Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin

I have not read all 700+ posts in this thread. How do you define "freewill religion?" I believe Christians understand they are not free to sin but even in that we have freewill.

Randy

Who calls upon the Name of the Lord to be saved ? 3

In Identifying exactly who it is that calls upon the name of the Lord, from comparing Rom 10:13 with the prophet Joel 2:32, We identified that the Prophecy is fulfilled in the Church age, when God is calling out a remnant from amongst the jews and from amongst the gentiles Joel 2:32

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever Jew or Gentileshall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Now to further confirm that the gentile remnant and jewish remnant are all the same, we need but compare what Peter wrote to a predominately jewish remnant of Elect believers, for He wrote of a spiritual house being built 1 Pet 2:5

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Again, Peter wrote to mostly jewish converts here, Now read what Paul wrote to a church or group that were predominantly gentile, He writes Eph 2:20-22

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Folks the Spiritual house of 1 Pet 2:5 and the Habitation of God through the Spirit in Eph 2:22 are the same

Also compare again 1 Pet 2:5 with Rev 5:9-10 where the spiritual kingdom of priest are definitely stated to be people of all nations Rev 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

This exposes dispensationalism and the like to be satanic false teaching !

randy

How do you define "freewill religion?"

You are kidding me right ? Why not try reading the thread ! I have already defined that.

If you are going to join in, then join in by meeting one of my many posts that give my evidence of why freewill religion is the man of sin, and explain what I am saying in defense of my position, then if you are able, give your scriptural rebuttal. But do not come to me first thing asking me to define freewill religion when that has been done already, thanks !

randy
You are kidding me right ? Why not try reading the thread ! I have already defined that.

If you are going to join in, then join in by meeting one of my many posts that give my evidence of why freewill religion is the man of sin, and explain what I am saying in defense of my position, then if you are able, give your scriptural rebuttal. But do not come to me first thing asking me to define freewill religion when that has been done already, thanks !

If you have sin what makes you think your doctrinal positions eliminate your condition as being a man of sin?

Correct doctrinal understandings does not eliminate the fact of 'having sin' does it?

It is one thing to see gaps or flaws in understandings or positions, especially in light of the fact that exactly ZERO of us as believers see Perfectly.

But to say that your format of understandings has somehow eliminated such holders from having sin while the freewiller not is more than disingenuous.

On the grounds of sin both holders of determinism and freewillism are equally carrying sin in 'our' bodies of death.

s

once again free will is not picking the time/ place of salvation/ nor does it teach we are at liberty to sin. free will is accepting the invitation to salvation when the spirit is drawing . have i seen people respond on their own merit. probably all though i can not judge them. most of them did not last much longer than the next sunday* like the pig cleaned up soon returned back the mud hole .

Eph 2:8,9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The False teachers of the Antichrist have hijacked this precious truth to teach man glorifying condionalism, they say that faith here is the condition that man must meet or perform to get himself saved by Grace; but such wresting of scripture makes Salvation out to be by works, or the doings of men, the very thing that the verse is teaching against vs 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The fact of the matter is nether Grace by which one is Saved, or the Faith through which one is Saved of themselves, but the Gift of God !

Now in what sense is Salvation through Faith ? Faith here means Gospel, as in we Preach the Gospel, We preach the Faith Rom 10:8

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its by believing the Gospel of our Salvation [Eph 1:13] revealed to Faith: The Knowledge of ones Salvation is revealed to Faith by the Gospel Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

This Knowledge is by a revelation of the Spirit, so through Faith in Eph 2:8 means a Knowledge given of Salvation by the Gospel, we come to know we are saved through Faith or Spiritual Knowledge !

randy

No thanks. 700+ posts??

I understand the gospel message. I was trying to figure out your message.

Randy

randy

No thanks. 700+ posts??

Ok then, you are not really looking for answers from me then. Thats what the posts are for, to read.

I understand the gospel message

I don't think so. What is it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
To Believe on Christ for Salvation !

Contrary to the followers of false teachers, it is not in the ability of man to believe on Christ for Salvation, so Paul wrote to some this Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Two blessings are given here Faith and Perseverance to suffer for the cause of Christ, neither comes with the nature of man. Therefore to consider Faith or believing as a requirement man performs to get saved is great error, for Faith or Believing is a Covenant Blessing, A Covenant that was made with Jesus Christ for the People Ps 89:3-4

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

This Promise to the Antitypical David, the Lord Jesus Christ, is a Promise to establish His Seed, a Covenant Promise ! The Establishment of the Seed is in the Faith as Per:

Acts 16:5

And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

There is a Seed of Believers Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The Lord Jesus Christ as the Covenant Head has fulfilled all the conditions, so His Seed must be Established in the Faith, and so all His Seed Isa 53:10 must have their Eyes of Faith opened Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Thats giving Faith, that is being given to believe on the Name of the Son of God !

Before this, all the Elect are by Nature shut up in unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This word concluded is important here to see this point of unbelief. It is the greek word sygkleiō and means:

to shut up together, enclose

a) of a shoal of fishes in a net

2) to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

To enclose or:

to surround, as with a fence or wall

What does this remind us of ? What is enclosed behind a High Wall or Fence on all sides ? A Prison, Our Native Unbelief is being in a Prison, and what is one of the benefits of the Covenant being fulfilled by the Covenant Head ? Read Isa 42:7

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Out of the prison house of unbelief, and spiritual ignorance and darkness !

Everyone Christ died for must be released from the prison of unbelief, that all by the Judgment of God for sin was concluded in !

To Believe on Christ for Salvation !

Contrary to the followers of false teachers, it is not in the ability of man to believe on Christ for Salvation, so Paul wrote to some this Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Two blessings are given here Faith and Perseverance to suffer for the cause of Christ, neither comes with the nature of man. Therefore to consider Faith or believing as a requirement man performs to get saved is great error, for Faith or Believing is a Covenant Blessing, A Covenant that was made with Jesus Christ for the People Ps 89:3-4

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

This Promise to the Antitypical David, the Lord Jesus Christ, is a Promise to establish His Seed, a Covenant Promise ! The Establishment of the Seed is in the Faith as Per:

Acts 16:5

And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

There is a Seed of Believers Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The Lord Jesus Christ as the Covenant Head has fulfilled all the conditions, so His Seed must be Established in the Faith, and so all His Seed Isa 53:10 must have their Eyes of Faith opened Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Thats giving Faith, that is being given to believe on the Name of the Son of God !

Before this, all the Elect are by Nature shut up in unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This word concluded is important here to see this point of unbelief. It is the greek word sygkleiō and means:

to shut up together, enclose

a) of a shoal of fishes in a net

2) to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

To enclose or:

to surround, as with a fence or wall

What does this remind us of ? What is enclosed behind a High Wall or Fence on all sides ? A Prison, Our Native Unbelief is being in a Prison, and what is one of the benefits of the Covenant being fulfilled by the Covenant Head ? Read Isa 42:7

Out of the prison house of unbelief, and spiritual ignorance and darkness !

Everyone Christ died for must be released from the prison of unbelief, that all by the Judgment of God for sin was concluded in !

you make no sense at all. are you saying Calvinism is the true way to salvation?

Antichrist reigning !

One of the ways it is known that we are in the days of the reign of Antichrist, and that day of apostasy Paul describes here 2 Thess 2:3-4

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This is so because the religious world in general has departed from the Faith that was once delivered to the Saints, foundational upon the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ and His Obedience minus any personal obedience and or conditions of our own, but His obedience alone being that which Justifies an Elect People before God !

This was notably preached by the Apostle Paul in Rom 5 where He Illustrates the basis of our Justification and Righteousness before God in a comparison between Adam and the Lord Jesus Christ in their Covenant Head Capacities, comparing the effects of Adam's headship disobedience and Christ's Headship obedience See Rom 5:19, and from this Paul highlights that Adam's disobedience is the meritorious cause of our sinnership, that disobedience being imputed to us without any personal or actual sin of our own, yet we were constituted sinners ! Now in like manner, The obedience of Christ, in offering Himself a sacrifice for our [The Church] sins, making satisfaction to God's Law and Justice, in obedience to His Father's command Heb 10:4-10; Jn 10:18, and this being the meritorious effectual cause of our being constituted Righteous, by imputation without any personal obedience of ours to go along with it ! This is the Gospel that Paul Preached, A Righteousness Imputed without works or conditions, or personal obedience, and any Gospel that deviates from this one is a False Gospel and Characterizes the Apostasy in these last days right up to the Second Coming ! Antichrist is now reigning supremely, because every religion without exception has some kind of condition man must meet !

you make no sense at all. are you saying Calvinism is the true way to salvation?

Please deal with and refute with scripture all the points I made in post 789. Tell me what I am saying in each scriptural point !

One of the ways it is known that we are in the days of the reign of Antichrist, and that day of apostasy Paul describes here 2 Thess 2:3-4
savedbygrace57 , Paul never speaks of the reign of Antichrist.

No where in Scripture does God speak of the 'reign of Antichrist.'

Please deal with and refute with scripture all the points I made in post 789. Tell me what I am saying in each scriptural point !

i asked you a direct question... you have yet to show in scripture that free will religion ( ceremony) is the man of sin. i need a scripture that says that.... i am not interested in debating calvinism . i been there done that. all i want is scripture stating the exact words Freewill religion is the Man of Sin . if you can,t post that then your adding to the word of GOD. thats all i ask of you if you can not show the scripture then say so. i will drop it as my point has been proven.:yes

ezra

i asked you a direct question

I dont care. I put work into that post, Do not evade the points of the post !

Last edited by a moderator:

2 Thess 2:3-4

The word antichrist is derived from the original New Testament Greek word pronounced antichristos, which means someone who opposes, and/or takes the place of, the true Messiah.

Although the "spirit of the antichrist" (1 John 4:3) has been around for a very long time, and there were relatively minor examples of antichrists long ago (1 John 2:18-19), the ultimate end-time antichrist, identified variously as the "lawless one" or "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:9) or "beast" (all of Revelation 13) is going to be more evil and more incredibly powerful (made possible by That Old Serpent) than any human that has ever existed. In a way, he will be the embodiment of Satan himself because no one is more anti-Christ than Satan. along with revelation 20

Thats your opinion. I say he did, in the verse I quoted !

ezra

I dont care. I put work into that post, now either you do as i asked or move on. Do not evade the points of the post !

so your saying you do not have the scripture correct? remember it was YOU who said Freewill religion is the Man of Sin , back it up with the word of GOD. if you ask me a question i will show scripture. i am not going to go through and reply to your points. the Bible says who so ever shall call up on the name of the LORD shall be saved. who so ever is any one calling out from a true heart *

so your saying you do not have the scripture correct? remember it was YOU who said Freewill religion is the Man of Sin , back it up with the word of GOD. if you ask me a question i will show scripture. i am not going to go through and reply to your points. the Bible says who so ever shall call up on the name of the LORD shall be saved. who so ever is any one calling out from a true heart *

I guess you are not going to deal with the points I have provided, so long ! I have backed up all my points for what I believe since the OP, but you have had your opportunity to deal with each point, and you evade it !

Back