Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

By nature this is the plight of all people Rom 3:9-19
By the prideful lust of the flesh which is only a portion of mankinds make up. Pride is an intangible because it requires thought, which when we read,

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was greatin the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Gen.6:5

That type of degeneration occured over time. 😊

The authority to forgive sins belongs to God alone. Believers are witnesses of the gospel being received or rejected along with the Holy Spirit who does the actual forgiving,

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained. Jn.20:22-23

The Apostles didn't have the authority to forgive or retain sins arbitrarity.
What did Jesus mean then in John 20:22-23??

By the prideful lust of the flesh which is only a portion of mankinds make up. Pride is an intangible because it requires thought, which when we read,

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was greatin the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Gen.6:5

That type of degeneration occured over time. 😊
Man by nature is ruined Rom 3:9-19

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

What did Jesus mean then in John 20:22-23??
He meant believers who have Christs' Spirit will agree on whether to allow people into the fellowship of our faith,

if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agreeon earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Mt.18:17-20

There's really no difference between making a decision to continue telling an unbeliever about the gospel or discontinuing the conversation because of the degree of rejection, or excommunicating a professing believer,

They were in unison. Churchgoers aren't bothered by believers speaking the same thing. If two people have a different view of what the Bible says, both can't be right.

And the seriousness of this is that both claim to speak for God.

Man by nature is ruined Rom 3:9-19
As God told Cain,

If you do well, will you not be accepted?And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is contrary to you, but you must rule over it.” Gen.4:7 ESV

All Cain had to do was repent, change his mind. He never grew in the knowledge of God,

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me. Lk.13:34 NLT

It's not that God prevented sinners from coming to Jesus.

Have you noticed you don't even look at the reasoning of what I'm saying?

As God told Cain,

If you do well, will you not be accepted?And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is contrary to you, but you must rule over it.” Gen.4:7 ESV

All Cain had to do was repent, change his mind. He never grew in the knowledge of God,

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me. Lk.13:34 NLT

It's not that God prevented sinners from coming to Jesus.

Have you noticed you don't even look at the reasoning of what I'm saying?
Man by nature doesnt seek God, doesnt understand God Rom 3:11

So Jesus said,

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Mt.6:24 KJV
So Jesus said,

But the hour cometh and now is when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. Jn.4:23 KJV

The Father seeketh "such" ?????

Well, flush Calvanism down the toilet. 😊

So Jesus said,

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Mt.6:24 KJV

So Jesus said,

But the hour cometh and now is when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. Jn.4:23 KJV

The Father seeketh "such" ?????

Well, flush Calvanism down the toilet. 😊

How many is NONE ?

How many is NONE ?
None means none making Jn.4:23 senseless, but Jesus said,

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psa.34:18

None means none making Jn.4:23 senseless, but Jesus said,

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psa.34:18
Okay if none means none, thats what it means. Non by nature seeks after the True God nor understands Him Rom 3:11

Okay if none means none, thats what it means.
Then God couldn't seek such because there would be any such. This isn't rocket science.
Non by nature seeks after the True God nor understands Him Rom 3:11
So, none who are focused on their own pleasure understand.
There is no Jew or gentile who can serve two masters.

See, now God seeking those who humble themselves makes sense.

Then God couldn't seek such because there would be any such. This isn't rocket science.

So, none who are focused on their own pleasure understand.

There is no Jew or gentile who can serve two masters.

See, now God seeking those who humble themselves makes sense.
None by nature seeks God, or understands God Rom 3:11

This is elementary.

None by nature seeks God, or understands God Rom 3:11

This is elementary.
It's elementary heresy because the scripture I showed you says God seeks the humble to worship Him. Some sinners became humble when heard how He taught the law, saw how He behaved Himself and saw or heard of the fantastic miracles he performed.

And some sinners hardened themselves against His teachings and those are the ones who remain unrighteous and for that reason,

the Jewish leaders objected. They said to the man who was cured, “You can’t work on the Sabbath! The law doesn’t allow you to carry that sleeping mat!”...So the Jewish leaders began harassing Jesus for breaking the Sabbath rules....So the Jewish leaders tried all the harder to find a way to kill him.
Jn.5:10,16,18

Those who call Jesus accursed are heretics like the devil.

It's elementary heresy because the scripture I showed you says God seeks the humble to worship Him. Some sinners became humble when heard how He taught the law, saw how He behaved Himself and saw or heard of the fantastic miracles he performed.

And some sinners hardened themselves against His teachings and those are the ones who remain unrighteous and for that reason,

the Jewish leaders objected. They said to the man who was cured, “You can’t work on the Sabbath! The law doesn’t allow you to carry that sleeping mat!”...So the Jewish leaders began harassing Jesus for breaking the Sabbath rules....So the Jewish leaders tried all the harder to find a way to kill him.
Jn.5:10,16,18

Those who call Jesus accursed are heretics like the devil.
Rom 3:11

Also the natural man doesnt receive the things of the Spirit of God, and he cant know/understand them

1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Guess how much Spiritual discernment the natural man has. NONE

people governed by the flesh, not all humans.
Thats all humans born into this world, the natural man.

All humans are governed by the flesh by nature. Eph 2:2-3

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Even if the natural man is moral, upright, honest, very religious , he is still being governed by the flesh !

Even if the natural man is moral, upright, honest, very religious , he is still being governed by the flesh !
No he isn't because the flesh nature can't be moral, upright, honest etc., yet people display these qualities all the time.
Eating because we need to sustain our bodies that need nourishment isn't gluttony.

No he isn't because the flesh nature can't be moral, upright, honest etc., yet people display these qualities all the time.
Eating because we need to sustain our bodies that need nourishment isn't gluttony.
Being overseas in a time of war was the best service in chapel ? Why no fleshly distractions of sports , entertainment as much .

Numerous times the wall shook and the alarm of incoming sounding man the walls ,take cover

Our desires to sin is what he mentioned not natural desires that arent sin . PTSD forced me to see how shallow others are and myself .

Back