Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I always try to look at where we do agree on things, cause I have agreements with everyone and disagreements with everyone.

Sidenote: you had mentioned earlier in the thread about love being expressed through the Son. That actually gave me a wonderful revelation about my own children. If it was only me, I wouldn't know the depths that my love can go. I see my children different because of your viewpoint from God's viewpoint.
I've noticed that about you, as well as others here. You and others are a true blessing both to me and others.

I'm glad you found a glimmer of beauty in the expression of love we are invited into.

A Russian Orthodox Christian painted this picture and I think it captures the Trinity beautifully.

They are in a circle looking at one another at the Table (Eucharist) and there is space at the table. They are in a circle because they are co-equal. When one is honored, all are honored. Father, Son and Holy Spirit in harmony, and we are invited to the Table and join into that rest.

Trinity.jpg

Is Jesus seated at the right hand of God the Father, or is it just Him by Himself on the Throne?

32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
Acts 2:32-33

• God the Father is on the throne.
  • Jesus Christ the Son of God is seated at His right hand
  • The Holy Spirit is poured out onto the earth.

Jesus Christ will leave the Throne in Heaven, and return with the saints to earth, and take His throne in Jerusalem.
His feet will stand on the mount of olives.

• God the Father will remain seated upon His throne, as that is one of His titles: He who sat upon the Throne

Read the description of Him who sits upon the throne in revelation 4 -

2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

6 Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy,holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”
Revelation 4:2-8

Jesus will return and sit as King over the whole earth.

Zechariah 14:1,4,5,16-17

• Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst. vs 1
  • And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, vs 4
  • Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You. vs 5

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.

JLB

Hebrews 1:3
He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

So yes. Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father. So you have the Father and you have the Son who is One with the Father, and they are both seated on the throne of God.

He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

So yes. Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father. So you have the Father and you have the Son who is One with the Father, and they are both seated on the throne of God.

Glad you finally agree that Jesus is our great God and Savior.

JLB

Glad you finally agree that Jesus is our great God and Savior.

JLB

I said they are One.

I believe the Father is greater than all. John 10:29 And a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. John 13:16

Last edited:
I said they are One.

I believe the Father is greater than all. John 10:29 And a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. John 13:16
And this is the beauty and the core of the Trinity. When there is unity and harmony, it's not about who is greater. Jesus exemplified this when he became flesh, and dwelt among us. By way of example. He washed the feet of the deciples, and called them friend.

I said they are One.

Do you believe Jesus is the servant of His Father, or His only begotten Son?

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2 Peter 1:1

Did God the Father die on the cross, or did the only begotten Son of God?

Is Jesus the Son of God coming with the saints, or is God the Father?

Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5

If Jesus is not the Lord God, then what is He?

JLB

So if the Son can (somehow) "uphold the Universe by the Word of His Power," doesn't that openly proclaim Him as also being God? I certainly can't do that.

Nor do I believe the aspect of Jesus of Nazareth that is fully human can do that, either. There can remain some mystery as to how this can be, and that's ok. Or God can choose to reveal some partial amount of understanding to us on the matter, but I don't think anyone can fully understand this, in this lifetime.

And this is the beauty and the core of the Trinity. When there is unity and harmony, it's not about who is greater. Jesus exemplified this when he became flesh, and dwelt among us. By way of example. He washed the feet of the deciples, and called them friend.

His example, is humility. Not competing against the Father! Leave that stuff back with Jacob, lol

Do you believe Jesus is the servant of His Father, or His only begotten Son?

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2 Peter 1:1

Did God the Father die on the cross, or did the only begotten Son of God?

Is Jesus the Son of God coming with the saints, or is God the Father?

Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5

If Jesus is not the Lord God, then what is He?

JLB

Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God - who can the living God be? He is the Father. Jesus is the Son. Jesus found himself in the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. Phil. 2:7

Paul calls him the mystery of God in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Col. 2:2,3

Paul said, " through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead." The Father raised him from the dead. The Father made us alive together with him. Col.2:13

It's about time we thank the Father for giving us Jesus.

If the Lord Jesus sits at the right hand of the Majesty, then how can he be the Majesty?

Paul said, Colossians 1:19
For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

That's the way I see it.

This would make him the temple of the living God.

Last edited:
If the Lord Jesus sits at the right hand of the Majesty, then how can he be the Majesty?
I liked your above post because you said that the Father and the Son are One. I also agree that the Son never said he is equal to the Father, but I disagree with your premise that the Son is not God. If I'm understanding you correctly.

John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus) was with God (the Father), and the Word (Jesus) was God. He was with God (the Father) in the beginning.

I liked your above post because you said that the Father and the Son are One. I also agree that the Son never said he is equal to the Father, but I disagree with your premise that the Son is not God. If I'm understanding you correctly.

John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus) was with God (the Father), and the Word (Jesus) was God. He was with God (the Father) in the beginning.
This does seem to be a hurdle that many struggle with. I figure it is easily understood, although difficult to explain, when I realize of whom it is that we are talking about. It is God nonetheless and with God anything is possible, even that which we may consider impossible.

I'm talking about who is greater.

God spoke the Word. In that sense the Word was God. That's the way I take it.

God spoke the Word. In that sense the Word was God. That's the way I take it.
So it's not a far stretch to say that Jesus is God, because "your" words are you? They come from your heart.

Matthew 15:15-18 Peter said, "Explain the parable to us." Are you still so dull? whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean'.

His example, is humility. Not competing against the Father! Leave that stuff back with Jacob, lol
Very true. I've said this earlier, and I think somebody else mentioned this as well, but it bears repeatiing.
In deuteronomy 6:4, it says the LORD (YHVH, singular) our GOD (Elohiem, plural) is one ( ehhad, part of a whole, unity).
We see the word one in many places, but within Hebrew thought, it is not treated as a number, but as a part of the whole.
We see this with Adam and Eve, where they are ehhad.

This article should satisfy even the most academic among us. It's very insightful. And even explains verses that have been used in these discussions.

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/m/articles_one.html

So it's not a far stretch to say that Jesus is God, because "your" words are you? They come from your heart.

Matthew 15:15-18 Peter said, "Explain the parable to us." Are you still so dull? whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean'.

Your words come from you, but I wouldn't say they are you. "The Word was God" answers the question, Who spoke the Word?

It's about time we thank the Father for giving us Jesus.

I do this everyday.

Do you confess Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God the Father to be:

• The Lord God

• A man: a created being

JLB

Your words come from you, but I wouldn't say they are you. "The Word was God" answers the question, Who spoke the Word?

"The Word was God" answers the question of who is the Word, and also the question of who is God. It does not address the question of who spoke the Word; rather, it tells us this particular Word exists eternally without beginning. "The word" here is logos, which was a highly developed concept before anything in the NT was ever written. Treating that whole concept the way you are, with nothing but a modern English vernacular usage of "the word," misses the entire point of what Scripture is telling us.

This is correctable! Here's a little linky to get you started, and I expect others here can point you to resources that go MUCH more in-depth:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/logos

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back