Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

GOD OF THE OT / GOD OF THE NT.......IS IT THE SAME GOD?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You did not understand the article.

Perhaps you are overthinking.
No.
I do believe I understood the article.

GOD KILLED/MUDERED some people.
FOR WHATEVER REASON.

Is God allowed to break HIS OWN RULES?
Is God allowed to over-step HIS VERY OWN NATURE?

I mean it.
Stop reading books and watching videos.
THINK FOR YOURSELF and let's see what you answer.

No.

FOR WHATEVER REASON.

I mean it.
I will never stop reading books and watching videos.

The Lord put these men in position to teach

If an article can explain better than I can, I will use it.

Hi GodsGrace

Not sure what that question means. I'm a believer in the truth of the Scriptures.

Everyone things they're a believer of the truth.
The scriptures show that babies DO NOT go to hell.

But since you believe THEY DO,
It'll be up to you to show that they do not.
The positive position gets to offer evidence of their belief system.

I will reply.....no problem.

I can't find anywhere that says there's an age of accountability
We will discuss....

for God's promise for babies, young children, the unborn. If you can, please show it to me.

Does absence of proof....
provide proof of absence?

Let's forge ahead and we shall soon see.

But I'm not going to allow my delicate sensibilities that I might have about how unfair

This is the WHOLE POINT Ted.
IS GOD UNFAIR???

I believe not.

I might feel it is that children aren't immediately whisked into the presence of God, establish what the Scriptures say.

So, what have you got? Show me where the Scriptures imply, infer or outright say that there is an age which a child must attain before the requirement of trusting in Jesus kicks in? What ya got?

God bless,
Ted
You're first debater.

No.

FOR WHATEVER REASON.

I mean it.
IMHO
God does not break his rules.

The goodness and severity of God bring us to repentance.

His rod and staff comfort us.

God’s ways are not our ways by nature.

We see through a glass darkly till the last trump. At the last trump we are fully changed.

Ezekiel more fully explained who, why they were killed
And
Who why some were saved, and the purpose they had in their protection.

It is a tedious study in the last Prophets. Isaiah has comments that help understanding.

All I can do is very roughly give things that have to be researched.

This thread is about the dual nature of God, and the (without help) nature of man to go the wrong way.

Could be interesting.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Because Craig doesn't want to have to deal with it.
seems true. he also compromises on Genesis, which is dangerous path.
He could have a better answer, such as God's justice and humans abuse of freewill.
see this: https://answersingenesis.org/why-do...ing-adam-initial-response-william-lane-craig/

It's much easier to temporarily suspend the concept of morality altogether until he gets to the New Testament.
??
ask yourself, where does morality come from? whose is right and why? is it OB or SUB jective? what are some consequences for disobeying it?
hint: the answers can be gotten directly from the Bible.

It's something we would expect from an ancient pagan war god, but not Jesus of Nazareth. The stark contrast between the two is hard to overlook.
no. the pagan god myths exaggerated and overhyped the "negative" parts. exactly what we'd expect from fallen humans who easily mistake justice for "creulty". those pagan gods have NO hope, peace, love, joy , truth, and more that Christianity has. and they are easily debunked.

I haven't. I don't know if they're two different versions of God, two different gods entirely, or two different characters created by different authors in different time periods in human history. I dunno. :/
Only One God the True God. none of the theories you made stand up.

Then stick with Matt. 22:30 and Jude 1:6. Also Job 1:6. The bible does have taught me, it is you who are too blind to dig deeper and see the connection.

Good scriptures but none of them say that the sons of God are Angels. They exist but the scriptures do not define them as Angels. What you are saying you are going to believe what you want whether it is in the scriptures are not. Which is fine, freedom of religion....Some people think that Christ is a time traveling UFO pilot. Whatever floats your boat.

Some think the sons of God are Watcher Angels….That comes from Enoch and Gnostic texts.

Those were offsprings of the Nephilim, aka giants. God only targeted a few specific Canaanite towns where giants were spotted. Back in Gen. 6, the primary purpose of the Flood was to wipe out the giants, which were the offspring of evil angels who overstepped their boundaries. Some remnants of those giants survived, however, as written in Gen. 6:4, and resurfaced in the land of Canaan, Goliath was one of the most prominent one of them, and the Israelites were ordered to finish the job. Consider it a culling operation.

There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (Gen. 6:4)

The angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day. (Jd. 1:6)

In the NT there're numerous mentions of "evil spirits", Jesus did several exorcisms to cast them out, this had become one of the most marvelous miracles he performed, even false believers followed suit - "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?" These "evil spirits" were the evil angels, those giants used to be their earthly hosts - or incarnate. After those giants were wiped out, they became disembodied spirits wandering around the earth, and the chief among them was Satan. Till this day he's still roaming like a lion seeking to devour, until the Lord returns and has him chained in the bottomless pit for a thousand years. This is a hidden narrative of the evil spirits.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it. (Job 1:6-7)
I'm sorry Carry,
I'm not a stickler for staying on topic, but the above goes way over the intended discussion of the OP (me).

If others wish to reply, it's not a problem for me,
but I'd really rather not get into such a subject matter.
I just really have to bow out.
Sorry.

Yes. How could he not? Thats why I always go back to God's prefect knowledge. Because it presents real problems for the Christian message. If God knew in advance that Adam and Eve would eat from the tree of knowledge, then why did he put it there? If he knows in advance what choices we will make in life, how can we be judged for making those choices?
God's perfect knowledge.
Do you know about God's middle knowledge?
Craig talks about it. Weird stuff. We get too caught up in trying to understand GOD.
That's like an ant trying to understand a HUMAN!!

God wanted to create a race of humans.
I'm told it's because He loves us and I tend to agree with this reason since He had no real NEED for us.
But God is slightly intelligent....isn't He?
Do you suppose He would have been happy with a race of humans that He would have liked to be able to freely love Him back? Maybe He didn't want to program the entire human scene, so He left a lot of decision making to us?

So, Adam and Eve were free to eat of the tree.
The tree held the knowledge of good and evil.
Did ADAM only want to know good?
Or did he also want to know evil?

God could have not put the tree there,
God could have made Adam choose to NOT eat,
God could have done this any way He wanted,,,
but He chose to let us make the decision as to whether or not we wanted to know evil,
Or only good.
Would man belong to God freely and lovingly
or would man end up a robot that followed God's instructions?

What would satisfy an intelligent being more??

And how are we judged for making any choice?
Because God gives to us the free choice to choose between Him and the enemy.
He clearly states that if you choose the enemy He will have nothing further to do with you because you decided to give your love to the enemy.

This is perfect justice.

The question I've been pondering recently is, does God have free will? If he has perfect knowledge of himself, past, present, and future, does he know what choices he will make in the future? If he does, how can he make different choices that he has not foreseen?
Good thinking!

Simple answer:
GOD HAS FREE WILL.

The REAL question is:
Can God negate/oppose His nature?

For instance,
Can God sin?

I believe most of it is Jewish mythology. Similar to Greek mythology.
Not mythology.
How about this:
The Hebrews, and those that came after them, had discovered this new God.
A monotheistic God that had great power.
God commanded many actions/incidents/rules, etc. in the OT.
Could it be that the Hebrews, and those that came after, began to attribute
everything that happened to God?

Truer words were never spoken.
We will never fully understand God but can only grasp what has been revealed to us,,,and I'd say the best revelation is Jesus.

All life is a gift from God, he creates life, he also ends all life.
There is no difference between someone dying in bed at a great age or in 5he prime of life violently. God gave and God took it away.
As for justice, the midianites incited the Israelites to desert God and were punished for that.

The incident with Balaam shows they knew about God, but did not serve him.
Didn't the Midianites serve the same God we do?
Could you provide some scripture please.

GodsGrace
Sorry but your transmitter is not allowed to go off air. LOL

You implied information. Please continue you thread. I and others will wait.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Very funny Eddif.

Did I imply information?
I doubt I know more than you do.

Sometimes information just escapes by speaking about something.
Please give your input into the topic.

Keep that transmitter open....
😁

I'm sorry Carry,
I'm not a stickler for staying on topic, but the above goes way over the intended discussion of the OP (me).

If others wish to reply, it's not a problem for me,
but I'd really rather not get into such a subject matter.
I just really have to bow out.
Sorry.
Isn’t the intended topic of the OP God’s character behind the “holocaust” of those Canaanites? I gave you a legit answer, that was a culling of monsters, not human beings made in God’s own image.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back