Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Died For You To Be Saved

But you didn't say what you think the wrath actually is.
Eternal punishment in hell.

Hell is a place of eternal, conscious torment for everyone who does not trust in Jesus Christ. Hell involves final separation from God’s mercy and from God’s people, unending experience of divine judgment, and just retribution for sin.

Nothing is said about giving Judas eternal life there you read that into it
Yes it does. There is more in the context, but you're attempting to deny who Jesus was speaking to. In verse 23 it says "Then said Jesus unto his disciples..." When Peter said "we" and Jesus was speaking to "them" then it's the 12 disciples. Judas was also one of them who had left his life to follow Jesus. Judas was told he would have eternal life along with the other 11.

Yes it does. There is more in the context, but you're attempting to deny who Jesus was speaking to. In verse 23 it says "Then said Jesus unto his disciples..." When Peter said "we" and Jesus was speaking to "them" then it's the 12 disciples. Judas was also one of them who had left his life to follow Jesus. Judas was told he would have eternal life along with the other 11.
Judas was never regenerate.

Matthew 26:24 “The Son of Man is going, just as it is written of Him; but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.”

Matthew 26:25 And Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, “Surely not I, Rabbi?” Jesus *said to him, “You yourself said it.”

John 17:12 “While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Judas never had true saving faith.

Matthew 26:24 “The Son of Man is going, just as it is written of Him; but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.”

Matthew 26:25 And Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, “Surely not I, Rabbi?” Jesus *said to him, “You yourself said it.”

John 17:12 “While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

Judas never had true saving faith.
Judas was a believer. He was given power and authority to heal, raise the dead, cast out devils, etc.

Mark 16
17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Matthew 10
5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Judas was a believer. He was given power and authority to heal, raise the dead, cast out devils, etc.

Mark 16
17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Matthew 10
5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Mark 16
Backup a few verses.

Mark 16:14 Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen.

Notice Christ appeared to the 11

Matthew 10
A few chapters earlier..

Satan and his demons can do such false things.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matthew 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, in Your name did we not prophesy, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many miracles?’
Matthew 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Backup a few verses.

Mark 16:14 Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen.

Notice Christ appeared to the 11
Judas was dead by that point, but the same was still true regarding believers while Judas was alive.
A few chapters earlier..

Satan and his demons can do such false things.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matthew 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, in Your name did we not prophesy, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many miracles?’
Matthew 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
Jesus gave authority to the 12 disciples to perform the miracles and it follows that they indeed did. In the context, Judas was sent out to preach the gospel and do miracles. Jesus didn't empower Satan and demons to perform miracles and work for the kingdom of heaven.

Judas was dead by that point, but the same was still true regarding believers while Judas was alive.

Jesus gave authority to the 12 disciples to perform the miracles and it follows that they indeed did. In the context, Judas was sent out to preach the gospel and do miracles. Jesus didn't empower Satan and demons to perform miracles and work for the kingdom of heaven.
Thats what false prophets claim today as well.

Thats what false prophets claim today as well.
False prophets are claiming what you do. Read John 17. Doesn’t Jesus give eternal life to those who were given to him by the Father? And was Judas “the son of perdition” given to Jesus and lost? Yes and yes. Jesus is no false prophet my friend.

False prophets are claiming what you do. Read John 17. Doesn’t Jesus give eternal life to those who were given to him by the Father? And was Judas “the son of perdition” given to Jesus and lost? Yes and yes. Jesus is no false prophet my friend.
Sure.

No read John 18.

Christ's prayer in John 17 were for His elect, chosen Christians.

KV-44-v1

Can you prove it? Doubtful, just repeating assertion.
Show proof in the Bible that Judas was saved, please show where Holy Spirit indwelled in him.

The Bible says....
John 13:27 And after the piece of bread, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus *said to him, “What you do, do quickly.”

A Christian cannot be possessed by satan or demons.

Here is what Christ Himself said about the 12.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, “Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?”

John 13:26 Jesus *answered, “He is the one for whom I shall dip the piece of bread and give it to him.” So when He had dipped the piece of bread, He *took and *gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.

Jesus said Judas was not regenerate.

John 13:10 Jesus *said to him, “He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.”
John 13:11 For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, “Not all of you are clean.”

There were other people named Judas.

Judas was a common name in that era, and there are several other Judases mentioned in the New Testament. One of the other disciples was named Judas (John 14:22), and so was one of Jesus’ own half-brothers (Mark 6:3). To differentiate, John 6:71 and John 13:26 refer to Christ’s betrayer as “Judas, son of Simon Iscariot.”

When Jesus spoke to the disciples about their promise of eternal life he was speaking to the 12 disciples so that would include Judas. Denying it is a weak argument.

Back