Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Do we love the truth!

Nope, it's the guarantee that Christianity (that has Jesus Christ as its foundation and it's central figure) will prevail against all commers. And the vanquished include those who would point us to Peter and not Christ.
Christ points to peter and declares him blessed

Christ points to peter and declares him blessed
25.119 μακάριος, α, ον: pertaining to being happy, with the implication of enjoying favorable circumstances—‘happy.’​
[Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). In Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 301). United Bible Societies.]​

Truly, Peter enjoyed a happy and favorable circumstance when by trusting the revelations delivered to him by God he understood for a certainty that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the Living God" (Matt 16:20). But like many things that are perversions of the truth, turning "blessed" into some sort of ritualistic anointing which establishes a heirchical church with the "blessed" one as its foundation and head is a perversion of the truth.

25.119 μακάριος, α, ον: pertaining to being happy, with the implication of enjoying favorable circumstances—‘happy.’​
[Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). In Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 301). United Bible Societies.]​

Truly, Peter enjoyed a happy and favorable circumstance when by trusting the revelations delivered to him by God he understood for a certainty that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the Living God" (Matt 16:20). But like many things that are perversions of the truth, turning "blessed" into some sort of ritualistic anointing which establishes a heirchical church with the "blessed" one as its foundation and head is a perversion of the truth.
Yes it does and thats why Jesus changed his name signifies an office of authority

The water surrounds an unborn baby.
The blind leading the blind

Born again!

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Both are involved in being born again

“WATER AND OF THE SPIRIT”!

Does not say by “the spirit alone” or by faith alone”!

Cannot enter the kingdom!

It must be administered unto you by those who have the administration in the kingdom

2 pet 1:11
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 8:19
And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Jn 3:23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

(((Water & the spirit)))

Baptismal regeneration!

Mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Amen !

Yes it does and thats why Jesus changed his name signifies an office of authority
Obviously, this is not the only point of disagreement that we have. In fact, we have only found one point of agreement so far, and that is that Jesus died on the cross only one time. From my point of view, our numerous disagreements can be boiled down to one issue... the degree of separation between man and God.

You think the Catholic Church, its clergy, and it rites and rituals stand between God and man. You bend every Scripture to support that end. You do not engage in debate over the wording of Scripture where it obviously contradicts your interpretations, you just double-down on the faulty interpretations.

On the other hand, I know and understand that God is actively involved in drawing lost people to Himself and is personally leading, teaching, guiding, correcting, and comforting those in whom He lives. I know there is only one intermediary between God and man... the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. And I know that He administers His grace, forgiveness, and salvation directly, not through intermediaries. This is the real testimony of Scripture.

I have learned a lot about Catholicism in my conversations with you. Though I am not sure your version accurately reflects the official version of Catholicism, it is probably close enough for all intents and purposes. In a sleepless late-night/early-morning discussion with the Lord earlier today, I decided that my efforts to correct you are misplaced. If the Lord allows it, for fear that I may do damage to weaker individuals who may be on the cusp of coming to know Christ, I have decided it is less risky to leave your doctrine unchallenged than to refute it. The Lord will sort it all out in the end.

Born again!

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

It must be administered unto you by those who have the administration in the kingdom

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Jn 3:23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

(((Water & the spirit)))

Baptismal regeneration!

Amen !

No sir.

Jesus defined what He meant in verse 6.

Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:5-6

Water = Natural Birth - That which is born of the flesh

Spirit = Spiritual Birth - that which is born of the Spirit
Remember Jesus was responding to Nicodemus, and what he said. Jesus was teaching him about the spiritual birth by using the natural birth, that is to say, "earthly things".

• If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? John 3:12
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” John 3:3-4

Jesus simply used natural birth (born of flesh; water) to teach Nicodemus about spiritual birth.

John also used this unique phrase about being born of water to teach his disciples about the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.

Can we discuss this further?

JLB

Born again!

(((Water & the spirit)))

Baptismal regeneration!

Amen !
Were that true, we would be undergoing three births.
One through our moms, and then, two more rebirths !

No sir.

Jesus defined what He meant in verse 6.

Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:5-6

Water = Natural Birth - That which is born of the flesh

Spirit = Spiritual Birth - that which is born of the Spirit
Remember Jesus was responding to Nicodemus, and what he said. Jesus was teaching him about the spiritual birth by using the natural birth, that is to say, "earthly things".

• If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? John 3:12
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” John 3:3-4

Jesus simply used natural birth (born of flesh; water) to teach Nicodemus about spiritual birth.

John also used this unique phrase about being born of water to teach his disciples about the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.

Can we discuss this further?

JLB
Show me an early church father eho agrees with you?

Show me an early church father eho agrees with you?

I don't use the teachings of man.

I use scripture; The doctrine of Christ

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you. 1 Timothy 4:16

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:9

I don't use the teachings of man.

I use scripture; The doctrine of Christ

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you. 1 Timothy 4:16

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:9
They are!
Acts 1:8

You said that rebirth was by both the water and the Spirit.
That would actually be the second and third births.
How?
One: natural birth
Two: born again by water & the spirit
What third birth?

Back