Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fixing sin

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

WarZero

As Christians how do you tackle this sin nature you have. Also how do you deal with other people when they reveal their sin nature to you?

As Christians how do you tackle this sin nature you have. Also how do you deal with other people when they reveal their sin nature to you?
I have a HUMAN Nature, just like you, and everybody else including Adam (before and after the fall), and Jesus (since HE was tempted in every respect AS WE ARE.

The Mechanism of Temptation is given in James 1. It STARTS with OUR LUST, and satan's folks apply the "enticement". Jesus, simply didn't allow HIS LUST to "Conceive" - and become sinful action. It's our responsibility to (With the Holy SPirit's assistance) to get OUR LUST under control before it "Conceives" and brings forth SIN.

My "sin nature" was killed with the old me, at my water baptism into Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (Rom 6:3-6)
When I was raised with Christ to walk in newness of life, I was a new creature. (Rom 6:4)
One born of God's seed, and without a "sin nature". (1 John 3:9)
It is written in 2 Cor 5:17..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
The "sin nature" was one of those old things.
SO why do you STILL fall into sin?

I have a HUMAN Nature, just like you, and everybody else including Adam (before and after the fall), and Jesus (since HE was tempted in every respect AS WE ARE.

The Mechanism of Temptation is given in James 1. It STARTS with OUR LUST, and satan's folks apply the "enticement". Jesus, simply didn't allow HIS LUST to "Conceive" - and become sinful action. It's our responsibility to (With the Holy SPirit's assistance) to get OUR LUST under control before it "Conceives" and brings forth SIN.
Are you not grateful for Gen 5:24?
"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
No lusts to serve...no sin.
Thanks be to God !

Matthew 5:48 King James Version

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

True Discipleship destroys Sin and the inclination to Sin!!!
Care to elaborate?
I agree, to a point, but it is the teachings of our Lord, and of His apostles, show us how to "cease from sin" and "crucify the lusts".
If adherence to what is taught equates to discipleship, I do agree.

Care to elaborate?
I agree, to a point, but it is the teachings of our Lord, and of His apostles, show us how to "cease from sin" and "crucify the lusts".
If adherence to what is taught equates to discipleship, I do agree.

Isaiah 8:16 King James Version

16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

There are Yeshua's/Jesus's and John's Disciples.

[ACMP=reminder]
This forum is reserved for nonbelievers to ask questions and for CFnet Christians to answer. Please address your replies to the original poster and avoid addressing differences of opinion in this discussion. Start a new discussion thread in an appropriate forum if you wish to discuss your different viewpoints in more detail.
[/ACMP]

Greetings! I have an easy and single answer to your questions.
We don't have to deal with them. Jesus has already dealt with it, and so that we would be sett free from it.
If you believe it. Then act like it.
Bless!
L

The new creation - Christ in us. New in that it changes our being.

Jesus=>"I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

A believer will commit carnal deeds because they have "sin consciousness".'

Now, this is interesting because that phrase isn't what you think, it means.

A person reads that, and they think, "thoughts about sinning"., and that is not what that phrase means, at all.

What does it mean? It means to not understand that you are "made righteous", and in most cases its to refuse to accept that you are "made righteous".
So, you believe that you are a saved sinner, instead of understanding that you are a Son of God, "made righteous".

When a believer's mind sees themselves not as a "new creation" "in Christ", then this is "sin consciousness", and that mind produces carnal behavior.

Cure ?? = Learn to only see yourself as God sees you, which is always this....> "made righteous", as "The righteousness of God, in Christ". And this.....>"As JESUS IS.....so are the born again IN THIS WORLD"..

And a person says..... "i dont see how that can be true".
And when you see it that way, then you will continue to have sin consciousness that causes the flesh to produces carnal deeds.

Jesus said...>"apart from me you can do nothing".......and that means that when your faith is wrong, you are apart from this....>"Christ always gives me the Victory".
To be there, is a broken faith situation, which is why a believer remains in sin consciousness that is not resolved by : "Christ always gives me the Victory".

Yep... it is what I thought.... I have never had a difficult time understanding GRACE... It's pure.. it's simple... it's beautiful... and it should not be difficult to explain.

Good question.

First let us look at what "sin" in the bible really means. The OT comes to us in ancient Hebrew (from 1500 to 500 bc) and the NT comes to us in first century ad Greek. In both testaments, the primary words used to translate into english as "sin" are chata (hebrew) and hamartia (greek). These are both archery terms meaning to aim at a target but miss the mark or bulls eye.

As to the "nature," it is something that as we continue to walk and grow in the Lord; we grow past most of it, but we never completely get past it in this life. It will always have a draw on us, which we can give in to at any time.

The bible says 3 things about salvation: we have been saved, we are being saved, and we will (in the future) be saved.

My pastor says it like this in reference to sin: We have been saved from the penalty of our sin, we are being saved from the power of sin, and we will (in the future) be saved from the very existence of sin.

Are you a sinner? Ungodly? You're in luck. God can and has dealt with that. Jesus Christ.

Are you not a sinner? Are you a 'good person'? Sorry, there is no help for you from Christ.

Christ can and has dealt with your sins. He has no provision for 'your' righteousness. If you want to stand in your righteousness, fine. You will be judged by it.

Quantrill

Are you a sinner? Ungodly? You're in luck. God can and has dealt with that. Jesus Christ.

Are you not a sinner? Are you a 'good person'? Sorry, there is no help for you from Christ.

Christ can and has dealt with your sins. He has no provision for 'your' righteousness. If you want to stand in your righteousness, fine. You will be judged by it.
This made my day.... THANK you.

Quantrill
Thanks be to God for making a way to go from "one" to the "other", in Jesus' name.

How do you define “sin nature”? How does a person reveal their “sin nature”?

Concupiscence is the effect of Original Sin on human nature, meaning we’re drawn to sin. We have a free-will and can say ‘no’ (God’s grace assisting us) to sin.

Back