Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Divisions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
2 Corinthians 3:2 kjv
2. Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3. Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

If we let Satan stand within ourselves, the one who defiles is standing in the temple that we are.

eddif

Written not in tables of stone, nor written with ink in the pages of the Book!

Deuteronomy 30:11-14
For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Ah yes, the typical ad hominem when on is losing a debate because one is wrong and the realization is too much.
Nope. You just reinterpret every one of my posts to fit your view.
If you would just engage my questions and arguments then we could proceed.
You are deflecting... so how can I engage with you?
I feel that talking with you is like using a fork to enjoy a nice soup. Progress can be made... but it is probably not worth it.

This is how I see your arguments... show me wrong.

No I did not. And you made a nasty reference to my thinking and sleeping. Clearly ad hominem.
Stop the personal attacks and answer mine.
Stop the personal attacks and if you want to move on to attack the next feel free.
I feel that talking with you is like using a fork to enjoy a nice soup. Progress can be made... but it is probably not worth it.
Ah, the next personal attack.
Will you stop the personal attacks regarding my sleeping?

I told you the sources for my belief system and you made a nasty reference to my sleeping, definitely personal. Ask questions if you don’t understand, not attack me.

So the question is not settled.
So long as one person questions something... it ain't settled.
Have you ever heard of the dog in the manger dilemma? The whole world or any part of it are not held at unable to know a matter is settled because one person refuses to see it is. Knowing truth is not held ransom because of one unbelieving man. The Biblical canon was settled millennia ago. If you don’t think so it doesn’t change that fact for everyone else.

We may be learning:
Esoteric vs exoteric

Not that I really have any real desire to go there. The Hebrew and Greek are different. God speaking in another language is heresy to some.

Being a Mississippi redneck, about all I can do is hope to understand a way to day something correctly in spite of my ignorance.

eddif

Have you ever heard of the dog in the manger dilemma? The whole world or any part of it are not held at unable to know a matter is settled because one person refuses to see it is. Knowing truth is not held ransom because of one unbelieving man. The Biblical canon was settled millennia ago. If you don’t think so it doesn’t change that fact for everyone else.
So is it 66 books or 73 books?
Settled millennium ago?... But there is a discrepancy today. So clearly not settled.

No I did not. And you made a nasty reference to my thinking and sleeping. Clearly ad hominem.

Stop the personal attacks and answer mine.
What questions are you asking?
I don't see any.
Stop the personal attacks and if you want to move on to attack the next feel free.

Ah, the next personal attack.

Will you stop the personal attacks regarding my sleeping?
Sorry to question your sleeping. Maybe I should have said "tell your self whatever you need to to salve your conscience"... Is that better?

I told you the sources for my belief system and you made a nasty reference to my sleeping, definitely personal. Ask questions if you don’t understand, not attack me.
The sources of your belief system... So why do you believe that the NT is Scripture?
You believe the Bible is your source... I say that I am questioning something more basic than that.
Why do you believe in the book? And your answer is "I believe in the book"... not very convincing.

The sources of your belief system... So why do you believe that the NT is Scripture?
I believe it’s inspired of God and useful for teaching, correcting and training in righteousness.
You believe the Bible is your source... I say that I am questioning something more basic than that.
Like what?
Why do you believe in the book?
Because what it says matches real life.
And your answer is "I believe in the book"... not very convincing.
Ah, you guessed wrong. I’m an unusual Christian in this generation.

Absolutely. Not always a bad thing. Not always a good thing.
There are differences between mother and father in any family you name. Why should we expect groups to be different? Ask ten doctors questions on treatments and you won’t get one answer. Why should the church be different?

Back