KJV)
21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Seventh Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:14 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Matthew 5:27-28 (KJV)
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Eighth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:15 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not steal.
Ephesians 4:28 (KJV)
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Ninth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:16 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Colossians 3:9 (KJV)
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Tenth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:17 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Ephesians 5:3 (KJV)
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; [/FONT]

They were carried forward (note this is not all inclusive as there are other new testament scripture that represent the same old commandments... all but the 4th):

[FONT=&quot]First Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:3 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Ephesians 4:6 (KJV)
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Second Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:4 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
1 Corinthians 8:4-6 (KJV)
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Third Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:7 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
James 2:7 (KJV)
7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

Fourth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Colossians 2:14-15 (KJV) Nailed to the Cross
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Fifth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:12 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Ephesians 6:1-3 (KJV)
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; )
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Sixth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:13 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not kill.
Matthew 5:21-22 (KJV)
21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Seventh Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:14 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Matthew 5:27-28 (KJV)
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Eighth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:15 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not steal.
Ephesians 4:28 (KJV)
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Ninth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:16 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Colossians 3:9 (KJV)
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Tenth Commandment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:17 (KJV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Ephesians 5:3 (KJV)
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; [/FONT]

I don't think you made your case (or supposedly the Lord's case) at all, but only quoted NT passages that uphold the 10 commandments, and indeed even expand on those principles to higher standards. But then the 4th is mysteriously nailed to the cross. I would be more willing to accept a verse that has something to do with resting by faith in Christ instead. At least to an objective observer it would be more contiguous to the other passage thoughts and convincing. I'm with the OP --- more power to him.

I'm going to hold this thought. Christmas will be coming in a few months, then the shoe will be on the other foot.

I'll do so when you can show me where the Sabbath was changed to Sunday.

Sabbath was never changed to Sunday. In fact, if you are too worried about following the law, Sabbath is actually on Friday. The darkness of the noon when Christ was on cross actually created another day because the defn of day, morning, evening has nothing to do with sun as per Gen 1:5 spoken by God Himself.

Anyone cared to look at an earlier post on the same thread? Following old covenant is an abomination to God.

Sent from mobile.

Sabbath was never changed to Sunday. In fact, if you are too worried about following the law, Sabbath is actually on Friday. The darkness of the noon when Christ was on cross actually created another day because the defn of day, morning, evening has nothing to do with sun as per Gen 1:5 spoken by God Himself.

Anyone cared to look at an earlier post on the same thread? Following old covenant is an abomination to God.

Sent from mobile.

Well, Felix, Christ was not crucified on a Friday, but that's yet another subject. Since I mentioned Christmas, I'll hold this thought until Easter comes up. Might as well add another holiday yet. :toofunny

This is always an interestingdebate...and I'd merely ask the following questions as a matter of provokingthought:
1. To whom was the Sabbath given? What was its purpose?

The Sabbath was created on the seventh day of creation weekabout 2500 years before Mt. Sinai…

Gen 2:1 Thus theheavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Gen 2:2 And on theseventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventhday from all his work which he had made.

Gen 2:3 And Godblessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had restedfrom all his work which God created and made.

Abraham, the father of the faithful, knew God’s law and keptit…

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, andmy laws.

The Sabbath was known prior to Ex 16…

Exo 16:23 And he saidunto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of theholy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethethat ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be keptuntil the morning.

Exo 16:24 And theylaid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither wasthere any worm therein.

Exo 16:25 And Mosessaid, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shallnot find it in the field.

Exo 16:26 Six days yeshall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it thereshall be none.

Exo 16:27 And it cameto pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for togather, and they found none.

Exo 16:28 And theLORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and mylaws?

OK, God says how long do you refuse to keep mycommandments. This shows thecommandments were known prior to Sinai and God also doesn’t say ‘why don’t youkeep My commandments’, He says ‘how long refuse you to keep My commandments’. Showing they were in existence by the tenseHe uses.

Even a gentile king was aware of the Commandments of God…

Gen 20:5 Said he notunto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: inthe integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.

Gen 20:6 And God saidunto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thyheart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered Ithee not to touch her.

Gen 20:7 Now thereforerestore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, andthou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surelydie, thou, and all that are thine.

Gen 20:8 ThereforeAbimelech rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told allthese things in their ears: and the men were sore afraid.

Gen 20:9 ThenAbimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? andwhat have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom agreat sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done.

Gen 20:10 AndAbimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing?

Gen 20:11 And Abrahamsaid, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and theywill slay me for my wife's sake.

Well, Abraham thought wrong as shown by verse 9. Abimelech knew that adultery was a sin andGod withheld him from sinning, vs 6. Here is a gentile king who knew the Commandments and because of thestatement in verse 11 we can see that the fear of God was known to him. Abimelech understood God’s law concerningadultery. He did not refer to it as anational law, or a social more, he referred to adultery as sin, the transgressionof the law…

1Jn 3:4 Whosoevercommitteth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of thelaw.

2. Was theSabbath ever binding upon the Gentile Nations?

Still is. Notice Col 2…

Col 2:16 Let no mantherefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or ofthe new moon, or of the sabbath days:

So not allow anyone to judge you for what? Sunday worship? The Sabbath days. Here is a gentile church, Colosse, and Paulis telling them to not let anyone judge them for the Sabbath days. Wait, what? The Sabbath days? Yep.

Act 13:42 And whenthe Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought thatthese words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Why did the gentiles want the words preached to them on theSabbath day? This would have been agolden opportunity for Paul to introduce to them Sunday worship, but what didhe do?

Act 13:44 And thenext sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word ofGod.

By the way in Col 2:16 holydays and Sabbath Days,plural. What are Sabbath days?

Lev 23:2 Speak untothe children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD,which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are myfeasts.

I’ll bet you thought that said the feasts of the Jews. Nope, these are the feasts of God, same days mentioned in Col 2:16.

Act 16:13 And on thesabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to bemade; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

This is in Phillipi, Greece. A gentile city and Paul is teaching them on the Sabbath.

Paul’s manner was to observe the Sabbath. The same Paul whosaid…

1Co 11:1 Be yefollowers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

What day did Christ specifically say He was Lord of?

Mat 12:8 For the Sonof man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Mar 2:27 And he saidunto them,The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Mar 2:28 Thereforethe Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Which day was made for man at creation?

Mar 2:27 And he saidunto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Mar 2:28 Thereforethe Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

3. As part of the whole Mitzvah, are we to obey thisone command and ignore the other 612 laws?

I am not familiar with the Mitzvah and do not read it. You’ll have to answer your own questionhere. I find the Holy Bible to be the only book I need.

And finally, the one that really throws gasoline onthe fire
Are we as Christians still under any part of the OldTestament covenant of The Law?

Well, are we? I willask the same question again that no one will answer…

Mat 5:17 Think notthat I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy,but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 For verily Isay unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in nowise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Did Christ know what He was saying here? Did He get carried away? Or is His Law, the Ten Commandments, still inforce? Is it still a sin to have otherGod’s before God?

Mat 4:10, Luke 4:8, Rev 14:7

How about idols?

Acts 15:20, 1Cor 6:9-10, Gal 5:19-20, Eph 5:5

Taking God’s name in vain?

Mat 5:33-37, 1Tim 6:1, James 2:7

Dishonoring parents?

Mat 15:4-9, Mat 19:19, Eph 6:1-3

Murder?

Mat 5:21-22, Mat 19:18, Rom 1:29-30, Rom 13:9

Adultery?

Mat 5:27-28, Rom 7:2-3, Rom 13:9

Stealing?

Mat19:18, Rom 13:9, Eph 4:28, 1 Pet 4:15, Rev 9:21

Lying?

Mat 19:18, Rom 13:9, Eph 4:25

Lusting?

Luke 12:15, Rom 1:29, Rom 7:7, 1 Cor 6:9-10

So we see the New Testament names the commandments as stillbeing in force and effect. I purposelyleft the fourth Commandment for last…

In Luke 4:16 we see Christ keeping the fourth Commandment. In Acts 17:1-2 and Acts 18:4 we see Paulkeeping the Sabbath. But is there acommand in the New Testament concerning the Sabbath?

Heb 4:9 Thereremaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

The word for rest here is Sabbatismos.

The Thayer and Smith:

The KJV New TestamentGreek Lexicon

Strong's Number: 4520
Original Word
Word Origin
sabbatismovß
from a derivative of (4521)
Transliterated Word
TDNT Entry
Sabbatismos
7:34,989
Phonetic Spelling
Parts of Speech
sab-bat-is-mos'
Noun Masculine
Definition
1. a keeping sabbath
2. the blessed rest from toils and troubles looked for in the age to come by the true worshippers of God and true Christians
King James Word Usage - Total: 1
rest 1

Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith'sBible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the"Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are publicdomain.

The word is used only once here in the N.T. and it means keeping Sabbath.

So, the Ten Commandments are still in force and effect according to Christ and Paul, including the fourth Commandment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was and He didn't say... Why the Ten Commandments, of course!!!! Nor did He quote any one of the 10.

Oh, really?

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Not a single one?

He referred not to the 10 but to Deuteronomy 6:5: And He said to him, "'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' This is the great and foremost commandment."

Then He added: "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' (Leviticus 19:18) "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

As a matter of fact, he shows that the two great Commandments are described by the ten great Commandments...

Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

When we get into these long drawn out discussions about what we must do... when we try to niggle out what our neighbor is supposed to be doing on any given day of the week... we are failing in what Jesus taught was the most important thing: The commandment of love.

We don't have to second guess how we are to apply this... Jesus and the Holy Spirit ensured this message remained loud and clear in the Scriptures for all who would listen.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35

You want to fulfill the Law? You can't be keeping to all the statutes and ordinances and letters... not only that you can't, we've been specifically warned not to try.

So, are you here teaching that we should not keep the Ten Commandments?

Hmmm,

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

You want to fulfill the Law?

Then do as Christ said, love God and love one another. Not only did Christ say this, but to remove all doubt as to how we should apply Christ's words here, the apostles clarified it for us:

Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Paul disagrees with you.

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:8-10

For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." Galatians 5:13-14

Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “ You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “ Do not commit adultery,” also said, “ Do not commit murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment. James 2

You can go to church on Saturday if you like and do no work for the rest of the day. If you do so, you still haven't obeyed the ordinances of holy convocations and unless you do it all, you're guilty of the whole lot.

We cannot keep the Old Covenant commandments.

We cannot keep the Old Covenant commandments.

What are you telling me here? Are you a murderer? Dishonor your parents, Adulterer? Thief? Covetous? Have other gods before God? Take God's name in vain? Worship idols? Hmmm?

We can't.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

We've been told we can't. It's been proven we can't. We already know that even if we try, we're not going to succeed and we've even been warned to not even go there.

I must have missed the scriputre that said we cannot obey, mind repeating it?

But, Christ could and He did. He kept them and then He died, thus rendering the Old Covenant void.

Now, if we want to fulfill (not keep but fulfill, there's a difference) then we need to do exactly what Jesus and the apostles said to do....

Love one another.

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh_14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

... but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. ... Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. ... Not a single one?
Non Sequitur. That isn't what handy said. Handy was referring to the question of the lawyer who asked which of the commandments was the greatest. Jesus named none of them, but said:
Matthew 22 NASB
37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment.
39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'
40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
As a matter of fact, he shows that the two great Commandments are described by the ten great Commandments...

Well, I can see why you have left out the verses preceding this one ...
Matthew 13
8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
They both tend to negate the point you attempted to make.
So, are you here teaching that we should not keep the Ten Commandments?
Not for salvation, no, because the Law does not save, it condemns. Jesus said consistently throughout His earthly ministry that faith alone through the grace of God is sufficient for salvation. The Law does not apply to Christians, but it can be used as a measuring rod, to remind us we will never measure up to Him who saves us. In quoting from Matthew 5 ignores the context of the passage. Same with Matthew 19. Jesus was not saying that one could be saved or even gain advantage by "keeping the commandments." He was illustrating the impossibility of doing so. Revelation 22:14 needs to be read in the context of the entire passage, vv. 9-19.

That is, never let us think that a dead or disobedient faith will save us, for the First and the Last has declared that those alone are blessed who do his commandments. Yet keep in mind what He has said before: Those who love God and love their neighbor (who is everyone) has fulfilled the commandments. Revelation is a book that shuts out from heaven all wicked and unrighteous persons, particularly those who love and make lies pertaining to God, Christ, the Holy Spirit and their word, They attempt, wittingly or unwittingly, to make the Word itself to be a lie. There is no middle place or condition. Jesus, who is the Spirit of prophecy, has given his churches this morning-light of prophecy, to assure them of the light of the perfect day approaching. All is confirmed by an open and general invitation to mankind, to come and partake freely of the promises and of the privileges of the gospel. We cannot allow the success of those who would stand in their way by attempting to tie them down with legalism, ritual and teachings that don't stand up to the test of Christ's words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Felix, Christ was not crucified on a Friday, but that's yet another subject. Since I mentioned Christmas, I'll hold this thought until Easter comes up. Might as well add another holiday yet. :toofunny

I never said Jesus was crucified on Friday. Did I? Read my post again.

• Darkness @ noon = night (Passover Sabbath Begins)
  • 3pm to 6pm Thurs = 1 day (Passover Sabbath Ends)
  • 6pm to 6 am Thurs/Fri = 1 night (Weekly Sabbath Begins)
  • 6am to 6pm Fri = 1 day (Weekly Sabbath Ends)
  • 6pm to 6am Fri/Sat = 1 night
  • 6am to 6pm Sat = 1 day
  • 6pm to 6am Sat/Sun = 1 night (3rd day begins)
  • 6am ............. Christ Risen.
  • 6pm ............. (3rd day ends)
Thus, Christ was not only in the heart of the earth for 3 days and 3 nights, He also rose on the 3rd day, as the Bible speaks to its very detail.

(Gen 1:5) God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

• Is there any Christian or any Jew who wants to refuse the definition of a day or a night given by God Himself?
  • If no, what makes any Christian or a Jew to think that the darkness God created on mid-noon for 3 hrs is not night?
  • If it is night, i.e, a new day is created, how can the Sabbath can still be on a Saturday?

Hence, according to Scripture, weekly Sabbath begins on Thursday evening and ends on Friday Evening. Thus, Sabbath is on Friday.

Looks like Sabbath followers are not even following Sabbath properly... :toofunny

I never said Jesus was crucified on Friday. Did I? Read my post again.

• Darkness @ noon = night (Passover Sabbath Begins)
  • 3pm to 6pm Thurs = 1 day (Passover Sabbath Ends)
  • 6pm to 6 am Thurs/Fri = 1 night (Weekly Sabbath Begins)
  • 6am to 6pm Fri = 1 day (Weekly Sabbath Ends)
  • 6pm to 6am Fri/Sat = 1 night
  • 6am to 6pm Sat = 1 day
  • 6pm to 6am Sat/Sun = 1 night (3rd day begins)
  • 6am ............. Christ Risen.
  • 6pm ............. (3rd day ends)
Thus, Christ was not only in the heart of the earth for 3 days and 3 nights, He also rose on the 3rd day, as the Bible speaks to its very detail.

(Gen 1:5) God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

• Is there any Christian or any Jew who wants to refuse the definition of a day or a night given by God Himself?
  • If no, what makes any Christian or a Jew to think that the darkness God created on mid-noon for 3 hrs is not night?
  • If it is night, i.e, a new day is created, how can the Sabbath can still be on a Saturday?
Hence, according to Scripture, weekly Sabbath begins on Thursday evening and ends on Friday Evening. Thus, Sabbath is on Friday.

Looks like Sabbath followers are not even following Sabbath properly... :toofunny

First of all, the Sabbath mentioned is not the weekly Sabbath...

Joh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Hmmm, looks like even Yahoo answers knows more than you do...

What is this "High Day" in John 19:31 and why is it significant enough to be mentioned?

John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
3 years ago
Report Abuse

Additional Details

Jaumes, how does your little theory account for this?

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

3 years ago

Abiyah Messianic Torah

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

It was the 14th of Nissan the day before Unleavened Bread a High
Sabbath.
Have you ever noticed Matt 27:62-66 " On the next day, which followed
the Day of preperation, the cheif priests & Pharisees gathered together
to Pilate saying Sir we remember while He was still alive, how the
deceiver said " After 3 days I will rise." Therefore secure Tomb until
the 3rd day............ So they did & set a guard.
Interesting that if the next day was Shabbat they would not have gone to Pilate, If it was a Thursday or Friday they could well have done so. Another version of the Hebrew Matthew says that it was the morrow after the search for leaven, which makes it Friday morning they went to Pilate & that makes a lot of sense. Now if they did it on Friday they still had time, if Shabbat & He rose at the end of Shabbat they had no time to do this. Three days & 3 nights still stand. 72 Hours not 36.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090903180734AAtnnTf

Non Sequitur. That isn't what handy said. Handy was referring to the question of the lawyer who asked which of the commandments was the greatest. Jesus named none of them, but said:
Matthew 22 NASB
37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment.
39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'
40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
Well, I can see why you have left out the verses preceding this one ...

Actually, I left it out because I assumed that putting together the scriptures on a subject was a known principle of Bible study...

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

I guess I was wrong.

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jesus Said that keeping the commandments was loving God.

Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

And here Paul has show that the last six Commandments tell us how to love our neighbor.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 13
8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
They both tend to negate the point you attempted to make.

Sorry, but I don't see how these verses negate the clear, plain statements of Paul and Jesus Christ.

Not for salvation, no, because the Law does not save, it condemns. Jesus said consistently throughout His earthly ministry that faith alone through the grace of God is sufficient for salvation.

There is no quote in the NT of Christ saying that faith alone without works, but James, the brother of Christ (he might have had a little insight as to how his Brother thought) says plainly...

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

The Law does not apply to Christians, but it can be used as a measuring rod, to remind us we will never measure up to Him who saves us. In quoting from Matthew 5 ignores the context of the passage. Same with Matthew 19. Jesus was not saying that one could be saved or even gain advantage by "keeping the commandments."

Well then, just exactly what does this mean...

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

I guess this must be opposite day.

He was illustrating the impossibility of doing so. Revelation 22:14 needs to be read in the context of the entire passage, vv. 9-19.

He was? It is not what He said and commandment keeping is consistent with all that He said.

The last chapter of the NT affirms this...

That is, never let us think that a dead or disobedient faith will save us, for the First and the Last has declared that those alone are blessed who do his commandments. Yet keep in mind what He has said before: Those who love God and love their neighbor (who is everyone) has fulfilled the commandments. Revelation is a book that shuts out from heaven all wicked and unrighteous persons, particularly those who love and make lies pertaining to God, Christ, the Holy Spirit and their word, They attempt, wittingly or unwittingly, to make the Word itself to be a lie. There is no middle place or condition. Jesus, who is the Spirit of prophecy, has given his churches this morning-light of prophecy, to assure them of the light of the perfect day approaching. All is confirmed by an open and general invitation to mankind, to come and partake freely of the promises and of the privileges of the gospel. We cannot allow the success of those who would stand in their way by attempting to tie them down with legalism, ritual and teachings that don't stand up to the test of Christ's words.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

A few other, more modern, translations, including the one you are quoting say

New International Version (©1984)
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

New Living Translation (©2007)
But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'

English Standard Version (©2001)
And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

International Standard Version (©2008)
Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you evildoers!'"

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And then I will confess to them, 'I have never known you, remove yourselves far from me, you workers of evil.'

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Then I will tell them publicly, 'I've never known you. Get away from me, you evil people.'

Darby Bible Translation
and then will I avow unto them, I never knew you. Depart from me, workers of lawlessness.

Now, after all I have said about commandment keeping, do not for one instant believe that keeping the law perfectly for 100 lifetimes of 100 years each earns anything...

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

And the faith that produces saving grace is not even our faith. Grace, is unmerited, unearned pardon from our sins by the death and resurrection of Christ...

Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justified by His blood...

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

This is what the schoolmaster was to teach us to bring us to Christ, that sin requires blood for remission. By Christ's death we are reconciled to the Father and saved by His life.

Remember that...

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Sin is defined by the law, so does grace give us freedom to do whatever we want? To break God's law with impunity?

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

God has forgiven our sins and continues to do so...

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

This is Christ's job today, He lives to intercede for us, but He does not live to intercede for one who continually, knowingly sins...

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back