Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Forever Secure

I'm of the opinion that, in the end, most people believe OSAS because that's what they want to believe, not because they've checked it out for themselves.
...they want to believe it for at least two reasons:

1) They are sure that if OSAS is not true it means salvation HAS to be by works, then. That's not even remotely true.

2) They don't have a new life to validate them as being truly born again. And so OSAS is the rationalization that their sinful, unchanged, purposeful life of sin can't separate them from their salvation (a salvation they don't actually possess). I'm not talking about the believer's struggle with sin. I'm talking about the unsaved person who boasts of being a Christian but still purposely seeks out and lives in and loves the sin he has supposedly been delivered from.

I believe revelation leads to salvation.

John 10:27-28 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life and no one can snatch them out of my hand.
If you believe what has been revealed to you, yes, revelation will lead to salvation.

"...the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony that God has given about His Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God has this testimony within him; whoever does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given about His Son." - 1 John 5:9-10

The testimony of the Spirit is the revelation.
Some people believe in it. Some don't.
But both received the revelation about the Son given by God through the Holy Spirit.

Just hearing the revelation of God about Jesus is not enough by itself to be saved.
You must believe it, and retain it inside yourself to be saved.

I'm trying to be polite and giving you people the benefit of the doubt that you simply can't understand what the Bible says because OSAS teaching steers you in the wrong direction.
But the truth is I think most of you are purposely ignoring the truth. You are choosing to be deceived and blinded by OSAS doctrine.

I'm of the opinion that, in the end, most people believe OSAS because that's what they want to believe, not because they've checked it out for themselves.
You people?
Now you have divided up Christianity, those who agree with you, and "you people".

That's like Southern Baptists, they believe that they will be the only ones in heaven.

Forever secure, the name of this thread.
The prodigal son is a good example, of someone who left the faith and came back.
Only the Holy Spirit has the power to bring us back.
Thus, OSAS.
The first son who never left also lied to his father.
He was not accepted.
Why?
His good works couldn't save him.

Here;s a good example;

You people?
Now you have divided up Christianity, those who agree with you, and "you people".

That's like Southern Baptists, they believe that they will be the only ones in heaven.
You're overreacting.
There are OSASer's and there are Non-OSASer's.
You people who believe in OSAS are not we who don't.

Look!
Up in the sky!
It's a bird!
It's a plane!
It's SUPER JETHRO!!

Faster than a speedy response.
More powerful than an OSAS'er
Able to leap tough responses in a single bound.

And all for truth and justice and the non-OSAS'er way.

And though he wants to act as a mild mannered reporter of God's word, just remember, he's SUPER JETHRO!!!!!

I'm pulling this out for you to look at because you stated it and hopefully you can see this is what I was speaking about the entire time with the parable of the sower.

"depth of understanding" Exactly, it was some understanding but not total revelation. - They believed something true about Jesus but not the part that saves someone.

Did you know all there was to know about the Lord when you were first saved?

JLB

I believe revelation leads to salvation.

John 10:27-28 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life and no one can snatch them out of my hand.

Jesus said believing is how a person is saved.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

• lest they should believe and be saved.

John 10:27-28 refers to those who are already His sheep.

My sheep listen to my voice...

JLB

Did you know all there was to know about the Lord when you were first saved?

JLB
I knew the important part the moment I got saved. Romans 10:9
That is the moment he gave me the Holy Spirit.

Ever since then it is getting used to walking in his Spirit. Like I had said previously, he has been patient with me to get the walk right.

Other people on this website have stated (I think even you), that our walk with the Spirit is done in love. So that is what is expressed if you are walking in the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hope, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Looks like the fruit of the Spirit and the definition of Love per God are entwined.

Only the Holy Spirit has the power to bring us back.

Of course the Holy Spirit has the power to bring us back.

That’s not even what the discussion is about.

It’s always the same with “you people”, you try to derail the discussion and make it about what God can and can not do, as if we are promoting the idea that God is somehow not powerful enough to save us.

The discussion is about the born again, “saved” Christian, continuing to believe or not.

So let’s test you to see if you understand what the discussion is about.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

• lest they should believe and be saved

Do you believe a person must believe the Gospel to be saved?

JLB

Back