Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

IS THERE A RAPTURE? Who will go? WHO'S THE BRIDE?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So it'll only be previous believers populating the millennium?

What's your take on that those Isaiah verses. What in the world do they mean? "Thy chambers"...Thy chambers where?

I didn't say "previous" believers.

I say what Paul teaches.

Those who are Christ's, at His Coming.

how does the Hebrews believe in the messiah? how do they atone for their sins? by mosaic law, or the blood? if the blood. then I as a jew am no different then they are. I need the blood as much as they do. I have never seen any futurist willing to actually understand what they say.most avoid this simple question and when they are forced to answer they still cling to the chialism of their view.

Even though you mis-spelled the word chialism, you are right. the school of interpretation for me is Futurism. Premillennialism is my thinking. Matt. 24:29-31 explains when Israel will be saved. God's promise to Abraham will find it's completion at this time, at the end of the tribulation. With much persuasion because of "Jacobs trouble" they will repent and believe by faith.

Even though you mis-spelled the word chialism, you are right. the school of interpretation for me is Futurism. Premillennialism is my thinking. Matt. 24:29-31 explains when Israel will be saved. God's promise to Abraham will find it's completion at this time, at the end of the tribulation. With much persuasion because of "Jacobs trouble" they will repent and believe by faith.

By your statement, your are saying the Apostles were not the Church!

Absolutely and completely ridiculous.

How about saying i totally disagree. moderator

By your statement, your are saying the Apostles were not the Church!

Absolutely and completely ridiculous.
How about saying i totally disagree. moderator

No, my statement involves Israel. The Apostles were the founders of the churches. If they were attached to a church it would be Jerusalem.

No, my statement involves Israel. The Apostles were the founders of the churches. If they were attached to a church it would be Jerusalem.

There is one Church, the body of Christ. Ie; those who are Christ's

Jesus was speaking to the Church in Matthew 24, as the Church was meeting with Him privately and asked Him the question that brought about His answer that spanned Matthew 24 & 25.

The Gathering is at His Coming.

The Coming in Matthew 24, is the same Coming in 1 Thessalonians 4;13-17, is the same Coming in Coming in 1 Corinthians 15, is the same Coming in 2 Thessalonians.

28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:28
JLB

All you are doing is just speculating on what you have preconceived.

Not one person will acknowledge the truth of the six scriptures I have posted.

You have not presented them.

You have not discussed the truths that are stated in them.

You have digressed to only speculating with Human reasoning and have completely abandoned the scriptures.

The resurrection takes place, at His coming.

There is one Resurrection for all.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.

Not at His Comings, plural. But at His Coming, meaning ONE!

The Rapture can not be separated from the Resurrection.

6 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

The Resurrection can not be separated from the Rapture.

His Coming is at the end of the age!

His Coming is after the tribulation!

His Coming is not invisible, rather every eye will see him.

At His coming the lawless one will be destroyed, by the brightness of His Coming.

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 1 Thessalonians 2:8

Why does everyone keep ignoring this simple basic fact.

Jesus Christ Himself will destroy the false messiah at His Coming!!!

How can this possibly take place before the tribulation.

Chopper please answer this.

How can Jesus' Coming happen before the tribulation, if it is the brightness of His Coming that destroys the antichrist?

The Gather happens at His Coming.

His Coming is after the tribulation.

Case Closed!

JLB

JLB, I don't understand our differences but I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere. ALL YOUR 6 SCRIPTURES ARE CORRECT! I love them. Jesus' "coming" is His second advent, right? And He does just what you say He does in your Scriptures. I think we our off, when I talk about His gathering the Bride (Christian elect) before the trib. I'm not speaking about God's elect Israel that He gathers at the end of the trib. I guess our only disagreement is over 2 gatherings, one for the Bride (pre-trib), and gathering of the Christians who were left behind from the Bride's gathering but they got serious during the first half of the trib. and are ready to be gathered at the mid-trib. That is where there will be a religious rebellion, and anti-christ will be revealed because He desecrates the temple.

JLB, brother...would you mind, being so kind, as to address any of the questions that I have posted for you? Please. I answer your questions, nad you seem to be ignoring mine, which is not in the spirit of the discussion. Please?

Post number 328 answers your questions with scripture.

If you have any more questions, please post the question with the scripture you have.

Thanks, JLB

You know, it seems to me...just an opinion, that whoever thinks that the church goes through the great tribulation has two pieces of homework to do...Find out exactly who is the church?...and also to find out...What is the purpose of the Great Tribulation?

I love to hear some answers on this.

No homework required.

Only scripture.

This is the answer: Those who are His.

The Church is those who are His.

Those who are His will be Resurrected/Raptured (Gathered) at His Coming.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

The antichrist will be destroyed by this SAME Coming, the brightness of His Coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:8

JLB

Hehe ... given time you will find Jason to be a good man .... Like some others here there is something lacking when he is not posting... he is full of information.
Many times i have said "Splane" and he does...
lol, Chopper, ask me via pms or here. please do. I can break this down slowly for you.
1) WHAT IS a Hebrew today?

lets start with that

JLB, I don't understand our differences but I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere. ALL YOUR 6 SCRIPTURES ARE CORRECT! I love them. Jesus' "coming" is His second advent, right? And He does just what you say He does in your Scriptures. I think we our off, when I talk about His gathering the Bride (Christian elect) before the trib. I'm not speaking about God's elect Israel that He gathers at the end of the trib. I guess our only disagreement is over 2 gatherings, one for the Bride (pre-trib), and gathering of the Christians who were left behind from the Bride's gathering but they got serious during the first half of the trib. and are ready to be gathered at the mid-trib. That is where there will be a religious rebellion, and anti-christ will be revealed because He desecrates the temple.

Also, after some study, I apologize for discounting a resurrection. There are two resurrections. Israel, at the end of the seven year tribulation, and the resurrection of the dead at the end of the millennium.

Also, after some study, I apologize for discounting a resurrection. There are two resurrections. Israel, at the end of the seven year tribulation, and the resurrection of the dead at the end of the millennium.

Please show the scriptures for this statement.

Those who are His covers all races creeds and colors. Jews and Gentiles.

His Coming is listed in 1 Corinthians 15 as well as 1 Thessalonians 4.

At His Coming , those who are His are Gathered at the Rapture and Resurrection.

There is no separating the Resurrection from the Rapture. It happens at His Coming.

At the same Coming the antichrist is destroyed.

As far as I know, a Hebrew is a Jewish person from Israel.
ok., that is part of it.a Hebrew
1) of the kingdom of Judea, these are tribe of Judah and Benjamin and levites
2) of the northern kingdom and all the other tribes to include once again a levite
3) a goy who lives in isreal and becomes a Hebrew by circumcision and like rahab, ruth believe in the God of isreal.a large group of gentiles followed isreal into the promised land.
4) jew or gentile who practices Judaism
5) a jew who doesn't practice Judaism. a goy who was adopted and did practice judaism but left.

now then, that is for the most part from what I believe a jew would tell me what a Hebrew is. I didn't go into the birth mother ordeal with this. I would NOT be a jew by that definition because my mom is a gentile, but well my grandparents saw me as a jew.ok which of these will make up isreal in the millennium?

Revelation 20

There are two resurrections. Israel, at the end of the seven year tribulation, and the resurrection of the dead at the end of the millennium.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Revelation 20:4-5

The Church who has gone through the tribulation and has remained faithful to Christ, is in the first Resurrection. That would be those who are Christ's. 1 Corinthians 15:23

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

JLB

Edward said:

Zephaniah 2:3
3 Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger./(KJV)

Psalm 27:5
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock./(KJV)

Both of these scriptures speak of hiding in the Lord, or being protected by the Lord in the day of trouble.

That certainly is Covenant language.

The Lord protected Noah in the day of trouble... just as in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the Coming [there's that word again] of the Son of Man.

Daniel was protected.

The three Hebrew Children were protected.

However, there is always an exception!

Do you want to hear about the exception, to these that were protected by the Lord?

And others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. Hebrews 11:35

JLB

360 Posts has anyone posted these scriptures yet..:)

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

tob

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back