Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Genesis 2-3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The attached quote is not my reasoning and have never heard of this person. We are not sparing, but sharing the scriptures and how we understand them. I let scripture interpret itself when need be as I did those ones I gave you for my answer to your question. I do not answer with a carnal mind or logic, but by the very words of God. If it's only my opinion then I will state that it is my opinion. Everyone that has known me for years in here have never had a problem with the scriptures I share, even if we disagree at times in how I use them. This is why I discuss and not argue nor debate the word of God, but only give my understanding of them.

Common sense can be carnal at times that allows us to stray away from truth when it comes to discussing scripture.
If the quote was in line with your reasoning I would not have posted it. But I believe there is wisdom in what the author wrote, that can benefit the body of Christ. And because one is not familiar with an author, it does not justify dismissing what they have to share. For it is only possible for one to grow in understanding only as one has exposure to something new.

You state, "If it's only my opinion then I will state that it is my opinion." Then please answer my earlier question with your opinion, and state that it is your opinion. Is that asking to much?

You state, "Everyone that has known me for years in here have never had a problem with the scriptures I share, even if we disagree at times in how I use them." Why state a fact that is obvious not true in the first half of your statement, then confirm it is not, in the second half, as you acknowledge there are those "who disagree in how you apply scripture."

I too, think you misapply certain texts to support you position, giving no consideration of their context. Example: All those texts you have me from Proverbs, supposedly explaining the "purpose of the tree of life."
In that case you just listed the texts without your understanding of them within their contexts, which is what I'm really interested in so I can better understand why you believe the way you do with regard to the tree of life.

Are you up for an explanation?

backside is in the Bible, Exodus 30:22-23, but yet you make a joke of God, wow.

What would be the purpose of you sharing scriptures with us if not to eventually start to find truth in them. Be careful, you might become a child of God :biggrin2

I heard him speak some truth yesterday. I think it was an accident, He lost focus I think and had a Freudian slip, Lol.

He knows God is real. Scripture says no. No excuse.

I heard him speak some truth yesterday. I think it was an accident, He lost focus I think and had a Freudian slip, Lol.

T. E. Smith is only 17 in which he could be my Grandson, even though he's not, but you know the saying about the praying Grandma, LOL. Surrender is around the corner :pray

If the quote was in line with your reasoning I would not have posted it. But I believe there is wisdom in what the author wrote, that can benefit the body of Christ. And because one is not familiar with an author, it does not justify dismissing what they have to share. For it is only possible for one to grow in understanding only as one has exposure to something new.

You state, "If it's only my opinion then I will state that it is my opinion." Then please answer my earlier question with your opinion, and state that it is your opinion. Is that asking to much?

You state, "Everyone that has known me for years in here have never had a problem with the scriptures I share, even if we disagree at times in how I use them." Why state a fact that is obvious not true in the first half of your statement, then confirm it is not, in the second half, as you acknowledge there are those "who disagree in how you apply scripture."

I too, think you misapply certain texts to support you position, giving no consideration of their context. Example: All those texts you have me from Proverbs, supposedly explaining the "purpose of the tree of life."
In that case you just listed the texts without your understanding of them within their contexts, which is what I'm really interested in so I can better understand why you believe the way you do with regard to the tree of life.

I'm not going to delete your post for derogatory remarks and violation of the ToS 1.1 and 1.3, but I will in the future if this happens again towards me or any other member.

Sorry, but I am not going to play these childish games with you as you demean me in front of others. I answered your question, you do not accept my answer, so be it. If you don't like my understanding of scripture, so be it. Please do not play the "I am right, you are wrong" card as that is belittling me and others making your own self superior in knowledge. I give my understanding and the reasons for how I believe what scripture is teaching us.

Remember, pride goes before the fall.

backside is in the Bible, Exodus 30:22-23, but yet you make a joke of God, wow.

What would be the purpose of you sharing scriptures with us if not to eventually start to find truth in them. Be careful, you might become a child of God :biggrin2
Hey nothing wrong with God having a backside.

When will you learn that I can accurately sum up biblical doctrine without believing in it? Apparently never.

Matthew 13:34 kjv
34. All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

Taking from your treasures:
Matthew 13:52 kjv
51. Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52. Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which isinstructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that isan householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure thingsnew and old.

#1. Things old - from old covenant of law ( shadows of things to come, but written on stone).

#2. Things new - from the new covenant of law in heart of flesh and law in mind ( mind of Christ)

1. Concealed in symbolism but there (even if at first it seems hidden).
2. Revealed to disciples in private ( not to multitude of people).

A study of creation is very old ( parable of sower, tares, etc
A study of actions previous to law leaves one scratching head at times
A study of the law of Moses is a school master till Christ is come
The kingdom message requires being born again to understand.

We are to seek parallel understanding of all these things:
Not just the old
Not just something new
But a mind twisting understanding of old and new compared, contrasted, understood. This understanding (IMHO) is not possible without the Holy Spirit leading us into all truth.

A Google search will lead you to scriptures. If you can not find one ask.

Seek and you shall find. Ask and it shall be opened to you.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

God's backside... Lol. You don't hear too many Christians use that word in this context.
Exodus 33:17 kjv
17. And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18. And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
19. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22. And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

God in front saw all the way into the future. Moses saw a short distance from where he was (place and time wise).

All this is way beyond the redneck mind.

eddif

Matthew 13:34 kjv
34. All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

Taking from your treasures:
Matthew 13:52 kjv
51. Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52. Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which isinstructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that isan householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure thingsnew and old.

#1. Things old - from old covenant of law ( shadows of things to come, but written on stone).

#2. Things new - from the new covenant of law in heart of flesh and law in mind ( mind of Christ)

1. Concealed in symbolism but there (even if at first it seems hidden).
2. Revealed to disciples in private ( not to multitude of people).

A study of creation is very old ( parable of sower, tares, etc
A study of actions previous to law leaves one scratching head at times
A study of the law of Moses is a school master till Christ is come
The kingdom message requires being born again to understand.

We are to seek parallel understanding of all these things:
Not just the old
Not just something new
But a mind twisting understanding of old and new compared, contrasted, understood. This understanding (IMHO) is not possible without the Holy Spirit leading us into all truth.

A Google search will lead you to scriptures. If you can not find one ask.

Seek and you shall find. Ask and it shall be opened to you.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
eddif, should you be looking for a response from me, I'm sorry to say, I have none, because your reasoning is on a higher plain than mine, therefore, I don't understand your point of this post. Drop down out of the clouds.

eddif, should you be looking for a response from me, I'm sorry to say, I have none, because your reasoning is on a higher plain than mine, therefore, I don't understand your point of this post. Drop down out of the clouds.
We are discussing about post 136. This is post 170.
We are in a thread about creation and the OP ending with mention of expulsion from Eden
That ought not to be too impossible. The difficulty is our guidelines.

1 Corinthians 3:19 kjv
19. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

We establish things on the evidence of two or three witnesses from: Creation
Pre law
Law
Prophets
Words of Jesus
Spirit filled Apostles
Word of Knowledge
etc

The plain:
Word of God
One New Man
Creation
Prophets
etc.

We are under our guidelines, and what we might reason just has to agree with more than what we think.

God wants us to understand is explicitly stated. God draws us into a study of His Word by requiring that we analyze line upon line and precept upon precept.
Go to Isaiah 28, and read the verses that quote this concept. Note the failure that can occur (the second requoting of the concept).

Go to Ezekiel, and read how failure turns back,and quotes a past occurance.

Hebrews 10:39 kjv
39. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

I have a tough time getting through this.
Galatians 2:18 kjv
18. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Galatians 6:1 kjv. ( the NT victory)
1. Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted

eddif

Back