Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

I don’t use the word Trinity because it’s an unbiblical man made word.

I use Godhead.

TULIP is a man made Acronym that promotes a man made theology.

No where do we find the terms TOTALLY DEPRAVED, LIMITED ATONEMENT or UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION.
God head is what in Hebrew and Greek ?

Diety ,divine .
You are arguing we can't use the Trinity but then argue that since the words diety are used for the Holy Spirit,Jesus and God the Father .you then argue that God is three persons .

But don't use that word Trinity .

You are defining diety as a nature of three persons sharing a nature acting in unison . When the wheel was invented centuries ago doing just that.

The word Bible isnt in the Bible . Nor are those periods and chapters .

Nope .that's in the tanach was added centuries after the Lord's death .the books in Greek are simply long paragraphs.Hebrew has similar grammar .we read it as such to break it up to thoughts we can grasp without loosing the meanings .

Morning star is one word in Hebrew .in Greek it has a space .

How so?

Luk 22:3 Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve. (ESV)

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve? And yet one of you is a devil.”
Joh 6:71 He spoke of Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the twelve, was going to betray him. (ESV)

Joh 13:2 During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him, (ESV)

Act_1:16 “Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke beforehand by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus. (ESV)

Psa 41:9 Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me. (ESV)

How free was Judas to choose?

Judas choose to follow Jesus when he heard His voice, like the other eleven.

Judas was a disciple that followed the Lord for three and a half years like the other eleven.

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27

Judas was one of His sheep, then he became lost.

Judas was promoted to an apostle and empowered being send out to preach the gospel, heal the sick, raise the dead and cast out devils, like the other eleven.

And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease. Now the names of the twelve apostles are these: first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Cananite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him. Matthew 10:1-4

Judas was predestined to reign with Christ and the other eleven in the age to come.

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Matthew 19:28

Judas chose to betray Jesus Christ unlike the other eleven.

JLB

Godhead in the New Testament.

Elohim in the Old Testament.
The word in Hebrew isn't divine that you used that way .

that is a Name but is not divine the word..

Jesus is Called that

But is it Elohim for the Son ,The Holy Spirit ,and Father?

See how you do that ?!

Why would Jesus be stated in Him the fullness of God dwells when it's the word for diety that Paul meant ?

Surely Paul could say Simply Jesus is God .diety or divine in this case means a nature .

That's why Trinity works as a doctrine to help explain that .you need not be so wooden.

The KJV word baptize is A man made word.it means to immerse not originally to dunk in water .the English then didn't have a word for immerse in water and it was transliterated into English .

Languages do that often .

I use Godhead.

No where do we find the terms TOTALLY DEPRAVED, LIMITED ATONEMENT or UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION.
I do not want to interrupt frees answer.

TULIP IMHO are Old Testament Concepts. They fit perfectly with the Flood and the law of Moses. 2 Chrinicles 7:14 is limited to physical life.

TULIP shows you can not keep the works of the law of Moses perfectly.

Can I write a 1000 word essay yet? Not yet, but ……..

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I do not want to interrupt frees answer.

TULIP IMHO are Old Testament Concepts. They fit perfectly with the Flood and the law of Moses. 2 Chrinicles 7:14 is limited to physical life.

TULIP shows you can not keep the works of the law of Moses perfectly.

Can I write a 1000 word essay yet? Not yet, but ……..

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I’m asking for those who promote TULIP to provide some scripture where the terms

TOTALLY DEPRAVED
UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION
LIMITED ATONEMENT

are used.

These are unbiblical terms.

Abraham was asked to walk with God in His Presence and Abraham chose to obey.

Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”
Genesis 26:5

JLB

I’m asking for those who promote TULIP to provide some scripture where the terms

TOTALLY DEPRAVED
UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION
LIMITED ATONEMENT

are used.

These are unbiblical terms.

Abraham was asked to walk with God in His Presence and Abraham chose to obey.

Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”
Genesis 26:5

JLB
They can supply the concepts. The particular words will vary from language to language.

Do you accept concepts?
Cash or check LOL

The seed is the Word of God
The ground is men’s hearts

Mississippi redneck
eddif

As a nation they weren't judged .that said

God called isreal and Judah worse then sodom and he didn't wipe them out .

Yet you miss the point.Jesus fully aware of the nature of the cities of sodom and gommorah didn't perform miracles and they were denied any space to repent .
I answered your contention about these in my last post to you. I explained the passages you cited. Ok? I answered the passages you brought up so that all scripture make perfect sense.
You "totally" ignored my answer, but your "depravity" in sweeping my answers to the garbage doesn't have to be permanent. You can go back and look at how lovingly logical God is with all people.

I'm just answering your new objections here. I hope you actually look at them.
Isreal had that promise to Abraham .God told isreal I choose you out off all nations and not to think they were better then any of the pagan nations .they werent !

God picked a nation over the other ?
A Nation of believers like Abraham...to everyone who believes....the foolishness of preaching...which confounds the wise in this world. Rom.1:16, 1Cor1:18-29
Yup jacob I loved and esau I have hated .
Another passage Calvanists have misunderstood.
God gave Esau the the birthright of "firstborn." He sold it for a bowl of soup. And it wasn't even chicken noodle.
I'm not positive, but I think Esau changed his mind larer in life and repented. I won't argue this point because only God knows.

They can supply the concepts. The particular words will vary from language to language.

Do you accept concepts?
Cash or check LOL

The seed is the Word of God
The ground is men’s hearts

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Scripture.

I use scripture to know the truth, the doctrine is from Christ or man.

Scripture.

I use scripture to know the truth, the doctrine is from Christ or man.
2 Timothy 2:14 kjv
14. Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

The word became flesh
John 1:14

The 2nd Adam became a life giving spirit.
1 Corinthians 15:45

That spirit should be invited inside us.
Revelation 3:20

I still can not Write a 1000 word essay.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I believe Jesus Christ paid the price for all the world to be saved.

Only those who believe will be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
Just like that? Unregenerate people can just choose to believe?

Do you agree that salvation is a work of God from start to finish?

Yet you use the word triune...

I use Godhead.
Which isn't a word that appears in the Greek and is used to translate three different words which all mean "deity," "divinity," "divine nature," or something of that nature.

Just like any other category given to biblical theology, it is meant as a summation of the teachings of Scripture.

Now please provide the scriptures that use the phrase TOTALLY DEPRAVED or UNCONDITIONALLY ELECTION or LIMITED ATONEMENT.

Again, this is fallacious. Provide scriptures that use triune, rapture, divinity, omniscience, omnipotence, monotheism, or incarnation.

The scripture I cited along with my comments about those passages took the L out.
Sorry, but I can't see where any of the passages you cited are relevant to TULIP at all.

Just look at those passages without bias.
A few problems with this statement:

1. It is fallacious to think that anyone who looks at those passages without bias should then come to believe as you do.
2. It is fallacious to think that you are without bias--everyone is biased in one way or another.

I was taught everything you now believe and I was wrong.
You don't even know what I believe on just this issue alone.

I'm serious about this. Are you and @brightflame the same person?
You're not serious about this because you know that we are not the same person.

What's really sad is that Paul said there would come a time when people would be

without natural affection, Rom.1:31
I don't know what you mean by "what's really sad," but that isn't quite what Paul said. He was speaking in past tense--that had already happened:

Rom 1:28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
Rom 1:29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,
Rom 1:30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
Rom 1:32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them. (ESV)

Gen 6:5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. (ESV)

That was from the start of the fall and is a consistent message throughout the Bible, and that is what continues on today.

This is true love and concern naturally bestowed on all humankind by our Creator.

That one little comment destroys the Calvinist doctrine of total depravity along with my other post which was ignored. This flagrant disregard for Gods' word began in the Garden of Eden. Calvinism has done everything in its power to help it along.
I don't know what your point is with any of this. But, it is interesting that you believe the "flagrant disregard for God's word began in the Garden of Eden" but don't believe that the result was the total depravity of man.

Everyone looks at everything with a bias. If it’s consistent the bias can be termed a worldview. I try to look at things with a Christian worldview. When reading scripture as a Christian I lean towards a simple reformed hermeneutic…a lens through which to interpret scripture.

Just like that? Unregenerate people can just choose to believe?

Choose to believe what?

A person must first hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That’s why it’s called the hearing of faith.

Here is the step by step process of salvation:

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Israel Rejects the Gospel
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:8-17

• How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed
  • And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard
  • And how shall they hear without a preacher?
  • And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

A person must believe and therefore obey the Gospel to be saved; born again, regenerated.

• But they have not all obeyed the gospel.

JLB

Do you agree that salvation is a work of God from start to finish?

Jesus paid the price for us to have salvation but a person must believe and therefore obey the Gospel to be saved.

If you mean salvation is a work of God from start to finish and man does nothing, then no I totally disagree.

Please show me the scripture that says —

“salvation is a work of God from start to finish”.

Just like any other category given to biblical theology, it is meant as a summation of the teachings of Scripture.

Who’s summation (commentary) of the teachings of scripture?

Scripture itself is our teaching. It needs to be believed and followed.

We don’t need a man to sum up what he believes the teachings of scripture are. That’s how denominations are created.

Don’t you understand what they s scripture means?

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

What does “whoever believes” mean to you?

JLB

Again, this is fallacious. Provide scriptures that use triune, rapture, divinity, omniscience, omnipotence, monotheism, or incarnation.

Those are all manmade words, that can have various meanings.

Stick to scripture and the words of scripture.

Those are all manmade words, that can have various meanings.

Stick to scripture and the words of scripture.
But you have used some of them. Why do you use them and tell others not to?

It just proves my point that certain words or phrases don’t have to appear in the Bible in order for the concepts that they refer to be true.

Back