Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Could the world end in 12/21/2012?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus tells us a few times the Resurrection is the last day..

Joh_6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh_6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh_11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jesus tells us a few times the Resurrection is the last day..

Joh_6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh_6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh_6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh_11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
I'm just curious: if the resurrection happens on the "last day", where does the "last hour" fit into that timeline?

Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. 1 John 2:18 (NASB)

In sum, we would date 1 John after the Jewish War broke out, but before it was concluded. John must be given some amount of time to know his audience and for the heretics to have left the congregation. Hence, the epistle should probably be dated after 2 John. A date of c. 68-69 CE seems to be the best guess.

http://bible.org/seriespage/1-john-introduction-argument-and-outline

From a strictly first century Jewish perspective, the world ended with the destruction of their city, their religion, and their unique influence over the rest of the known world as "the people of God."

If the resurrection was to happen the "last day", and this same apostle John - writing his first epistle in 68 or 69 - writes they are in "the last hour", then there is only one event that can be said to be coming on "the last hour" of "the last day." That event was the fall of Jerusalem predicted by Christ to happen before that generation had passed away.

Just following the trail of evidence where it leads. :biggrin

Jesus died around ad 30/33, so was the physical temple not a temple of God from
[FONT=&quot]Pentecost[/FONT] to ad 70?

If not then why did the apostles and early disciples, seem to still give recognition to it?

they did that because of the jews and for the time the lord tolerated it but if one wants to i will dig the jewish sages whom believe the third temple is a fleshly one and the torah is inside of men during this messianic era.its found in beresherith(genesis). three wells dug by isaac tell the story of that.

they did that because of the jews and for the time the lord tolerated it but if one wants to i will dig the jewish sages whom believe the third temple is a fleshly one and the torah is inside of men during this messianic era.its found in beresherith(genesis). three wells dug by isaac tell the story of that.

This would be an interesting thread. Please do, because I believe that Genesis is not the only place in the OT that this is taught.

"Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is."-Mark 13:31-33

I saw a show on this . I also learned the planets will be all aligned. But they found additional calendars with the Mayans showing that time goes on- so I'm just jazzed about this planetary alignment event. Should be cool!

I tend to think, hey, the Mayan calendar had to end at some point.

On the morning of December 22nd, I will wake up and go "WHOO! I'M ALIVE!" just for the heck of it.:rolling

The mayans believe that people they call "the men of wisdom" that built their pyramids and made them their calender from ancient times will return on this date. Nephilim return? It will be like in the days of Noah.

:confused
The mayans believe that people they call "the men of wisdom" that built their pyramids and made them their calender from ancient times will return on this date. Nephilim return? It will be like in the days of Noah.

:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Something may happen but only time will tell. Let's just sit and wait. I really doubt that something will happen. If something does happen, I'd be surprised.

Something may happen but only time will tell. Let's just sit and wait. I really doubt that something will happen. If something does happen, I'd be surprised.

Maybe, if God shows a sense of humour, the world will really end in two weeks. Because we all think it's just some sort of a media hoax and noone is truly expecting anything to happen on that day. And God sure loves surprises.

So I guess your a son of sether?

In numbers the nephilim they came across were called the sons of anak, the anakites, or the anakim. Ancient Sumeria had the annunaki. Sound similiar? Unlike the fallen angels and nephilim in noah's days and fooled people that they were gods and sons of gods, the annunaki fooled people into believing they were aliens. If it happens again, we will be fooled again thanks to the dangerous, damaging, junk son of seth conspiracy.

The christian authorities believe in the son of seth junk theory. Now it's the same ones that say that christianity will be threatened if aliens come to earth. Christianity wouldn't be threatened if people knew the truth, not false interpretations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthew 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

12/21/12? I don't think so, and so does that make it a possibility?

It could end at 6pm tonight but I hope not, I have important plans :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Could the world end in 12/12/2012 as it's predicted. I don't believe that because only God knows the time when the world will come into the end, but it's still interesting. What do you think about it?
Why would Christians worry if it were the end of the world. Satan is lord of the earth, so he'd be quite surprised I'm sure. POOF! "You're fired!" :toofunny

I have a friend who lives on the 2nd floor of an apartment complex. His unit and balcony faces the public square centered inside the property. On December 22nd he has already prepared a giant banner that he's going to tie to the outside of the railing that reads;

"WEEEE! It's December 22nd and WE'RE STILL HERE! NOW GET TO WORK!"

He's quirky like that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back