Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is man not really capable of seeking God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What have you found of the Lord in addition to what is verbalized in Scripture?

Try to remember there is more to consider upon this than the de facto rehashment of saying nothing of God contradicts His transmitted Word, and that His Scripture is complete for us today. In fact, God both seals up parts of His Word, as unto Daniel, and confounds to many the meaning of it, such as the various Parables spoken to the Jewish multitudes. As well, God does parlay parts of His demand for righteousness, such as when Paul stated to the Athenian Greeks God had until then "winked" at their idolatry.

Best regards.
The Holy Spirit presents only the God who is in the Bible. He works with the written Scripture to give insight into the plans and purposes of God. He never says to us what is not already written in the Scriptures, but He enlightens us as to what the Scriptures actually mean and how we can put them into practice in our lives.

But without the involvement of the indwelling Holy Spirit, they are just words in a book. This is the difference between an unsaved person trying to make sense of the Bible and a saved person. The latter has the indwelling Holy Spirit to teach him, but the former doesn't.

The Holy Spirit presents only the God who is in the Bible. He works with the written Scripture to give insight into the plans and purposes of God. He never says to us what is not already written in the Scriptures, but He enlightens us as to what the Scriptures actually mean and how we can put them into practice in our lives.

But without the involvement of the indwelling Holy Spirit, they are just words in a book. This is the difference between an unsaved person trying to make sense of the Bible and a saved person. The latter has the indwelling Holy Spirit to teach him, but the former doesn't.
You are assuming everyone hears the Holy Spirit. Correct? More presumptive reasoning to state a concept?

Oh! I see you are deciding to be contentious about something that even a novice in the faith can understand. Count me out of this discussion. Go and argue with someone else.
I do not believe you were ever in the discussion. But, thanks for verifying a couple of things.

Blessings.

I don't know Jacob....
Do YOU hear the Holy Spirit?
Does he tell you to make an effort not to get along with your fellow Christians?
?
I get along just fine with other Christians, having excellent fellowship.

Presumptuous Christians, such as the moderator in here who just spoke of "tearing a new one," are those who claim they can hear the Spirit speaking to them every day. Yet, they are unable to address basic issues, and cannot speak without getting upset.

Very odd.

I get along just fine with other Christians, having excellent fellowship.

Presumptuous Christians, such as the moderator in here who just spoke of "tearing a new one," are those who claim they can hear the Spirit speaking to them every day. Yet, they are unable to address basic issues, and cannot speak without getting upset.

Very odd.
We all have our problems.
The mods do the best they can and have a lot to deal with.
I know this for sure....we can't change others but we can change ourself.
You seem to know a lot...so share it with all in a nice way.
We try to be a family here.....
:)

This conversation over does free will exist in our walk with Jesus, suggests that when people think through a subject, they can miss an essential part of the story and therefore get it all wrong.

A pastor who shares Jesus but does not love, is like a clanging symbol that does not chime, worthless. Some love the idea of belonging so the world will be doomed and burnt to a cinder, because the hatred they bear for others is hidden below the cloak of belief.

Jesus talking about us being yoked to Him, taking His yoke upon us, only makes sense if we can choose this behaviour and it is part of discipleship. The beatitudes, blessed are the poor in heart, blessed are the meek, blessed are the pure in heart, blessed when you thirst after righteousness, when you apply mercy etc. These are all choices of attitude and will, and lay the foundation of Jesus's approach to us, and our attitude to Him and others. To reject this or claim it has no importance is to miss faith and salvation, the heart of who Jesus is.

But then when Jesus said the pure in heart will see God, He is openning the door to heart honesty and openness, without which we know nothing. It is ironic, how some folk do not understand the words I am sharing here, because they claim they can see but are blind, to know the things of God, but their heart is not to do Gods will.

God bless you

I remember a believer who claimed being yoked to Jesus was legalism. It is like saying you cuddle your children or your wife because a book tells you to, not because you love them. It is true some people do need to be told how to show affection, but to think from ones heart you do not want to follow, listen and worship Jesus, means one does not know Him, and is not one of His sheep. I remember when I pointed out these points, the next day they changed their words, because it sounded bad, but the emotional reality had been spoken.

It seems some want to just put others right and use christianity as their method, but are not actually part of the Kingdom, and do not know really what else to do.
I also remember some believers that thought obedience was sinful because we were trying to help God !
At least one changed his words...I guess it's a step in the right direction.

I remember even speaking about the Kingdom to those folk...but nothing worked.
Do they read the bible or do they just listen to some guy on YouTube?
I wonder.
How does one read the N.T. and come away with that way of thinking?

Anyway, yes, agreed on all.
Many times I've asked why Jesus would make certain statement unless we did have free will.
Never gotten an answer yet....

We all have our problems.
The mods do the best they can and have a lot to deal with.
I know this for sure....we can't change others but we can change ourself.
You seem to know a lot...so share it with all in a nice way.
We try to be a family here.....
:)
It is hilarious to read from you, "We all have our problems," as if this is some sort of new information. Lol!

After trying to read my threads and posts in here, do you actually think I have missed that observation? Lol.

The mods. have a little cake job in here. Simple issues from mere words. Nothing that difficult to address. "We." Girls always need to be included within a group. Lol.

How do you follow Jesus? How about if you share three real things you do to emulate Him.

Thanks so much for sharing the importance and power of both speaking of following Jesus, and then giving the testimony of following Jesus. This is great encouragement to those here who do not quite know how.

Regards.
I wish I could understand your question. The word emulate sounds like appearing to be like.

Jesus calls us to honesty, openess and love. It is something real of God working in us, of discovery of who we are and humbleness to obey.

When speaking to one you love dying of cancer, what words do you form? Jesus gives us the heart and the words, God bless you

It is hilarious to read from you, "We all have our problems," as if this is some sort of new information. Lol!

After trying to read my threads and posts in here, do you actually think I have missed that observation? Lol.

The mods. have a little cake job in here. Simple issues from mere words. Nothing that difficult to address. "We." Girls always need to be included within a group. Lol.
Yeah!
Girls are great!

gettyimages-501204979-170667a.jpg

I wish I could understand your question. The word emulate sounds like appearing to be like.

Jesus calls us to honesty, openess and love. It is something real of God working in us, of discovery of who we are and humbleness to obey.

When speaking to one you love dying of cancer, what words do you form? Jesus gives us the heart and the words, God bless you
Do you follow Jesus, or not?

1 John 2:6, "He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

Just answer the question.

Regards.

1 John 2:6, "He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

Regards.
Peter Jens is a very nice person and a truthful Christian.
So I'll answer the question for you:
YES,,,he emulates Jesus....
If by emulate you mean that he obeys our Lord and does his best to live as Jesus would want him to.

Also, gosh Jacob....some things you can grasp just be reading what persons post.
Pay Attention!
:salute

Peter Jens is a very nice person and a truthful Christian.
So I'll answer the question for you:
YES,,,he emulates Jesus....
If by emulate you mean that he obeys our Lord and does his best to live as Jesus would want him to.

Also, gosh Jacob....some things you can grasp just be reading what persons post.
Pay Attention!
:salute
Please stop interfering. Thanks so much.

Regards.
Do I follow Jesus?
You will have to judge for yourself.
I listen to Him, I obey His commands, I follow His example, He has changed my heart and life. I repent of my sins and follow the straight path.

Many say they follow Jesus, but mean just they believe their sins are forgiven. Others put on a good show hiding their failure and sin.

Some say the heart is lost and evil and spiritual gifts and power are everything, so the answer is not simple. If faith and the Holy Spirit dwell within, amen. But again many claim this but are full of thorns and thistles.

God bless you

Do I follow Jesus?
You will have to judge for yourself.
I listen to Him, I obey His commands, I follow His example, He has changed my heart and life. I repent of my sins and follow the straight path.

Many say they follow Jesus, but mean just they believe their sins are forgiven. Others put on a good show hiding their failure and sin.

Some say the heart is lost and evil and spiritual gifts and power are everything, so the answer is not simple. If faith and the Holy Spirit dwell within, amen. But again many claim this but are full of thorns and thistles.

God bless you
Do you follow all of Jesus' Commands? You either do, or do not. Nothing in Scripture talks about "trying."

Back