Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Of course it is. Christ commanded that the baptism be administered by men.….Go teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, son, and HG.
Men dont administer Holy Spirit baptism. Then in Acts 2 we find where Peter commanded his audience to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins. Then it says that ….they that gladly received his word were baptized. This pattern is then followed throughout acts. Chapters 8,10,16,18,19,22
In acts 8 the Eunuch said…..here is water, what hinders me from being baptized?
In acts 10 Peter said….who can forbid water that these should not be baptized.
In acts 22 Saul is told to…..arise and be baptized and wash away his sins.
Baptism in the NT is water baptism unless the context dictates otherwise.
Hi, I just like to disscus, the Baptism in the so called "great commission"

Q1 How were they to baptize according to scripture? Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

.. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

.. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Q1 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So....they were to Baptize them by teaching them to do......

Correct and IMHO repeated at the Gentile inclusion.
The one new man is a combination of Jew and gentile. In Christ there is neither Jew nor gentile …,,

eddif
Matthew that you quoted was before the time of "neither Jew nor Gentile" which is why I referred to it as the Old Covenant. So yeah Matthew does not teach how to get born again because being born again was not yet available to the Jews in Matthew.

Matthew that you quoted was before the time of "neither Jew nor Gentile" which is why I referred to it as the Old Covenant. So yeah Matthew does not teach how to get born again because being born again was not yet available to the Jews in Matthew.
Oh well.
IMHO when the prophets spoke of the messiah would come, and the law would be placed in hearts and minds, it was a done deal.

The word became flesh
The flesh became a quickening spirit.

When I read prophecy in the old covenant I tend to look for when it manifests.

On the day of Pentecost the people were told this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel.

Acts 19:4 kjv
4. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

The water baptism of John the Baptist was repentance. Learning you are lost. Repentance leaves you looking for a solution for your condition. ( IMHO The Fathers baptism).

Salvation is only achieved by:
Acts 4:12 kjv
12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

IMHO The Sons baptism.

According to John the Baptist Jesus baptises us in the Holy Spirit and fire. Saul prayed and a person was sent to lay hands on Paul (Saul).

A ceremony may be used, but deep teaching is implied.

eddif

Acts 19:4 kjv
4. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

The water baptism of John the Baptist was repentance. Learning you are lost. Repentance leaves you looking for a solution for your condition. ( IMHO The Fathers baptism).

Salvation is only achieved by:
Acts 4:12 kjv
12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

IMHO The Sons baptism.

According to John the Baptist Jesus baptises us in the Holy Spirit and fire. Saul prayed and a person was sent to lay hands on Paul (Saul).

A ceremony may be used, but deep teaching is implied.

eddif
If all one sees is water in the so called, great commission...then one is missing out....And that is the passage I'm speaking of...

Oh well.
IMHO when the prophets spoke of the messiah would come, and the law would be placed in hearts and minds, it was a done deal.

The word became flesh
The flesh became a quickening spirit.

When I read prophecy in the old covenant I tend to look for when it manifests.

On the day of Pentecost the people were told this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel.
Do you understand there are different time periods and therefore different administrations in the Bible? If not I can provide some data on that.

Why would you even accuse me of such when I quoted the whole passage?...Why take what I said out of it's context? ....
Your post's conclusion..."So....they were to Baptize them by teaching them to do......"
I guess I saw that as a question, as it made no sense as a statement.
Perhaps you will clarify your intent?

Therefore go disciple all the nations and baptize them in the name of The Father and The Son and The Spirit of Holiness.”

Aramaic plain English
I agree with that position, though I will baptize even more plainly, with/in the name of Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:38)

Dont you have to ”seek” God on his terms? Do you get to just do what ever you want then call it…”gospel”?
Jesus said….
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
John 5:30
This isnt the christian world today. People seek God in the way they want to and not according to his will. They do it the way they think is best and then claim…….Jesus has to accept it. I dont think so.
I don't understand.

You mean there's a formula for getting saved?

What is it?

IMHO Matthew 10:9,10 comes after repentance, and is about Jesus.

You are going to be a challenge.

Order of operations:
Step 1 - need for repentance
Acts 2:37 kjv
37. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Step 2 repent
Step 3 receive Jesus as Lord and savior
Step 4 receive Holy Spirit
Acts 2:38 kjv
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

1. Repent for sins against the Father
2. Saved through work of Jesus
3. Receive the Holy Spirit that you might have power to be a witness.

Now I have read you think trinity is not a word in the Bible.
1 repent
2. Believe in Jesus
3. Be empowered

Great commission:
Matthew 28:19 kjv
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

All things. I guess nothing left out.

I tend not to think of baptism as only a physical act, but being immersed in the completeness of knowledge of:
1. The Father
2. The Son
3. The Holy Spirit

All things

Mississippi redneck
eddif
You are correct, (except the baptism part).

You are correct, (except the baptism part).
Would you care to explain how I am wrong?

Is it the baptism of John the Baptist?
Or the baptism into Jesus

Is it Jesus baptizing into the Holy Spirit and fire.

I am not interested in a debate, but you can point out the exact error.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back