Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lose Your Salvation in Two Easy Steps

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Free said:
glorydaz said:
Free said:
If only theology were that easy.

The Gospel is easy enough that the least among us can see the truth. :thumb

Sometimes I think the we study too much for our own good.
Man has a tendency to outsmart himself. :biglaugh
The problem isn't studying too much, it's studying with a narrow mind too much, studying one's own beliefs too much while ignoring the entirety of the text.

And of course that would never apply to those of you who believe we can lose our salvation. :biglaugh
None of you want to address the verses that say Jesus will lose NONE the Father has given Him.

None of you want to address the fact that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
Nor do you want to address the power of the Holy Spirit which fills the born again believer and that we're promised we are not condemned, are justified and given eternal life.

You flat out deny the work of the cross. Guess that's alright since it's your doctrine. :nag

watchman F said:
Free said:
glorydaz said:
The Gospel is easy enough that the least among us can see the truth. :thumb

Sometimes I think the we study too much for our own good.
Man has a tendency to outsmart himself. :biglaugh
The problem isn't studying too much, it's studying with a narrow mind too much, studying one's own beliefs too much while ignoring the entirety of the text.
Exactly free OSAS believers willfully blind themselves to the entirety of the scripture and with tunnel vision only see the verses that fulfill their fleshly desire.

LOL It's too bad you have no assurance of your salvation.
I sure hope, for your sake, you can keep yourself saved.

As for me...I'm trusting in the Lord. :amen

watchman F said:
AVBunyan said:
Lose Your Salvation in Two Easy Steps

There is a lot debate today on losing one's salvation. I've decided to boil it down to 2 simple steps to make it easy for you.

1. Do something that causes you to lose it.

Now, I don't know what that “something†could be because Paul never talked about it and since Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles and the revealer of the body of Christ to us today then he would be the one to tell us what to do to lose it. Since Paul spent 13 epistles expounding Christ and justification surely he would spend some time on how to lose it!
Actually Paul told us exactly how we could loose our salvation. That is another two step (pun intended)
1. Do not keep the faith.
2. Be moved away from the hope of the gospel.

Some more steps :)

3) Do not overcome
Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

4) Do not take up your cross
Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

5) Do not deny yourself
Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

6) Do not follow Jesus

7) Only say Lord Lord and do not DO the will of the Father
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

8) Do not be like a child in your faith
Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall in no wise enter therein.

9) Be the rocky soil or allow the thorns in your life. In other words" Do not bear fruit !

Luk 8:6 And other fell on the rock; and as soon as it grew, it withered away, because it had no moisture.
Luk 8:7 And other fell amidst the thorns; and the thorns grew with it, and choked it.

10) Stay in willful sin !

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries.

11) Do not believe the Word, shrink back in your faith unto perdition.

Heb 10:38 But my righteous one shall live by faith: And if he shrink back, my soul hath no pleasure in him.
Heb 10:39 But we are not of them that shrink back unto perdition; but of them that have faith unto the saving of the soul.

There are SO many more verses we can look at.

glorydaz said:

We see that we indeed have to trust in the Lord AND be obedient to Him,. if we are to be saved.

Rom 6:17 But thanks be to God, that, whereas ye were servants of sin, ye became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching whereunto ye were delivered; Rom 6:18 and being made free from sin, ye became servants of righteousness.

We now serve righteousness.We have to be obedient.

You can only purify your soul when you are obedient to the truth: 1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in your obedience to the truth unto unfeigned love of the brethren. Notice who are doing the purifying.

This is confirmed here again by John :1Jn 3:3 And every one that hath this hope set on him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. This is done by believing the promises: 2Pe 1:4 whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust.

AVBunyan said:
Yes, I know all those verses in Matthew (before the cross)

Most of them were addressed to the disciples. And some of them are in the Sermon on the Mount, which is definitely not before the cross.

Cornelius said:

Heb 10:38 But my righteous one shall live by faith: And if he shrink back, my soul hath no pleasure in him.
Heb 10:39 But we are not of them that shrink back unto perdition; but of them that have faith unto the saving of the soul.

How about refusing to eat the flesh and drink the blood of our Savior, denying a total visible union with Him?

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. John 6:51-56

Regards

francisdesales said:
Cornelius said:

How about refusing to eat the flesh and drink the blood of our Savior, denying a total visible union with Him?

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. John 6:51-56

Regards
I think , if we start talking about the Eucharist it will derail this thread.

Out of respect for those who want to stick to the topic, I am not going to take this further. But I will say: Yes, if we do not share His body and the blood , the Word and the Life therein , we will not have life within us.

glorydaz said:
watchman F said:
Free said:
Exactly free OSAS believers willfully blind themselves to the entirety of the scripture and with tunnel vision only see the verses that fulfill their fleshly desire.

You are so confused. I have full assurance of salvation and it is God who keeps me. ( I couldn't trust myself to do thing). All you have is your strawman, because you cannot comprehend the truth.

glorydaz said:

watchman F said:
You are so confused. I have full assurance of salvation and it is God who keeps me. ( I couldn't trust myself to do thing). All you have is your strawman, because you cannot comprehend the truth.

So then, it's clear that both of you have full assurance of your salvation. :thumb If anyone else cares to accuse another poster of either their lack of salvation or their security in it, warnings will be issued. :grumpy

glorydaz said:
Free said:

And of course that would never apply to those of you who believe we can lose our salvation. :biglaugh
I never said it didn't. :gah

glorydaz said:
You flat out deny the work of the cross. Guess that's alright since it's your doctrine. :nag
And this is another problem which stems from the first: strawman arguments. :shame

There are many ways one can not be saved.

Not entering in, drawing back, not partaking.
Those verses do not address one losing salvation, but they make a good list of ways not to be saved. Is that what this thread is about? :confused

Here I was busy giving verses that say how we're kept once we are born again.

glorydaz said:

Those verses do not address one losing salvation, but they make a good list of ways not to be saved. Is that what this thread is about? :confused

2nd Peter 2
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

watchman F said:
glorydaz said:

2nd Peter 2
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

2 Peter 2 is about false prophets, not true believers in Christ.

(1) But false prophets also arose amont the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

Continue reading through the rest of the chapter and you will find no change in the subject from the false prophet or teacher to the true believer in Christ.

Did all the people who left Egypt make it to the promised land? Salvation is conditional. Many are called but few are chosen.

Adullam said:
Did all the people who left Egypt make it to the promised land? Salvation is conditional. Many are called but few are chosen.

Hi

All things with God are conditional. Most people equate salvation totally upon Christianity. If they do, they are sadly mistaken. Salvation for all of mankind comes through the sacrifice of Christ. But one does not need to be a Christian in order to receive a form of salvation. Jesus Christ was not only the saviour of the body of Christ. But he was also the saviour of the world. And that would include everyone who lived in the OT. And it includes those whom are not called or chosen = the two folds.

There is a sin unto death, which means eternal death. Not making it into the promise land , does not mean that the salvation of Christ eliminates them from eternal life. This was a an example for us to learn by. Not an example of how we will loose our salvation. We can suffer loss within our salvation however. And I believe that this is the example of why God would not allow the majority to enter into the promise land.

Bless

Folks - still waiting for someone to show me how they can undo the 39 or so things God did to the sinner once he was regenerated - How does one become unsealed, unredeemed, unregenerated, unseated, kicked out of Christ's physical body, unglorified, unsanctified, unadopted, etc.?

You cannot do that by sinning and nowhere can you find an example where God undid all the above to one of his children in the body of Christ.

Folks - many of t he verses you use to support your view are truths that deal with one's PRACTICAL walk...not justification - you are reading into the verses. You are seeking to make your practical walk the basis for your justification - won't work. I do not have time to respond to every verse you took out of context but to suffice it to say the ones you took out of Paul deal with one's practical walk...not justification. Ex. exaggerating here...Paul would say, "Walk worthy..." (Eph. 4:1) You would say, "See, if you don't walk worthy then you lose it!!!" Another - "if you deny him he will deny you!" The context is denying a reign not one's salvation. You guys read in to the verses a lose of salvation when justification is not even being discussed!!!! :crazy Another, "Endure to the end!" You say, "See if you do not endure to the end you lose it!!!" Context is the future great tribulation - the people addressed are Jews trying to survive the disasters of that time period - the end is the end of the tribulation not this age or your life today - and finally the "saved " there is physical life not spiritual life. Folks you have to study instead of just charging in there with your preconceived ideas.

Either Christ died for all you sins or you are in a mess. That sin you claim would separate you from Christ was also paid for.

With feeling - Do you believe Christ died for all your sins 2,000 years ago...or just some of them?

My sins are gone - the ones I committed and the ones I will commit. Because I know I am forgiven (Col. 1:14) then I seek to walk more closely with the Lord because I am forgiven....not to be forgiven.

If you believe you can lose it then you are trusting in YOU not to lose it and therefore you are trusting YOU...not Christ alone. And then you will not know whether or not you have made it until the judgment and don't expect God to pat you on the back and tell you what a fine fella you are! :crying

Instead God will ask you - "Why did you think what Christ did was not sufficient for your sins"?

Folks, the greatest preachers, writers, evangelists, missionaries, and pastors in the past believed in eternal security (I do not have time to name them here) - what happened to you? :confused

duval said:
Well, I've never read anything in the Bible about a "practical walk" or "independent Baptist."

duval
You mean you can't see in the word the difference between one's position vs. one's practice? The word trinity is not in the bible but the trinity is there! :screwloose

How about this...
Position - Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Practical - Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

You better get the difference or you will be counting on your practical walk to get you to heaven!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back