Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Homeless folk?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Lots of houses for sale in the USA for sub 100k. In other areas they sell for $1 million. Varies by region. Florida seems to be somewhat pricey. Maybe partly the hurricane codes, as you suggested.

Trailers on land can be found for sub 100k in much of the country too. Apparently not in Florida though. Pollution codes. Zoning makes a difference. Some areas are merciful to the poor, and allow inexpensive buildings. Especially for the elderly. Other areas only allow expensive buildings.

Lots of houses for sale in the USA for sub 100k. In other areas they sell for $1 million. Varies by region. Florida seems to be somewhat pricey. Maybe partly the hurricane codes, as you suggested.

Trailers on land can be found for sub 100k in much of the country too. Apparently not in Florida though. Pollution codes. Zoning makes a difference. Some areas are merciful to the poor, and allow inexpensive buildings. Especially for the elderly. Other areas only allow expensive buildings.
Old homes?new cars cost half that aND those aren't bmws,etc here abd elsewhere.

We have that here,it's called these
Habitat homes,under 100 grand
St.Francis Manor,
Abd ever home has a price.

Habitat homes are under 80 grand ,but you must work and make enough, these are wood frame homes and up to codes you caNT build a home and bypass codes abd call that solving the problems.

I was talking about you by yourself without the above aid. We house veterans in all of those.

The under 100K houses are usually in rural areas...so the opportunities to find work are slim and none.

As far as this discussion goes, I can see there are many closed minds here...and as one who managed to survive a few bouts of homelessness, all I can say is it's easy to sit in judgment when you haven't been there. I pray you never find yourself in that situation, but it can happen to anyone.

Old homes?new cars cost half that aND those aren't bmws,etc here abd elsewhere.

My new car only cost about $22,500. You can get a new small car for about $15,000. I considered buying a Chevy that sold for that price, but decided that since I am a tall man that I need the extra headroom and seat height of a SUV.

Habitat homes,under 100 grand

Yes, habitat is great. Its a step in the right direction. The Amish band together to help each other build new homes. People helping each other is good.

Habitat homes are under 80 grand ,but you must work and make enough, these are wood frame homes and up to codes you caNT build a home and bypass codes abd call that solving the problems.

No, people can't bypass code. However, people can vote in sensible code. If homes cost sub $100k in some areas, there is no good reason homes can't cost that much in most other areas. They used to build modest Levitt homes that were perfectly fine, and the cost was maybe $70k in CPI adjusted dollars. It can be done.

My new car only cost about $22,500. You can get a new small car for about $15,000. I considered buying a Chevy that sold for that price, but decided that since I am a tall man that I need the extra headroom and seat height of a SUV.

Yes, habitat is great. Its a step in the right direction. The Amish band together to help each other build new homes. People helping each other is good.

No, people can't bypass code. However, people can vote in sensible code. If homes cost sub $100k in some areas, there is no good reason homes can't cost that much in most other areas. They used to build modest Levitt homes that were perfectly fine, and the cost was maybe $70k in CPI adjusted dollars. It can be done.
A suv for a family isn't going to be under 30 grand.a small car ,which monica bought and sent back was more then 12 grand abd too small.barely able to fit her aMD kid's two door .used cars are higher then years ago.

A suv for a family isn't going to be under 30 grand.a small car ,which monica bought and sent back was more then 12 grand abd too small.barely able to fit her aMD kid's two door .used cars are higher then years ago.

Yes, that's true. Bankers are printing outrageous hidden inflation. The CPI is nonsensical. The average person is moving backward.

Voters can vote for a measure of sensibleness, if they really want to. Its not something so mysterious that only special interest groups can demand input on. There are unnecessary elements to the code in many regions the lead to extra cost.

Last edited:
Sad fact is that I have lived in most of the expensive places and have visited GA. (Where two of the cheapest places are)
I currently live in TN but in Nashville....I've been to Jackson. I think Memphis is trying to work it's way there by means of the suburbs.
And West Virginia?
It's an armpit.
The only place worse is that section of Connecticut.

A person's life does not consist of their possessions.

Foxes have holes, birds have nests but The Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

Just saying that often we measure ourselves by our possessions. The poor are not immune from this either. Mankind as a whole has been doing it since it's fall from the Garden...it was the reason for the fall from the Garden in Eden. That whole "wanting more" thing.

"wanting more" ?

OK...being -homeless- is not a state of mind. Its an obvious state of deprivation and extreme vulnerability, especially in American culture. The homeless are often victimized, brutalized.

Poverty is a very real social problem. The "have nots" in the US, in particular, end up having difficult lives. Not to be too hard on American culture--there's extreme poverty in other nations, too, with absolutely no safety net in place--but compared to say, the UK or Canada, the US is not doing much at all to help the poor or even the very poor. In fact, since Bill Clinton (the "Democrat") signed so-called "Welfare Reform" into law in 1996, -deep poverty- in the US has grown. Meanwhile, the rich and very rich are getting more and more tax cuts, overall inequality is growing, and the working class is being damaged by drug epidemics.

Its...crazy, to me...especially since 9/11, the US somehow has limitless funds for endless wars against anybody and everybody, but we've got tons of homeless people, people living on the edge of nothing, and a shrinking middle class. Oh, and the US also somehow has the funds for prisons...lots and lots of prisons, many of them privately owned by shady corporations...but now the GOP wants poor people to meet work requirements for Medicaid, for food stamps, for...anything.

What we have now in the US is sort of like The Gilded Age 2.0, only...worse. Inequality is -deeply- entrenched now, and the culture has shifted so far to the right that basic progressive concepts are derided as "libtard" nonsense, etc., even when they're solidly backed by quality data. There's also this ridiculous situation -within- the church in which poor people are despised and hated, punished. Keep in mind; Jesus -was- poor, and He died a poor criminal's death, on The Cross, so that we may have "life, and that more abundantly."

The rich have limited patience for taxes, so keeping prices moderate is essential if a reasonable number of people are to be helped. Including military prices. Paying a trillion dollars for a handful of planes and ships will tax the patience of the rich, even those who support defense.

Paying twice as much for medical care as Europe, Canada, Australia, etc... means only half as many people can be helped. The US rich are not going to pay twice the taxes that Europe charges. Same with housing. The rich will not pay $1 million to house a single indigent person.

Last edited:
OK...being -homeless- is not a state of mind. Its an obvious state of deprivation and extreme vulnerability, especially in American culture. The homeless are often victimized, brutalized.

As long as "the powers that be", including most Christians see being poor as a moral failing (and the racist undertones within that line of thought), nothing of substance will be done about the problem. Yes, there's plenty of money for war, which appeals to those who desire to have "The American Way of Life" exported around the world, however, people dying of lack of medical care, shelter, proper food within the US are thought of as those who have some sort of moral failing. As I tell the "pro-life" crowd, if you're "pro-life" and ok with people dying for lack of medical care, you're not really "pro-life" at all. If you want that child born only to deny it any chance at a decent life, you're not pro-life at all, you're pro-fetus and pro-birth.

Millions of people drive to work everyday to pay taxes and the establishment places high taxes on gasoline.

Taxing people while they on there way to pay tax.

Anything to maximise.

All that CO and 2

Last edited:
Back