Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Forever Secure

Inappropriate behavior.
I'm trying to be polite and giving you people the benefit of the doubt that you simply can't understand what the Bible says because OSAS teaching steers you in the wrong direction.
But the truth is I think most of you are purposely ignoring the truth. You are choosing to be deceived and blinded by OSAS doctrine.

I'm of the opinion that, in the end, most people believe OSAS because that's what they want to believe, not because they've checked it out for themselves.

Your opinion is wrong..I believe in OSAS because Jesus does...
“ Anybody that Believes In me already HAS Eternal Life and shall NEVER come into Condemnation”
The Stiffest Necks around can’t get around “ that” Verse......
You can“ Hang me from the Highest Tree”.....But I just happen to Believe the Bible when it says that “ It is impossible fo God to lie”
Your “politeness” is duly noted and appreciated......It must be very “ taxing” to have to endure those you Patronize, Oh Omniscient One!

Last edited:
by the wayside
they got this information by accident, very carelessly, and then without full understanding
they don't continue because their worldly desires have a hold of them
I question the salvation here as I see no reference to the Holy Spirit

"Us people" don't derail threads, we set them straight

“ Anybody that Believes In me already HAS Eternal Life and shall NEVER come into Condemnation”
(Emphasis in your quote is by me)
Yes, a BELIEVER will never come into condemnation.
The BELIEVER is the one who has eternal life.
That's what the verse says.
That's what all the verses you use to prove OSAS say.
The promises are for those who BELIEVE and continue to BELIEVE.
They are not for unbelievers and ex-believers.
If a believer stops believing the promises no longer apply to him.
He is no longer a BELIEVER that the promises should somehow still apply to him.

...But I just happen to Believe the Bible when it says that “ It is impossible fo God to lie”
Yes, it is impossible for God to lie.
You're just not hearing everything he said.
The promises of God are conditional on believing.
As long as you believe, right now this moment, the promises apply to you, and nobody can take them away from you.
So don't live in willful sin in unbelief.
You'll lose the promises if you do that.
Your struggle with sin is covered by your faith in the blood.
Your willful sin in unbelief is not.

You can“ Hang me from the Highest Tree”.....But I just happen to Believe the Bible when it says that “ It is impossible fo God to lie”
Your “politeness” is duly noted and appreciated......It must be very “ taxing” to have to endure those you Patronize, Oh Omniscient One!
Yup, eternal life means just that...eternal life.

You make it sound like..if you sin, walking according to the flesh...you lose your salvation.

If that's not what you're saying then you should explain.

I don’t use the phrase “lose your salvation”.

I use the word “lost”.

His sheep can indeed become “lost”.

If born again Christians practice the works of the flesh, they will if they don’t repent, not inherit the kingdom of God.

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

• that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Do you understand what inherit the kingdom of God means?

JLB

Yes it does.

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. John 17:3

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

He who claims to have eternal life yet does not obey Him, does not keep His commandments, does not abide in love, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Please explain to us how a Christian can hate his brother, and still have eternal life remaining in him.

JLB

I don’t use the phrase “lose your salvation”.

I use the word “lost”.

His sheep can indeed become “lost”.

If born again Christians practice the works of the flesh, they will if they don’t repent, not inherit the kingdom of God.

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

JLB
There are several fruits that a christian will show...repentance is just one of them. It makes sense, if you don't produce any fruit then you might not be saved. Producing fruit doesn't save you as you seem to indicate but rather is a by-product of ones salvation.

Please explain to us how a Christian can hate his brother, and still have eternal life remaining in him.

JLB
When I read the surrounding text...something you ought to do...it sounds like the one that hates his brother isn't saved...was never saved.

There are several fruits that a christian will show...repentance is just one of them. It makes sense, if you don't produce any fruit then you might not be saved. Producing fruit doesn't save you as you seem to indicate but rather is a by-product of ones salvation.

Again this scripture is written to Christians, who Paul is exhorting to walk in the Spirit, so that they don’t fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Paul goes on to list what the works of he flesh are, as well as the consequences for practicing them.

JLB

When I read the surrounding text...something you ought to do...it sounds like the one that hates his brother isn't saved...was never saved.

LOL...

Whoever hates his brother, plainly refers to two brothers in Christ.

How can you possibly think otherwise?

”his” brother refers to two brothers In Christ.

Then when you read the words “remaining in him” ...

For eternal life to remain in a person it first must be in the person.

JLB

Last edited:
Who ever convinced him to stop believing...was the snatcher...which the bible says can't happen.
The believer who does not want to be deceived can not be deceived.
The believer who turns his back on the blood by which he was sanctified is doing so willingly.

Yep, sure does.
Eternal life means just that...eternal life.
Only a fool would stop believing and forfeit the life that is eternal.

Your problem is you can only understand 'eternal' one way.
To you 'eternal' means you can never lose salvation, no matter what.
The Bible, on the other hand, explains that 'eternal' means that Christ's ministry never comes to an end (like the Levites ministry did), and so the life and salvation that ministry gives to the believer (not the ex-believer) never ends and never has to be renewed (Hebrews 7:23,24,25 Hebrews 10:1,11,12,14). This being true, the author exhorts us to hold fast onto so great a ministry and sacrifice.

"...since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess." - Hebrews 4:14

Don't fall back into unbelief and lose the everlasting benefit of Christ's ministry!

"we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory." - Hebrews 3:6

"12See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. " - Hebrews 3:12

Last edited:
Again this scripture is written to Christians, who Paul is exhorting to walk in the Spirit, so that they don’t fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Paul goes on to list what the works of he flesh are, as well as the consequences for practicing them.

JLB

What Paul has presented was lifestyles....those who practice such lifestyles are not christians.

JLB
Nice post!
Now I ask you, who is it that doesn't heed his warning and actually loses his salvation?

In my opinion, the Bible does not say that anyone loses their salvation.
Paul only lists those that would lose their salvation.
But no one actually does because they are sealed with the Holy Spirit
And as John says," if they leave us, then they never really belonged to us".
That's clear enough.

Last edited:
LOL...

Whoever hates his brother, plainly refers to two brothers in Christ.

How can you possibly think otherwise?

”his” brother refers to two brothers In Christ.

Then when you read the words “remaining in him” ...

For eternal life to remain in a person it first must be in the person.

JLB
Brother has several nuances. The verse does not plainly refer to two brothers in Christ. The brothers in Christ would be included under the term brother but not limited to it as there are other forms of brothers. One being born of the same womb or father. The other in a neighborly way. There is also belonging to the same national ancestor or people.

Back