Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Have Tongues Ceased?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
His point is that people are edified when they understand language. People who have this gift know what they're saying,

1Co 14:4 - He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;.....But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church and let him speak to himself and to God. 1Cor.14:4,28 KJV

God simply meant He has mercy on those who humble themselves.

to him that is poor and of a contrites pirit and trembleth at my word. Isa.66:2 KJV

Many resist Gods' grace,

ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Act.7:51 KJV
1 Corinthians 14:4

a tongue. Again (as in 1Co_14:2), Paul uses the singular to refer to the pagan counterfeit gibberish and sarcastically (cf. 1Co_14:16; 1Co_4:8-10 for other sarcasm) marks its selfishness as some kind of self-edification. This illicit building up of self comes from pride-induced emotion which only produces more pride.

The Baptism of the Spirit as it so taged, is real.
Now how each member/group employs this gift is wide variance. I've never seen a interpretaion.
God has to give the development of the gift.,,, I see pastor speaking in tongues when the verse says not to, unless a interpreter.
The Braownsville Assembly Revival. all fake a place of antichrist I visited that cult
The 2028 Outpouring will be different from the 1970;s, God is going to do something different
Now when it **breaks out** as we so call it in the 70;s.
You will see some groups saying,, **ohh its in New Orleans,,, and last week it broke out in Atlanta,,** and so forth.. Some may get impatient and try to get a emotive gathering such as at Asbury and fake they hgave the Out Pouring, when in fact they have no patience, God sees, and refuses to send His Spirit. God sees the heart, and He will do something different from the 1970's Move of His Spirit.
DISCERN the spirits will be critical at this time. Look at how many got duped by the Bronwsville scam. many more will get duped this next season of the Out Pouring
Its bound to happen
Its the days we live in, Liars and scams all over. But those who do receive this Spirit, will know the truth

Reactions: JLB
The Baptism of the Spirit as it so taged, is real.
Now how each member/group employs this gift is wide variance. I've never seen a interpretaion.
God has to give the development of the gift.,,, I see pastor speaking in tongues when the verse says not to, unless a interpreter.
The Braownsville Assembly Revival. all fake a place of antichrist I visited that cult
The 2028 Outpouring will be different from the 1970;s, God is going to do something different
Now when it **breaks out** as we so call it in the 70;s.
You will see some groups saying,, **ohh its in New Orleans,,, and last week it broke out in Atlanta,,** and so forth.. Some may get impatient and try to get a emotive gathering such as at Asbury and fake they hgave the Out Pouring, when in fact they have no patience, God sees, and refuses to send His Spirit. God sees the heart, and He will do something different from the 1970's Move of His Spirit.
DISCERN the spirits will be critical at this time. Look at how many got duped by the Bronwsville scam. many more will get duped this next season of the Out Pouring
Its bound to happen
Its the days we live in, Liars and scams all over. But those who do receive this Spirit, will know the truth
So, how do you know it come from His Spirit, and not from sinful flesh?

So, how do you know it come from His Spirit, and not from sinful flesh?

It would take a longgg post to share what led up to my going to that Catholic Charasmatic Meeting in Metairie that night. Longgg story.
To describe the months, years, days leading up to my decidion to go, is too long to share
This was super celestial. I saw the spirit move starting at the front of the crowd and moving down through the gathering,,when it hit me, I felt a powerful force start in my belly and up gushed speaking in tongues,, Forgot to say, at the beginning they were singing and raising their arms,, so I decided to raise my arms too, as I raised, the spirit at that moment startinmg moving from the front and struck me, up gusy a unspeakable joy,, after the song i ran out through the gack door to the rest room, and looked in the mirror, my face beaming with unspeakable joy.
My friard who brought me, said my face was glowing on the way home.,
Flesh?
No man the baptism of the spirit comes from God. Not sinful flseh.
When you receive you will know exactly what I experienced.
Its not far off, 2027/28ish.
I can intuit some of the same far out ideas will infiiltrate this move as did the 70;s That move was completely fruitless on a group scale, maybe a few made good of this gift. But the disasters were evident. bad real bad.
Of my neighborhood in Gentilly Woods, Only mark, AJ, Ron (friend who brought me) and myself received the spirit.
Just 4 of hundreds from my neighborhood.
The Move died out early 80's mid 80's it was pretty much over
Brwonsville was all fraud
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownsville_Revival

This 2028 out pouring I am expecting God to be very gracious as He knows the evil days we are living in. That God would mercifully grant us gifts of interpretations of tongues, gifts of prophesy, gifts of healing, But most of all, above all, the gift of Agape. This is the gift that bonds a assembly as One, and United to God's love.
w.o Agape, the gifts 1st off can not operate, or if they do, bring forth no fruits.
I learned this from one of my many scholarly nooks on my shelf,, I will share the summary of that article.
The author says Agape is the supreme gift that God can grant, over and above all the gifts,
This i believe and know is true.
I'd rather be part of a group bonded in Agape than have all the gifts manifest.
The most rarest of all human qualities on earth today Agape.
This is why Yeshua and all the entire NT emphasises over and overe,,,and over Agape. and over again.

It would take a longgg post to share what led up to my going to that Catholic Charasmatic Meeting in Metairie that night. Longgg story.
To describe the months, years, days leading up to my decidion to go, is too long to share
This was super celestial. I saw the spirit move starting at the front of the crowd and moving down through the gathering,,when it hit me, I felt a powerful force start in my belly and up gushed speaking in tongues,, Forgot to say, at the beginning they were singing and raising their arms,, so I decided to raise my arms too, as I raised, the spirit at that moment startinmg moving from the front and struck me, up gusy a unspeakable joy,, after the song i ran out through the gack door to the rest room, and looked in the mirror, my face beaming with unspeakable joy.
My friard who brought me, said my face was glowing on the way home.,
Flesh?
No man the baptism of the spirit comes from God. Not sinful flseh.
When you receive you will know exactly what I experienced.
Its not far off, 2027/28ish.
I can intuit some of the same far out ideas will infiiltrate this move as did the 70;s That move was completely fruitless on a group scale, maybe a few made good of this gift. But the disasters were evident. bad real bad.
Of my neighborhood in Gentilly Woods, Only mark, AJ, Ron (friend who brought me) and myself received the spirit.
Just 4 of hundreds from my neighborhood.
The Move died out early 80's mid 80's it was pretty much over
Brwonsville was all fraud
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownsville_Revival
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.
I will try to find time to share more how , or what led up to my deciding to attend the CC meeting.

This thought came to mind as I was cleaning the gutters., when the Move of God's Spirit is taking place, and i visit a assembly,, and wow they testify, look at all out gifts manifested,, healings and all,, well after spendinga few days w the group,, I will be looking for the manifestion of Agape,. Its not apparent, God will give me dreams, and let me know whats going on.
He always does.
Whatever group I visit, I have a dream that sums up some things going on unseen, underneath.
God is seeking souls that are diligent in Agape,
Why?
well read the news.
God wants to reveal His nature through those who Follow Yeshua.
Gifts will pass away, Agape is , ,, well now i can justify this woprd, aeons of the aeons of the aons,
Forever and ever,,and ever,,, ETERNAL.
Only for this one instance.
((although you know I do not accept the word Aeon as for ever))
You see I can come around and accept the hypothesis / the idea of afterlife as
forever and ever.
Agape is eternal forever,,,
So we , as a identity are not forever,
its the Agape we practiced while on earth that lives on forever.

So we , as a identity are not forever,
its the Agape we practiced while on earth that lives on forever.
We will be known in Heaven as we are on earth . I will look for you YeshuaGlory :clap.

Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Matthew 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
Matthew 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

Genesis 11:1 kjv
1. And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

Daniel 5:25 kjv
25. And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
26. This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.
27. TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
28. PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
29. Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom.

The seed is The Word of God
The ground is men’s hearts

Mississippi redneck
eddif

1 Corinthians 14:4

a tongue. Again (as in 1Co_14:2), Paul uses the singular to refer to the pagan counterfeit gibberish and sarcastically (cf. 1Co_14:16; 1Co_4:8-10 for other sarcasm) marks its selfishness as some kind of self-edification. This illicit building up of self comes from pride-induced emotion which only produces more pride.
Since Paul said the person speaking in a foreign language only edifies himself (unles someone can interpret for the congregation, the tongue being spoken was a legetimate language.
Paul never meant to imply the speaker was using a language unheard of on earth. He meant in the congregation.

Some of you I see have doubts and misunderstandings.
Not sure why the doubts,
The Misunderstandings about the gift, , OK, no issues there. Just keep reading maybe your Q's will find a satisfactory answer

Thats why I wrote the above
bc I knew a response was comming.
Seek and you will find
The answers to your Q's
I just go by what the Bible teaches and all the years experience around pentecostal/charismatic.

Many have tried to convince me. The Bible tells me different.

Grace and peace to you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back