Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Lukewarm believers and faith

Amen! Notice our Lord's concern (Matthew 25;:31-46). Now these works do not save but the saved eventually become concerned with these things. They become conformed to His image having the same Spirit within (Romans 8:9). This is our appropriate self sacrifice (ISAIAH 58:6-12; Romans 12:1-2).
Well, you quoted some that just isn't true. You quoted where it was denied that Jesus knows our "faith."

Rev 2.
Amen! Notice our Lord's concern (Matthew 25;:31-46). Now these works do not save but the saved eventually become concerned with these things. They become conformed to His image having the same Spirit within (Romans 8:9). This is our appropriate self sacrifice (ISAIAH 58:6-12; Romans 12:1-2).
Be careful what you're saying "Amen" to! It was said that Jesus did not say he knows our "faith." But he actually did!

Rev 2.19 I know your deeds, your love and faith.
True biblical faith includes the works of faith. One cannot have faith without producing works.

James 2.18 Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

The basic idea behind biblical faith is the need to begin with faith so that whatever we do we do in accordance with God's word to our heart. Otherwise, we are doing thing on our own for our own glory for our own merit. And the only merit that we can legitimately own are things done in conjunction with God's word.

And, no believer also needs to believe your or anyone else's personal teaching of His death and work on the cross, in order to be saved by faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Believing in Jesus's death on the cross and the work that he did there as necessary for salvation is not my "personal teaching," it is the teaching of Scripture. If a person only has to believe that he was raised again, it could be that he was just one of three criminals executed and that God decided to raise him from the dead. He could have been just another sinful human whose death would have been meaningless for redeeming us from sin.

That is a doctrinal proselitization to one's own personal faith, akin to proselytizing by works.
Not at all.

No man must believe in Jesus Christ's resurrection and be circumcised, else ye cannot be saved.
Obviously.

No man must believe Jesus Christ's resurrection and His work on the cross, else ye cannot be saved.
This is flat out heresy, a denial of the gospel. I've given several passages which makes this clear, but here are more:

Act 20:28 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. (ESV)

Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. (ESV)

Rom 5:9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. (ESV)

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. (ESV)

Heb 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. (ESV)

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. (ESV)

Rev 1:5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood (ESV)

You are pitting the cross against the resurrection, which is a serious error and offense to Christ by making his work on the cross meaningless. It isn't either/or, it's both/and. His resurrection was meaningful because his work on the cross was meaningful.

No doctrine nor work must be added to anyone's faith in the resurrected Jesus confessing Him Lord, else he cannot be saved.
Then you do not understand the gospel.

That makes having the faith of our resurrected Lord of none effect to save the soul, until a certain doctrine is also believed, or a certain work is also done.
His resurrection, divorced from his atoning work on the cross, as you are teaching, makes his resurrection meaningless, as I pointed out above.

We are only saved by faith in Jesus Christ's resurrection confessing Him Lord, not by faith in His death alone, nor by any teaching on His death at the cross.
I have never once said "by faith in his death alone."

Back