Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals in the Christian Growth section

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Baptism necessary for Salvation?

Perhaps rather than wondering if baptism is necessary for salvation the thought should be that baptism is necessary because of salvation.
I can agree with this.

However, when people preach that baptism is necessary to salvation, that is an issue and another gospel.

Original sin is another term not found in the Bible.
If you would like to know how sin entered the world, the Bible says it was by one man, the man Adam.
Anything else?
This is not the thread for total depravity.

Please start a new thread and we can discuss.

The thief on the cross and Noah is the perfect example that disproves that water baptism is needed for salvation.

I have been baptized twice, and I can assure you that I was still going straight to hell if I had never repented and changed my ways. Water baptism basically teaches that any unrepentant Center can just dip himself in water by a pastor in the name of Jesus Christ, and he's automatically on his way to heaven.

Man heaven is way too easy lol...
Good morning Soldiers, I was thinking about what you are saying from:
It seems to me that you are changing what The Apostles Doctrine are you? Do you know the history of Paul's life at his conversion?
The thief on the cross and Noah is the perfect example that disproves that water baptism is needed for salvation.

I have been baptized twice, and I can assure you that I was still going straight to hell if I had never repented and changed my ways. Water baptism basically teaches that any unrepentant Center can just dip himself in water by a pastor in the name of Jesus Christ, and he's automatically on his way to heaven.

But what does the above have to do with anything?

Good morning Soldiers, I was thinking about what you are saying from:

But what does the above have to do with anything?
I was disproving the unbiblical theory that baptism by water is necessary for salvation, I gave two biblical examples and my own personal experience.

There are some who believe that water baptism is necessary for salvation based on a handful of Scriptures.
Water baptism is necessary but not suffcient, it's a ritual that imitates natural birth from the womb, and it symbolizes a rebirth in the Holy Spirit. Any pastor who baptizes only baptizes with water, as John the Baptists does, only the Lord himself can baptize with the Holy Spirit. The main purpose of water baptism is a public declaration of your faith in Christ, from there on you're publicly identified as a Christian, it's not about eternal salvation.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." (Matt. 3:16)

Back