Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lose Your Salvation in Two Easy Steps

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
duval said:
Hi folks

All that "ain't that the truth" folksy stuff in the last several posts and--------------no scriptiure!
Present scripture to support your case. I'm sure you must have some, right?

one question i asked a fellow guy from my old chruch, went like this if you are speeding and run into a tree and die you die in sin. and you didnt repen where is your soul.his answer was well the lord isnt that petty to hold speeding against you.

yet he claimed that you can loose your salvation.

i have been on the fence on this, but the more and more i look at the issue,its by grace

one can be saved on day and lost the next second and saved again when you repent.

a little extreme but if you think you can loose it, it makes sense as you cant enter into heaven with unrepentent sin.

jasoncran said:
one question i asked a fellow guy from my old chruch, went like this if you are speeding and run into a tree and die you die in sin. and you didnt repen where is your soul.his answer was well the lord isnt that petty to hold speeding against you.

i have been on the fence on this, but the more and more i look at the issue,its by grace

one can be saved on day and lost the next second and saved again when you repent.

a little extreme but if you think you can loose it, it makes sense as you cant enter into heaven with unrepentent sin.
Guess it's a matter of convenience.

thats one of many issues i had with the anti-osas guys.

they seem to say well the Lord is mericiful,and he is, yet say if you dont repent after salvation for each sin you will enter hell. but when its them in that sin and rebellion they go, oh the lord is mericful and forgave me for that times when i refused to go to church and also wanted nothing to do with God. but he woke me up and reminded me of my need for him.

sounds alot like eternal security even though they said one could loose it.

all while claiming that hebrews 6 was for the saint not that sinner who comes near to salvation but never repents whole heartidely

with the ones i know, they were rather confused on this.

jasoncran said:

I wonder how they would treat this verse?
1 Cor 1:7-9 so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

jasoncran said:
thats one of many issues i had with the anti-osas guys.

they seem to say well the Lord is mericiful,and he is, yet say if you dont repent after salvation for each sin you will enter hell. but when its them in that sin and rebellion they go, oh the lord is mericful and forgave me for that times when i refused to go to church and also wanted nothing to do with God. but he woke me up and reminded me of my need for him.

sounds alot like eternal security even though they said one could loose it.

all while claiming that hebrews 6 was for the saint not that sinner who comes near to salvation but never repents whole heartidely

with the ones i know, they were rather confused on this.
When a doctrine is not correct there is always inconsistencies and confusion. That's is one sign.

i started wanting to know what the lord says on that so i listened the eternal security side

i now lean that way

God gives us a sound mind not one of fear and trepidation and always thinking did the Lord forgive me for that. i repented yet i cant seem to shake it.

Elf said:
shad said:
We lose our salvation if we are not obedient to Jesus until the end. It is that simple.

Works based salvation.

How do you figure it in the end?
If the good you have done out weighs the bad?
Or make sure you don't forget to confess that last sin before you die?
Good grief what a life.
"Do you not know that if you yield yourselves to any one as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness."
Romans 6:16-18

Who are you a slave to, Elf, sin or rightousness?

"You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?"
Galatians 5:7

"For he will render to every man according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are factious and do not obey the truth, but obey wickedness, there will be wrath and fury."
Romans 2:6-8

jasoncran said:
so each time we sin then we need to pray the sinners prayer then?
Is that really what those verses are saying Jason? "You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?"

Somehow my last post didn't get posted. Oh well, I didn't have time anyway. What I shall say on this post is that there is no "sinners prayer" in the Bible.

1 Cor 1:7-9 so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Notice, "God is faithful, we are called.

Why would we have to be called into fellowship with Jesus Christ if God already seen we would come on our own? It's one or the other, either we are called, or, we come on our own.

Col 3:3-4 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

I wonder, if we sin does the old man come back to life even though he has died?

1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

I wonder, when we sin does God cause us to loose our salvation, since He caused us to be born again into an inheritance which is imperishable, undefiled and will not fade away?
Since He is God, he knew (as some say) that we would come to Christ all on our own, did He also know He would have to cause us to loose our salvation at a later time, even though He said it is imperishable, undefiled and will not fade away?

If God does the calling: Jude, a bond-servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, To those who are the called, beloved in God the Father, and kept for Jesus Christ: Jude 1. As scripture teaches, can He not also keep them for Jesus Christ as He promises?

Romans 11:29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Does God lie, or are they truly irrevocable?

destiny said:
jasoncran said:
so each time we sin then we need to pray the sinners prayer then?
Is that really what those verses are saying Jason? "You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?"
no,but each time you sin what that christ stays in you. so if you were die right now and fail to repent of that sin you just commited, where would you be?

hell or heaven

if its hell then each time you sin christ has left you as h.s doesnt dwell in an unclean thing. no holy spirit that dwells there, no christ. i aint talking about the gift, but the initail recept upon salvation.

i dont beleive that you need baptism or the gifts to be saved, but those are commanded and should be sought for. baptism is the outer sign to the world that you are a born again.

jasoncran said:
i started wanting to know what the lord says on that so i listened the eternal security side

i now lean that way

God gives us a sound mind not one of fear and trepidation and always thinking did the Lord forgive me for that. i repented yet i cant seem to shake it.
Sometimes we have to forgive ourselves.
Besides what right do we have not to forgive one of God's precious elect? Even when it is ourself.

i was talking not of me, i have been through that, but i was stating what the none oasis go through daily
i have been there at times. but that wasnt all the time. even in the old church the lord would send persons to tell me that i was only human and cant redeem myself, that i am imperfect.

no destiny i was implying that you have sinned but rather stating that we sin soo much that we often arent always aware of all the sins we do.

destiny said:
"Do you not know that if you yield yourselves to any one as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness."
Romans 6:16-18

Who are you a slave to, Elf, sin or rightousness?
Romans 7:14-25.
And you?

"You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?"
Back at you.

"For he will render to every man according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are factious and do not obey the truth, but obey wickedness, there will be wrath and fury."
Romans 2:6-8
I would be careful of teaching a false doctrine to God's people. Step back and take some time to study and consider God's truths before you twist scripture out of context to prove your beliefs.

Hi Elf

Yes the gifts and calling of God adre irrevocable, Rom.11:29. However you may have interpreted this for less than it means. For example, how does God call us?

Hi Jasoscran

You have a mind and especially a soul too precious to be lost th osas. My eyes grow dim and cannot stay long on the internet at a time, but you seem interested in Heb.6. May I suggest you study this in the context it was given, to Jews who became Christians and were contemplating a return to Judaism.

God bless, duval

duval said:
Hi Elf

Yes the gifts and calling of God adre irrevocable, Rom.11:29. However you may have interpreted this for less than it means. For example, how does God call us?
How does God call us?
Well scripture teaches through the gospel.
also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

When one of the elect hears the gospel the Holy Spirit does His work of regenerating and sealing the believer.

Do you understand this differently?

Back