Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Earths Age

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jehovah Jirah .. Here is where I go a little further .. Adam and Eve were created on the 6th day but imo they were not alone and God created mankind also the 6th day but the rest were busy subduing the Earth the instant they appeared, it is where the races and Cains wife come from, but Adam was the man created for the garden the same day, Eve too . ''But for Adam no suitable helpmate was found'' .. Adam and Eve fellowshipped with God in the Garden and were given the first law, thou shalt not eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil .. Eve was a perfect Adam but female created from Adam for Adam, same looks, intellect , body size everything identical except a perfect female and match for Adam .. When Adam sinned he couldn't say ''she was too smart, too dumb, too fat or skinny too anything to excuse or blame'' because she was perfect in all ways for Adam . Eve is the mother of all the living and traced directly down to Noah and all after. Mrs Noah and all Noahs daughter in laws and even Noah and his sons contained all the DNA for every race of mankind he wanted preserved from the pre-flood world .. Satan didn't wait billions of years to attack and deceive either and began right away in the garden, it's what he does .. Sin and death entered the whole world and creation through one man ..

Jehovah Jirah .. Here is where I go a little further .. Adam and Eve were created on the 6th day but imo they were not alone and God created mankind also the 6th day but the rest were busy subduing the Earth the instant they appeared, it is where the races and Cains wife come from, but Adam was the man created for the garden the same day, Eve too . ''But for Adam no suitable helpmate was found'' .. Adam and Eve fellowshipped with God in the Garden and were given the first law, thou shalt not eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil .. Eve was a perfect Adam but female created from Adam for Adam, same looks, intellect , body size everything identical except a perfect female and match for Adam .. When Adam sinned he couldn't say ''she was too smart, too dumb, too fat or skinny too anything to excuse or blame'' because she was perfect in all ways for Adam . Eve is the mother of all the living and traced directly down to Noah and all after. Mrs Noah and all Noahs daughter in laws and even Noah and his sons contained all the DNA for every race of mankind he wanted preserved from the pre-flood world .. Satan didn't wait billions of years to attack and deceive either and began right away in the garden, it's what he does .. Sin and death entered the whole world and creation through one man ..
I don't understand where we find this need to create our own theories as to where Cain got his wife, or that there were other men and women created during this week.

Do you not think that God would have told us?

The answer to where Cain got his wife is simple... it was a sister.

There were no other humans created by God during the creation week. This is not biblical, and, again, is an assumption or fabrication of human intellect in order to fit into our minds how this all took place.

We must remember that the times of the days before the flood were much different than now.

Check out this site:

https://creation.com/cain-chronology

I don't understand where we find this need to create our own theories as to where Cain got his wife, or that there were other men and women created during this week.

There were no other humans created by God during the creation week. This is not biblical, and, again, is an assumption or fabrication of human intellect in order to fit into our minds how this all took place.

We must remember that the times of the days before the flood were much different than now.

Check out this site:

Ha, I said I go a little farther .. If you want to believe sister it is the common thought .. When I witness to folks especially young folks just about all say ''who did Cain marry '' ? ''his mother, his sister ''? If God is against it now why not then ? I have not went outside the Word imo and I consider Gods character .. I have no problem with what others believe, it's not my responsibility .. I also don't believe Abraham married his sister or half sister ..

He told us about the flood, and why...

Why do you think He would have done something else and not said anything about it.

I'm not going to assume based on the translation of one word. From what I gather, Eve was the very first human woman.... that ends all the chatter.

There is always a possibility that what God gave to Moses to write never included another place and time with people before Adam. Just things I ponder at times, but truly has no bearing on us as far as salvation, faith and obedience to God.

Check out this site:

hello Jacks Bratt, dirtfarmer here

I agree.

Mutations of genes had not begun when Cain married his sister, so therefore there was no ill affects of marrying kin at that time.

Last edited:
Ha, I said I go a little farther .. If you want to believe sister it is the common thought .. When I witness to folks especially young folks just about all say ''who did Cain marry '' ? ''his mother, his sister ''? If God is against it now why not then ? I have not went outside the Word imo and I consider Gods character .. I have no problem with what others believe, it's not my responsibility .. I also don't believe Abraham married his sister or half sister ..

hello brujaq, dirtfarmer here

Most of the time we agree, but Abram either lied or Sarai was his half sister. They had the same father but not the same mother.
Genesis 20:12, " And yet indeed she is my sister: she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife."

With all due respect.....IMO

Firstly, his mother would have been Eve. So, that's out.

Secondly, When witnessing to anyone new to the scriptures, is it not odd that they had kids at 130 years old and more? Is it not odd that they lived to be 600, 700 and 800 years old.

If we are going to say that Cain married a woman of another source, would we not need to have some scriptural evidence as to where this woman would have came from. I mean, we tell them that God formed the first man from clay, with His own hands and breathed the breath of life into him.

Then, He made woman from this first man's rib.... thus, Eve got her life from Adams living rib.

All humans come from Adam and Eve. Every human is a descendant of Adam and Eve. All life for all humans came from one breath from God... into Adam and passed on to Eve. All life for the rest of humanity comes from the two living sex cells which combine to start the formation of a new human.

We don't give our kids life... the life, that is in us, came from God and through the miracle of this, both parents each give a living portion of themselves to form a living being. But the life.... originated from Adam, who got it from God.

There is no room for the creation of other humans or other tribes of humans....

You can believe it if you want, but there is no scripture to back it up.

Might as well tell these new Christians to be, the truth. This way they can understand that the world has not always been the way it is now and it won't be this way forever.

Most of the time we agree, but Abram either lied or Sarai was his half sister. They had the same father but not the same mother.
Genesis 20:12, " And yet indeed she is my sister: she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife."
Abraham did lie , even Sarah had to be convinced, but he lied to save his skin .. Abrams father Terah was recorded having 3 sons and no mention of other sons or daughters .. Though I do believe she was kin ..

With all due respect.....IMO

Firstly, his mother would have been Eve. So, that's out.

Secondly, When witnessing to anyone new to the scriptures, is it not odd that they had kids at 130 years old and more? Is it not odd that they lived to be 600, 700 and 800 years old.

If we are going to say that Cain married a woman of another source, would we not need to have some scriptural evidence as to where this woman would have came from. I mean, we tell them that God formed the first man from clay, with His own hands and breathed the breath of life into him.

Then, He made woman from this first man's rib.... thus, Eve got her life from Adams living rib.

All humans come from Adam and Eve. Every human is a descendant of Adam and Eve. All life for all humans came from one breath from God... into Adam and passed on to Eve. All life for the rest of humanity comes from the two living sex cells which combine to start the formation of a new human.

We don't give our kids life... the life, that is in us, came from God and through the miracle of this, both parents each give a living portion of themselves to form a living being. But the life.... originated from Adam, who got it from God.

There is no room for the creation of other humans or other tribes of humans....

You can believe it if you want, but there is no scripture to back it up.

Might as well tell these new Christians to be, the truth. This way they can understand that the world has not always been the way it is now and it won't be this way forever.
Taken with all due respect Bro ..
Man was created on the 6th day male and female he created them , for Adam no suitable helpmate was found, am I supposed to believe Adam was supposed to pick a mate from the animals? And also God didn't mention Adam and Eve had any other sons and daughters until after Seth was born .. My assumption is no more than those who assume Cain married his sister unless you can show me in the Word . The Bible says Adam was 130 when Seth was born .. The Bible says the sons of God saw that the sons of man were beautiful and married them .. Adam was the first son of God who knew God with relationship and created on the 6th day but not the only man .. And the myth that fallen angels mated with daughters of men is out of the question as far as I'm concerned and ridiculous ..

Man was created on the 6th day male and female he created them , for Adam no suitable helpmate was found, am I supposed to believe Adam was supposed to pick a mate from the animals? And also God didn't mention Adam and Eve had any other sons and daughters until after Seth was born .. My assumption is no more than those who assume Cain married his sister unless you can show me in the Word . The Bible says Adam was 130 when Seth was born .. The Bible says the sons of God saw that the sons of man were beautiful and married them .. Adam was the first son of God who knew God with relationship and created on the 6th day but not the only man .. And the myth that fallen angels mated with daughters of men is out of the question as far as I'm concerned and ridiculous ..
Well, I'm sorry that we must disagree on this topic.

The word of God only says that more sons and daughters. It does not mean that they didn't have any before then.

The Genesis 6 topic has been argued here and on other forums before. The whole "Sethite" view falls apart. The only explanation as to why these "men of renown" are so epic.... is because they were hybrids of a human to angel mingling.

Evidence of this is seen all over the world in Megalithic structures that have been constructed in sizes and with technology beyond our own even today. ..

I don't believe that there is any scripture, at all, that indicates that Adam was not the first and only human male and Eve was the first and only human woman, created by God and that all mankind is from them.

God Bless.

The word of God only says that more sons and daughters. It does not mean that they didn't have any before then.

The Genesis 6 topic has been argued here and on other forums before. The whole "Sethite" view falls apart. The only explanation as to why these "men of renown" are so epic.... is because they were hybrids of a human to angel mingling.

Evidence of this is seen all over the world in Megalithic structures that have been constructed in sizes and with technology beyond our own even today. ..

I don't believe that there is any scripture, at all, that indicates that Adam was not the first and only human male and Eve was the first and only human woman, created by God and that all mankind is from them.

God Bless.
Well I admit I'm not in the majority of thinking :thumbsup .. There were giants and men of renown but also giant animals .. Another thought is that the Sons of God married the daughters of men and their offspring were fierce and mighty, even giant but not good and got worse .. But my point is that their offspring would have known of God and the absence of God mixed with false gods from the daughters of men , a dangerous mix .. We know that the history of Israel they continually took on strange gods and opened themselves up to all manner of sin and evil , just look around today at who godless people regard as their heroes, and the same could be said of them , famous and men of renown . Renown means legendary not necessarily good or Godly .... Jesus was clear that angels do not procreate .. I'm enjoying this .. Who was Cain afraid would kill him ?

Well I admit I'm not in the majority of thinking :thumbsup .. There were giants and men of renown but also giant animals .. Another thought is that the Sons of God married the daughters of men and their offspring were fierce and mighty, even giant but not good and got worse .. But my point is that their offspring would have known of God and the absence of God mixed with false gods from the daughters of men , a dangerous mix .. We know that the history of Israel they continually took on strange gods and opened themselves up to all manner of sin and evil , just look around today at who godless people regard as their heroes, and the same could be said of them , famous and men of renown . Renown means legendary not necessarily good or Godly .... Jesus was clear that angels do not procreate .. I'm enjoying this .. Who was Cain afraid would kill him ?
I must disagree. Jesus said that angels are not given in marriage. He also said that it was the "angels in heaven" that are not given in marriage....

Here:
Matthew 22:30 King James Version (KJV)

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Also, the punishment, for the angels that did this was, first, to watch their offspring fight a civil war and kill each other off. Then to be chained for 70 generations. Then, their grand kids messed with all the genetics of the animals and humans. This is why "all flesh was corrupted.

Sorry, gotta run.

God Bless.

Nowhere does it say that angels were involved with multiplying or having any dominion over the earth as Matthew 22:30 and Mark 12:25 makes it clear that angels do not marry nor are given in marriage so in fact they also can not procreate for they have no gender. Only God can give them human form for the purpose of His ministry as angels are ministering angels, Hebrews 1:14.

Scripture states in Genesis 4:1, " And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said I have gotten a man from the LORD." Seth was born after Cain killed Abel. It is my belief that verse 2 states that Abel was Cain's twin. We only find one conception, "Adam knew Eve.

Nowhere does it say that angels were involved with multiplying or having any dominion over the earth as Matthew 22:30 and Mark 12:25 makes it clear that angels do not marry nor are given in marriage so in fact they also can not procreate for they have no gender. Only God can give them human form for the purpose of His ministry as angels are ministering angels, Hebrews 1:14.

hello for_his_glory, dirtfarmer here

Angels in heaven have no gender but the 3 that appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre had gender. One was Yahweh(LORD) the other 2 according Genesis 19:1-5 had gender. In verse 5 the men of Sodom asked Lot " Where are the men which came in to thee this night?"

Angels in heaven have no gender but the 3 that appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre had gender. One was Yahweh(LORD) the other 2 according Genesis 19:1-5 had gender. In verse 5 the men of Sodom asked Lot " Where are the men which came in to thee this night?"

It is only God that sends down any angels and even Christ in human form for His purpose only as the angels and even Jesus could only speak that of what God gave the to speak, John 12:49; Rev 1:1. These angels and even Jesus were only in the form of man, but when Jesus came to earth He was flesh and blood, but had no sin nature as we do. Jesus as well as the angels are in Gods perfect will except those ones who rebelled against Him.

It is only God that sends down any angels and even Christ in human form for His purpose only as the angels and even Jesus could only speak that of what God gave the to speak, John 12:49; Rev 1:1. These angels and even Jesus were only in the form of man, but when Jesus came to earth He was flesh and blood, but had no sin nature as we do. Jesus as well as the angels are in Gods perfect will except those ones who rebelled against Him.

How do you understand or interpret Jude: 6, " But the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

I agree in the resurrection we will not be given in marriage ..

Scripture states in Genesis 4:1, " And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said I have gotten a man from the LORD." Seth was born after Cain killed Abel. It is my belief that verse 2 states that Abel was Cain's twin. We only find one conception, "Adam knew Eve.
Hi Bro, I don't have a problem per se with them being twins but it's possible .. Going back to post 186 for a minute about Abraham I'd like to add that Abraham was being deceptive imo and that I could say my wife and I have the same father as we are both Christians . God told Abemelech ''the woman is his wife''

Now , what was the angels first estate ? To serve and worship God .. The book of Enoch , the Talmud and other referenced writings are not inspired like the Bible imo . Satan and his followers fate was sealed at the instant they were cast down .. God will send a great delusion if possible even the very elect will be deceived . You've seen all the business about Antarctica and frozen civilizations, Aliens and what not . Beware, there will be a lot of lies come from and added to their finds and we have no friends to Christians in that mix ..We've had the evolution lie for a while now and like that there will probably be millions to drink in the delusion who don't believe the Word of God to keep them grounded in truth .. Demonic spirits will seduce and convince many who don't have the power and authority of Jesus name ..

I agree in the resurrection we will not be given in marriage ..

Hi Bro, I don't have a problem per se with them being twins but it's possible .. Going back to post 186 for a minute about Abraham I'd like to add that Abraham was being deceptive imo and that I could say my wife and I have the same father as we are both Christians . God told Abemelech ''the woman is his wife''

Now , what was the angels first estate ? To serve and worship God .. The book of Enoch , the Talmud and other referenced writings are not inspired like the Bible imo . Satan and his followers fate was sealed at the instant they were cast down .. God will send a great delusion if possible even the very elect will be deceived . You've seen all the business about Antarctica and frozen civilizations, Aliens and what not . Beware, there will be a lot of lies come from and added to their finds and we have no friends to Christians in that mix ..We've had the evolution lie for a while now and like that there will probably be millions to drink in the delusion who don't believe the Word of God to keep them grounded in truth .. Demonic spirits will seduce and convince many who don't have the power and authority of Jesus name ..
Just Curious as to how you think that men of that day, before the flood, came about to have the knowledge that enabled them to construct the megalithic structures that are all over this globe, that were built with technology that we don't even have today. Not to mention the undeniable facts of Giants before and after the flood and the obvious ability to Corrupt Flesh to the point that Noah and his family were the only ones that were of "perfect" generations.

People get hung up on the fact that angels actually mated with women... Why? nothing says that they cannot. Also, people get hung up on the fact that no angel in scripture is given as being female.

Genesis 6 is pretty clear. It is our own human short comings and ignorance of the details of the heavens and it's inhabitants, that we are given very little information... that make us go "WHAT, that cannot be".......when in all actuality anything is possible with God.

It's far more logical that "the sons of God" are angels, as opposed to some human line, based on the supernatural and phenomenally bizarre events that happened after that.

Job 1:6 Sons of God was clearly Jobs sons and their sisters, Genesis 4:26 Seth's first born was Enosh and men began to call on the name of the Lord again, they were the sons of God . I don't care if fallen angels could or could not mate with humans, I just don't believe the Bible says it .. I guess men before the flood was a lot smarter and inspired than we are today . If I was 200 yrs old and had 700 yrs to go I'd probably be a lot smarter than today . I saw just the other day I think it was ancient China where they had calculated how many men it would have taken to move one of those giant stones over 40 miles then they learned to read the language and it said the stone was moved by less than 50 men and slid on smooth wet ice .. The magnetic field was much stronger then and who knows what electro magnetic or other tech they had available then also precise rock cutting tech by the same means .. According to the book of Enoch . How tall were the giants recorded in Enoch ? Now the End of time creation will be destoyed again, demon spirits(devils) can oppress or possess but they can't produce offspring with human now or ever imo .. Genesis 6:4 if angels could mate with human then and also afterward don't you think we'd be over run again right now ? .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back