Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Died For You To Be Saved

Nope. Entirely Judas' free will to betray Jesus, be lost, and fulfill prophecy. Nothing to do with failing on Jesus or God's part.

John 17
12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

and there are many reasons fro that lack of assurance.
One big one being "How do i know i wont sin, and thus never have been saved?"

Your doctrine will inevitably result in such. Make sure you never willfully sin even ONCE in the future!

Was David "never saved" until after his repentance for murder? Was Peter, who denied Jesus after being WARNED, "never saved" until after his repentance for the 3x denial?

This is just not Biblical or true.
Ah, so you DO think the Gospel is a message of 'be afraid'. Ok.

1 John 5:13

John 3:16 debunks your statement.

Nope. Entirely Judas' free will to betray Jesus, be lost, and fulfill prophecy. Nothing to do with failing on Jesus or God's part.

John 17
12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
Judas' betrayal was ordained by the Lord.
One big one being "How do i know i wont sin, and thus never have been saved?"

Your doctrine will inevitably result in such. Make sure you never willfully sin even ONCE in the future!

Was David "never saved" until after his repentance for murder? Was Peter, who denied Jesus after being WARNED, "never saved" until after his repentance for the 3x denial?

Ah, so you DO think the Gospel is a message of 'be afraid'. Ok.

1 John 5:13

John 3:16 debunks your statement.
So you believe that you are sinless and if you sin, you are not saved.

Is that correct?

John 17
So according to you Jesus fell short here of His Fathers will correct ? Jn 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 17

Not according to Scripture. Jesus didn't even know who it was going to be until it happened.
Let Scriptures correct you.

John 6:64 “But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

John 17

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

How many times are you going to ask the same question and get the same answer? Look, if you need a hill to die on you can have it. Meanwhile, Scripture refutes you.

John 17

Let Scriptures correct you.

John 6:64 “But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.
Fine, but now let Scripture correct you. Judas was a believer that Jesus is the Holy One of God, but still lost his salvation.

John 6
67So Jesus asked the Twelve, “Do you want to leave too?”

68Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God."

Fine, but now let Scripture correct you. Judas was a believer that Jesus is the Holy One of God, but still lost his salvation.

John 6
67So Jesus asked the Twelve, “Do you want to leave too?”

68Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God."
Your Scripture has not corrected me.

Nothing is said about Judas being regenerated.

By the way....

James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Also...

John 2:23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name, when they saw His signs which He was doing.
John 2:24 But Jesus, on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men,
John 2:25 and because He had no need that anyone bear witness concerning man, for He Himself knew what was in man.

John 2:23-24

many believed in His name. … But Jesus did not commit Himself. John based both of these two phrases on the same Greek verb for "believe." This verse subtly reveals the true nature of belief from a biblical standpoint. Because of what they knew of Jesus from His miraculous signs, many came to believe in Him. However, Jesus made it His habit not to wholeheartedly "entrust" or "commit" Himself to them because He knew their hearts. Verse Joh_2:24 indicates that Jesus looked for genuine conversion rather than enthusiasm for the spectacular. The latter verse also leaves a subtle doubt as to the genuineness of the conversion of some (cf. Joh_8:31-32). This emphatic contrast between verses Joh_2:23, 24 in terms of type of trust, therefore, reveals that literally "belief into His name" involved much more than intellectual assent. It called for whole-hearted commitment of one's life as Jesus' disciple (cf. Mat_10:37; Mat_16:24-26).

Your Scripture has not corrected me.

Nothing is said about Judas being regenerated.

By the way....

James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Also...

John 2:23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name, when they saw His signs which He was doing.
John 2:24 But Jesus, on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men,
John 2:25 and because He had no need that anyone bear witness concerning man, for He Himself knew what was in man.

John 2:23-24
Yes you were corrected.

So in John 6:67-29, Jesus asked the 12 a question and Peter said "we believe and know." That would be Peter saying he and the 11 disciples believe and know Jesus is the holy one of God. I am pretty sure Peter is a better authority on this than you are since he was there after all.

So Judas, though a betrayer, was a believer afterall.

Yes you were corrected.

So in John 6:67-29, Jesus asked the 12 a question and Peter said "we believe and know." That would be Peter saying he and the 11 disciples believe and know Jesus is the holy one of God. I am pretty sure Peter is a better authority on this than you are since he was there after all.

So Judas, though a betrayer, was a believer afterall.
Why do you want Judas to be saved?

Does it justify your own walk and leaving the faith?

You have convinced not one and have proven you do not understand the Scriptures on this matter.

Its ok.

Why do you want Judas to be saved?

Does it justify your own walk and leaving the faith?

You have convinced not one and have proven you do not understand the Scriptures on this matter.

Its ok.
I don't want it one way or the other as if it's a personal preference. I just want to make sure you have the right idea about Scripture. Right now, you have the idea that Calvinism is correct and it isn't at all. That's dangerous for you and others. While this may seem like an argument or debate, I am not here or paid for my services. I simply care about you and want you to know the truth.

I don't want it one way or the other as if it's a personal preference. I just want to make sure you have the right idea about Scripture. Right now, you have the idea that Calvinism is correct and it isn't at all. That's dangerous for you and others. While this may seem like an argument or debate, I am not here or paid for my services. I simply care about you and want you to know the truth.
And I the same for you.

However, how do you know Calvinism is wrong and dangerous?

Do you even understand the whole of the Doctrines of Grace?

What makes it dangerous.

This is not a debate, I have very curious.

What I see that is dangerous is that people believe that they are truly regenerated and can turn around and leave the faith.

The issue is they were never really saved and they were given a false sense of security from humans and self-deception that they were saved because they "believed".

Yes you were corrected.

So Judas, though a betrayer, was a believer after all.
Kinda like faith alone, belief alone won't save anyone.

How many times are you going to ask the same question and get the same answer? Look, if you need a hill to die on you can have it. Meanwhile, Scripture refutes you.

John 17

What I see that is dangerous is that people believe that they are truly regenerated and can turn around and leave the faith.

The issue is they were never really saved and they were given a false sense of security from humans and self-deception that they were saved because they "believed".
What do you believe regeneration is?

Back