Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Defending the existence of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No problems with my bible Free but i can see many with the ones referred to in that post..
In what post? What are you going on about and why are you continually avoiding my simple questions?

Your post doesn't address the OP. But FWIW: https://gotquestions.org/morning-star.html

i thought the Op was defending the existence of God? How do you propose to do that when his identity has been smeared?

The wording in the modern versions reads such that it appears the fall recorded in Isaiah 14 is speaking of Jesus rather than Lucifer the Devil! The rendering of "morning star" in place of "Lucifer" in this passage must be seen by the Church as nothing less than the ultimate blasphemy.

i thought the Op was defending the existence of God? How do you propose to do that when his identity has been smeared?

The wording in the modern versions reads such that it appears the fall recorded in Isaiah 14 is speaking of Jesus rather than Lucifer the Devil! The rendering of "morning star" in place of "Lucifer" in this passage must be seen by the Church as nothing less than the ultimate blasphemy.

tob,

Did you view any of the videos on the existence of God that I gave in the link? Seems as though you might not have or you didn't understand what you viewed.

As for Isaiah 14 and Lucifer and modern Bible version, I mentioned not a word about these in the OP. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the KJV vs modern versions and you throw it in, even when it has nothing to do with the OP.

Oz

No more than your avoiding mine..
I have avoided nothing and am getting tired of your games. You posted some things about which I asked questions and you continually avoid them. This strongly suggests you don't know what you're talking about since you can't explain what you meant.

This thread is about the videos in the OP regarding defending the existence of God. Your made-up problems with Bible versions have absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Sorry but you are demonstrating that you don't understand how to read your Bible with clarity. You are so off base. It gets explained to you and you ignore that completely.

I have avoided nothing and am getting tired of your games. You posted some things about which I asked questions and you continually avoid them. This strongly suggests you don't know what you're talking about since you can't explain what you meant.

This thread is about the videos in the OP regarding defending the existence of God. Your made-up problems with Bible versions have absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Videos or up close and personal its all the same thing..
Which verses did I raise from the ESV in the OP?

How does you version read according to Isaiah 14:12?

Videos or up close and personal its all the same thing..

How does you version read according to Isaiah 14:12?
Isa. 14:12 has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, so please drop it. And while you're at it, please answer the questions I asked of you.

Hi OZ
I watched two of the videos so far.
I used to use both the cosmological and the moral issue with my religion kids at about the age of 11/12.
It would have been great to have these. I believe they would have been suitable for them.

The moral argument is also good for atheists. They'll always tell you that they are able to set a moral standard - only problem is, whose!

Thanks for posting these videos.

Wondering

BTW, "The creation itself is a witness of God.(Rom. 1:19-20) is itself part of the cosmological argument and the fine-tuning argument. So you can't escape defending the existence of God even apart from Scripture. We are given a brain and the rules of logic to use.
I had already pointed that out in post #7. I could not see myself for what I was as a man until I met Christ. He called me one Sunday at the age of 16 years old that I responded to immediately. Oh, I had gone to church many times at many different Churches; Earnest Angley, Church of Tomorrow, Akron Baptist Temple, First Church of Christ (where the Lord called me). I had gone down at the invitations at just about every church to accept the Lord, but while they were sincere, there was never any fellowship with the Lord, and life went on as usual (you don't join the Church by human reasoning or action). But one day I set in Church during a sermon. I do not remember the sermon, but I remember a calling and a transparent image beckoning me, and i felt an urgency to go up and obey the pleading for me to come unto the Lord.(and I did) I was baptized immediately, and coming up out of the water, I felt as thou I was to float up into the air. I understood later from the Lord that it was because of the weight of sin in my life that had been weighing me down. And once the weight of sin was lifted, I had nothing to weigh my spirit down. It has been a long hard road, since I was not always obedient or in fellowship with the Lord, but I would run ahead or away from His instructions. (maturity comes through time and trials)

That is why I believe. He called me, I did not join. You may not believe my testimony, and you may not believe in God, but I have seen Him, and you will too. I will see Him in His Glory, but you will see Him in His wrath. (Luke 12:57-59)

I had already pointed that out in post #7. I could not see myself for what I was as a man until I met Christ. He called me one Sunday at the age of 16 years old that I responded to immediately. Oh, I had gone to church many times at many different Churches; Earnest Angley, Church of Tomorrow, Akron Baptist Temple, First Church of Christ (where the Lord called me). I had gone down at the invitations at just about every church to accept the Lord, but while they were sincere, there was never any fellowship with the Lord, and life went on as usual (you don't join the Church by human reasoning or action). But one day I set in Church during a sermon. I do not remember the sermon, but I remember a calling and a transparent image beckoning me, and i felt an urgency to go up and obey the pleading for me to come unto the Lord.(and I did) I was baptized immediately, and coming up out of the water, I felt as thou I was to float up into the air. I understood later from the Lord that it was because of the weight of sin in my life that had been weighing me down. And once the weight of sin was lifted, I had nothing to weigh my spirit down. It has been a long hard road, since I was not always obedient or in fellowship with the Lord, but I would run ahead or away from His instructions. (maturity comes through time and trials)

That is why I believe. He called me, I did not join. You may not believe my testimony, and you may not believe in God, but I have seen Him, and you will too. I will see Him in His Glory, but you will see Him in His wrath. (Luke 12:57-59)

i believe your testimony Douglas...

Praise God!

Back