Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Are Negative thoughts Sin?

You [do] realize that you charged many people with being unwise, don't you?

Curious . . . why are you allowed to do such, but a person like myself can't express a little humor to an extremely rude and insolent assertion?

Have a great day, Gordon!
Jesting, was mentioned above, and the dropping of such, along with bridling the tongue, put them together and you may see why why the scripture advises us all.

Jesting, was mentioned above, and the dropping of such, along with bridling the tongue, put them together and you may see why why the scripture advises us all.

Our Blessed Scriptures are also very clear of what happens to those who make disparaging remarks regarding those who the Lord creates, which is all of us.

Matthew 5:22 NLT - "But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell."

You are living on the edge, Gordon. :D

Also the words were as the scripture verifies, the time is come when men dont love God but themselves, dont hear Gods word, but their own made up vain conversations.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Our Blessed Scriptures are also very clear of what happens to those who make disparaging remarks regarding those who the Lord creates, which is all of us.

Matthew 5:22 NLT - "But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell."

You are living on the edge, Gordon. :biggrin
Your version left off the purpose WITHOUT CAUSE, if there is cause, then why are you allowed to blatantly break Gods word, to jest, and not even accept correction ever for it...

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Your version left off the purpose WITHOUT CAUSE, if there is cause, then why are you allowed to blatantly break Gods word, to jest, and not even accept correction ever for it...

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Lol . . . wow. I think I'll walk away from this bee-hive.

I hope you feel better soon.

You just told us all to be quiet, and yet you continue to go on and on and on. :biggrin
Look up the word jesting, you cant seem to help yourself, can you..

Ephesians 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

No. Being the author of those words, I can confirm that they just mean to have a good day.

Holy . . . cow.
I guess you cant take in the part about being swift to hear, stay and read these scriptures:

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

You are living on the edge, Gordon. :biggrin
This is a disparaging remark.

This is a disparaging remark.
NO it is just rebuke, which we should not be scared of, because open rebuke is better than secret love..

Proverbs 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 13:1 A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.

Proverbs 13:8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

Titus 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

If you want to have more scriptures for having a great day, I can help..

Ecclesiastes 7:3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Uh . . . no. I don't write/speak in code.

I keep trying to leave this convo, but you guys keep inviting me back. So stop! :biggrin
You seem to not be able to do what you want to do, do you have this problem:

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

You seem to not be able to do what you want to do, do you have this problem:

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Whew! You are a True Bible wiz! Either you have a crystal ball, or you judged my heart perfectly! I mean, perfectly!

Back