Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Coexistent modalism...the true Trinity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
A: the Father
B: a Spirit
C: in flesh
D: the Son.

A is B. D is (the same) B and also C. Therefore, D is also A; inasmuch as D is B. And A is C inasmuch as A is D.

However, for the most part, A is not C and is therefore not D. For they are distinct Persons.

To help you understand try to understand the difference between the words "distinct" and "separate"

Last edited:
A: the Father
B: without flesh
C: the Son
While all of A is B, not everything that is B is necessarily A. C is A; and A is B inasmuch as A is C.
So, according to you:
While all of [the Father] is [without flesh], not everything that is [without flesh] is necessarily [the Father]. [The Son] is [the Father]; and [the Father] is [without flesh] inasmuch as [the Father] is [the Son].
There, you say that ALL of the Father is without flesh. Is the Son ALL of the Father? Yes or No?

So, according to you:

There, you say that ALL of the Father is without flesh. Is the Son ALL of the Father? Yes or No?
The Son is a distinct Person from the 1st Person of the Trinity (the Father without flesh); and the Son is all of the Father come in flesh.

If there were no distinction in the Persons you might have a case. But there is one.

Last edited:
So, according to you:

I also changed my post since you posted, so you should go back and answer according to the changes. Because I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted the first time.

To help you understand try to understand the difference between the words "distinct" and "separate"
What (if anything) do you mean by your word "distinct" that you do not mean by your word "separate"?

What (if anything) do you mean by your word "separate" that you do not mean by your word "distinct"?

What (if anything) do you mean by your word "distinct" that you do not mean by your word "separate"?

What (if anything) do you mean by your word "separate" that you do not mean by your word "distinct"?
Look at the OP. There I define Father, Son, and Holy Ghost as being distinct rather than separate.

The diagram that I am contending against defines them as being separate rather than distinct;

i.e. "the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost".

The creeds say specifically that they are distinct and not separate.

In my view, seeing them as distinct, I hold them as being the same Spirit; but distinct in a certain sense; which I have explained in the OP so I don't feel the need to repeat it here.

The Son is a distinct Person from the 1st Person of the Trinity (the Father without flesh); and the Son is all of the Father come in flesh.
The Bible never uses your term "the Father come in flesh".

Since the Father is without flesh, your term "the Father without flesh" is redundant.

The Father, who is a distinct Person from the Son
The diagram that I am contending against defines them as being separate rather than distinct;

So, when you say the Father "is distinct from" the Son, which do you mean: that 1) the Father is NOT the Son, or that 2) the Father IS the Son?

And, when you say the Son "is distinct from" the Father, which do you mean: that 1) the Son is NOT the Father, or that 2) the Son IS the Father?

Here, again, is the diagram you say you are "contending against":
1040px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg.png

The top side of the triangle shows a two-way street. Left to right, we read the proposition, 'The Father is not the Son'; and right to left, we read the proposition, 'The Son is not the Father'.

It's interesting that we can see you out of the one side of your mouth saying you are "contending against" the truth that the Father is not the Son, while, out of the other side of your mouth you pretend to agree with the truth that the Father is not the Son:
No, the Father is not the Son

No, the Father is not the Son (in that the Father is not in flesh except in the Person of the Son).
Why can't you put a period immediately after "No, the Father is not the Son"? Are you trying to leave some sort of weasel loophole for yourself in case you later wish to say, "Yes, the Father is the Son (in that [blah blah blah])"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back