Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the folowing study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is Baptism necessary for Salvation?

The tricky thing is that the previous two parables (of talent and the ten virgins) are fir the Christians, especially in the second one, five wise virgins are separated from five foolish virgins; this one however is the judgement of the NATIONS - aka what “gentile” means, based on how they have treated “my brethrens”, which is all believers who do his work, see Matt. 12:48. He’s separating not Christians, but the nations into sheep and goats.
So, you're implying that works save. Is that what you really want to teach? Doesn't "all" mean all? Shouldn't "all the nations" mean what it says, which would include everyone? Are there not Gentile followers of Christ? Since when does the word "Gentile" separate Gentile believers from Gentile non-believers? Does it not separate Jew from non-Jew?

It really isn't tricky. The two parables show that not all who profess Christ belong to Christ and are known by him. This is all carryover from chapter 24 and Jesus answering his disciples' questions regarding signs of the end of the age and Christ's return, ending with the comparison of a "faithful and wise servant" to a "wicked servant." As, I stated, the five wise virgins are those true followers of Christ and the five foolish are those who merely profess to be followers but are not. This is also the same in the parable of the talents, with the "wicked and slothful" servant not being a true servant.

The rest of Matt 25 is about the final judgement and everyone will be there, not just Gentiles, not just unbelievers. The works that the sheep and goats did do not save them, but rather are proof of who is saved and who is not. Even Christians will be judged on how they treated fellow believers, that is not exclusive to unbelievers, nor to Gentiles only.

Let me also note towards the statement of "adding works" something that just came to me

The confession is made toward salvation

One is saved, and one continuing in His works is also saved or being saved.

So we are saved by His faith ( a faith that intends to act) and we are saved ( as we walk in His works that He prepared before hand that we should do)

So the so called, " works we do" are part of our salvation
I want to try this on: in reference to a scripture that says the gentile will be saved by faith and Jews through faith [ my adds -the faith]

So if we look into what Peter says in this light that
There is 1 baptism. "Repent and be baptised"..

The Gentiles mentioned, entered through belief who Jesus is. And were capable of entering into the religion/faith of the Jew. And the Jews if they continued to believe by accepting Jesus as Lord would continue and enter the new covenant which would be in His blood. Not the blood of animals And therefore saved through the faith.

I do wonder if:
by faith and through faith are in reference to-
The Faith meaning religion vs. The faith as belief

One possible references is the grafting

But one would Have to find out if all Jews were saved at Water Baptism

-[ I still would not consider water Baptism a work that earns but that shows you have the same benifits, right and privileges as all the other members of the body.]

And Find out if all Gentiles by mere belief and afterwards received a water baptism, rather a Presbyterian's or Baptist’s one 😃

Romans 11

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root[b] of the olive tree, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. 19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Romans 3:30
Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

just some thoughts but I do believe it means through the same faith and not "the faith"

Last edited:
The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” e 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
It is written..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)
Men "call on the name of the Lord" at their baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (Acts 2:38)
Water baptism in name of the Father, Son, Spirit was ordained by Jesus and was practiced in the NT as we read and so to this very day. I was baptized myself, but Jesus is not bound by it before He forgives sin. He's looking at the heart of a person and nothing is hidden from Him. Anyone who calls on Him with true faith will be saved.
So the "ordination by Jesus" doesn't really matter ?
True faith will result in true obedience to all that the apostles have taught us.
Including baptism.

Back