Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

14 and the natural man doth not receive the things of the Spirit of God,
Right! People consumed with material wealth don't want anything to do with God. That's no revelation.
for to him they are foolishness,
Of course sinners can put themselves before or above others, but there is no truth in that and people who follow Jesus know this because even Jesus' closest disciples had no idea Jesus was going to die. Until it happened.

At that point they were terrified.
and he is not able to know [them], because spiritually they are discerned;
That's exactly right! Emiissaries of the Highest Authority serve sinners headed toward destruction.

We can't see God when we're occupied with what to eat or wear.

So in a circumstance developed by God He sent a messenger to us as we have others and so on.

There is no objection from anyone on God deciding when an individuals life will end.

Yes it does, man may understand a god exist, a creator yet we have no saving knowledge of God, that comes through a saving work of Jesus Christ Jn 17:1-3
Any child can understand and believe the forgiveness of sins. It's not complicated.
The difficult part is being conformed to Christs' image.
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Yes glorify as in let Me show them the love and patience We have for them as evil as they may become.
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
And as the Sole Judge of all mankind will grant eternal life to those who desire to know God.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Exactly! Know God is willing and able to forgive any sinner who turns to Him is knowing eternal life.
It's knowing Jesus because that's what Jesus did.
That Knowledge of the True God is with the Gift of Eternal life.
Perfectly said and perfectly understood when the Gift Giver and the Gift are the same.

See.....that's the difference between God and every other man except for Jesus. He is amazing.

Any child can understand and believe the forgiveness of sins. It's not complicated.
The difficult part is being conformed to Christs' image.

Yes glorify as in let Me show them the love and patience We have for them as evil as they may become.

And as the Sole Judge of all mankind will grant eternal life to those who desire to know God.

Exactly! Know God is willing and able to forgive any sinner who turns to Him is knowing eternal life.
It's knowing Jesus because that's what Jesus did.

Perfectly said and perfectly understood when the Gift Giver and the Gift are the same.

See.....that's the difference between God and every other man except for Jesus. He is amazing.
So man by nature knows nothing of the True God when it comes to Salvation and Jesus Christ.

So man by nature knows nothing of the True God when it comes to Salvation and Jesus Christ.
By dwelling on pleasing only the nature of the flesh no, but God created humans with the ability to think of Him also,

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; Ecc.12:1

By dwelling on pleasing only the nature of the flesh no, but God created humans with the ability to think of Him also,

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; Ecc.12:1
Again men by nature know nothing of the True God in Salvation. Rom 3:10-18

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

It's of no value to tell a person they must repent to be saved if in your heart you know it's not honest because it's God that must predestinate any person to repent.
Well, seeing no one has an "E" tattooed on them, I have no idea who is elect and who is not, and neither do you. So I witness Christ to any and all I can, as I am called to do.

It's like the God given love any decent parent has for his or her wayward child has become apathy.
It's like the caring any person can have for a loved one has become unGodly.

It's just so foreign to everything Jesus taught by word and deed.
If your child gets away from you and gets out in the road and you see a truck barreling towards them and you tell them to get out of the road and they say "no!", will you plead with them to get out out of the road or go and drag them to safety? If you drag them out of the road after they vehemently told you "no!" then you have violated their will and are a cruel parent.

If your child gets away from you and gets out in the road and you see a truck barreling towards them and you tell them to get out of the road and they say "no!", will you plead with them to get out out of the road or go and drag them to safety? If you drag them out of the road after they vehemently told you "no!" then you have violated their will and are a cruel parent.
Are you describing Agape love?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

You mean historic Catholics which I called mostly heresy .
That said,despite history of man killing each other .in Roman mass graves of babies killed before Christ and after .and after as cultures .

Free to me without conditions .

I'm not free to ignore God to do as I wish and live .

Im not the one who believes that a Muslim who believes in God is saved or a pagan who worships the red woods or cherokee .

That's you .you simply believe man is by nature good at birth and simply makes mistakes and some become evil.despiitr 80 years ago .i know must be aware of the lineage I bear .

Even in America.

But I guess the Lord doesn't order the steps of the righteous .life is random. ...

I'm Not a reformed or arminist .I don't believe in your extremes of free will that you simply can't define .
There's so much in the above that is incorrect that I'm not taking the time to reply.

I do ask that you DO NOT misrepresent me as that is against TOS rules and the overseer here doesn't seem to care when they're broken.

You DO NOT know what I believe about anything apparently.

Choose can't get a choice if none is offered. Unwilling meaning that unless God seeks us out we simply won't know .

Yet you claim .

That j can see God in nature .

There are alleged churches that don't read Bibles and simply go horse back riding. The wiccans and pagans are close to that .

Which God is this God ?

The Trinity or some pantheon ?
Apparently you've never understood Romans 1:18......
God is very visible in nature.
That's all man had before the bible was written.
Or do you think we've ALWAYS had the bible?

Well, seeing no one has an "E" tattooed on them, I have no idea who is elect and who is not, and neither do you. So I witness Christ to any and all I can, as I am called to do.
I'm very happy that you do as Jesus said to do.
But when you witness, you know very well that it's going to depend on God as to whether or not the person will be saved in the end.

When I witness, I know that it's possible for the person to come to saving knowledge on their own with the amount of grace God gives to all so as to make salvation possible for everyone.

Faith come by hearing.
By hearing the word of God.
Romans 10:17

If a person decides to trust in Jesus, he will be saved.
Acts 16:31

God offers salvation as a gift, one must only accept it.
John 3:16
Ephesians 2:8

Again men by nature know nothing of the True God in Salvation. Rom 3:10-18

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

You're quoting scripture which shows David warning his son not to leave the way of righteousness as others have.

Oh, so now we achieve salvation. Salvation is not an achievement but a gift.
Of course salvation is a gift.
I'm sure you know Ephesians 2:8 which I had just posted.

The reason you have a problem with the word ACHIEVE is because you believe you have nothing to do with your salvation. The NT exhorts us to behave in a godly manner. As if we individually had control over this.
You don't believe you have to ACCEPT Jesus' gift to you. Most gifts have to be accepted - they aren't forced upon you.

Here are some synonyms for the word ACHIEVE:
Strongest matches

Paul tells us to work out our salvation.
Philippians 2:12-13

He also tells us that we will not have our salvation till the end of our life.
1 Peter 1:5

You're quoting scripture which shows David warning his son not to leave the way of righteousness as others have.
Duh right Im quoting scripture. Man by nature is described Rom 3:9-19

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
man is born UNDER SIN. The word under is key hypo:
to be under, i. e. subject to the power of, any person or thing

Thats total depravity, being under the power of sin

I was taught to look both ways before crossing.

Back