Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study FAITH, And the Knowledge of God's Righteousness

You're equating the sacrifice of the blood of Christ with the law.

The sacrifice of Blood was a requirement under the Law for Sin.

If you leave faith in the blood behind, you will cease to have the benefit of the blood, and you will be lost.

So now the knowledge of good and evil is not enough for you to judge. Now you would suppose to be the judge of Faith before God?
You do realize the Word of the Lord and His Promise was sufficient for Abraham don't you?

Hebrews 6:1-2
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Paul makes it pretty clear. We are to leave behind the first principles of the doctrine of Christ, including the repentance from dead works, of faith towards God, Of the doctrine of baptisms. We are to leave these thing behind that we may move on unto perfection.

Oh, we are to leave behind the foundations of faith toward God, so that we might grow into the FAITH of Christ.

Jesus blood on the altar in heaven, and faith in that blood, are not works of the law. But if I'm mistaken, surely you can post where faith in Jesus' blood is in the law.

Hebrews 9:16-22
For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Hebrews 9:23
It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

By the law, there was no remission of sin without the shedding of Blood. The Shedding of Blood was a requirement under the law.

But the Heavenly things are purified with better sacrifices than these. SAY WHAT. The heavenly thing are purified with BETTER SACRIFICES than these (come on, say it: better than the blood). Do you know what these better sacrifices are?

Better sacrifices than blood.

Psalms 40:5-8
Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done,
and thy thoughts which are to us-ward:
they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee:
if I would declare and speak of them,
they are more than can be numbered.
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire;
mine ears hast thou opened:
burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
Then said I, Lo, I come:
in the volume of the book it is written of me,
I delight to do thy will, O my God:
yea, thy law is within my heart.

Micah 6:6-8
Wherewith shall I come before the Lord,
and bow myself before the high God?
shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves of a year old?
Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
or with ten thousands of rivers of oil?
shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good;
and what doth the Lord require of thee,
but to do justly, and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with thy God?

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

For Love shall cover the multitude of sins. It is a better sacrifice than blood. And has a better covering too!

In the story of the garden from the book of Genesis, we find Adam and a commandment: To not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for in the day you eat thereof, you shall surely die. We have the commandment, and then we see the serpent being lifted up, tempting that commandment. When Adam fell to that temptation and ate of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, he took to himself a covering to hide his shame. And with this covering, he tried to hide from the voice of the Lord. But the Lord Called out to Adam, and when Adam finally answered the Lord's call, He is called out for eating of the tree of knowledge. It was from the fruit of the tree of knowledge that Adam became aware of his nakedness and shame. It was by the fruit of the tree of knowledge that Adam also took unto himself a covering to hide from the Lord, to hide from his death. We also find that when Adam was sent forth from the garden, that the Lord did cloth him with a new covering.

In the Law of Moses, we find the ten commandments, and all the rest to follow. We find the law and commandments contained in a Covenant made with Moses. It is regarded by the prophets as a Covenant with Death, for in it contained the power of death in the strength of sin. And we find within the books of the law, that Moses held up the serpent in the wilderness. From the knowledge of the law, we look to a covering of Blood. But as Moses lifted up the serpent, we now look to Christ who was likewise lifted up.

John 3:14-15
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

And like Adam, who took to himself a covering by the knowledge of good and evil until until he heard the call of the Lord and answered, and was then given a new covering; So to is the work of sin under the law. We look to blood to cover our sins and our death while we wait for the Lord to come that we might answer his call. But the Spirit of the Lord has come, calling for His lost sheep. And when they have heard his voice and have answered the call, then they too are given a new covering.

Here is the exchange:

I said:
"We don't graduate from the blood to another covering."

To which you said (bold mine):
"I am no way denying the work of the Blood of Christ. Just moving on from it. By FAITH, I have found I now longer need to lean upon His Blood for my salvation. Through His blood I came to my salvation. But now that I have found my salvation, I have found His Word and His Promise sufficient for me."

For me, it is a matter of FAITH. By Faith I have moved on from the the sacrifice of blood. By Faith, His WORD is sufficient enough for me. By His WORD, He created the heavens and the earth. By His WORD, He created the new heavens and and new earth. By His WORD He created the heavens and the earth an all things therein. But to forgive Sin, the WORD needs Blood? Oh that's right, by the WORD: YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN YOU.

By the law, there was no remission of sin without the shedding of Blood. The Shedding of Blood was a requirement under the law.
A requirement for blood which the law itself could not fully satisfy. Thus the need for a blood outside of the law.
Faith in Jesus' blood is not from the law that it should be the school master that we put behind us. It is the very thing we leave the school master of the law behind to secure!

"23But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor." (Galatians 3:23-25 NASB)

Last edited:
But the Heavenly things are purified with better sacrifices than these. SAY WHAT. The heavenly thing are purified with BETTER SACRIFICES than these (come on, say it: better than the blood). Do you know what these better sacrifices are?
The better sacrifice is the body and blood of Christ. That is the Sacrifice that is better than the blood of animals:

11But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" (Hebrews 9:11-14 NASB)

The blood of Christ is the 'much more' sacrifice than the sacrifice of the blood of animals.

What a great plan. Before the Law, man had no consequence for sin. So the Law was given, that man might know that sin does have a consequence. Sacrifice was implemented that man may know that there is a debt due for sin. Blood payment. Blood for blood. Type and shadow of the Lord Jesus who was to come. There's no further sacrifice to be made now, Jesus changed all that.

Trust in that promise, and walk in the Lord.

The blood of Christ is the 'much more' sacrifice than the sacrifice of the blood of animals.

But the Blood of Christ is a service to the FLESH.
WATER and BLOOD, these are things that pertain to the FLESH.
You were baptized in WATER.
You were washed in BLOOD.

Do you need to go and be baptized again and again?
When do you LET GO of the elements that pertain to the FLESH, the WATER and the BLOOD, and move on to that which pertains to the SPIRIT OF CHRIST??????

1 Corinthians 15:53-58
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

When this corruptible (THE FLESH) shall have PUT ON incorruption (THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST), and this mortal (FLESH) shall have put on immortality (SPIRIT OF CHRIST), then shall be brought to pass the saying.......

Isaiah 25:6-9
And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people
a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees,
of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
And he will destroy in this mountain
the face of the covering cast over all people,
and the vail that is spread over all nations.

He will swallow up death in victory;
and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces;
and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth:
for the Lord hath spoken it.
And it shall be said in that day,
Lo, this is our God;
we have waited for him, and he will save us:
this is the Lord; we have waited for him,
we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

2 Corinthians 314:16
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Hebrews 10:19-20
Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Isaiah 30:1-3
Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord,
that take counsel, but not of me;
and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit,
that they may add sin to sin:
That walk to go down into Egypt,
and have not asked at my mouth;
to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh,
and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!
Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame,
and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.

They take counsel, but not from the Lord. They have covered themselves with a covering (blood), but NOT of HIS SPIRIT. They take counsel with the law, and the knowledge of good and evil, but they DO NOT take counsel with the Spirit of the Lord. They walk to go down into Egypt, to return unto their bondage. They trust in the shadow of Egypt, they trust in the law of Moses. They take counsel with the law that they might add sin unto sin, but they have not given their heart to know the Lord. They have covered with a covering, a covering by the law, a covering of blood; But they have not covered themselves with the SPIRIT of the LORD.

But the Blood of Christ is a service to the FLESH.
WATER and BLOOD, these are things that pertain to the FLESH.
You were baptized in WATER.
You were washed in BLOOD.

Do you need to go and be baptized again and again?
When do you LET GO of the elements that pertain to the FLESH, the WATER and the BLOOD, and move on to that which pertains to the SPIRIT OF CHRIST??????
We were washed in the blood of Christ after we were cleansed with the word (Truth) Eph. 5:25-27, John 15:2-4. Water baptism represents (Burial with Christ) and resurrection with Christ or dead to sin and alive to Christ and has a Spiritual edification to the born again believer. (Rom. 6:3-5) (Col. 2:11-14) Please study the Scriptures.

Last edited:
We were washed in the blood of Christ after we were cleansed with the word (Truth) Eph. 5:25-27, John 15:2-4. Water baptism represents (Burial with Christ) and resurrection with Christ or dead to sin and alive to Christ and has a Spiritual edification to the born again believer. (Rom. 6:3-5) (Col. 2:11-14) Please study the Scriptures.

Please study the scriptures? What is it I am supposed to be studying for you? What, do you think I am trying to teach on the doctrines of baptism? Well, I hate to inform you, but it is far from that. But if that is all got out of it, then so be it.

The believer never doesn't need, or have the blood of Christ:

"if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin." (1 John 1:9 NASB)

The blood never gets set aside. We always have it on the altar in heaven cleansing us from all sin. (That is, as long as we continue to believe and walk in the light). We are continually being washed and covered by the blood of Christ.

What got set aside as unneeded now was the blood of animals. There's no need for that blood, now that we have the one-time for all-time 'much more' efficacy of the blood of Christ.

Last edited:
Please study the scriptures? What is it I am supposed to be studying for you? What, do you think I am trying to teach on the doctrines of baptism? Well, I hate to inform you, but it is far from that. But if that is all got out of it, then so be it.
There is an absence of peace and grace in your post to me? Why? I usually ask in my post for believers to study the Scriptures I post so they understand what I was conveying. I was not trying to argue.

There is an absence of peace and grace in your post to me? Why?

I meant no hostility. I asked you if you thought I was somehow teaching on the doctrine of baptisms? Because your response to me indicated that was the topic you were addressing. I informed you that the doctrines of baptism was not the topic I was addressing. And I said that if that was all you got out of it, then so be it. In other words, I just wasn't going to address it or argue about it, since it really had no bearing on the topic I was discussing.

As to why? Perhaps you might consider that the way you worded you post, as in informing me to please read the scriptures, might be taken as an offense? Can you understand why I might see your comment as offensive? I was talking about things that pertained to the flesh, as opposed to the things that pertain to the Spirit. You responded with the doctrines of baptism, and then informed me to please read the scriptures, as if I didn't know what I was speaking about?

Perhaps had you been more engaging in commenting on the subject matter that I have been discussing, and the scriptures that I have provided as part of that discussion, then I would not have taken it a such an affront.

I usually ask in my post for believers to study the Scriptures I post so they understand what I was conveying. I was not trying to argue.

I am not familiar with you using this phrase in your posts. Perhaps if your comment of "Please read the scriptures" was somehow rephrase so as to infer that you have only posted the scripture tags, and for a fuller context of what was written, then please refer to the scriptures. Had you said it that way, I would have understood what you are now telling me you meant. But that is not how you comment came across. Your comment came across as I don't know what I'm talking about, and that I should go read the scriptures. Can you understand that?

We are continually being washed and covered by the blood of Christ.

It was a one time blood sacrifice with eternal working. But once it's work is done, it gives way to the Spirit.

The Blood of Christ was for the covering of sin. But once you are dead to sin, what more can that covering provide for you? Does a dead body once it has entered the grave require washing? Does a dead body once it has entered the grave require blood? In the law it is written that you shall not eat the blood, but you shall pour it upon the ground, for life is in the blood. For a man who walks under the sun in the flesh, the life was in the blood. But if you are crucified with Christ, so that you are dead to flesh? Do you look to the Blood to quicken your mortal body? Or is your mortal body quickened by the Spirit????

The believer never doesn't need, or have the blood of Christ:

"if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin." (1 John 1:9 NASB)

If you walk in the light, then you would have removed the covering and circumcised the foreskin of your heart. You wouldn't need a covering to hide from your sins if you were walking in the LIGHT. But for some their light is darkness, and if their light be darkness, then how great is that darkness indeed!

You have made the claim in this thread that you keep the law love your neighbor. Are you a hypocrite? Do you commit murder? If you say No, then are you a Liar?

Back