Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus Died For You To Be Saved

Would that be the truth that Jesus said could make us free from committing sin ? (John 8:32-34)
That Christ saved sinners from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

That Christ saved sinners from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
So salvation is being saved from sins? The Bible says one can lose the sin sacrifice. Hebrews 10:26, 1 John 1:7

Salvation from Christ is eternal and cant be lost.
Thanks for repeating what i said.

Agreed. You can't just trip on a bannana peel and go "Whoopsies! I dropped my salvation on the floor and it fell somehwere!"

Please read the bold text below as well.
If you want to be unsaved, it has to be an act of will.

hebrews 10:26

For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

salvation can be lost?
I wouldn't say that it can be "lost". Mabye "rejected"?

Humans have free will so they can change from Saved to Unsaved if they wish. Anyone who knows their Bible well enough should probably realize this.

I, personally, want to be and stay Saved. And not go back.

I wouldn't say that it can be "lost". Mabye "rejected"?

Humans have free will so they can change from Saved to Unsaved if they wish. Anyone who knows their Bible well enough should probably realize this.

I, personally, want to be and stay Saved. And not go back.
The Bible makes a number of conditional statements where staying saved depends on what someone does.

1 Corinthians 15:2 "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain."

Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully...there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, "

1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin"

"He will save His people from their sins.”

So what does that mean?
What does it mean ? It means He shall save His People from their sins DUH. In contrast some people are going to die in their sins Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

What does it mean ? It means He shall save His People from their sins DUH. In contrast some people are going to die in their sins Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
You have to believe he is the Christ which means the anointed one. No one is inherently anointed by themselves, but by someone greater than themselves.

John 4
25The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.”
26Jesus answered, “I who speak to you am He.”

However, the one doing the actual saving through this belief is God, not Jesus.

John 3
16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

You have to believe he is the Christ which means the anointed one. No one is inherently anointed by themselves, but by someone greater than themselves.

John 4
25The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.”
26Jesus answered, “I who speak to you am He.”

However, the one doing the actual saving through this belief is God, not Jesus.

John 3
16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.
If He saves you, you will believe in Him, that means He saved you from your sins.

If He saves you, you will believe in Him, that means He saved you from your sins.
And Judas lost his eternal life.

John 17
2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

John 17
12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

And Judas lost his eternal life.

John 17
2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

John 17
12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
No he didn't.

Back