Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Died For You To Be Saved

See my last post to you.
This takes away from Christ

Romans 5:18-19
18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

We know from many other passages in the NT, that, about the "righteousness that leads to justification and life," Paul is speaking generally and potentially; he means to say that the opportunity for "justification and life" through the righteousness of Jesus Christ is available to everybody, not that Jesus has actually imposed these things on everyone, so that all are saved, regardless of how they live and what they believe. This is the false doctrine of universalism, which the NT clearly contradicts.

What's your work around for everything I have shown so far that doesn't work with what you're saying?

These people who were once joined with Christ, became estranged or severed from Christ, and fell from grace.

Galatians 5
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Salvation from Christ is eternal and cant be lost. Heb 9 12

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb 5:9

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

His Salvation causes obedience and its eternal.

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Ok? Keep reading.

Hebrews 10
26If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume all adversaries. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

The writer of Heb. 10:38-39 seems to disagree with you.
"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul."
Jesus disagrees also with you.
He said..."...he that endureth to the end shall be saved." (Matt 10:22)
The eternal redemption is only for those that obey Him.
Tell that to Ananias and Sapphira, from Acts 5.

Ok? Keep reading.

Hebrews 10
26If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume all adversaries. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

The writer of Heb. 10:38-39 seems to disagree with you.
"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul."
Jesus disagrees also with you.
He said..."...he that endureth to the end shall be saved." (Matt 10:22)

The eternal redemption is only for those that obey Him.

Tell that to Ananias and Sapphira, from Acts 5.

Salvation from Christ is eternal and cant be lost.
Agreed. You can't just trip on a bannana peel and go "Whoopsies! I dropped my salvation on the floor and it fell somehwere!" If you want to be unsaved, it has to be an act of will.

hebrews 10:26
For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Talk to Ananias and Sapphira.
If we obey Him, we will be found faultless on the last day.
Our obedience comes first, as the disobedient can't avail themselves of the Advocate.

Agreed. You can't just trip on a bannana peel and go "Whoopsies! I dropped my salvation on the floor and it fell somehwere!" If you want to be unsaved, it has to be an act of will.

hebrews 10:26
For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Salvation from Christ is eternal and cant be lost.

Talk to Ananias and Sapphira.
If we obey Him, we will be found faultless on the last day.
Our obedience comes first, as the disobedient can't avail themselves of the Advocate.

You are right, with the fact in mind that salvation won't be granted until the book of life is opened.
Heb 5:
That salvation will be eternal.
I am glad it is possible to obey Him perfectly !
Only the obedient will be found in the book of life on the day of judgement.
Our obedience will insure our salvation.

If you want to know what I believe about salvation please visit some of my threads where I go into detail
You're a Calvinist so I already know what you believe, but I ask questions for you to know what you believe. Are your beliefs about "salvation" threatened by my question? I think they are. Salvation probably isn't what you think it is.

Back