Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God No One Has Seen At Any Time

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So the Father is god and Jesus Christ is God?

So Jesus is Superior to the Father!
Perhaps you can explain how you believe in one God since you reject even that Jesus was eternally begotten of the Father and they are clearly two persons? One and the same Spirit doesn't qualify as two distinct persons.
As I stated with Col 1:19 , the Father, His Spirit without limit (fullness) was pleased to dwell in the Firstborn and they are Father and Son from the beginning. God is our heavenly Father, not Jesus, who is His Firstborn.
As is written, "The God and Father of Jesus" "The only true God"
God created through His Son. Hebrews 1:2 ;

I agree in part.
Begotten from the Father alone before all things but not formed.

3 coeternal persons of the Godhead is not your theology. You read so from others. I know my Lord and know differently from above and have reasoned with you from the text.

The Son who was, His spirit, was in the body prepared for Him and He testified from His mind on what He saw and heard in the Fathers presence. The Deity in Him is the Fathers and that is how they are one forever.

Evidence that is impossible to disprove!
The word for the Lord in Psalm 110:1 is the root word adoni and it's a word used to never refer to God. Your "impossible to disprove" theory was done in with a sentence. Even a very basic study of this word just using a Strong's concordance is enough to see this. Check out H113 in Psalms 110:1 and cross-reference where the root word adoni is used in the Old Testament. They're all human and not God. Wow.

Gen. 24:36,54,56
Gen. 32:4,5,18
Gen. 44:9,16,33
1 Sam. 24:6
1 Sam. 25:27,28,30,31
2 Sam. 4:8
2 Sam. 19:28
1 Kings 1:2
1 Kings 18:13
1 Kings 20:9
1 Chronicles 21:3
Psalm 110:1

Last edited:
two verses in Isaiah will disprove you!

9:6, Jesus Christ is MIGHTY GOD

10:21, the Father is MIGHTY GOD

Two distinct Persons Who are 100% Equally MIGHTY GOD

Now try and twist this!
You believe in 2 God's. What makes them the one and same God from the beginning in your creed?
My answer is what Jesus taught in regard to oneness with the Father - The Father living in Him. Col 1:19 and Col 2:9 stated "in Him" not the same as being Him. If that Deity was Jesus it wouldn't be living in Him it would be Him. His very being. The Father is that Deity. The Father in the Son and the Son in the Father. Jesus has always been the Son. The Son is the very image of the Father. The Father is the only true God. Jesus is God the begotten a Son of the Father who is before all things. The Firstborn
God from true God.

The Nicene creed states which you reject:
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through Him, all things were made.

only the Father is YHWH. There is no other God.

Sorry but that is just your opinion that rejects what the scriptures teach.

Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the LORD my God will come,
And all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:1-5

• Thus the LORD my God will come, and all the saints with You.

Who is returning on the Day of the LORD with the saints?

The Father or the Son?

JLB

The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
From east to west,
Yes, you shall flee

The Father or the Son?

JLB
The LORD is the Father and His holy ones are His servants. Did you mean to ignore the fact that the holy ones are with Him? Jesus is God’s holy one. That means Jesus isn’t YHWH.

Zechariah 14
5You will flee by My mountain valley, for it will extend to Azal. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with Him.

Acts 13
35So also, He says in another Psalm:
‘You will not let Your Holy One see decay.’

The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
From east to west,
Yes, you shall flee

The Father or the Son?

JLB
When God comes down 1000 years later with the new Jerusalem
THEN
Rev 21:3
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Its not a opinion.
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live

As stated the fullness dwells "IN" the Son. He is Lord or God the begotten. He is NOT that Deity. That Deity is the Father the only true God.

God is our heaven Father.
As Paul opens in several of his letters.
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The word for the Lord in Psalm 110:1 is the root word adoni and it's a word used to never refer to God. Your "impossible to disprove" theory was done in with a sentence. Even a very basic study of this word just using a Strong's concordance is enough to see this. Check out H113 in Psalms 110:1 and cross-reference where the root word adoni is used in the Old Testament. They're all human and not God. Wow.

Gen. 24:36,54,56
Gen. 32:4,5,18
Gen. 44:9,16,33
1 Sam. 25:27,28,30,31
2 Sam. 19:28
1 Kings 1:2
1 Kings 18:13
1 Kings 20:9
1 Chronicles 21:3
Psalm 110:1

I answered you in #231 with irrefutable evidence from the Bible, that Jesus Christ IS YHWH

You choose to reject this because of your "theology"!

Zechariah 14
5You will flee by My mountain valley, for it will extend to Azal. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with Him.

The saints come with Jesus from heaven on the Day of the LORD which is called the Day of Christ.

The Second Coming of Christ is the Day of the LORD; the Day of Christ.

Jesus is The Holy One of Israel.

The holy ones are saints who come with Jesus on the Day of The LORD.

Jesus is the LORD of lords. This is a quote from Deuteronomy.

These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.” Revelation 17:14

17 For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe. Deuteronomy 10:17

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live

Yes Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the LORD God.

The Light of the world.

When God comes down 1000 years later with the new Jerusalem
THEN
Rev 21:3
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Its not a opinion.

As stated the fullness dwells "IN" the Son. He is Lord or God the begotten. He is NOT that Deity. That Deity is the Father the only true God.

God is our heaven Father.
As Paul opens in several of his letters.
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

God the Father is God.

God the Son is God; YHWH the LORD God.

If you choose to deny Jesus as LORD then that is on you.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

I answered you in #231 with irrefutable evidence from the Bible, that Jesus Christ IS YHWH

You choose to reject this because of your "theology"!
I don't know if you realized it, but in citing your thread about Psalm 110:1, you opened the gate wide for irrefutable proof that adoni is used to refer to human lords in 100% of the Old Testament. There isn't even a single exception to this and as such it proves Jesus isn't God.

The saints come with Jesus from heaven on the Day of the LORD which is called the Day of Christ.

The Second Coming of Christ is the Day of the LORD; the Day of Christ.

Jesus is The Holy One of Israel.

The holy ones are saints who come with Jesus on the Day of The LORD.

Jesus is the LORD of lords. This is a quote from Deuteronomy.

These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.” Revelation 17:14

17 For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe. Deuteronomy 10:17
In Zechariah 14:5 it refers to the holy ones with YHWH. Acts 13:35 and Psalm 16:10 refer to Jesus as YHWH's holy one. It couldn't be anymore crystal clear than this. Thank you for showing me that. If I had any doubts about this before, now it's firmly cemented that YHWH and Jesus are not the same person.

Jesus is YHWH's holy one.

Psalm 16
10For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
nor will You let Your Holy One see decay.

I don't know if you realized it, but in citing your thread about Psalm 110:1, you opened the gate wide for irrefutable proof that adoni is used to refer to human lords in 100% of the Old Testament. There isn't even a single exception to this and as such it proves Jesus isn't God.

Here are some Bible passages, that show the Hebrew “’āḏōn”, is used for Almighty God, Yahweh.

Exodus 23:17, “Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord (’āḏōn) God (yehôvâh)”

Exodus 34:23, “Three times in the year all your males shall appear before the Lord (’āḏōn) God (yehôvâh), the God ('ĕlôhı̂ym) of Israel”

Deuteronomy 10:17, “For the LORD (yehôvâh) your God ('ĕlôhı̂ym), he is God of gods and Lord of lords (’ăḏōn, ’ăḏōn), the Great (gâdôl) God (’ēl), the Mighty (hagibōr), and the Awesome (yârê'), who doesn’t respect persons or take bribes”

Joshua 3:11, 13, “Behold, the ark of the covenant of the Lord (’ăḏōn) of all the earth passeth over before you into Jordan...And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the LORD (yehôvâh), the Lord (’ăḏōn) of all the earth”

Nehemiah 8:10, “for this day is holy to our Lord (’ăḏōn). And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength”

Nehemiah 10:29, “do all the commandments of the LORD (yehôvâh) our Lord (’ăḏōn) and His rules and His statutes”

Psalm 8:1, “O LORD (yehôvâh), our Lord (’ăḏōn), how Majestic is Your Name in all the earth! You have set your Glory above the heavens”

Psalm 8:9, “O LORD (yehôvâh), our Lord (’ăḏōn), how majestic is your name in all the earth!”

Psalm 97:5, “The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD (yehôvâh), at the presence of the Lord (’ăḏōn) of the whole earth”

Psalm 114:7, “Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord (’ăḏōn)”

Psalm 136:3, “Give thanks to the Lord of lords (’ăḏōn,’ăḏōn); for His loving kindness endures forever”

Psalm 145:5, “Great is our Lord (’ăḏōn), and abundant in Power”

Isaiah 1:24, “Therefore saith the Lord (’ăḏōn), the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel”

Isaiah 3:1, “For behold, the Lord (’ăḏōn) the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts”

Isaiah 10:16, “Therefore shall the Lord (’ăḏōn), the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts”

Isaiah 10:33, “behold, the Lord (’ăḏōn) the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts”

Isaiah 19:4, “says the Lord (’ăḏōn) the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts”

Isaiah 51:22, “Thus saith thy Lord (’ăḏōn) the LORD (yehôvâh), and thy God ('ĕlôhı̂ym)”

Micah 4:13, “the LORD (yehôvâh), and their substance unto the Lord (’ăḏōn) of the whole earth”

Zechariah 4:14, “Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord (’ăḏōn) of the whole earth”

Zechariah 6:5, “the LORD (yehôvâh), and their substance unto the Lord (’ăḏōn) of the whole earth”

Malachi 3:1, “And the Lord (’ăḏōn) Whom you seek will suddenly come to His temple; and the Messenger of the Covenant”

so what you say is 100% WRONG!

In Zechariah 14:5 it refers to the holy ones with YHWH. Acts 13:35 and Psalm 16:10 refer to Jesus as YHWH's holy one. It couldn't be anymore crystal clear than this. Thank you for showing me that. If I had any doubts about this before, now it's firmly cemented that YHWH and Jesus are not the same person.

Jesus is YHWH's holy one.

Psalm 16
10For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
nor will You let Your Holy One see decay.

Zechariah 14 describes the Day of the LORD, which is the Day of Christ, when Jesus comes from heaven with His people, His saints.

• even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. This is the dead in Christ; His saints
  • For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.
The Lord Jesus Christ Himself, (Not God the Father) will descend from heaven on the Day of the Lord.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-16

Matthew 24 is Jesus describing these events.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Matthew 24: 29-31

• And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
This is the Day of the Lord; The second coming of Christ, which is called the coming of the Lord.

The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
From east to west,
Yes, you shall flee

Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.” Jude 1:14-15

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-2

The Day of the Lord is the Day of Christ.

Again, my question:

Who is coming on the Day of the LORD with His saints?

The Father or the Son?

Hint: It's the King of kings and Lord of lords: His name is called the Word of God.

• And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations.

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Revelation 19:11-16

JLB

so what you say is 100% WRONG!

Here are some Bible passages, that show the Hebrew “’āḏōn”, is used for Almighty God, Yahweh.
In Hebrew there are variations of the root word adon. They are not all used the same ways and in the same context. The variant we are talking about right now is ’ă·ḏō·nî because that's the one that's used in Psalm 110:1. Other variants may mean different things, but the one that matters in regards to Jesus not being God right now is adoni. So I am actually trying to help you. As I previously pointed out, this is beyond dispute, and I would even go so far as to ring the bell and call this check mate. Adoni is used 100% of the time to refer to human masters/lords in the Bible. Let's look at some of the examples where this is the truth.

Below, the word used to refer to Jesus as the Lord at the right hand of YHWH in Psalm 110:1 is used 100% exlcusively in regards to those who are not God in the Bible.

Gen. 24:36
My master’s wife Sarah has borne him a son in her old age, and my master has given him everything he owns.​
Gen. 32:4
He instructed them, “You are to say to my master Esau, ‘Your servant Jacob says: I have been staying with Laban and have remained there until now.​
Gen. 44:9
If any of your servants is found to have it, he must die, and the rest will become slaves of my lord.”​
So he said to his men, “The LORD forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the LORD’s anointed. May I never lift my hand against him, since he is the LORD’s anointed.”​
1 Sam. 25:27
Now let this gift your servant has brought to my lord be given to the young men who follow you​
They brought the head of Ish-bosheth to David at Hebron and said to the king, “Here is the head of Ish-bosheth son of Saul, your enemy who sought your life. Today the LORD has granted vengeance to my lord the king against Saul and his offspring.”​
2 Sam. 19:28​
For all the house of my grandfather deserves death from my lord the king, yet you have set your servant among those who eat at your table. What further right, then, do I have to keep appealing to the king?”​
1 Kings 1:2​
So his servants said to him, “Let us search for a young virgin for our lord the king, to attend to him and care for him and lie by his side to keep him warm.”​
1 Kings 18:13​
Was it not reported to my lord what I did when Jezebel slaughtered the prophets of the LORD? I hid a hundred prophets of the LORD, fifty men per cave, and I provided them with food and water.​
1 Kings 20:9​
So Ahab answered the messengers of Ben-hadad, “Tell my lord the king, ‘All that you demanded of your servant the first time I will do, but this thing I cannot do.’ ”​
1 Chronicles 21:3​
But Joab replied, “May the LORD multiply His troops a hundred times over. My lord the king, are they not all servants of my lord? Why does my lord want to do this? Why should he bring guilt on Israel?”​
Psalm 110:1​
The LORD said to my Lord:​
“Sit at My right hand​
until I make Your enemies​
a footstool for Your feet.”​

Zechariah 14 describes the Day of the LORD, which is the Day of Christ, when Jesus comes from heaven with His people, His saints.

JLB
Regardless, YHWH is bringing His holy ones with him in Zechariah 14:5 and Jesus is YHWH's holy one. This simple truth is yet another demonstration of Jesus not being YHWH. Since this hasn't happened yet, it's prophetic.

Since you bring up the Day of the Lord (DOTL) and Day of Christ (DOC) and have made the assertion that they are the same things, then I must show you they are not the same things.

The DOC is characterized by positive, good things, for Christians, the long-awaited fulfillment of the hope of Jesus' return. The day of Christ is the blessed hope that we have, where we will be raptured, and attend Christ's judgement seat, receive rewards, etc.

Philippians 1​
6being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
10so that you may be able to test and prove what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
1 Corinthians 1​
8He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Contrasted with the DOC, the DOTL is characterized by judgement against evil on earth. You may also know this as the time of Jacob's trouble. The heavens and earth will be destroyed as well.

2 Peter 3​
10But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be destroyedd by fire, and the earth and its works will be laid bare.​
11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to conduct yourselves in holiness and godliness 12as you anticipate and hasten the coming of the day of God, when the heavens will be destroyed by fire and the elements will melt in the heat.​

So chronologically, the DOC is first and will occur post-tribulation. After that, there is the DOTL. As their names also state, the Day of Christ and the Day of God/the Lord are clear that Christ and God are not the same person. The DOC and the DOTL are not described in the same ways, but they do occur closely together.

So the talk of the day of the Lord with YHWH being with His holy ones is because they occur close together. God will bring Jesus back to Earth for this, but they are not the same events.

The day of Christ, the rapture before the day of the Lord:

1 Thessalonians 4​
14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.​
15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

The day of the Lord after the day of Christ:

1 Thessalonians 5​
1Now about the times and seasons, brothers, we do not need to write to you. 2For you are fully aware that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and security,” destruction will come upon them suddenly, like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
9For God has not appointed us to suffer wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with Him. 11Therefore encourage and build one another up, just as you are already doing.​

If this is true of most all the forums/ internet threads and posts,
is there any place the truth only is permitted ? Anyplace online or in person ? (do not disclose the places in person where only truth is permitted - it makes them a target)
I would suggest we search the scriptures daily to see if those things people say are true. Unfortunately, there is no shortcut for this. It typically requires years of diligent, careful, study and prayer to find the truth. Many will find the truth, look at it in the eyes, and treat it like a stranger. However, we can test what is true by what the Bible says. I would suggest we each approach this with humility and an open mind.

John 17
3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, [Father] the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

Back