Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How is a biblical conflict solved?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus was the Word.
The Word was with God.
And was God.
But not after taking on flesh.
God is Spirit.

God has no blood to shed, as He is Spirit.
The Word took on flesh, and His blood washed away our sins at baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
God cannot die.
What exactly are you suggesting here?
You seem to be suggesting that when the second person of the Trinity (God) took flesh he was no longer God.
Where does it say that in scripture?

She is the mother of Jesus.
Jesus is God
Therefore Mary is the mother of God.
I can't agree with this language.

Jesus is/was fully man and fully God.
She is the mother of the incarnate Jesus.
The incarnate Jesus was a man.
Therefore, Mary is the mother of the man, Jesus.

The Son of God always existed.
The 2nd Person of the Trinity always existed.
Jesus did not always exist...He was born 2,000 years ago.
This is why He was 100% human and 100% divine.
The Son and the 2nd Person are 100% divine only.

Jesus, as Jesus, did not always exist.
I rather look at it as Jesus, the man, did not always exist. Maybe we mean the same thing?

Wouldn't it be correct to say that Mary is the mother of the Word?
Nah, as that is as incorrect as mother of God.
Both have always been.
She is the mother of Jesus.
Right.
The Mother of the Word also seems wrong.
The Mother of Jesus is good.
But how does that show His divinity?

I rather look at it as Jesus, the man, did not always exist. Maybe we mean the same thing?
Yes, that's what I mean exactly.
Jesus the man did not always exist.

But how do we get the DIVINE in there??
But I don't like Mother of God either...
It sounds like God Father had a mother.

I agree with this to the extent that Jesus did not dwell in the form Paul describes in Philippians 2:7-8 prior to him being sent to earth. That form is what was birthed through Mary, not his divinity. Mary is not the mother of God. God has no beginning and no end that God should at some point be born. 'Mary the mother of God' is a play on words that has no meaning. It's a deceitful phrase to fool people without the Spirit into worshipping her instead of the Godhead.
Agreed.
Mary gave to Jesus His humanity.
His father is God...Luke 1:35....The Spirit of the Lord will come upon you...

But wasn't the divine part of Jesus also in her womb?
I do think about this at times,,,I'm not totally convinced of either way because I see the problem with both concepts.

Jesus was the Word.
The Word was with God.
And was God.
But not after taking on flesh.
God is Spirit.

God has no blood to shed, as He is Spirit.
The Word took on flesh, and His blood washed away our sins at baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
God cannot die.
But then you're beginning to question Jesus' divinity....

I can't agree with this language.

Jesus is/was fully man and fully God.
She is the mother of the incarnate Jesus.
The incarnate Jesus was a man.
Therefore, Mary is the mother of the man, Jesus.
You seem to be trying to split Jesus into two persons.
Jesus the God
Jesus the human

You can say that Mary is the mother of Jesus in his humanity but wrong to deny that means Mary is the mother of God.
God was born of Mary: “God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law” (Gal 4:4).
That makes Mary the mother of God.

You seem to be trying to split Jesus into two persons.
Jesus the God
Jesus the human

You can say that Mary is the mother of Jesus in his humanity but wrong to deny that means Mary is the mother of God.
God was born of Mary: “God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law” (Gal 4:4).
That makes Mary the mother of God.
Such is the mystery of the Trinity.

I don't believe in eternal unconditional security - (OSAS)
I believe a person could forfeit their salvation by apostacy, or abandoning God at some point in their life.

So I posted 3 different verse:
One states that we were saved (when we first believed)
One that we are being saved (as we continue to worship God)
And one that we will be saved (in the future at the time of death.

Only at that time will we know if we held fast to our faith, so I agree with you that we are to endure to the end.

I agree but we will not discuss OSAS.

SALVATION – delivered from sin, promise of our welfare brought about by faith in Christ Jesus.

Salvation means to be whole mind, body and soul as we surrender our will to God and allow his will to work in our lives by applying Gods word to every aspect of our lives. This allows us to know the mind of Christ and all the promises of God for our own well being so we can face anything that tries to come against us while here on this earth so we can triumph and be victorious through the grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Grace pardons us and mercy loves us unconditionally.

If we are walking in faith being obedient to God's commands then we should never have to question our faith and holding on to it till the end where we will be saved from the lake of fire. As long by faith we endure all the trials and tribulations that come against us and trust God in all things then this completes our salvation when Christ returns for now we are working out our salvation by remaining in God's will and not our own, Colossians 3:1-4.

It's no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me, Galatians 2:20​

The Son of God always existed.
Jesus did not always exist...He was born 2,000 years ago.
This is why He was 100% human and 100% divine.
The Son and the 2nd Person are 100% divine only.

Jesus, as Jesus, did not always exist.
Let me try an edit on this .

The Word always existed .
Jesus did not always exist ... He was born 2,000 years ago.
This is why He is 100% human and 100% divine.
The Word and the 2nd Person are 100% divine.

Jesus, as Jesus , did not always exist.

Not sure if I am all in on my edit .:lol

What exactly are you suggesting here?
You seem to be suggesting that when the second person of the Trinity (God) took flesh he was no longer God.
Where does it say that in scripture?
Where does it say it isn't fact?
As Jesus didn't exist until 2000 some years ago, how could He be the eternal God?
It was the Word that took flesh, not God.

Right.
The Mother of the Word also seems wrong.
The Mother of Jesus is good.
But how does that show His divinity?
Does it need to show His divinity?
God was His Father, so how much more divine does He need to be?
I thank God for giving us the same nature as Jesus since our rebirths from Gods seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back