Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Did Adam and Eve really exist?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God spoke and BANG! It happened![/quote]

Bang and what happened??????

kenmaynard said:
whirlwind said:
Orion said:
The whole story is figurative . . . . and didn't take place in 6 days, ~6,000 years ago. Again, Adam and Eve MAY have existed in some way or another and their likeness was used to attempt to understand "how it all came to be". They were, of course, mistaken or misunderstanding at best.

It was quite true and happened about 14,000 years ago...as written. Remember...."one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." [11 Peter 3:8]

14,000? Most young earthers say the the age of the earth is 6,000. Why do you think something different?

There was a previous age in which Satan rebelled. God destroyed the age, shook up heaven and earth...down went the dinosaurs. Then He started over in this age. I see this present earth age as 14,000 years as follows....

God took six days from the time "the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters," until mankind was created. The seventh day He rested and then...on the eighth day Adam was formed. That is eight of God's days and each of His days, as Peter tells us, is as a thousand years. So, when Adam was formed the earth was eight thousand years old.

From Adam to Jesus we have four thousand years . From Jesus to now we have two thousand years. The grand total is...14,000 years from the beginning of this age.

Dave Slayer said:
whirlwind said:
Orion said:
The whole story is figurative . . . . and didn't take place in 6 days, ~6,000 years ago. Again, Adam and Eve MAY have existed in some way or another and their likeness was used to attempt to understand "how it all came to be". They were, of course, mistaken or misunderstanding at best.

It was quite true and happened about 14,000 years ago...as written. Remember...."one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." [11 Peter 3:8]

This is not saying that a day with the Lord is a thousand years. God is outside of time. All this verse is saying that time is nothing to God. Basically, the passage is exxagterating to make a point. The context of 1 Peter 3:8 has to do with God being patient with us. We often get so concerned about time but to God, time is just a small flash. To us a thousand years is a long time but to God it is nothing. I believe that is all the passage is saying.

If we are to say that each day we live is one thousand years to God, then we are trapping God in time. In this case, God would have an age. However, God does not have an age, He has always been.

So many do this passage injustice by teaching it to explain how long each creation day is. The Bible says six days. Evening and morning are a day. The sun goes down and the sun goes up. How long were these days to God? Nothing. God is not trapped in time. How long were they on earth? Probably close to 24 hours because that is about how long it takes for the sun to set and the sun to rise. To me, it is that simple. If each creation day was thousands or perhaps millions of years, the sun would set and rise a lot more than once. Or, it took thousands or millons of years for the sun to rise after it had set. I can certainly respect the opinions of others as this should not be a dividing issue.

One of these days, we will all know the truth of the matter. But by then, it won't matter. We will be in a place where time does not exist and will be with our Father for all eternity.

:amen

Please read it again it is ver clear and easy --- one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day----Do you not understand this???????

GOd also said man will not live to see a thousand years old,,,have you ever noticed that the man lived a thousand years it memory serves one man reached 969..........Indeed a day to God is a thousand years to us......

Also the Lords day is a 1000 years,,,,get it????? Lords day,, a 1000 year millenium....a day equals 1000 years.....

DaveSlayer said:
God spoke and BANG! It happened!

NIGHTMARE said:

The universe was created! :)

Just as I am convicned that 2+2=4, I am convinced God created the entire universe. :yes

No one is going to change my mind with human reasoning and logic.

NIGHTMARE said:
Please read it again it is ver clear and easy --- one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day----Do you not understand this???????

GOd also said man will not live to see a thousand years old,,,have you ever noticed that the man lived a thousand years it memory serves one man reached 969..........Indeed a day to God is a thousand years to us......

Also the Lords day is a 1000 years,,,,get it????? Lords day,, a 1000 year millenium....a day equals 1000 years.....

Then you are giving God an age. You are not reading the text in context. If each of our days is a thousand years to God, then God is trapped in time as we are. But we know that is not the case. What Peter said in 2 Peter 3:8 was simply a figure of speech.

Jesus says if our eye causes us to sin to pluck it out, right? Should we take that literally and pop out our eye balls? No. You have to read everything in context. Same goes with 2 Peter 3:8.

I would encourage you to check out this article that deals with this topic.

http://www.crownandsickle.com/articles/article-066.php

If you wish to believe that God ages a thousand years when we age a day, go ahead. But I do not believe it. We both believe we are right but at least one of us is wrong.

DO YOU THINK GOD JUST WORKED ON THIS ONE PLANET? HE CREATED THE UNIVERSE AND THERE IS ALOT OF SPACE AND TIME, EVEN THOUGH TO GOD TIME DOESNT MATTER. WE ARENT THE ONLY PLANET IN THIS UNIVERSE. I WONT EVEN GO INTO LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS THAT WILL EXPLODE IN THIS FORUM.

WE TRY AND FIGURE OUT HOW LONG IT TOOK TO DO EVERYTHING THAT IS SPOKEN DURING THE FIRST DAYS OF CREATION. COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED FROM THE FIRST TO THE LAST DAY OF CREATION? NONE OF THIS STUFF WAS WRITTEN DOWN ON PAPER OR PAPYRUS THIS IS ALL WRITTEN DOWN OR CHISELED ON TABLETS.

DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THE EARTH IS BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD? GO OUTSIDE AND LOOK AT THE STARS AND THE EARTH AND EVERYTHING WE HAVE AND TRY TO COMPREHEND WHAT YOUR ARE LOOKING AT AND FIT IT INTO THE BIBLE. I THINK GOD USES NATURE TO CREATE EVERYTHING.

Dave Slayer said:
DaveSlayer said:

NIGHTMARE said:

Just as I am convicned that 2+2=4, I am convinced God created the entire universe. :yes

Yeah who needs logic right? Science, logic, etc. are meaningless, and are a scam right? Medicine is a scam. We are only fooled into thinking medicine that was tested on animals would have any effect on us. We are in no way related to them so that is a lie. Geologists are liars too. They conspire with the evil Muslims to make Christians think they know where the oil is and how to get to it. The fact of the matter is geologists made up the lie that the earth is billions of years old. Geologists, and Muslims in league with Satan use the blood of demons and human sacrifice to create the oil. They do this to trick Christians into thinking the bible might be wrong.

I see with clarity now. Anything is possible when you stop using logic.

kenmaynard said:
Yeah who needs logic right? Science, logic, etc. are meaningless, and are a scam right? Medicine is a scam. We are only fooled into thinking medicine that was tested on animals would have any effect on us. We are in no way related to them so that is a lie. Geologists are liars too. They conspire with the evil Muslims to make Christians think they know where the oil is and how to get to it. The fact of the matter is geologists made up the lie that the earth is billions of years old. Geologists, and Muslims in league with Satan use the blood of demons and human sacrifice to create the oil. They do this to trick Christians into thinking the bible might be wrong.

I see with clarity now. Anything is possible when you stop using logic.

I trust what the Bible says. Sure, science can affirm much of what the Bible says, but I believe there are times when science is wrong. If we can't understand something and science cannot explain it, that does not mean the Bible is false. The Bible trumps man made science, especially when men get it wrong. Surely no scientist can say that his theories are 100% accurate.

I will choose to end my discussion on this and am agreeing to disagree.

God Bless!

Dave

sforces said:
DO YOU THINK GOD JUST WORKED ON THIS ONE PLANET? HE CREATED THE UNIVERSE AND THERE IS ALOT OF SPACE AND TIME, EVEN THOUGH TO GOD TIME DOESNT MATTER. WE ARENT THE ONLY PLANET IN THIS UNIVERSE. I WONT EVEN GO INTO LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS THAT WILL EXPLODE IN THIS FORUM.

WE TRY AND FIGURE OUT HOW LONG IT TOOK TO DO EVERYTHING THAT IS SPOKEN DURING THE FIRST DAYS OF CREATION. COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED FROM THE FIRST TO THE LAST DAY OF CREATION? NONE OF THIS STUFF WAS WRITTEN DOWN ON PAPER OR PAPYRUS THIS IS ALL WRITTEN DOWN OR CHISELED ON TABLETS.

DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THE EARTH IS BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD? GO OUTSIDE AND LOOK AT THE STARS AND THE EARTH AND EVERYTHING WE HAVE AND TRY TO COMPREHEND WHAT YOUR ARE LOOKING AT AND FIT IT INTO THE BIBLE. I THINK GOD USES NATURE TO CREATE EVERYTHING.

What is wrong with you? Why do you put everything in all caps? Didn't you learn that only the first letter of a sentence or proper nouns are capitalized? STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

whirlwind said:
Orion said:

What??? That's not even a coherent answer. :gah

Orion said:
whirlwind said:
Orion said:

What??? That's not even a coherent answer. :gah

BTW, . . .I will go on record as saying that I believe that ALL of what is stated in the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of eden was either figurative, or a lie. Not in any way literal.

While I will agree with you Ken, it would be better to PM a Mod or report the offending post.

sforces, I have noticed you have done this on more than one occasion. Please understand this is just a forewarning that #9 of our TOS asks that members refrain from posting in all caps.

Thanks.

Really, the core belief to the non-Christian, is that God did not create anything. I don't even know why they bother throwing in, that He created it in billions of years. The truth is...they don't believe in Him at all. Furthermore, some of you are just searching for answers...others may in fact...really be trying to be outright enemies of God.
Nothing the Christian believer says will sway those that have predetermined their own fate. God is righteous...and won't put up with any of it. They will have their insults for a season...then God will just slam the hammer. He makes no apologies for HIS ways... and I make no apologies for HIS ways either.
Too bad life is that way. I would really have liked to have seen some of them have the chance to make friends with God... I'm with you Dave Slayer...God is the Creator.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Which unbelievers don't have.Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. (and evolution)
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature (or creation) more than the Creator (no belief in God), who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I think Dave is right. This post should be ended. Just leave it to the non-believers. They do nothing for us anyway. Some of you must really be lonely, to have to come and vent your faithless views on a Christian forum. What's the problem? Not enough disheartened non-believers to fellowship with... or do you get sick of each others company?
I guess you just don't understand that believers love God...and we love each other too.
The Christian believers on this site aren't going to change their faithful opinions of God one iota.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Hallelujah! to all fellow believers.Praise God and blessings to all believers.

Dave Slayer said:
DaveSlayer said:

NIGHTMARE said:

It says God created the heavens and the earth period..........You dont know how old the earth is no-one does but from common sense and science its at least a million......

justvisiting said:
I think Dave is right. This post should be ended. Just leave it to the non-believers. They do nothing for us anyway. Some of you must really be lonely, to have to come and vent your faithless views on a Christian forum. What's the problem? Not enough disheartened non-believers to fellowship with... or do you get sick of each others company?
I guess you just don't understand that believers love God...and we love each other too.
The Christian believers on this site aren't going to change their faithful opinions of God one iota.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Hallelujah! to all fellow believers.Praise God and blessings to all believers.

I dont think its a believer,, non-believer thing,,,most christians dont understand much about Adam and Eve just the junk thats spewed from preachers.....

sforces said:
WHERE DID YOU FIND THE INFO THAT MARYS FATHER WAS HELI. IF THIS IS TRUE THEN MARY AND JOSEPH ARE BROTHER AND SISTER.
sforces, I'll start another thread on "the lineage of Mary" so everyone can continue to talk about Adam and Eve in this one.

Westtexas

Seriously Dave? Did you really just say that all Orion said was using human reasoning? I sure hope ur joking. I believe that's all God gave us. You might wanna sit the next few plays out if ur gonna make comments like that. Tell me u we're joking.

Dave Slayer said:
Orion said:
No, they did not exist. If they DID, . . . it wasn't the way Genesis portrays. That is as far as I see it.

As for "Eve eating the fruit and sinning", . . . if someone doesn't know "good and evil", what it means to actually DO something evil, then Eve would not have known that what she was doing WAS wrong. She wouldn't know HOW to "be disobedient". If she already was capable of making the decision "to sin" by "being disobedeint", then there was no NEED for a "tree of the knowledge of good and evil". It is a "chicken and the egg" paradox. It is simple logic.

Oh, and a baby is innocent!!!!! Most children are innocent UNTIL they actually KNOW that they are being wrong.

Everything you have posted here is human reasoning. Nothing Biblical whatsoever in your post. You have absolutely no way of disproving Adam and Eve's existence. The inspired word of God trumps human logic anyday. If someone has trouble believing what the Bible says, then discussing these matters is a waste of time.

justvisiting said:
Really, the core belief to the non-Christian, is that God did not create anything. I don't even know why they bother throwing in, that He created it in billions of years. The truth is...they don't believe in Him at all. Furthermore, some of you are just searching for answers...others may in fact...really be trying to be outright enemies of God.
Nothing the Christian believer says will sway those that have predetermined their own fate. God is righteous...and won't put up with any of it. They will have their insults for a season...then God will just slam the hammer. He makes no apologies for HIS ways... and I make no apologies for HIS ways either.
Too bad life is that way. I would really have liked to have seen some of them have the chance to make friends with God...

I am not certain if this comment was directed towards me or not, . . .but if so, please spare me your "righteous indignation". Let me tell you something, . . . I would LOVE to "have a friend in God". I cannot, however, just "believe in this TYPE of relationship by faith". I have SINCERELY tried for YEARS, . . . and always walked away empty. IF God wants a relationship with me, I've not seen his hand stretching towards mine.

All I am saying is that, on the topic of this thread,. . . the Bible cannot be taken literally, when you view the first chapters of Genesis! If you believe that God will "smash me with a hammer" because of my THOUGHT CRIME, then that's pretty petty, considering the complete lack of credible evidence for a 6,000 - 10,000 year old earth, and the definite evidence for a MUCH older universe and earth.

Orion said:
justvisiting said:
Too bad life is that way. I would really have liked to have seen some of them have the chance to make friends with God...

I am not certain if this comment was directed towards me or not, . . .but if so, please spare me your "righteous indignation". Let me tell you something, . . . I would LOVE to "have a friend in God". I cannot, however, just "believe in this TYPE of relationship by faith". I have SINCERELY tried for YEARS, . . . and always walked away empty. IF God wants a relationship with me, I've not seen his hand stretching towards mine.

All I am saying is that, on the topic of this thread,. . . the Bible cannot be taken literally, when you view the first chapters of Genesis! If you believe that God will "smash me with a hammer" because of my THOUGHT CRIME, then that's pretty petty, considering the complete lack of credible evidence for a 6,000 - 10,000 year old earth, and the definite evidence for a MUCH older universe and earth.

Orion, I was where you are. I wanted to believe, I tried to believe and finally simply accepted it even though there were so many questions. Then I began to understand what is written for...the answers are written. When He said, "I foretold you all things," I believe that. It is there...I just have to find it. :yes Many of my questions have been answered and I thank Him for that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back