Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is Yahweh and Allah one?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hmm... There is a lot of sense and thought in the above post - are you sure you're not British? :tongue The only pity is that they've only given 150 posts :biggrin

Well, frankly it isn't very clear that you are just poking fun, and it seems you use that as a way to distance yourself from a statement you made which was accepted rather lukewarmly.

And even if you were just poking fun, like you definitely are here:

-- I really wonder what the purpose is and how it adds to the discussion or pushes it forward.

The prayer of Saint Ephrem begins like this:

O Lord and Master of my life, give me not the spirit of sloth, despair, lust for power and idle talk.

I think idle talk isn't in there just as a mere coincidence.

Anyhow:

If you become crazy somehow and decide that your mother is actually a leopard, is she still your mother?

Undoubtedly, she is. And she also is no leopard -- whatever you might think.

God is not defined by what we believe.

Judaism today is technically speaking not Christianity at all. They both have the same roots, but at a certain point they diverged and each went in its own direction.

But surprisingly enough, religion is not about worship per se -- more important is a living relationship with God. And only God himself sees into us and knows whether that is so or not. We might point at people and label them, but all that is for naught. Are Jews making themselves a new golden cow? Some might be, and so it is with some Christians as well.

They didn't take the Jewish take. They took a lot from Judaism, true, but unlike the Jews, they accept Jesus as the Messiah, his virgin birth etc. As I stated before, for a long time Muslims were considered by the Christian world as only another Arian sect, not as a new religion.

I think that the original question, as it was posed, is slightly misleading. Especially the term Yahweh in this context could be better defined. It seems some people see Yahweh just as the God of the Bible, without distinguishing between the old and new testaments. That of course creates a problem, because it implies that the Muslim Allah is the same as the Christian triune God, which isn't a defendable position, whatever side you stand on.

But all three -- Christianity, Islam and modern Judaism proceed from the same old testament God -- Yahweh.

PC is nonsense of course, but so is mindless offending. How does that help anyone or bring them closer to the truth. Mostly it does the exact opposite -- creates a rift between you and those you offend.

Jesus said it quite clearly:
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. [Matt. 5:5]
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. [Matt. 5:9]

The goal is not to prove who is right, but to try bring others closer to the truth, the best way is by example. There is a wise saying: Preach the truth of God all the time, but only when necessary use words.

Words cannot encompass God, they cannot explain him. Like love, God cannot be arrived at or understood through pragmatical or purely logical means -- you have to feel Him and experience Him, or not understand him at all.

When you see His work around you, only then you might want to know more about Him and start on your own path of getting to know Him better.

Don't necessarily agree with that first part of the bold. They regarded him as the most holy prophet in that he did not sin; and was born of the virgin Mary, but was not the Messiah, Chosen One, or Son of God.

While that difference is core to separating the two religions, Muslims do believe in each and every prophet mentioned in the Bible. The primary difference is they believe that Muhammad was the last prophet rather than Jesus.

I don't understand how that means different Gods...

Don't necessarily agree with that first part of the bold. They regarded him as the most holy prophet in that he did not sin; and was born of the virgin Mary, but was not the Messiah, Chosen One, or Son of God.

(Just one correction if you don't mind!) I did a search of the word مسيح (maseeh, i.e. messiah) in the Quran:

‏3:45 اذ قالت الملائكة يامريم ان الله يبشرك بكلمة منه اسمه المسيح عيسى ابن مريم وجيها في الدنيا والاخرة ومن المقربين
‏4:157 وقولهم انا قتلنا المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الله وماقتلوه وماصلبوه ولكن شبه لهم وان الذين اختلفوا فيه لفي شك منه مالهم به من علم الا اتباع الظن وماقتلوه يقينا
‏4:171 يااهل الكتاب لاتغلوا في دينكم ولاتقولوا على الله الا الحق انما المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الله وكلمته القاها الى مريم وروح منه فامنوا بالله ورسله ولاتقولوا ثلاثة انتهوا خيرا لكم انما الله اله واحد سبحانه ان يكون له ولد له مافي السماوات ومافي الارض وكفى بالله وكيلا
‏4:172 لن يستنكف المسيح ان يكون عبدا لله ولا الملائكة المقربون ومن يستنكف عن عبادته ويستكبر فسيحشرهم اليه جميعا
‏5:17 لقد كفر الذين قالوا ان الله هو المسيح ابن مريم قل فمن يملك من الله شيئا ان اراد ان يهلك المسيح ابن مريم وامه ومن في الارض جميعا ولله ملك السماوات والارض ومابينهما يخلق مايشاء والله على كل شئ قدير
‏5:72 لقد كفر الذين قالوا ان الله هو المسيح ابن مريم وقال المسيح يابني اسرائيل اعبدوا الله ربي وربكم انه من يشرك بالله فقد حرم الله عليه الجنة وماواه النار وما للظالمين من انصار
‏5:75 ماالمسيح ابن مريم الا رسول قد خلت من قبله الرسل وامه صديقة كانا ياكلان الطعام انظر كيف نبين لهم الايات ثم انظر انى يؤفكون
‏9:30 وقالت اليهود عزير ابن الله وقالت النصارى المسيح ابن الله ذلك قولهم بافواههم ويضاهئون قول الذين كفروا من قبل قاتلهم الله انى يؤفكون
‏9:31 اتخذوا احبارهم ورهبانهم اربابا من دون الله والمسيح ابن مريم وماامروا الا ليعبدوا الها واحدا لااله الا هو سبحانه عما يشركون

I'll put the translation of the first one: "Lo! The angels said: "O Mary! Behold, God sends thee the glad tiding, through a word from Him, [of a son] who shall become known as the Christ (i.e. messiah) Jesus, son of Mary, of great honour in this world and in the life to come, and [shall be] of those who are drawn near unto God." [Addition of messiah was my own]

So Messiah... Yes. Chosen one... Yes. Son of God... It's always a tricky one to give a yes/no answer to because how to interpret it? For now I'll say no.

While that difference is core to separating the two religions, Muslims do believe in each and every prophet mentioned in the Bible. The primary difference is they believe that Muhammad was the last prophet rather than Jesus.

I don't understand how that means different Gods...

While Muslims say they believe in each and every prophet mentioned in the Bible, they don't really believe in the Bible. So what they actually believe is what Mohammad has said about each and every prophet mentioned in the Bible.

The same applies to God. Muslims say they believe in the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, but they believe what Mohammad has said about God, rather than what the Bible says.

I can accept that Muslims believe in Yahweh, but He is the God they do not know because they have chosen Mohammad as their intercessor.

While Muslims say they believe in each and every prophet mentioned in the Bible, they don't really believe in the Bible. So what they actually believe is what Mohammad has said about each and every prophet mentioned in the Bible.

The same applies to God. Muslims say they believe in the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, but they believe what Mohammad has said about God, rather than what the Bible says.

I can accept that Muslims believe in Yahweh, but He is the God they do not know because they have chosen Mohammad as their intercessor.

As opposed to - for example - taking Paul as an intercessor? This may seem like a harsh thing to say, but I have said it to show that each of us are relying on some means in between us and the Lord, so it is not really a valid argument. The more important matter is WHO we take from, WHY, and WHAT they are actually saying.

From the Statement of Faith

We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable, and manifests Himself in three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the promised Messiah, born of a virgin, totally without sin, God in human flesh, the One Who died on the cross for our sins, was buried, rose again from the dead on the third day, and ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven, where He now intercedes for us who believe in Him.

There was a simple question posed here with a simple answer. 14 pages later....the answer remains the same.

One thing is very strange, in that Americans who check off "Christian" on medical forms before abortion are those having 65% of those procedures every year, in numbers that consistently total 1.2 million, year in, year out.
Gays are getting maried, whereas in Iran, their are no homosexuals at all.
No Fault Divorce accounts for 50% of the conclusions of first marriages in America, amd pre-marital sex is so cpmmon that half of all babies in the USA are born illegitimate.

On the other hand, Allah is not God of the Jews because YHVH had a son.

As opposed to - for example - taking Paul as an intercessor? This may seem like a harsh thing to say, but I have said it to show that each of us are relying on some means in between us and the Lord, so it is not really a valid argument. The more important matter is WHO we take from, WHY, and WHAT they are actually saying.

You are making a vital mistake in stating that Christianity has taken Paul as an intercessor. I can use the Qu'ran to prove that Mohammed is Islam's intercessor, but you will be unable to find one single verse in which the Bible state's that Paul is an intercessor between God and man. In fact, Paul very clearly shows, promotes, and teaches (through the power of the Holy Spirit) that Jesus Christ is our only mediator with God.

The Qu'ran teaches that Mohammed is the accepted intercessor in Islam here:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Allah appointed him as an intercessor to plead for people's forgiveness[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]And, it is by the mercy of Allah that you were gentle with them (O beloved Prophet), for if you had been stern and fierce of heart they would have dispersed from around about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult with them upon the conduct of affairs. And when you are resolved, then put your trust in Allah. Surely, Allah loves those who trust. (3:159)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]And We did not send any (Prophetic) Messenger but that he should be obeyed by the permission of Allah. And if, when they were unjust to themselves, they had but come to you and asked forgiveness of Allah, and the (Prophetic) Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah Forgiving, Merciful. (4:64)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]O Prophet! When the believing women come to you, taking oath of allegiance to you that they will ascribe nothing as partner to Allah, and will not steal and will not commit adultry and will not kill their children, and will not produce any calumny, forging it between their hands and feet (regarding birth), nor disobey you in what is good, then accept their allegiance and ask forgiveness for them from Allah. Surely, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful! (60:12)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. An accepted intercessor[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]They will have no power of intercession save him who has made a covenant with the Most Beneficent. (19:87)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]On that Day no intercession avails except of him to whom the Most Beneficent has given permission and whose word He is pleased with. (20:109)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. His prayers a solace for hearts[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Realise the poor-due out of their wealth, to purify them and cleanse them therewith, and pray for them. Surely, your prayer is a solace for them. And Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. (9:103)[/SIZE][/FONT]
http://www.muhammad.net/excellent-q...-the-holy-quran-on-muhammad-saaw#intercessor2
The Bible shows that Jesus Christ is our Mediator and Intercessor and the only Holy and Perfect acceptable way to God the Father:

John 14:6 (These words are stated by Jesus)
Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Timothy 2:5-6 (These words are stated by Paul)
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 John 2:1-2 (These words are stated by John)
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Here are three examples (there are more) in which the Bible shows that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Apostle Paul, and the Apostle John all agree that Jesus Christ is our only mediator, our intercessor, our advocate.

So, once again, please show one Scripture from the Holy Bible in which Paul makes himself an intercessor between God and man?

The Bible and the Qu'ran have two opposing viewpoints concerning how to reach the Father God. The new question is:

Do you want to enter through Yeshua Ha-Mashiach?

Yeshua: The One who creates, the One who destroys, the One who saves, the One who knows you and wishes for you to experience Him.

or, do you want to enter through Mohammed?

Machmad (Muhammed in Hebrew): The pathway to overpowering chaos and separation.

[video=youtube;WXgnOX9RhqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgnOX9RhqQ[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgnOX9RhqQ

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

You are making a vital mistake in stating that Christianity has taken Paul as an intercessor. I can use the Qu'ran to prove that Mohammed is Islam's intercessor, but you will be unable to find one single verse in which the Bible state's that Paul is an intercessor between God and man. In fact, Paul very clearly shows, promotes, and teaches (through the power of the Holy Spirit) that Jesus Christ is our only mediator with God.

No, no. You misunderstood from the very outset - perhaps it was my mistake, apologies.

Let us look at what I was responding to:

So the allegation is that we are taking the intercessor or mediator or intermediary of Muhammad in between us and God, with respect to how we know God. To which I responded that this is accurate only insofar as Paul is the means by which aspects of Christianity are understood or practised. (Indeed, less so in Islam because we believe in the direct words of God, i.e. the Quran.)

As for the conspiracy looking into the pictogram representation of certain Hebrew letters... I'm afraid I don't have time for such things at the moment. But I would just note that if you want to use such things as evidence, feel free - but I choose not to.

No, no. You misunderstood from the very outset - perhaps it was my mistake, apologies.

Let us look at what I was responding to:

So the allegation is that we are taking the intercessor or mediator or intermediary of Muhammad in between us and God, with respect to how we know God. To which I responded that this is accurate only insofar as Paul is the means by which aspects of Christianity are understood or practised. (Indeed, less so in Islam because we believe in the direct words of God, i.e. the Quran.)

As for the conspiracy looking into the pictogram representation of certain Hebrew letters... I'm afraid I don't have time for such things at the moment. But I would just note that if you want to use such things as evidence, feel free - but I choose not to.
Muhammad is not on equal plane with Christ. Not even close. Your allah is not God.

Say it how ever you wish as kind as can be, it is still a lie from hell. Your god is no different then the golden calf in the desert.

The Qu'ran teaches that Mohammed is the accepted intercessor in Islam here:

The Bible shows that Jesus Christ is our Mediator and Intercessor and the only Holy and Perfect acceptable way to God the Father:

John 14:6 (These words are stated by Jesus)
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Timothy 2:5-6 (These words are stated by Paul)
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 John 2:1-2 (These words are stated by John)
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Here are three examples (there are more) in which the Bible shows that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Apostle Paul, and the Apostle John all agree that Jesus Christ is our only mediator, our intercessor, our advocate.

So, once again, please show one Scripture from the Holy Bible in which Paul makes himself an intercessor between God and man?

The Bible and the Qu'ran have two opposing viewpoints concerning how to reach the Father God. The new question is:

Do you want to enter through Yeshua Ha-Mashiach?

Yeshua: The One who creates, the One who destroys, the One who saves, the One who knows you and wishes for you to experience Him.

or, do you want to enter through Mohammed?

Machmad (Muhammed in Hebrew): The pathway to overpowering chaos and separation.

[video=youtube;WXgnOX9RhqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgnOX9RhqQ[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgnOX9RhqQ

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
lol in both pashto and dari mohammed is said mohmad. interesting.

Say it how ever you wish as kind as can be, it is still a lie from hell. Your god is no different then the golden calf in the desert.

And your words still are, as often before, harbingers of discord. How about being positive for a change?

Therefore go and make disciples of the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
[Matt. 28:19]

If you are insecure about how to do this:

In the same way, let your light shine before people, so that they can see your good deeds and give honor to your Father in heaven.
[Matt. 5:16]

Nowhere in the Bible did I read that you should belittle those who stand in opposition to your words. If anything, you are to dust your coat off and walk away, once you reach the point where nothing more can be said.

If your faith is truly strong, and you are as close to God as you try and make it seem, shouldn't you instead become an example, and in place of trying to show others what is wrong about their belief, to help bring them closer to the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ?

And this applies to TheLords (and by reaction proxy to jasoncran) as well. Is it so hard to see that videos of this sort do nothing but breed hatred and disharmony? Where is your striving for a universal brotherhood in Christ? How are you bringing his light to others through this?

And your words still are, as often before, harbingers of discord. How about being positive for a change?

Therefore go and make disciples of the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

In the same way, let your light shine before people, so that they can see your good deeds and give honor to your Father in heaven.

Nowhere in the Bible did I read that you should belittle those who stand in opposition to your words. If anything, you are to dust your coat off and walk away, once you reach the point where nothing more can be said.

If your faith is truly strong, and you are as close to God as you try and make it seem, shouldn't you instead become an example, and in place of trying to show others what is wrong about their belief, to help bring them closer to the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ?

And this applies to TheLords (and by reaction proxy to jasoncran) as well. Is it so hard to see that videos of this sort do nothing but breed hatred and disharmony? Where is your striving for a universal brotherhood in Christ? How are you bringing his light to others through this?
sir, the army made me learn pashto and dari quite recently and that is how they say his name over there.it wasnt meant to be inline with the lords with it being a fact just yet but its interesting that they say it that way or should this jew go and tell them muslims with boldness that allah is the same GOD that gave them hebrew their land.

yeah we know what happen with that. i would die.

ah yes jews and muslims calling allah one the same right? yet is he the same

how does a jew call his God with his name that has meanings to it allah?

does arabic have a pictographic language? NO it doesnt. only hebrew does it today to my knowledge.

Y as in yud meaning everything has point a beggining from G-D
H as in the breathe as all letters come from hai(hey)
V as vav meaning G-D comes down to you or you pull G-D to you and he dwells in you to protect you from all evil
H see above for hai
so in essence this NAME MEANS

G-D gave you your first breath, and he gives your next breath. or as jeff says he is the first person you see when your breathe and the last when you take your last breathe.

allah has no such level of meaning to it. nor does any arabic rendering of allah to my knowledge.
http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/kabbala_toons/default_cdo/aid/757516/jewish/Hey.htm

therefore, allah and YHWH cant be even close. the whole torah is to be burned by the ancient jews if one later(VAV) wasnt mentioned. so letters to the hebrews mean something. i cant call a muslim who hates me for what i am( a jew and christian) any brother. i know not all muslims think that way but many of them do.

Some folks believe appeasement is a good and Godly thing i dont.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

The deeds of Islam are evil.

Some folks believe appeasement is a good and Godly thing i dont.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

The deeds of Islam are evil.

Reba, what is the doctrine of Christ?

In this case
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

The doctrine of who Jesus is/was. The only begotten Son of the Living God. God incarnate. The Sacrificial Lamb!

In this case
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

The doctrine of who Jesus is/was. The only begotten Son of the Living God. God incarnate. The Sacrificial Lamb!

No, not in this case. Muslims do confess that Jesus came and was the Christ.

They are not the same.

1.) Islam is a unitarian faith. They do not believe the Godhead consists of a Trinity - it's actually blaspehmous to simply say that it is:

Qur'an 5:73-73: "They are surely disbelievers who blaspheme and say: ‘God is one of three in the Trinity for there is no Ilah (God) except One, Allah. If they desist not from saying this (blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall them - the disbelievers will suffer a painful doom."

Their god is a unitarian god. In their view, "god" is a single person/entity - unlike the Christian faith. The islamic faith clearly denies Jesus Christ as the Son of God:

[Qur'an 5:75]: "The Messiah, Christ, the son of Mary, was NO MORE than a messenger"

So the Qur'an DENIES that Jesus is the Son of God and claims He is nothing more than a simple messenger.

Jesus said: "No one can come to the father unless he comes through Me. IF you know Me, you KNOW the Father". [John 14:6,7]

So if someone doesn't Know Jesus, do they know God/The Father? Not according to the above verse they don't, no.

According to John 14:6,7 above, the Jewish, Muslim and Christian God are different. I mean it directly implies that if you do not know Jesus as the Son of God, then you do NOT know (the Christian) God! As far as that passage is concerned, if you deny Christ, you deny the Christian God and therefore when you claim a god, it is surely not the One of the bible.

Here is a verse from [First John 2:22]:

"Who is the liar if not he who is denying that Jesus is the Christ (which the Islamic faith does)?" This is the antichrist, who is denying the Father and the Son

And to quickly jump to this verse from the Qur'an:

[Surah 9:30]: "The Jews said, 'Ezra us the son of allah', while the Christians said, "Jesus is the son of Allah!". These are BLASPHEMIES (in other words, it's blasphemous to simply SAY that JESUS is the SON OF GOD) uttered by their mouths. They thus match the blasphemies of those who have disbelieved in the past. allah condemns them"

After reading the above quote FROM the Qur'an, I'll leave you (yet again) with [First John 2:22] from the bible:

"Who is the liar if not he who is denying
that Jesus is the Christ?" This is the antichrist, who is denying the Father and the Son.

I realize this is a fairly old post on this thread but since there is no thanks button on this forum, I thought I'd bump it today instead and say thank you for this post in person (so to speak)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back