Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is Baptism necessary for Salvation?

Faith yes!
Faith alone no!
1 cor 13:2 & 13:12
Phil 1:29

Matt 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Who do men say I am, not what do men say about my doctrine!

Jesus Christ is not a doctrine only to be believed!

But also a sacrifice that obtains grace and mercy! Jn 1:16-17 Jn 1:29

And also Jesus Christ (((IS))) our salvation even as and infant! Lk 2:30

We must have union with Christ the only mediator to be in the new covenant and having union with God, eternal life (grace) and be in the communion of saints!

Faith alone won’t do it!

Its a covenant not a Bible study with coffee and doughnuts!

You cannot enter on your own by faith alone! Jn 3:5 but must be born into the new covenant kingdom!

2 pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration! Jn 3:22

Thanks

If you accept “faith alone” you reject Jesus Christ and His eternal words!

If you accept “faith alone” you reject scripture the inspired “God breathed” word of God!

If you accept “faith alone” You reject the good news of the gospel!

Mk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved…

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 pet 3:21 …baptism doth also now save us…
Don

When scripture speaks of faith and works, it is speaking of evidence, not justification. Justification is always faith alone. Scripture is very clear on this. 1 Corinthians 13:2 is speaking of evidence, not justification. 13:12 has nothing to do with either. It's referring back to verse 9. Phil. 1:29 is not speaking of justification. It's our calling, and could at best be considered evidence. It's not justification Don.

Dave

Mk 16:16 context

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

He who believes Christ and His doctrine of (((faith & baptism))) shall be saved! He who not believe Christ and His doctrine of ((( faith & baptism)) shall be damned!

Amen!

Here's some more.

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying to all, "I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

John 7:39 But this He (Jesus) spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John 14:16-20 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever-- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you....25-26 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

John 15:26 "But when the Helper comes (Holy Spirit), whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I (Jesus) tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper (Holy Spirit) will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.... vs.12-13 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

All those are pre-cross passages.

They had to wait for the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus. All the things that justify us before the Father, needed to be completed. Scripture needed to be fulfilled. Only then could being "in Him" save us. That's why the 'baptism', the 'placing into', the 'immersion' had to wait. That's why we call Pentecost the birth of the Church. Being "in Christ" before that would not save you. Even OT saints had to wait.

He descended 3 days

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

1 Peter 3:18-19 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,

Acts 2:27 For You will not leave my (David) soul in Hades, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.

I'm out of time. Think about it.

Dave

Back