Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

GOD OF THE OT / GOD OF THE NT.......IS IT THE SAME GOD?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
About this I rather be wrong than right... Of course, neither of us have facts unless you know of an Anonymous survey exploring this.

Although I lack the formal training you have, I can research the experts on any topic quite easily, in Logos10. Over the decade I have amassed an extensive library covering all of Christendom, Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox plus a few "cults".

I'm excited about AI rendering fresh translations of ancient texts, what that will bring to light. I have good reason to believe Logos11 or greater, will offer that.

LOL….Surveys….don’t put too much stock in surveys, they usually have an intent….

Being knowledgeable of the Bible. It does not take much to learn how to be saved. Then to take in the whole Bible is a matter of effort. Memorizing a lot of scriptures and understand their meaning to certain level. And there are some good translations out there, and some not so good. The KJV is not a study Bible by any means, but it is great for reading out loud at ceremonies due to it poetic style

But using a good Bible and an exhaustive concordance and lots of effort you can become very knowledgeable without formal schooling. Know some, a friend mine is a Southern Baptist Preacher and he taught himself Koine Greek….He could read and write Koine Greek. I can’t do that and I have been at it my whole life.

Then there still is a deeper understanding. The Bible comes from texts that are thousands of years old. Written in different and ancient time periods from the perspective of ancient cultures, in different languages and very different circumstances. Knowing all that is a very deep study. A theologian is not only going to know the Bible, they are going to know history, archeology, cultures and peoples and have a working knowledge of the languages well above the common resource material. There is a little known fact about biblical Greek.

For example; The New Testament does not have an apparent focus on the family like Christianity has today. It only appears that way because there was such an urgency to spread the Gospel because they truly thought that Christ could return at any moment. So there is not a lot of discussion about family in the New Testament. But the fact is, Christianity would not have gotten far without families, for more than one reason.

Last edited:
LOL….Surveys….don’t put too much stock in surveys, they usually have an intent….

Being knowledgeable of the Bible. It does not take much to learn how to be saved. Then to take in the whole Bible is a matter of effort. Memorizing a lot of scriptures and understand their meaning to certain level. And there are some good translations out there, and some not so good. The KJV is not a study Bible by any means, but it is great for reading out loud at ceremonies due to it poetic style

But using a good Bible and an exhaustive concordance and lots of effort you can become very knowledgeable without formal schooling. Know some, a friend mine is a Southern Baptist Preacher and he taught himself Koine Greek….He could read and write Koine Greek. I can’t do that and I have been at it my whole life.

Then there still is a deeper understanding. The Bible comes from texts that are thousands of years old. Written in different and ancient time periods from the perspective of ancient cultures, in different languages and very different circumstances. Knowing all that is a very deep study. A theologian is not only going to know the Bible, they are going to know history, archeology, cultures and peoples and have a working knowledge of the languages well above the common resource material. There is a little known fact about biblical Greek.

For example; The New Testament does not have an apparent focus on the family like Christianity has today. It only appears that way because there was such an urgency to spread the Gospel because they truly thought that Christ could return at any moment. So there is not a lot of discussion about family in the New Testament. But the fact is, Christianity would not have gotten far without families, for more than one reason.
Literally thousands of ancient artifacts with script remain untranslated, the sheer volume of them far exceeds the capacity of the few who can translate them. All over the earth, reams of ancient knowledge remain hidden just because there aren't enough translators.

AI will change all that, soon. Even now you can translate Copy-pasted Aramaic script on ChatGPT.

The problem you point out, is the outside satanic forces trying to force their way into authority.

Adam and Eve did not have the Holy Spirit gifts to resist.

We are now to the problem. Adam and Eve were a two part creation. Body and soul.

Not body soul and Spirit, but body and soul.
The body has many parts. The soul has many parts.
But
The Spirit does not appear (inside them) till Pentecost.

God is evidently aware:
Do not eat of the tree of good and evil.

God is not changing, but man is. They were warned outwardly, but no inner warning Spirit.

Man had to be brought up to date. Why ? Hey I am a redneck. Poor vision but net totally blind.

We have to discuss the who whole theology and knowle of man. We have to expand our individual knowledge. Teaching all things , and not just our groups favorite 12?.

So are we?:
Bipartite?
Tripartite?

Fancy words? I am open to using less religious words. IMHO man was two parts till Pentecost.

I will shut up. Discussion?

Mississippi redneck
eddif
The Hebrew word for soul means--a breathing being. Man became a living soul,( Gen 2:7) not was given a soul once the breath of life entered. Even animals and fish are called-Nephesh in Hebrew= a breathing being.

Literally thousands of ancient artifacts with script remain untranslated, the sheer volume of them far exceeds the capacity of the few who can translate them. All over the earth, reams of ancient knowledge remain hidden just because there aren't enough translators.

AI will change all that, soon. Even now you can translate Copy-pasted Aramaic script on ChatGPT.
They are translating burnt copies of texts that they could not read before.

The Hebrew word for soul means--a breathing being. Man became a living soul,( Gen 2:7) not was given a soul once the breath of life entered. Even animals and fish are called-Nephesh in Hebrew= a breathing being.
Yeah, and spirit means wind or breath. Breath + body = soul, simple as that.

Impossible. By definition every creature and God Himself adheres to its nature. One's "nature" is who they are. One cannot be himself.
"A person's nature" refers to the fundamental characteristics, qualities, and inherent traits that define an individual. This encompasses their typical patterns of thought, behavior, emotional responses, and overall disposition. It includes innate tendencies and predispositions, as well as learned behaviors that have become deeply ingrained over time. A person's nature is often considered the core of who they are, influencing how they interact with the world and others around them. ChatAPT

The question at hand is:

GOD OF THE OT / GOD OF THE NT.......IS IT THE SAME GOD?​

Discussing God's nature is the answer to the question. God's nature is that He is IMMUTABLE. 1 Samuel 15:29 Psalm 102:27 Malachi 3:6a For I the Lord do not change ,,, ,yada, yada...
How many faces does man have by nature? Is Ezekiel describing us?

Is the new birth a change in nature?

How many Spirits does God manifest?

I am wondering.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

No, a man is a "living being", that's the definition of "soul", you can't explain a word with the word itself.
The man was not a living being until given the breath of life.
God breathed into the man.

7And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Last edited:

7And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
It is the man which becomes a living soul.
A living soul did not become the man.

The word “image” means “shadow”. To see a shadow of a tree is to see the image of the tree.
God formed the man in His own image.
Then God breathed into that image called man, the breath of life.
Man + breath = living soul

The word “image” means “shadow”. To see a shadow of a tree is to see the image of the tree.
Colossians 2:16 kjv
16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Thus is the time jump that gets a little harder to understand.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Yes, that's the physical body, made of organic matter.

The same God will pour out seven bowls of plagues specifically upon all who have taken the mark of the Beast - with no mercy in Rev. 16, ask yourself whether that includes children or not. Either yes or no, the same answer applies to those evil Midianites.
We'd have to discuss what the mark of the beast is.
We'd have to discuss if children are responsible for their actions --- according to God.

So it's not a simple yes or no answer.
Plus, I don't know enough about Revelation.

I'm just thankful we have a merciful God and will be judged by HIM.

Virgins take on the identity of their husbands, so the decree against the Midianite nation wasn't subverted if they lived. Boys remain what they are, so had to die to fulfill God's Sovereign decree against the Midianites.

There's a lesson here for the apostates who will follow the antichrist Beast. No mercy is extended to them.
Wow.
Yeah.
What can I say?

No comment.

Some theologians today are atheists, agnostics or worse, but their day job doesn't permit they reveal themselves. They start the controversies that rage among their fellows, for the fame and $$$ it brings in speaking fees, perhaps a book.

But we should answer their objections, lest anyone think they have a point.

Before I read the following from Caragounis, it never occurred to me commentaries and theologians weren't faithful Christians:

Commenting on how many Protestant exegetes accept the eisegesis of Mt. 16:18 that "Peter is the rock" of the church:

Most Protestant exegetes who refer πέτρα to Peter do so under the assumption that the passage is inauthentic, i.e., that it is either a later interpolation by some Christian hand or more precisely a later creation by a Petrine party, or in polemic against or at least in reaction to Paul.-Chrys C. Caragounis, Peter and the Rock, (Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York, 1990) pp. 2-3.
I'm slow AP.

Could you translate what you wrote above?
Thanks.

Agreed on all.
Re Koine Greek.
I know a Catholic theologian that speaks Koine Greek and he was willing to teach it to me.
He claims it's not difficult once you get the tenses.

Of course I'm not interested.
No time.

Wow.
Yeah.
What can I say?

No comment.
Just ask?
Mark 10:8 kjv
8. And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh

Are both merging into one flesh?

The disciples in Corinth decided it might be better for some not to marry (because of distractions away from serving Christ Jesus)? 1 Corinthians 7

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back