Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study FAITH, And the Knowledge of God's Righteousness

ummm excuse me but who put you in charge of the forum?

Well, just in case you haven't realized, I happen to be the author of this OP. Do you have a problem with me, or with me trying to direct my own thread?

not real sure what or who your addressing this to all the way if it be me.

Oh, I was clearly addressing you.

i am a big boy and can handle what ever grievance you have with me.

I have no grievance with you.

let me set you straight this has NOTHING TO DO with osas .

When the conversation starts to turn towards questioning the salvation of a believer, then the conversation has turned down the road of OSAS. As the author of this OP, I have every right to point out that this is NOT and OSAS thread, and to try and steer the conversation back to the topic of the OP.

if your implying that i dont know any thing about the spiritual nature and seeking God's Righteousness.

Never implied that you didn't know anything about the spiritual nature or seeking God's righteousness. I only stated that you showed no interest in discussing such things, as you made very clear by your very own comment when you said: "the rest of the op you all can hash out"

i also have no idea what hellary and the democrats has to do with this.

well I am sure you know what hellary and the demoncrats was referring too. Don't you? Maybe a little continued and purposeful disrespect for a certain presidential candidate. If you have no idea as to the relevance, perhaps you might consider the fruits of the flesh and the fruits of the spirit.

so POINT blank you have a problem with me address it.

Just Did!

lol trust me i have plenty to offer . just not casting my pearls before the swine .. sorry to offend you ..

Oh, so now you see me as a swine? Guess you are the one who has a problem with me then. But for all your bravado about being a big boy, your not man enough to address it, instead you hide behind the swine comment. With that said, I see no more reason that you should continue to participate in this thread. CE&P awaits you, so I bid you adieu.

:topic

Romans 10:1-3
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

This scripture from the book of Romans will set foundation for this study. It identifies two groups of people. Those who have a zeal for God according to their own knowledge of the law, and they go about to establish their own righteousness by submitting to the law of sin. But Paul goes on to say that their zeal is not according to knowledge of the truth, because they are ignorant of the Righteousness of God. The second group of people are those who have submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.

Under the New Covenant we are not "required" to follow the "Law". We have been made free from the law. If we try and follow the law we become servants to law. We are required to walk by Faith, not by knowledge of the law.
The hardest thing for man to understand is God's grace, man just can not accept it, he has to add his own efforts to it so he can take credit for the reason he is better than someone else and therefore is justified by his own efforts. Justification comes by faith in the work of God in Jesus Christ alone. Until a man can roll away the facade and look behind the mask, and see the wretched men we are, he can not know God's grace, Really! Animals are more humane and loyal then the majority of mankind. When a man sees his corrupted nature and hears the Gospel of God in Jesus Christ, he runs after grace. Until then, faith can find no place in him!

:topic

Romans 10:1-3
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

This scripture from the book of Romans will set foundation for this study. It identifies two groups of people. Those who have a zeal for God according to their own knowledge of the law, and they go about to establish their own righteousness by submitting to the law of sin. But Paul goes on to say that their zeal is not according to knowledge of the truth, because they are ignorant of the Righteousness of God. The second group of people are those who have submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.

you make sure you submit

you make sure you submit

Awe, and here it was I thought you weren't going to cast your pearls before the swine. But here you are, offering your advice where it was not asked. Doing nothing more than playing the roll of the TROLL. But do you know what Bilbo Baggins told me about Trolls? They turn to stone when the light shines upon them. So I am not surprised when I see the light harden someones heart of stone.

The hardest thing for man to understand is God's grace

No, the grace of God is not the hardest thing to understand. It really is quite simple when it comes down to it. The wisdom of man and our knowledge of evil tend to make it complicated and harder to understand. But when you stop hiding under under your covering, it really becomes quite simple.

You have not known the Grace of the Lord until you have the FAITH to know it WITHOUT the covering of blood for your sins.

I have emphasized your comment, and I must say that YOU have added this BUT condition to the scripture that the scripture itself has NOT declared.
This is a Bible study and I made a contribution from scripture to show that Paul said the law arouses sin in people "while they are still in the flesh" (Romans 7:5 NASB).

"5For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death." (Romans 7:5 NASB bold mine)

And Paul tells us what being "in the flesh" means in chapter 8...

"9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you." (Romans 8:9 NASB)

It means not being born again and still being enslaved to the flesh (This is one of those moments where you have to discard what the church commonly teaches what 'being in the flesh' means and go with what the Bible actually says). While we were in the flesh (that is before we were born again and were 'in the Spirit') is when the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us. But perhaps you know of a scripture you can share in this Bible study that says the law arouses sin in the believer.

While you may be "Born Again", you still remain in the flesh, with all the shortcomings the flesh has to offer
Even though believers still have the voice of the flesh to deal with, we are no longer bound in obedience to the flesh, like a wife has to be obedient to a husband who is still alive. To illustrate the point, Paul uses the natural law of marriage to show that because our old marital slave/master relationship with flesh ended when master 'flesh' died with Jesus on the cross we no longer have to obey that old dead husband anymore by force of law, as a wife would normally by law have to faithfully obey her husband when he is still alive.

Romans 7:1-7 NASB makes it clear that the believer who's flesh has died in Christ is no longer in bondage by force of the law to obey the dictates of that flesh who is now dead. IOW, the law no longer has the power and authority to enforce our obedient submission to deceased husband 'flesh' because 'flesh' is dead. And because that's true, we are now free to be in marital obedient submission to new husband Jesus, to whom we bear the fruit of righteousness, not the fruit of death as we did when we were in lawful marital bondage to the flesh.

Last edited:
This is a Bible study and I made a contribution from scripture
and thus it was with my comment on your part never being able to return . i disagreed with it commented and moved on. for some reason we are being told we have to stick to guidelines set forth. what ever they may be... i certainly do not agree with your not being able to return back.. that is me it has no bearing on my or your life as posters. the law as we know it can be a fine line as it does point toward sin. i dont see how the the law arouses sin in the believer.

Awe, and here it was I thought you weren't going to cast your pearls before the swine. But here you are, offering your advice where it was not asked. Doing nothing more than playing the roll of the TROLL. But do you know what Bilbo Baggins told me about Trolls? They turn to stone when the light shines upon them. So I am not surprised when I see the light harden someones heart of stone.
lol i have no idea who Bilbo Baggins is nor do i care never the less i will try to refrain from a exchange of words and phrases . i should have just ignored your remark/ command on how to post . i didn't my bad
So I am not surprised when I see the light harden someones heart of stone
psssttt i am sitting behind a computer so unless you have some way to spy on me in my home and you have the ability Like God to judge my heart .you have no idea who or what i am.. so lets just agree to disagree and ignore each other .

Accuser of the brethren! :lol

Whenever I see topics about faith or various matters of scripture such as the knowledge of Gods Righteousness I can't help but observe that none of that applies to indwelling sin/evil present. It's kind of the catch 22 for all blowhard one sided positions, effectively cancelling out such claims when they either ignore those facts or fail to account for the opposite side of the ledgers.

Then, when someone, anyone comes along and says they are legally obedient, the same observations have to be made, you know, if we are interested in accuracy and speaking truthfully. Granted that's not on everyone's radar, but nevertheless, an easy target for truth to strike.

And the real topper is when someone claims to love their neighbors as themselves but the blatant reality shows the exact opposite, well, what can a person do but point out the obvious contradiction for what it is?

fwiw I DO NOT exempt my own sorry hide from the examples either.

i also have no idea what hellary and the democrats has to do with this.

I'm at a loss about that, too.

Since he can't seem to remember, or else he is in denial, here is just an example of some of his comment. If you were to do a search, you would find this poster has used the term hellary in a derogatory manner up to 60 times in the CE&P forum. I asked you the simple question Jethro: Does this behavior demonstrate the fruits of the spirit of a born again believer? What does the scriptures have to say about those who speak evil of dignitaries?

they dont call him slick willie for nothing actually hellary record is very marred . but i forgot she is innocent talk about a wolf in sheep clothing

i said all along nothing would come of those email HELLARY is real good at covering her trail

slick willy aka Ahab and hellary aka Jezebel will see their daughter come into politics . i wouldn't count hellary completely out yet.

i am sure i never heard of any evidence of the Republicans hacked . your obvious problem is hellary lost the democrats lost bad..

Nothing personal ezra, you just stepped in as the example. sorry if it offends you..

The danger in the law is NOT that one might try and make themselves righteous in God's sight. But there is a danger when we look to the law for righteousness.
'Looking to the law for righteousness' does not mean looking to the law to see what is righteous, as opposed to looking to the Spirit to see what is righteous. 'Looking to the law' means looking to the law in the hope that keeping it will merit a declaration of justification in God's sight. James speaks of how we are indeed to 'look' at the law:

"23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; 24for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. 25But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does." (James 2:23-25 NASB)

He then goes on to teach the church how we are to 'keep' various moral laws in the law of Moses. The person who looks at the perfect law and does it, he is the man who will be blessed. But we have a whole church telling us the law is evil and 'looking to it' is the opposite of walking by the Spirit. How absolutely ridiculous. If that's true, then James is a false teacher.

You see, faith does not represent a new and different set of righteous moral workings, while the law is an old (and inferior) standard of righteous moral workings.

"7Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning" (1 John 2:7 NASB)

Faith is a new WAY to gain the righteousness of God, as opposed to the law which is the old WAY to gain the righteousness of God (Romans 7:6 NASB). At least that's what the Israelites mistakenly made the law out to be--a way to be made righteous in God's sight (Romans 9:32 NASB). This single thing is perhaps the most misunderstood thing in all of the Protestant understanding of the law in this New Covenant. When this is understood the rest falls into place. Faith is a new WAY to get a declaration of righteousness.

Since he can't seem to remember, or else he is in denial, here is just an example of some of his comment. If you were to do a search, you would find this poster has used the term hellary in a derogatory manner up to 60 times in the CE&P forum.
Who are you talking about???????

Oh, I see now. You're judging a certain someone :lol (I mean, that's what it's called when us regular believers call hyper-grace people out concerning their sin).

I asked you the simple question Jethro: Does this behavior demonstrate the fruits of the spirit of a born again believer?
Good grief, e, I answered you.
Pay attention, lol! :lol

Last edited:
can you explain in your own words how YOUR FLESH as died with Christ?
Yeah, the Holy Spirit who is inside of me is greater than the power of my fleshly desires. It's like he makes them powerless as if he slew them.

Can you explain in your own words how the Law of Moses can no longer enforce the old relationship of condemnation in the flesh?
Yeah.
Because the Holy Spirit has put the flesh to death (see above), I no longer have to obey the flesh by force of law (you know, that 'law making me sin' thing).

Last edited:
Since he can't seem to remember, or else he is in denial, here is just an example of some of his comment. If you were to do a search, you would find this poster has used the term hellary in a derogatory manner up to 60 times in the CE&P forum. I asked you the simple question Jethro: Does this behavior demonstrate the fruits of the spirit of a born again believer? What does the scriptures have to say about those who speak evil of dignitaries?

Nothing personal ezra, you just stepped in as the example. sorry if it offends you..
i dont do abbreviations very well when it comes to this forum.. as per me calling Hillary (hellary ) yes i did and i will continue to do so. her and Bill are nothing more than modern day Ahab and Jezebel. she is a very powerful and manipulating and Bill is a coward who wears the skirt in the family. when he is not out slinking around with other woman. no i do not consider them dignitaries . i speak the truth i really dont care how you view it. pssstt can i give a you quick Bible lesson we are called to bear fruit not be fruit inspectors . i hope this clears the matter up. sure makes me proud how many time you counted me using hellary . might i also say on my alleged behavior it is ah rd to remove the splinter from my eye when you have a stick in yours . i hope this does not offend you :mouthdrop:sorry

Back