Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is freewill biblical or something the modern world invented ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Free will, which proponents cannot/will not define as it is not biblical; Free Will would make the praying for others salvation a useless endeavor for it would violate the fictitious doctrine of Free Will by praying to God to override the persons Free Will.

Assuming Free Will were true ... one aspect of it would be the ability of one person's Free Will to nullify another's Free Will. For example, Stalin cause the death of millions and thus nullified their Free Will. The definition of Free Will means another person or God cannot nullify someone's Free Will. Clearly this is not true. Clearly Free Will is a human fabrication that does not stand up to scrutiny.

Freewill is that you can have freedom to do things fastfredy perhaps the word do not exist in those times in hebrew but in our modern world freedom does exist and freewill existed and God he uses freewill to any extent he wants so he ahs all freewill and no matter what Fredy Jesus had it for he was God and could the same extent as when he turns into amlighty god the creator he cand of freewill.

God can do freewill and gave us a part of it small but we can do perfect freewill like him like Jesus when we put things in God hands and he leads on what he says is freewill and not what humans and philosophers say on our small understanding all of us that freewill does not exist but does even though the bible didn't use modernw ords like liberal freedom it does exist. God create freedom for himself to be free of anything that can bind him he can do it all Fastfredy.

Freewill is that you can have freedom to do things
Freedom to do things... What things are we free to do?

Define Free ... who are what has not effect on us when it comes to the list of things you provided to the above question?

Where in scripture does it verify your assertions to my questions?

Your going to exact, your trying to be too perfect fredy. And your not perfect we are all sinners. Your just the scientist now what i described you cannot do perfect freewill Jerry but yes there is a definiton fo free and will in the system of slavea nd prisoner in the mosaic law in hebrew will give it to you found in it in their etymology.

Your going to exact, your trying to be too perfect fredy.
Yes, accurate communication is greatly aided by organization. :)
and will in the system of slavea nd prisoner in the mosaic law in hebrew will give it to you found in it in their etymology.
I just need your definition of Free Will as a foundation for understanding your answers; otherwise, we are wasting time and causing confusion.

While were waiting ( because making a summarize for some months now ) here to the discussion.

Lets make conversation last long it is gaining so much attention and more people are in the debate if freewill is biblical and we have freewil ;D.

God did not tell Satan not to do anything, and satan did it anyway as you suggest here.
This is not honest on your part is it?
Here is what I said;
God forbid Satan from taking Job's life. He could do anything else to him, but not his life. Which is it?
Did you not understand this? Or are you twisting it on purpose?

Because later on you posted this;

What am I twisting on purpose?
We're discussing Job here?

Now you post God told satan not to do something and satan obeyed.
What's to discuss?

What is to discuss is you changing and saying the opposite to suggest I was confused.
You suggested God told Satan not to do anything, and Satan did it anyway, so you suggested God was not in control. Now when you were corrected you change it to say the opposite. That is not honest my friend.
:whirl

Truly freewill is a larger field of theology rich and secrets not revealed and realizing if you have freedom to choose God gave it. It needs depth researching to finds the secrets God intended us to.

God gave us freewill , he gave it in Eden if they did not have freewill the devil could not of rebelled in heaven something I like not talking about. We can choose and the bible does say to choose to sin or to choose not to sin given people the choice.

the verses their are more that explain your argument I have read them but read deep in scripture, only helping you guys understand truly freewill a huge area that we need to see the whole picture and see how God will want it. Not thru our own experience but what he originally planned in the Eden.

you only see one point of the whole area doesn't mean your are right but on the contrary you just hold that one word such freewill a word in the modern world has created does not mean it doesn't exist. Freewill exist and god created it and wants us to see it how he holds it to see he has.

Remember there many definitions of freewill. Determinism, freewill modern liberalism, freewill biblical, freewill your own experience, and freewill thru God his way when he created creationa nd from Jesus point of view how he wanted. We are all learning freewill and we are seeing the deep of.

Be the person you were before he sent you here, when you were in heaven for some it's being a child again for others being the mature and repsonsible person to achive like Jesus it will be revealed those secrets of us inside. The world teaches us to be liek the world and buy and sell, eat and.

It helps to discuss the promblem of sin and salvation what your aiming but i'm talking about freewill before our creation because were past that and now talking about sin and freedom of sin into beinga child of God but growth and becoming is part of growth there. You don't know all the areas of freewill Josiah, I reccomend you read this again since you are only talking one part.

There is more freewill in it's different stages and you only get growth and becoming child of God. There is Why, Satan rebbelion ? Which proves freewill existed and it' philosophy is not comprehended and Freewill God had that he gave us and we have it small but still we can do some things and the freewill Adam had we can do also.

There is that and we can use freewill like god intended tell me do you know that freewill existed in Eden, before it, and we use it ?

Do you have freewill let me ask you and do agree determinism or don't believe in God's sovereignty that he put the path and you can change it ? Do you believe or you cannot change destiny ?

God has let paths be changed he has let us choose, Israel and all of us were destined to be in sin forever because of the fall but thru Jesus we can change our path and be saved simple. But some people won't go there but continue that everything has been planned by God and even the small things are decided for us ! And say God is unfair, we cannot Judge but God decided for us to protect us for a reason.

Don't complicate yourself be free of salvation and put things in God hands ask him to give you freewill under his wise wisdom and he chose the path becuase of the plan of God. Everything is connected in life and to find the secrets of freewill we will find the secret of Why, were here why God choose this for us and the purpose of why he sent us here. Know he's will and you will find what is the plan of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back