Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Impossible Questions For Trinitarians

Fat,

Thomas said "My Lord and my "theos."

If you believe that theos can only refer to Almighty God then please explain 2 Corinthians 4:4 where Satan is also referred to as a "theos."

You mentioned Luke 4 where Christ is tempted by Satan (BTW, God cannot be tempted, James 1:13), it also states in Luke 4:8,

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ â€Â

Jesus Christ himself gave instruction concerning WHO is to be worshipped and he deliberately excluded himself because he is a son and therefore cannot be the same being as his Father (a contradiction in terms).

The Messiah said we are to "Worship the Lord our God and Him only shall we serve."

Notice also that Jesus Christ did not "pull rank" on Satan and over power him through the use of authority as only the true living God could. Instead, he quoted his Father's written word and that alone could not be overcome by Satan.

If Christ were God, he would not quote himself! He would simply speak and it would be so. However, no man has either seen or heard God at any time (John 1:18, John 5:37, 1 John 4:12), thus Christ cannot be the same being as God the Father.

Every response, every objection, every attempt at explaining the Trinity results in its exposure as biblically and rationally and textually impossible. The Bible texts consistantly demonstrate the perfect logic and truth that rational Biblical theism is subordinationist Unitarian.

A simple question concerning what is written in Scripture proves to be impossible to answer from a Trinitarian perspective.

The inspired written word of God is truth and cannot be overcome.

R7-12

R7-12 said:
If Christ and God are the same being, how can Christ receive revelation from God?
Solo said:
Until you become a born of the Spirit believer, you will not understand the Godhead.
The implication here is that you consider yourself to be a so-called “born of the Spirit believer†(which in my opinion is a logical impossibility because you are still flesh - see John 3:6), be that as it may, you infer that you do understand the Godhead.

Therefore, please explain in simple terms (we subordinationist Unitarians are simple folk) If Christ and God are the same being, how can Christ receive revelation from God?

R7-12

R7-12 said:
Fat,

Thomas said "My Lord and my "theos."

If you believe that theos can only refer to Almighty God then please explain 2 Corinthians 4:4 where Satan is also referred to as a "theos."

You mentioned Luke 4 where Christ is tempted by Satan (BTW, God cannot be tempted, James 1:13), it also states in Luke 4:8,

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ â€Â

Jesus Christ himself gave instruction concerning WHO is to be worshipped and he deliberately excluded himself because he is a son and therefore cannot be the same being as his Father (a contradiction in terms).

The Messiah said we are to "Worship the Lord our God and Him only shall we serve."

Notice also that Jesus Christ did not "pull rank" on Satan and over power him through the use of authority as only the true living God could. Instead, he quoted his Father's written word and that alone could not be overcome by Satan.

If Christ were God, he would not quote himself! He would simply speak and it would be so. However, no man has either seen or heard God at any time (John 1:18, John 5:37, 1 John 4:12), thus Christ cannot be the same being as God the Father.

Every response, every objection, every attempt at explaining the Trinity results in its exposure as biblically and rationally and textually impossible. The Bible texts consistantly demonstrate the perfect logic and truth that rational Biblical theism is subordinationist Unitarian.

A simple question concerning what is written in Scripture proves to be impossible to answer from a Trinitarian perspective.

The inspired written word of God is truth and cannot be overcome.

R7-12

It says:
Thomas replied to him, “My Lord and my God!â€Â

Here is a cut and paste from someone that knows more about the Greek than I.
Should Thomas’ exclamation be understood as two subjects with the rest of the sentence omitted (“My Lord and my God has truly risen from the deadâ€Â), as predicate nominatives (“You are my Lord and my Godâ€Â), or as vocatives (“My Lord and my God!â€Â)? Probably the most likely is something between the second and third alternatives. It seems that the second is slightly more likely here, because the context appears confessional. Thomas’ statement, while it may have been an exclamation, does in fact confess the faith which he had previously lacked, and Jesus responds to Thomas’ statement in the following verse as if it were a confession. With the proclamation by Thomas here, it is difficult to see how any more profound analysis of Jesus’ person could be given. It echoes 1:1 and 1:14 together: The Word was God, and the Word became flesh (Jesus of Nazareth). The Fourth Gospel opened with many other titles for Jesus: the Lamb of God (1:29, 36); the Son of God (1:34, 49); Rabbi (1:38); Messiah (1:41); the King of Israel (1:49); the Son of Man (1:51). Now the climax is reached with the proclamation by Thomas, “My Lord and my God,†and the reader has come full circle from 1:1, where the author had introduced him to who Jesus was, to 20:28, where the last of the disciples has come to the full realization of who Jesus was. What Jesus had predicted in John 8:28 had come to pass: “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he†(Grk “I amâ€Â). By being lifted up in crucifixion (which led in turn to his death, resurrection, and exaltation with the Father) Jesus has revealed his true identity as both Lord (?????? [kurios], used by the LXX to translate Yahweh) and God (???? [qeos], used by the LXX to translate Elohim).
I don't know if the greek characters will come out here but we will see.

John also used the word theh'-os in:
joh 13:31   
When therefore he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in Him; 32 if God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and will glorify Him immediately.

If you're going to rewrite the Bible you just go ahead and have it say whatever you want.. Now boys and girls out there in cyberspace goto http://bible.crosswalk.com/ and check every translation of the Bible you can and report back to us.

Fat

Ears that hear

Fat,

You may choose to not obey the law of God but at least have some respect for man's law when it comes to copyright. If you're going to quote someone else, at least have the respect to give them credit and to follow accepted copyright practices whether the writer is Bassam Zawadi or anyone else.

BTW, the quote you offered from Zawadi does not address the use of the Greek word theos in the NT which is the equivalent of the Hebrew elohim.

The fact that you refuse to answer directly a single question asked of you concerning your claims and what is written, considerably reduces your credibility as someone who claims to be a follower of the principles of the Bible.

R7-12

R7-12 said:
Fat,

You may choose to not obey the law of God but at least have some respect for man's law when it comes to copyright. If you're going to quote someone else, at least have the respect to give them credit and to follow accepted copyright practices whether the writer is Bassam Zawadi or anyone else.

BTW, the quote you offered from Zawadi does not address the use of the Greek word theos in the NT which is the equivalent of the Hebrew elohim.
I don't really know who wrote the quote but if Mr Zawadi wrote the net bible then I guess the credit is his. He is right.

As far as me obeying God is that a reference to your continued orders you throw around to myself and others on this thread?

R7-12 said:
The fact that you refuse to answer directly a single question asked of you concerning your claims and what is written, considerably reduces your credibility as someone who claims to be a follower of the principles of the Bible.

R7-12

Credibility, credibility LOL.

Heres some more non-credible Bible stuff for you:

Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Hey wait Christ said:

Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

But you can't accept that can you?

1 Cor 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Hey have a nice 4th. I'm going to follow Gods law and shake the dust off of my shoes and robe.
P.S. get rid of that NWT.

Fat
See you guys on another thread Maybe we can talk about baptism in the name of the Trinity.

YHWH and Y'Shua

Hi guys,

I would like to throw in no more than a nickles worth right now, if I may.

R7-12, you are correct when you see the Father and the Son as two separate personages, as it is with every father and son who ever existed.

Jesus said His Father is greater than He in Jn.14:28, and in another place, that His Father is the only true God, in Jn.17:3. Don't misunderstand me though, if Jesus didn't think He was God, He would have said His Father is the only God, would He not? How could Jesus give/baptize with the Holy Spirit [Mt.3:11 and Jn.20:21-22], heal the blind, the deaf and the terminally ill and raise them from the dead, if He was not God?

God called His Son, God in Ps.45:6-7 and in Isa.7:14 [Immanuel], which was repeated in Mt.1:23 and in Heb.1:8-9.

That Jesus said He and His Father are one, in Jn.10:30 and again in 17:21-22, is a spiritual fact, not a physical one. Are we believers one in Christ? Are we also separate individual and unique personages? Indeed we are. Paul made that clear in 1 Cor.12:12-13. We are all one through the one Spirit.

For the 'autobiography' of the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus beginnings, see Pr.8:22-36. Which will reveal He is not co-eternal with God nor is He co-equal by His own statements. It also confirms the remarks in Isa.43:6 and 44:10, there was no other God in the OT, except the Holy Spirit, who is God.
Jesus stated that God is the Spirit as did Paul in 2 Cor.3:17-18, Col.1:15 and John said as much in 1 Jn.4:12. Is there any question that this Spirit is Holy or not? He said He is in Lev.11:44.

Therefore, since God is the Holy Spirit, He has to also be, the Father of Jesus Christ, per Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35. As all the apostles greeted both in every epistle in the Bible. So how does this description of God compare to the trinitarian view?

The Scriptures reveal that the Father and the Holy Spirit are ONE PERSONAGE, not two. It also reveals the Son, Jesus, incarnated by the Holy Spirit through the virgin Mary, is also God, but a completely separate personage, but made one through the Holy Spirit. Jesus said and did only what His Father taught Him, as seen in Jn.8:28.

Hope this proves to be a little enlightening.

In HIs love,

Quasar

So, what are you saying; that you believe in a 'twinity'? Is this the 'Binitarian' thing that was mentioned earlier.

I believe that we are to simply accept the 'simplicity' that IS Christ. Nothing more, nothing less.

R7-12 said:
[quote="R7-12":a995b]If Christ and God are the same being, how can Christ receive revelation from God?
Solo said:
Until you become a born of the Spirit believer, you will not understand the Godhead.
The implication here is that you consider yourself to be a so-called “born of the Spirit believer†(which in my opinion is a logical impossibility because you are still flesh - see John 3:6), be that as it may, you infer that you do understand the Godhead.

Therefore, please explain in simple terms (we subordinationist Unitarians are simple folk) If Christ and God are the same being, how can Christ receive revelation from God?

R7-12[/quote:a995b]
Your lack of being born of the Spirit is what causes your inability to understand Jesus teachings concerning being born of God, and seeing or entering the Kingdom of God. When you become born of God, you will know the Godhead, and be taught of the Holy Spirit.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.John 3:3-7

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9

The Word of God explains the duality that exists in a believer between the sinful flesh born of water, and the sinless new creature born of the Spirit.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. Romans 7:5-6

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:14-25

Those born of God are new creatures in a corrupt, mortal, sinful flesh that will be changed at the appearance of Jesus Christ. At that time the mortal will put on immortality, and the corrupt will put on incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57

Believers are admonished by the Word of God to walk in the spirit (new creature) so that the lusts of the flesh will not be fulfilled.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:16

Solo,
Solo said:
R7-12 said:
[quote="R7-12":6ff36]
If Christ and God are the same being, how can Christ receive revelation from God?
Solo said:

R7-12
Your lack of being born of the Spirit is what causes your inability to understand Jesus teachings concerning being born of God, and seeing or entering the Kingdom of God. When you become born of God, you will know the Godhead, and be taught of the Holy Spirit.[/quote:6ff36]
If my understanding depends upon what you insist I must do or experience, and until then I am not able to understand the Godhead, why do you continue in your false accusations and attacks against me? You claim I am at a disadvantage yet you abuse the position you claim to have over me.

Please tell me on what Biblical principles this kind of conduct is based.

The fact of the matter is you CANNOT know and are admonished from the Bible NOT to claim to know, my or anyone else’s position before God in Christ.

To do so makes you God over everyone whom you have judged. This you have done to me and others and hence place yourself in a position to be viewed as a false prophet and accuser of the brethren. Because you are not God but claim to have authority to judge over another, your words speak contrary to the law and the testimony (Isaiah 8:20) and risk establishing your position in opposition to the written word which your posts repeatedly infer.

Your unwillingness to answer simple, direct questions, and your repeated attempts at convincing others that they are not born of the Spirit, as you claim to be, and therefore do not have full understanding of the Godhead as you do, fully exposes the spirit behind such words and conduct.

The fact remains that you refuse to give a defense of your teaching of the Trinity in light of the questions posted on this thread, and instead, have chosen to attack those who disagree with you.

I will therefore ask you respectfully to change your ways and either contribute to this discussion in an edifying manner or leave it for those who wish to converse with others without having to respond to personal attacks and false accusations.

Let us rather choose peace, order, justice, truth, mercy and the love of God through His son the Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.

What sayest thou?

R7-12

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Shall we keep this question on the table for a little longer before moving on to the next one, just in case someone would like to make a serious attempt at answering it?

Or have you all conceded that this question cannot be properly, correctly, and decisively answered from the Trinitarian position?

R7-12

Those who do not believe that Jesus is God come in the flesh are deceived by the spirit of anti-christ.

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:1-3

When John the Baptist was declaring to be the voice in the wilderness preparing the way for Jehovah God, Jesus Christ as prophesied in Isaiah 40:3, John the Baptist said to the Pharisees and Saduccees who claimed to know God, "O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" (Matthew 3:1-12).

The Pharisees came unto Jesus at the Mount of Olives and claimed Abraham as their Father in reference to being God's children. Jesus explained that He was the light of the world, and that those that followed Him would not walk in darkness, but instead would have the light of life. The Pharisees declared Jesus' record as being false and that they were true. Jesus declared to those who claimed to be the children of God through Abraham, "Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also".
The Pharisees asked Jesus who his father was, and Jesus replied, "Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also". Jesus continued to promote the truth of Him being the redeemer by explaining that He was the one to die for the sins of those who believe. He also explained that those who thought that they were children of God through Abraham were going to die in their sins because they did not believe that Jesus was not of the world, but from above.
Jesus explains that He speaks of the things that he has heard from the Father while those that thought they were children of God because Abraham was their father. Jesus told them that satan was their father, and that Abraham was not. Jesus told them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." After saying this, the Pharisees recognized that Jesus was claiming to be God so they took up stones to stone him.

The Pharisees thought that they knew God but they denied the deity of Jesus. They saw Jesus as a man, not as God. Jesus claimed that they didn't know God because they didn't know Jesus. Those today who don't know Jesus as God, do not know God.

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. 19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. 20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.

21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. 22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. 48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? 49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me. 50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. 52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. 53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? 54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: 55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:12-59

Solo said:
Those who do not believe that Jesus is God come in the flesh are deceived by the spirit of anti-christ.

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:1-3

That doesn't say "Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh", but "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh". You misquote the litmus test of true orthodoxy here. What does that make you according to this? :o

*edited by Mod to add end-quote tag*

I recently wrote the following on another thread on this forum and now I see it is important to re-post it here.

What the Trinity attempts to do is elevate Messiah to co-equality with God until logical questions are raised concerning his sacrificial offer to God and his death. What was developed after the fourth century to appease those who questioned this man-made doctrine was the illogical and quite impossible assertion that Christ had two natures, which effectively separates him into two beings. This allows the Trinitarian teaching to provide Christ’s flesh only as an offering and not his life, while maintaining that he could still remain God on account of his divine nature.

This raises numerous Biblical dilemmas, not the least of which is an insufficient sacrifice which cannot be properly addressed within the framework of this theological absurdity called the Trinity.

Irenaeus was not confused in his mind between God and Christ and as we see from the quote below, the apostles likewise did not change God or Christ but taught that Christ was sent by God. Irenaeus says:

Hereby know ye the spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth Jesus Christ came in the flesh is of God; and every spirit which separates Jesus Christ is not of God but is of antichrist (Ch. XVI:8 quoting 1 John 4:1,2. Note: The Vulgate and Origen agree with Irenaeus, Tertullian seems to recognise both readings). Socrates says (VII:32, p. 381) that the passage had been corrupted by those who wished to separate the humanity of Christ from his divinity. Polycarp (Ep., c, vii) seems to agree with Irenaeus and so does Ignatius (Ep. Smyr., c,v) (see fn. to ANF, ibid., p. 443, quoting also Burton Ante-Nicene Testimonies to the Divinity of Christ).

Source: http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103316.htm

The attempt to separate Christ into two beings by asserting both a divine and a human nature, was clearly rejected by John and the other apostles and correctly identified by Iraneaus as antichrist, because it seeks to destroy who Messiah really was and alter his relationship to and with his Father.

The teaching is a fallacy and not supported by Scripture.

R7-12

The point of this thread is to offer Trinitarians an opportunity to provide an answer to a Bible-based question that challenges its validity.

It is alleged by the doctrine of the Trinity that the Godhead consists of three persons in one being. Therefore, if Christ and God are the same being, how is it possible for Christ to receive revelation from God, as it clearly states he did in Revelation 1:1?
R7-12

Well everyone,

So far those on this forum who hold to the doctrine of the Trinity have failed to provide any kind of response to the first question asked on this thread.

We will soon have to declare the doctrine of the Trinity impotent.

It has been proven to be unbiblical. It is contrary to the written word of God. This fact was known when the Athanasians first gained power under Constantine and the false doctrine proclaimed.

It was proven false long before this thread existed but has here been publically exposed.

If no reasonable response is posted over the next 24 hours, the first question will be verified as an "Impossible Question for Trinitarians to Answer" evidenced by this thread. We will then move on to Question 2.

R7-12

R7-12 said:
Question 1:

According to the doctrine of the Trinity, God is one being in three hypostases, or persons, as Father, Son and Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ is co-equal with the Father (and therefore omniscient), if this were biblically true how would it possible for the following to occur, as it so obviously does within the Bible narrative?

For Jesus Christ to receive revelation from God? Which is then received by John from Messiah.

Revelation 1:1 says that it is the Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to him to show his servants things which must shortly take place. And he sent and signified it by his angel to His servant John.

Just an observation....

In regard to Rev 1:1.....consider this....

1. Who are the servants servant to? God, Jesus, or both?
2. Is the angel mentioned, Jesus, or another messenger?
3. Who is the "he" and who is the "angel"...Is the "he" God, and the "angel" Christ?

sorry about drifting from the thread...your verse just caught my eye...I never considered it closely before.

The biblical Description of God

Hi friends,

The doctrine of the Trinity was originally based upon the very best understanding the church fathers could come up with in describing God, the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus, the Son, begnning in the 2nd century on until after the RCC was pushed by Constantine in the 4th century to decide which doctrine to adopt into the annals of the church, between Arianism or the triune Godhead, in which the infighting was fierce. The triune belief system was ratified into the annals of the church in the 5th century, even though both belief systems were/are frought with error.

So let's look closely at how the Word of God describes Himself, vs what the RCC has pushed onto the church for nearly 1,600 years, which will reveal what some of those errors are.

It is hard for me to understand anyone who does not believe that Jesus was/is God. How could it be possible for the Holy Spirit to father/incarnate the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus, through the virgin Mary, without receiving the deity of God? Lk.1:35. To be empowered to give/baptize with the Holy Spirit to all who receive Him as Lord? Mt.3:11, Mk.1:8, Lk.3:16, Jn.1:33, 3:16, 20:21-22, 1 Jn.3:24 and 1 Jn.4:13. To say nothing of performing 19 noteable miracles of healing the blind, the deaf, people with terminal illness and raising three from the dead? Do you think any ordinary human being could ever do that?

I do not believe in the false doctrine of the trinity, or the oneness theology, either. The following is God's description of Himself, directly from the Scriptures.

First of all, let me assure you that I am fully convinced that you all love the Lord! By the same token, you can be equally certain that I love Him too. With that having been said, the disagreement I have, and seek to correct, are the false teachings that have crept into the Christian Church since the 2nd century A.D.

It is necessary to first properly identify God, whom both Jesus, Paul and John have done, in Jn.4:24 and 2 Cor.3:17-18, Col.1:15 and 1 Jn.4:12, when they identify Him as the Spirit. Secondly, God, who is the Spirit, makes it clear that He is also Holy, in Lev.11:44, and is therefore obviously the HOLY SPIRIT.

In the third place, the fact that God is the Holy Spirit - He is also known as YHWH, Yahweh, Jehovah, Lord, Almighty God - as well as many other names and titles I will not further enumerate, as they are all quite well known to you all.

In the fourth place, God makes it clear in the OT, He is eternal, that there is no other God but He Himself. "....Before me no God was formed, nor will there be one after me." Isa.43:10. And in another place, "....I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God." Isa.44:6. See also Ex.3:14, "I AM WHO I AM." Therefore, the Spirit [Which He was until being incarnated] of the Son, could not have His deity during the OT at all or it would 'break the Scriptures.'

In the fifth place, now that it can be clearly seen from the Word of God, the Spirit of God - is indeed the Holy Spirit. With that having been stated, what about Jesus. Along with misconceptions of who the Holy Spirit is - the most important of all, is the description of Jesus.

Beginning in Proverbs 8, pertaining to the Wisdom of God, I refer specifically to the following portion of it in verses 22 through 36, that clearly identify the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus Christ, the WHO, of the Wisdom of God. [From the NIV]. The entire 8th chapter of Proverbs is about the wisdom of God; the amenities and the pitfalls, until the 22nd through the 36th vss, which then specifically refer to WHO THE WISDOM OF GOD IS.

"The Lord brought me forth as the first of His works, before His deed of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. When there were no oceans, I was given birth, [Vs 22-24]

when there were no springs abounding with water; before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth, before He made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world. [Vs 24-26]

I was there when He set the heavens in place, when He marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, when He established the clouds above and fixed securly the fountains of the deep, [Vs 27-28]

when He gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep His command, and when He marked out the foundations of the earth. Then I was the craftsman at His side. I was filled with delight day after day, [Vs 29-30]

rejoicing always in His presence, rejoicing in His whole world and delighting in mankind. Now then my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it. [Vs 30-33]

Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death." [Vs 34-35]. The above reveals the spirit of the pre-incarnated Jesus was created and is therefore not co-eternal with God as the man made Creeds claim and is not found anywhere in the Scriptures.

That Jesus is the Wisdom [Power and knowledge] of God is abundantly clear in 1 Cor.1:24 and Col.2:2-3

From the above, the Word of God clearly reveals the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus Christ was created and is therefore not 'co-eternal' with the Spirit of God, as God stated clearly in Isa.43:10 and 44:6. The same passage of Scripture also clearly reveals there are two 'personages' involved, not just one. God, whom the Scriptures reveal is the Holy Spirit, and the pre-incarnated Spirit of Jesus Christ. In the KJV, another example of the pre-incarnated Spirit of Jesus being created comes from their translation of Pr.8:22, which reads as follows: "The Lord POSSESSED me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old." In a review of Gen.14:19 and 22, the term POSSESSED in both, means CREATOR, i.e., that God CREATED the heavens and the earth, as well as the pre-incarnated Spirit of Jesus Christ.

To further reinforce the Pr.8:22-36 passage, it can also be seen in Col.1:15, that Jesus was the FIRSTBORN of all creation. And in vs 18, it is written that He is the FIRSTBORN from the dead. Let it be crystal clear, the term, 'FIRSTBORN' means exactly the same in both verses! It means FIRSTBORN, not of everlasting eternity, but rather, as in Pr.8:22, He was brought forth as the first of His works, before the world began. In another place, Jesus said of Himself, He was/is the beginning of God's creation [KJV and NASB].

In the sixth place, when the Holy Spirit of God overpowered the virgin Mary, when she conceived the spirit of that which became the incarnated Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, several things happened: 1. God, who is the Holy Spirit became the Father of Jesus, making the Holy Spirit and the Father one 'personage' [Spirit], Lk.1:35. Fulfilling the prophecy of God in Ps.2:7 and repeated after being fulfilled in Heb.1:5. 2. The incarnated Jesus immediately received the Holy Spirit and His deity together with the power to give the Holy Spirit to whomever He chose. 3. Jesus said, whover believes in him is born again, through the Holy Spirit He gives to those who do, and promises eternal life. Jn.3:16, Mt.3:11, Mk.1:8, Lk.3:16 and Jn.1:33. See also Jn.20:21-22 and 1 Jn.4:13.

At this point, we have now seen, the Spirit of God [The Holy Spirit], is YHWH, Yahweh, Jehovah, Lord God, God Almighty, etc., etc., etc., and is now also the Father! We have also seen the Father and the Son are two separate entities who are neither co-eternal nor co-equal. Jesus said the Father is greater than He in Jn.14:28 and greater than all in Jn.10:29. Therefore, the Creeds, based upon the doctrine of the Trinity claim, one God consists of the three persons of the Trinity, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. But the Word of God reveal that God, who is the Holy Spirit, is also the Father, who with His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, consist of only two persons, not three, and they are also very separate entities.

Point number seven brings us to the matter of Jesus remarks about He and the Father being one, which many people fail to comprehend and understand - those remarks were all pertaining to the spiritual - and have nothing whatever to do with any kind of physical involvement. He said He and the Father are one in Jn.10:30 and Jn.17:21. What Jesus meant in 17:21, that all we believers become one with He and the Father, as He and the Father are. When you think about that carefully, you realize that we all become a part of the one body of Christ, [And the Father] through belief in Him, receiving His baptism with the Holy Spirit [Mt.3:11; Mk.1:8; Lk.3:16 and Jn.1:33], becoming a born again person [Spiritually], through the one Spirit of God. 1 Cor.12:12-13. But you must understand that we all retain our own physical individual identities, personage, in the very same way the Father and the Son do. Two Personages!

Keep in mind, the Spirit of God dwelt within Jesus when He said, "...When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be AND THAT I DO NOTHING ON MY OWN BUT SPEAK JUST WHAT THE FATHER HAS TAUGHT ME." Jn.8:28. An exact case and point can be found in Lk.22:3, where Satan enters into Judas, who is then controlled by [the spirit who is] Satan, in the same way the Spirit of God controlled what Jesus said and did. But both He and Judas retained their own spirits and individuality.

Point eight is the fact that the apostles in every epistle in the Bible offer greetings to BOTH THE FATHER AND TO JESUS. If they were only one person, it is quite obvious those greetings would all have been different. By the same token, the Holy Spirit is not mentioned in any of those greetings, because the apostles all knew the Father was/is the Holy Spirit.

The ninth point is the fact that the Father and the Son are two separate 'personages.' Which did not take place until the NT, in Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35. The Spirit of God Fathered His only begotten Son. A father and a son are never only one person. Jesus prayed to the Father incessantly, as in the example of Jn.17:1-26. Jesus commended His Spirit to the Father, Lk.23:46 and the Father raised Jesus from the dead, Rom.10:9 and in other places. Jesus ascended and now sits on the right hand of the Father, Heb.10:12 and in other places. For all those who participate in the first resurrection, they are to be priests of God and of Jesus. In the new heaven and earth, both the Father and the Son are present in Rev.21:22-23. Two persons!

Point ten pertains to the literal description of God - in that Jesus stated in Jn.17:3 that the FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD. Clearly inferring that He considered Himself God as well. Otherwise, Jesus would have undoubtedly have said His FATHER IS THE ONY GOD, would He not? By the same token, the Father prophecied by calling His Son, God in Ps.45:6-7. After that was fulfilled, it was repeated in Heb.1:8-9. It is also written that Jesus is the image of the living God. [Though the Father is Pure Spirit, Jesus had a human/physical body that received an imperishable, immortal resurrection body, whose pre-incarnated Spirit was created.. Though there is no question as to Jesus deity, the proper description of God is:

ONE TRUE GOD AND JESUS CHRIST [GOD THE SON], THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

Why is the doctrine of the Trinity in error? Because God is identified as the Holy Spirit, in the Bible, and with that having been established, The Holy Spirit is therefore also the Father of Jesus Christ, also in the Bible. Which means there is one personage consisting of the Holy Spirit, who is also the Father, and the second personage, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Obviously only two personages, not three. That is also the reason why Mt.28:19 is a verse that was tampered with and added onto [Jesus would never have made such a statement, because He was well aware that His Father is the Holy Spirit, and we are all baptized by Jesus, who gives us the Holy Spirit the instant we believe/recieve Him, as in Acts 2:38, Mt.3:11, Mk.1:8, Lk.3:16, Jn.1:33, 20:21-22 and 1 Jn.4:13]. In the case of 1 Jn.5:7 which is an out and out fraudulant insert, and is not found in any of the most reliable ms.

Let it be clear to all who read the above, I do not hold any animosity whatsoever against the many of you who believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, though it is completely false, as the Scriptures make clear in the above post. In the second place, it has nothing at all to do with our salvation. Therefore, whether we believe in a triune God or not, we can still be brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

In His love,

Quasar

BradtheImpaler said:
Solo said:

That doesn't say "Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh", but "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh". You misquote the litmus test of true orthodoxy here. What does that make you according to this? :o

*edited by Mod to add end-quote tag*
God is Spirit, and God coming in the flesh as Jesus Christ is necessary to believe in order to not be anti-Christ. Jesus, Immanuel, God with us, the Word who is God, the I am before Abraham, is a simple understanding for those who are born of God.

Solo said:
God is Spirit, and God coming in the flesh as Jesus Christ is necessary to believe in order to not be anti-Christ. Jesus, Immanuel, God with us, the Word who is God, the I am before Abraham, is a simple understanding for those who are born of God.

The interpretation that you have put on each and every one of these points has been debunked Solo. Acceptance of the trinity and your 'simple understanding' of who Jesus is, is not a requirement for those who are born of God.

mutzrein said:
Solo said:

The interpretation that you have put on each and every one of these points has been debunked Solo. Acceptance of the trinity and your 'simple understanding' of who Jesus is, is not a requirement for those who are born of God.
The truth of Jesus being God, Jehovah has not been debunked; only unbelieved by those deceived by the doctrines of devils. The knowing of the one God in his three persons of Jehovah, Word, and Spirit is realized at the birth of the Spirit to those whom the Spirit determines. Even the "simple" understand who Jesus is when they are born of God.

Back