Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus could have been disapproved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No, that doesn’t explain it at all. According to the writer of Hebrews, the Father is clearly applying Psalms 102:25-27 to the Son in verses 10-12, and in doing so, is saying the Son is YHWH who created everything. That supports what was stated in verse 2.
Psalm 110:1-quoted at Matt 22:44 proves 100% Jesus is not Jehovah. The name Jehovah( YHVH) belongs at both spots--The LORD said to my Lord is bogus translating. YHVH said to my Lord( Jesus) is correct.

I believe Scripture, not the man's theories of what God can do. Scripture says God has a Son, His only begotten:

4 Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name, If you know?
5 Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. (Prov. 30:4-5 NKJ)

Jesus has ascended into heaven, and descended into the lower parts of the earth. God the Word created all things, established the ends of the earth. Therefore, the answer to God's riddle about the name of His Son, is Jesus.

The Father says Jesus is His Son, therefore He is and all saying Jesus is not the Son of God, are liars.

And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased." (Lk. 3:22 NKJ)
Only begotten= created direct, first and last.

Psalm 110:1-quoted at Matt 22:44 proves 100% Jesus is not Jehovah. The name Jehovah( YHVH) belongs at both spots--The LORD said to my Lord is bogus translating. YHVH said to my Lord( Jesus) is correct.
I already stated we'll get back to that, yet you keep repeating it while avoiding Heb 1:10-12, which I have asked you to address several times. Please address it.

Only begotten= created direct, first and last.
That's not how 3439 μονογενής monogenes is used in the New Testament. In the Bible it means:

Meaning: 1) single of its kind, only 1a) used of only sons or daughters (viewed in relation to their parents) 1b) used of Christ, denotes the only begotten son of God
Origin: from 3441 and 1096; TDNT - 4:737,606; adj
Usage: AV - only begotten 6, only 2, only child 1; 9-Strong's Concordance

He are the verses where it appears in the NT. NEVER does it means "created":

NKJ Lk. 7:12 And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her.
42 for he had an only daughter about twelve years of age, and she was dying. But as He went, the multitudes thronged Him.
NKJ Lk. 9:38 Suddenly a man from the multitude cried out, saying, "Teacher, I implore You, look on my son, for he is my only child.
NKJ Jn. 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
NKJ Jn. 1:18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
NKJ Jn. 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
NKJ Jn. 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
NKJ Heb. 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
NKJ 1 Jn. 4:9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.

Believing in Jesus' Name is believing in the facts about Him, chief of which He is the "only begotten Son" of the Father:

NKJ Jn. 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

God cannot be put in a box, He is infinite and beyond our intellect to fully understand. Jesus is the Son of the Father, how precisely that can be no one truly knows. But scripture teaches it, therefore all who believe Scripture believe it:

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-4:1 NKJ)

I already stated we'll get back to that, yet you keep repeating it while avoiding Heb 1:10-12, which I have asked you to address several times. Please address it.
Need to begin with Hebrews 1:9, about Jesus' God who anointed him above his companions. After that, verse 10 is about Jesus' God who anointed him. Therefore verses 10-12 are about YHWH being the Creator, not Jesus.

Need to begin with Hebrews 1:9, about Jesus' God who anointed him above his companions. After that, verse 10 is about Jesus' God who anointed him. Therefore verses 10-12 are about YHWH being the Creator, not Jesus.
"The Word was God" (John 1:1) has two natures, human and divine: He is the "Son of Man" born of a virgin, and "Son of God" the only begotten Son of the Father.

Hence the Father calls Jesus God:

8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." (Heb. 1:8-9 NKJ)

His human nature can be "anointed" with oil, doesn't affect or imply anything about His divine nature.

"The Word was God" (John 1:1) has two natures, human and divine: He is the "Son of Man" born of a virgin, and "Son of God" the only begotten Son of the Father.

Hence the Father calls Jesus God:

8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." (Heb. 1:8-9 NKJ)

His human nature can be "anointed" with oil, doesn't affect or imply anything about His divine nature.
Need to dig a little deeper where this passage is quoted from Psalm 45:6 where the "God" they are referring to is actually a human king with a queen. The original context from which Hebrews 1:8 draws from is not about God, but a god with a God. Of course, those to whom the word of God came are themselves gods in their own right (John 10:34,35) but not in the sense of them being deity.

So when Psalm 45:6 transfers to Hebrews 1:8,9 it doesn't follow that this is calling Jesus God, but rather a god with a God who anointed him. This is also evident in the context of Hebrews 1. The Son has a God, the Son has a Father, the Son is subordinate to God.

So Hebrews 1:10-12 is about YHWH, not Jesus, being the creator.

Hebrews 7
7And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

Need to dig a little deeper where this passage is quoted from Psalm 45:6 where the "God" they are referring to is actually a human king with a queen. The original context from which Hebrews 1:8 draws from is not about God, but a god with a God. Of course, those to whom the word of God came are themselves gods in their own right (John 10:34,35) but not in the sense of them being deity.

So when Psalm 45:6 transfers to Hebrews 1:8,9 it doesn't follow that this is calling Jesus God, but rather a god with a God who anointed him. This is also evident in the context of Hebrews 1. The Son has a God, the Son has a Father, the Son is subordinate to God.

So Hebrews 1:10-12 is about YHWH, not Jesus, being the creator.

Hebrews 7
7And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
Yes, we do. God the Holy Spirit in the New Testament applies this to the Son King Jesus:

But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. (Heb. 1:8 NKJ)

This follows the sacred hermeneutical principle words would be "unsealed" at the appointed time:

9 And he said, "Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 "Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. (Dan. 12:9-10 NKJ)

The coming of Christ is considered "the end of the ages" (Heb. 9:26). Things even angels desired to know have been revealed to the Church, things concerning Christ and salvation through Him:

10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.
12 To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven-- things which angels desire to look into. (1 Pet. 1:10-12 NKJ)

Believing in the Name of Jesus, that He is the only begotten Son of the Father, is necessary for salvation:

"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (Jn. 3:18 NKJ)

Yes, we do. God the Holy Spirit in the New Testament applies this to the Son King Jesus:

But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. (Heb. 1:8 NKJ)

This follows the sacred hermeneutical principle words would be "unsealed" at the appointed time:

9 And he said, "Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 "Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. (Dan. 12:9-10 NKJ)

The coming of Christ is considered "the end of the ages" (Heb. 9:26). Things even angels desired to know have been revealed to the Church, things concerning Christ and salvation through Him:

10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.
12 To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven-- things which angels desire to look into. (1 Pet. 1:10-12 NKJ)

Believing in the Name of Jesus, that He is the only begotten Son of the Father, is necessary for salvation:

"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (Jn. 3:18 NKJ)
No argument from me about Jesus being the begotten Son of God. I believe that. Just the Son isn't YHWH.

No, it isn't. I've fully addressed this with you elsewhere, but I'll provide it again here. The entire chapter, and beyond, is about Jesus's superiority to the angels. The whole book is about why Jesus's absolute supremacy makes him the mediator of a better covenant and the eternal priest and king. There is nothing in the first chapter that is addressed directly to the Father because he is not the focus of the chapter, the Son is.

First, beginning in verse 5 we see, "For to which of the angels did God ever say," and what follows are two quotes from the OT. We know that that is God saying those things of the Son. Verse 6 is the same. Verse 7 switches to God speaking about angels, with a quote from the OT.

Second, we see in the beginning of verse 8: "But of the Son he says." What follows in the rest of the verse and verse 9 is a single quote from Psalms 45:6-7, being addressed to the Son. The "And" in verse 10 links back to the beginning of verse 8, and starts another single quote, from Psalms 102:25-27. There is only one legitimate understanding and that is that the writer of Hebrews, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, shows the Father applying the quote from Psalms 102:25-27 to the Son.

Third, we see in verse 13 that God is speaking again, with a quote from the OT.

Heb 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship him.”
Heb 1:7 Of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire.”
Heb 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”
Heb 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;
Heb 1:11 they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment,
Heb 1:12 like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.”
Heb 1:13 And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”? (ESV)

The point is that the only one speaking from verses 5-13 is God, the Father, with many quotes from the OT being applied to the Son, as Messiah, and angels. That shows that the Father cannot be the one being the spoken of in verses 10-12. And, that is apart from the plain meaning and use of "And."

So, your understanding ignores grammar, the plain purpose of using "And," and context. To say that verses 10-12 are about the Father makes absolutely no sense; that Yahweh created everything and would continue to live forever goes without saying, which would make it a pointless addition. It is entirely out of place and inconsistent with the flow of the rest of the chapter.

No argument from me about Jesus being the begotten Son of God. I believe that. Just the Son isn't YHWH.
Only One God, Yahweh alone is God in a compound unity

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one (0259 אֶחָד 'echad)! (Deut. 6:4 NKJ)

In the One Name of God, three divine Persons subsist equally. We are baptized in the Holy Trinity taught by Jesus:

19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. (Matt. 28:19-20 NKJ)

A "name" in scripture is like a "list of ingredients" or essence of what is named. Those who deny the Holy Trinity, that Jesus is Yahweh the Son, do not believe in the name of Jesus that He is the Only Begotten Son of the Father.

In this text we read Yahweh on earth calls down fire upon Sodom from Yahweh in heaven:

Then Yahweh rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from Yahweh out of the heavens. (Gen. 19:24)

If you listen you can see i did. You draw your own conclusion after examining bible evidence.

Only One God, Yahweh alone is God in a compound unity

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one (0259 אֶחָד 'echad)! (Deut. 6:4 NKJ)

In the One Name of God, three divine Persons subsist equally. We are baptized in the Holy Trinity taught by Jesus:

19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. (Matt. 28:19-20 NKJ)

A "name" in scripture is like a "list of ingredients" or essence of what is named. Those who deny the Holy Trinity, that Jesus is Yahweh the Son, do not believe in the name of Jesus that He is the Only Begotten Son of the Father.

In this text we read Yahweh on earth calls down fire upon Sodom from Yahweh in heaven:

Then Yahweh rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from Yahweh out of the heavens. (Gen. 19:24)
The LORD being one refers to there being One Person Who is God in the numerical sense (John 17:3, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:6, etc.) A compound unity of multiple persons who are God is unprecedented in Scripture. For example, LORD (YHWH) is singular in Hebrew.

The One who did the actual creating is one person. YHWH created the heavens and earth alone (Genesis 2:4) YHWH created man alone (Genesis 2:7) YHWH planted the garden of Eden alone (Genesis 2:8) etc.

Isaiah 44:24 directly says this:

24Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Last edited:
No, it isn't. I've fully addressed this with you elsewhere, but I'll provide it again here. The entire chapter, and beyond, is about Jesus's superiority to the angels. The whole book is about why Jesus's absolute supremacy makes him the mediator of a better covenant and the eternal priest and king. There is nothing in the first chapter that is addressed directly to the Father because he is not the focus of the chapter, the Son is.

First, beginning in verse 5 we see, "For to which of the angels did God ever say," and what follows are two quotes from the OT. We know that that is God saying those things of the Son. Verse 6 is the same. Verse 7 switches to God speaking about angels, with a quote from the OT.

Second, we see in the beginning of verse 8: "But of the Son he says." What follows in the rest of the verse and verse 9 is a single quote from Psalms 45:6-7, being addressed to the Son. The "And" in verse 10 links back to the beginning of verse 8, and starts another single quote, from Psalms 102:25-27. There is only one legitimate understanding and that is that the writer of Hebrews, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, shows the Father applying the quote from Psalms 102:25-27 to the Son.

Third, we see in verse 13 that God is speaking again, with a quote from the OT.

Heb 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship him.”
Heb 1:7 Of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire.”
Heb 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”
Heb 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;
Heb 1:11 they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment,
Heb 1:12 like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.”
Heb 1:13 And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”? (ESV)

The point is that the only one speaking from verses 5-13 is God, the Father, with many quotes from the OT being applied to the Son, as Messiah, and angels. That shows that the Father cannot be the one being the spoken of in verses 10-12. And, that is apart from the plain meaning and use of "And."

So, your understanding ignores grammar, the plain purpose of using "And," and context. To say that verses 10-12 are about the Father makes absolutely no sense; that Yahweh created everything and would continue to live forever goes without saying, which would make it a pointless addition. It is entirely out of place and inconsistent with the flow of the rest of the chapter.
Boils down to a disagreement and a different perspective, but prophetic utterances of the LORD and Jesus show that they are separate persons.

For example, Hebrews 1:5 says there was a particular day in which God said to the Son that He became the Son's Father. The Old Testament equivalent of this verse is Psalm 2:7 where the LORD is the one referred to as God and the Son's Father in Hebrews 1:5. That means the Father is YHWH.

Same thing in Hebrews 1:13 which says that God said for him to sit at His right hand. In Psalm 110:1 it says "the LORD said to my Lord" which shows distinction between these two persons.

Plainly, one is called God and the other isn't.

In Hebrews 1:10-12, since we already have clear precedent where the LORD (YHWH) is God, the Father, and not the Son, then Hebrews 1:10-12 doesn't refer to Jesus being the Creator. One may be able to play word games, but the context and description of the persons is concrete; throughout the entire chapter of Hebrews 1, no matter if we look at the Old or New Testament, the Son is spoken of as a distinctly separate being from the one being called God.

The LORD being one refers to there being One Person Who is God in the numerical sense (John 17:3, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:6, etc.) A compound unity of multiple persons who are God is unprecedented in Scripture. For example, LORD (YHWH) is singular in Hebrew.
Incorrect. Compound Unity is revealed in the creation of man in "our image and likeness"
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." (Gen. 1:26 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed when God confused the languages:
"Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." (Gen. 11:7 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed when Three men appear to Abraham, and at first its stand to be an appearance of Yahweh:
1 Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.
2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, (Gen. 18:1-2 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed when Yahweh the Son rains down fire upon Sodom from Yahweh the Father in heaven:
Then Yahweh rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from Yahweh out of the heavens. (Gen. 19:24 )

Compound Unity when the Lord asks "who will go for us"
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." (Isa. 6:8 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed when the Seraphim praise our One God thrice:
And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!" (Isa. 6:3 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed at Jesus' Baptism:
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased (Matt. 3:16-17 NKJ)

Christians are baptized in the Compound Unity of God Holy Name (Singular in Greek, but Three are named):
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19 NKJ)

Man is in the mirror image of God (Gen. 1:26-27), One Person in a compound unity body soul spirit mirror image of One God Three Persons:
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess. 5:23 NKJ)

Compound Unity when the Spirit speaking to the Churches Calls Jesus Almighty God, The Alpha and Omega:
7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:7-8 NKJ)

There can only be one Yahweh in a Compound Unity, who is "the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Almighty" God, Father Son and Holy Spirit.

It is written:
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)

Last edited:
Boils down to a disagreement and a different perspective,
No, it does not. It boils down to how to properly use hermeneutics and understanding how language works.

but prophetic utterances of the LORD and Jesus show that they are separate persons.
They show that the Son is Yahweh, such as in Heb 1:10-12.

For example, Hebrews 1:5 says there was a particular day in which God said to the Son that He became the Son's Father. The Old Testament equivalent of this verse is Psalm 2:7 where the LORD is the one referred to as God and the Son's Father in Hebrews 1:5. That means the Father is YHWH.
Of course the Father is YHWH, but so is the Son.

Same thing in Hebrews 1:13 which says that God said for him to sit at His right hand. In Psalm 110:1 it says "the LORD said to my Lord" which shows distinction between these two persons.
Of course they’re distinct persons.

Plainly, one is called God and the other isn't.
Right.

In Hebrews 1:10-12, since we already have clear precedent where the LORD (YHWH) is God, the Father, and not the Son, then Hebrews 1:10-12 doesn't refer to Jesus being the Creator.
That is a clear case of fallaciously begging the question. There is only one understanding of those verses based on a plain reading and basic understanding of context and grammar: the Father is attributing the work of creation to the Son, implying he is also YHWH.

One may be able to play word games, but the context and description of the persons is concrete; throughout the entire chapter of Hebrews 1, no matter if we look at the Old or New Testament, the Son is spoken of as a distinctly separate being from the one being called God.
Of course he is a separate person from the Father; that is what the doctrine of the Trinity teaches.

Incorrect. Compound Unity is revealed in the creation of man in "our image and likeness"
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." (Gen. 1:26 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed when God confused the languages:
"Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." (Gen. 11:7 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed when Three men appear to Abraham, and at first its stand to be an appearance of Yahweh:
1 Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.
2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, (Gen. 18:1-2 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed when Yahweh the Son rains down fire upon Sodom from Yahweh the Father in heaven:
Then Yahweh rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from Yahweh out of the heavens. (Gen. 19:24 )

Compound Unity when the Lord asks "who will go for us"
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." (Isa. 6:8 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed when the Seraphim praise our One God thrice:
And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!" (Isa. 6:3 NKJ)

Compound Unity is revealed at Jesus' Baptism:
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased (Matt. 3:16-17 NKJ)

Christians are baptized in the Compound Unity of God Holy Name (Singular in Greek, but Three are named):
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19 NKJ)

Man is in the mirror image of God (Gen. 1:26-27), One Person in a compound unity body soul spirit mirror image of One God Three Persons:
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess. 5:23 NKJ)

Compound Unity when the Spirit speaking to the Churches Calls Jesus Almighty God, The Alpha and Omega:
7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:7-8 NKJ)

There can only be one Yahweh in a Compound Unity, who is "the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Almighty" God, Father Son and Holy Spirit.

It is written:

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)
False. God is just one person known as the Father as John 17:3, Ephesians 4:6, and 1 Corinthians 8:6 say.

Check out Exodus 7:1, Exodus 22:20, Judges 6:31, Judges 11:24, and 1 Samuel 5:7. Elohim can refer to single beings. Why elohim is a plural word and yet YHWH is clear about being a singular person who created alone is because elohim refers to intensification or amplification. That's why elohim is attributed to a singular person.

Isaiah 44
24Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Renowned Hebrew scholar Gesenius said so. There isn't a greater authority on Hebrew than him.

"That the language has entirely rejected the idea of numerical plurality in Elohim (whenever it denotes one God), is proved especially by its being almost invariably joined with a singular attribute"

Gesenius’ Hebrew Grammar (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1910), p. 399.

Furthermore, men and YHWH being in proximity doesn't necessitate one being the other. For example, where men and YHWH are mentioned in the same context, we can rightly conclude that God is still not a man and a man is still not God. For Scripture plainly states God is not a man or the son of man.

Numbers 23
19God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man,

Hosea 11
9I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man;

Additionally, provided that people who are themselves made in the image of God, are not themselves 3 persons in one being. We each are one person just like God is.

False. God is just one person known as the Father as John 17:3, Ephesians 4:6, and 1 Corinthians 8:6 say.

Check out Exodus 7:1, Exodus 22:20, Judges 6:31, Judges 11:24, and 1 Samuel 5:7. Elohim can refer to single beings. Why elohim is a plural word and yet YHWH is clear about being a singular person who created alone is because elohim refers to intensification or amplification. That's why elohim is attributed to a singular person.
Incorrect. I documented Compound Unity multiple times. Your eisegesis notwithstanding:

Jesus is both God and Man, the Son of Man and Son of God, therefore His perspective is from two places: As a man on earth, and as God in Heaven. John 17:3 is Jesus on earth looking heavenward, and of course God (Father Son Holy Spirit) is the only true God.

Jesus is glorifying Yahweh God "on the earth":
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
4 "I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. (Jn. 17:3-4 NKJ)

Paul is endeavoring to keep the Compound Unity that God manifests:
3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Eph. 4:3-6 NKJ)

Only one God exists, He is our Father Creator, and we are baptized in His name (singular), Father Son and Holy Spirit in Compound Unity:

What is true of false gods is not true of the true God:
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. (1 Cor. 8:5-7 NKJ)

That is why an idol cannot represent God, He is infinite in Compound Unity, not like the false God Dagon
And when the men of Ashdod saw how it was, they said, "The ark of the God of Israel must not remain with us, for His hand is harsh toward us and Dagon our god." (1 Sam. 5:7 NKJ)

You cannot liken Yahweh God to Dagan. The comparison is offensive:
25 "To whom then will you liken Me, Or to whom shall I be equal?" says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes on high, And see who has created these things, Who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, By the greatness of His might And the strength of His power; Not one is missing. (Isa. 40:25-26 NKJ)

5 "To whom will you liken Me, and make Me equal And compare Me, that we should be alike?
6 They lavish gold out of the bag, And weigh silver on the scales; They hire a goldsmith, and he makes it a god; They prostrate themselves, yes, they worship.
7 They bear it on the shoulder, they carry it And set it in its place, and it stands; From its place it shall not move. Though one cries out to it, yet it cannot answer Nor save him out of his trouble.
8 "Remember this, and show yourselves men; Recall to mind, O you transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying,`My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,'
11 Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it.
12 "Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, Who are far from righteousness:
13 I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off; My salvation shall not linger. And I will place salvation in Zion, For Israel My glory. (Isa. 46:5-13 NKJ)

6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."
7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,"
8 and "A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. (1 Pet. 2:6-8 NKJ)

It is written:

Last edited:
Incorrect. I documented Compound Unity multiple times. Your eisegesis notwithstanding:

Jesus is both God and Man, the Son of Man and Son of God, therefore His perspective is from two places: As a man on earth, and as God in Heaven. John 17:3 is Jesus on earth looking heavenward, and of course God (Father Son Holy Spirit) is the only true God. Jesus is glorifying Yahweh God "on the earth":

3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
4 "I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. (Jn. 17:3-4 NKJ)

Paul is endeavoring to keep the Compound Unity that God manifests:
3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Eph. 4:3-6 NKJ)

Only one God exists, He is our Father Creator, and we are baptized in His name (singular), Father Son and Holy Spirit in Compound Unity:

From your grasping at Straw we see desperation:
And when the men of Ashdod saw how it was, they said, "The ark of the God of Israel must not remain with us, for His hand is harsh toward us and Dagon our god." (1 Sam. 5:7 NKJ)

You cannot liken Yahweh God to Dagan:
25 "To whom then will you liken Me, Or to whom shall I be equal?" says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes on high, And see who has created these things, Who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, By the greatness of His might And the strength of His power; Not one is missing. (Isa. 40:25-26 NKJ)

5 "To whom will you liken Me, and make Me equal And compare Me, that we should be alike?
6 They lavish gold out of the bag, And weigh silver on the scales; They hire a goldsmith, and he makes it a god; They prostrate themselves, yes, they worship.
7 They bear it on the shoulder, they carry it And set it in its place, and it stands; From its place it shall not move. Though one cries out to it, yet it cannot answer Nor save him out of his trouble.
8 "Remember this, and show yourselves men; Recall to mind, O you transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying,`My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,'
11 Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it.
12 "Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, Who are far from righteousness:
13 I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off; My salvation shall not linger. And I will place salvation in Zion, For Israel My glory. (Isa. 46:5-13 NKJ)

6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."
7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,"
8 and "A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. (1 Pet. 2:6-8 NKJ)

It is written:
False. The examples you provided to support your compound unity theory are directly contradicted by Scripture that say that the one person who is God is known as the Father or YHWH and Gesenius an authority on Hebrew grammar. Same title/name for the same God.

Below, the LORD is directly referred to as the Father. He said there is no one else, there is no God but Him. This is in complete harmony with what Jesus and the apostles taught concerning God, Him being one person known as the Father.

Isaiah 64
8But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Isaiah 45
5I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Malachi 2
10Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Furthermore, Paul taught distinction between Jesus and the LORD God in Romans 10:11-13:

Verse 11 - refers back to Isaiah 28:16 where the LORD and the cornerstone (Jesus) are not the same person.
Verse 12 - Says the Lord is the Lord of all and Ephesians 4:4-6 says there is one Lord, One God and Father over all. The Lord God Almighty, the Highest Lord over all, is the Father in Scripture.
Verse 13 - Refers back to Joel 2:32 where the name of the LORD being called up is YHWH, not Jesus.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

False. The examples you provided to support your compound unity theory are directly contradicted by Scripture that say that the one person who is God is known as the Father or YHWH and Gesenius an authority on Hebrew grammar. Same title/name for the same God.

Below, the LORD is directly referred to as the Father. He said there is no one else, there is no God but Him. This is in complete harmony with what Jesus and the apostles taught concerning God, Him being one person known as the Father.

Isaiah 64
8But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Isaiah 45
5I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Malachi 2
10Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Furthermore, Paul taught distinction between Jesus and the LORD God in Romans 10:11-13:

Verse 11 - refers back to Isaiah 28:16 where the LORD and the cornerstone (Jesus) are not the same person.
Verse 12 - Says the Lord is the Lord of all and Ephesians 4:4-6 says there is one Lord, One God and Father over all. The Lord God Almighty, the Highest Lord over all, is the Father in Scripture.
Verse 13 - Refers back to Joel 2:32 where the name of the LORD being called up is YHWH, not Jesus.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Repeating a failed argument doesn't win the debate. Find one quote where Gesenius denies the Holy Trinity. Be certain to provide the precise denial and where it appears.

Christ often explained He and the Father are one, and like you the Jews wanted to stone Him for it:
30 "I and My Father are one."
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
32 Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?"
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God." (Jn. 10:30-33 NKJ)

They were right, Jesus was making Himself to be God. But as the Master of Street Preaching, He deflects the mob by quoting scripture to "take the wind out of their sails" because had they cast stones angels would have killed them on the spot (Mt. 26:53-54).

To save their lives Jesus quotes scripture to confuse them:

34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law,`I said, "You are gods "'?
35 "If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
36 "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world,`You are blaspheming,' because I said,`I am the Son of God '? (Jn. 10:34-36 NKJ)

But this in no way denied He was saying He is God, God the Son. But it did stop them from throwing stones, saving their lives.

They were on the brink of fire coming down from heaven to consume them.

Merciful Jesus saved them, but He does not leave without wryly repeating His claim to be one with God, the only begotten Son of the Father:

37 "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;
38 "but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him."
39 Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their hand. (Jn. 10:37-39 NKJ)

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back