Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Man is Evil

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
coffeelover and alabaster despite mlk's ideas or racial equality has racism really died here in america?
i dont think so, in fact i say that in some ways its just as bad.

sadly. i do believe in helping others but i aslo see that verse in matthew 24 that says because sin shall abound the love of many shall wax cold.

and that is an end times prophecy.

when i was lost i tried to be a better person, one day it was two steps forward the next three steps back.
i see that with men in general.

we say that the holocaust wont happen again, really? what of kosovo, bosnia and darfur and also other african genocides? and dare i say the silent holocaust of babies that are of colored skin in general in america.

Racism is much better in the United States than it used to be. Yes there are wars, famines, natural disasters, and all sorts of bad things that happen, but I also notice that there are always people rushing to help those in need.

The human race has been on an incline not a decline.

Racism is much better in the United States than it used to be. Yes there are wars, famines, natural disasters, and all sorts of bad things that happen, but I also notice that there are always people rushing to help those in need.

odd so the later racial riots in miami (1970's), watts(1965) and also the la riots of 1992 are then flukes?

we have been on a decline since adam with few slowing down periods

we have spent more on war and how to end life then to save.

that i can easily show you. if we spent what do weapon reasearch maybe we would have cures for somethings. but while i do believe defense is necessary men in general have killed each other off for lust more then to care for fellow men.

you dont even know how bad new orleans was during katrina on how that we were shot at all the time by gangsters as we restored power(we being the guard, and reservists and all that helped).

so that too is an abberation people are just confused and forgot who was trying to help.

need i remind you of our home grown terrorists such as mcveigh and the many militias here and eco terrorists.

odd so the later racial riots in miami (1970's), watts(1965) and also the la riots of 1992 are then flukes?

we have been on a decline since adam with few slowing down periods

we have spent more on war and how to end life then to save.

that i can easily show you. if we spent what do weapon reasearch maybe we would have cures for somethings. but while i do believe defense is necessary men in general have killed each other off for lust more then to care for fellow men.

you dont even know how bad new orleans was during katrina on how that we were shot at all the time by gangsters as we restored power(we being the guard, and reservists and all that helped).

so that too is an abberation people are just confused and forgot who was trying to help.

need i remind you of our home grown terrorists such as mcveigh and the many militias here and eco terrorists.

The United States is a much better place than it was during the time of slavery. I have have black friends, and coworkers.

We have cured many diseases medicine is getting better all the time.

As for terrorists they are a result of people who get indoctrinated by a belief system and can't see it in moderation. Religious or political fundies think God tells them the truth and it somehow gives them authority to commit atrocity.

The United States is a much better place than it was during the time of slavery. I have have black friends, and coworkers.

We have cured many diseases medicine is getting better all the time.

As for terrorists they are a result of people who get indoctrinated by a belief system and can't see it in moderation. Religious or political fundies think God tells them the truth and it somehow gives them authority to commit atrocity.

eco terrorists arent christians nor are many of the black panthers or kkk.
Ecoterrorism: Extremism in the Animal Rights and Environmentalist Movements
but still the hate exists. that the point. it has merely been contained not stopped just shifted.

odd you ignored the racial riots that have gone on since civil rights and those werent small ones either watts area of los angeles has never recovered from that !

polio is on the comback worse then before so is malaria and small pox and and so is a host of others

sure we have made some improvements but as whole we wont ever be perfect and morally we are downslide as God is the one that says it would be

we have more kids that rebel
more drug use
legalised and call murder of babies good
legalise or want to what the lord says is sin.

eco terrorists arent christians nor are many of the black panthers or kkk.
Ecoterrorism: Extremism in the Animal Rights and Environmentalist Movements
but still the hate exists. that the point. it has merely been contained not stopped just shifted.

odd you ignored the racial riots that have gone on since civil rights and those werent small ones either watts area of los angeles has never recovered from that !

polio is on the comback worse then before so is malaria and small pox and and so is a host of others

sure we have made some improvements but as whole we wont ever be perfect and morally we are downslide as God is the one that says it would be

we have more kids that rebel
more drug use
legalised and call murder of babies good
legalise or want to what the lord says is sin.

You see evil because you want too. I see good because I want too. Your a glass half empty person I am a glass full person. I don't hide my head in the sand and pretend evil and bad doesn't exist, but I don't think the sky is falling either.

You see evil because you want too. I see good because I want too. Your a glass half empty person I am a glass full person. I don't hide my head in the sand and pretend evil and bad doesn't exist, but I don't think the sky is falling either.

Let's be honest

If you don't see evil, it is because you are deceived. And, you see good because God loves you, not because you want to. If we followed what we wanted, we'd be lost in our flesh.

A glass half full is full of our self, but a glass half empty is a willingness to follow God.

What ways?

Are there psychopaths who take pleasure from inflicting pain on others? Yes, but that doesn't mean the human race is evil or degenerating. There are many good people who help others, and many more who don't hurt others and making it day to day.

Humans don't have magic powers to make things perfect. We only have what we are born with to make the world a better place.

In morality, and spiritually we are entering a time of great apostasy. Man is indeed evil on his own, without Satan messing about with him.

What goodness man sees in himself God considers as bloody, filthy menstrual rags.
He says so. That says it all.

Man can never ever make this world a better place. He causes all things to spiral downward and out of control. Look around you--how many wars are being carried out at this very moment on the face of this planet? How many famines and deaths of many people caused by genocide and lack due to corrupt governments? Stop looking at the world through Western wealth and comfort.

It will happen that only when Jesus sits on the throne in Jerusalem, that this planet will experience a rebirth and global peace and prosperity.

In morality, and spiritually we are entering a time of great apostasy. Man is indeed evil on his own, without Satan messing about with him.

What goodness man sees in himself God considers as bloody, filthy menstrual rags.
He says so. That says it all.

Man can never ever make this world a better place. He causes all things to spiral downward and out of control. Look around you--how many wars are being carried out at this very moment on the face of this planet? How many famines and deaths of many people caused by genocide and lack due to corrupt governments? Stop looking at the world through Western wealth and comfort.

It will happen that only when Jesus sits on the throne in Jerusalem, that this planet will experience a rebirth and global peace and prosperity.

Humans have improved our collective lives vastly in the last 2000 years. sure there is a lot improvement left, but we are slowly chugging along. There will be no magic man to set us free in the future. We are our only hope.

Humans have improved our collective lives vastly in the last 2000 years. sure there is a lot improvement left, but we are slowly chugging along. There will be no magic man to set us free in the future. We are our only hope.

False. We are degenerating, becoming more and more like Sodom and Gomorrah, and therefore ripe for judgment.

We have a hope in Jesus Christ only. He is our Living Hope!

1 Peter 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

alabaster, i need to forcefully take cofeelover to iraq and or afghanistan and let him see the "Good" that men do.

those mass graves will change his pov real quick and also he will see or know of how the taliban often kills innocent children to control the villages.

no, i actually see both but i know what men do when the laws of men arent there.

ever actually been through a disaster on the large scale. i have and enforced laws. men without some type of legal restraint will do all manner of evil. even in america.

one only has to look at katrina disaster to see that.why would men loot walmart for tv's? when they only need water and food?

Well, I'm glad we both agree that Obama isn't the savior :lol

But yeah, we're slowly chugging along huh... How many people did Hitler have killed all while they innocently thought they were going in for their daily shower. Must have been a blisful sleep huh? What about the atom bomb, I'm sure it was quick and effective. They didn't see it coming... How about mass Genocide around the globe, or blowing up entire buildings with thousands of people in them with airplanes. It's no longer a one one one battle, we have machines and other weapons that are able to "reach out and kill thousands". It's almost humane that way isn't it? I mean c'mon, with a press of a button you can kill people all while snacking on a pop tart. Amazing how far we've come. Simply amazing. I'm sure one day they'll even have the art down to it looking like an arcade game where the big shot can just sit in his easy chair while sipping a capechino.

Last edited by a moderator:
I generally agree with this view, but would add that such a general "improvement" in the state of world is consistent with the hypothesis that Jesus Christ has been enthroned as king over all the world, and His kingdom is slowly, inexorably advancing, winning small victories here and there, as other "kingdoms" are slowly being defeated.

Please note: The fact that there are a lot of Christians proclaiming "silly" ideas is not a particularly strong counterargument to this view. My claim is that the overall effect of the inbreaking of God's kingdom 2000 years ago has been to effect an improvement in human society.

Me: "We learned long ago that slavery is immoral. We learned long ago that ordering soldiers to kill non-combatants [women and children/babies] is excessively immoral. We learned long ago that, even IF it is some weird "test", human sacrifice should never be suggested. Unless "human life" is worthless. . . "

Man would have learned that a lot earlier if more had known God.
These are things that were set up or commanded BY god and those who knew him!

We are precious in God's sight. If we weren't valuable to God, He would never have sent His Son to die for us. Get a clue.

John 3:16
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

ALL death is unnecessary! We were created to live forever, but alas, sin entered into the picture and changed things.

So, . . . god finds people "precious". . . the beings who even at their best are nothing better than a filthy menstration rag. :shame

As for "sin entering into the world", thus "the evil of man", . . . this could only have been THE plan of god all along, . . . a matrix that could have been designed MUCH better [going under the assumption of a single creator]. But instead, going with this design of chaos on purpose.

Me: "We learned long ago that slavery is immoral. We learned long ago that ordering soldiers to kill non-combatants [women and children/babies] is excessively immoral. We learned long ago that, even IF it is some weird "test", human sacrifice should never be suggested. Unless "human life" is worthless. . . "

These are things that were set up or commanded BY god and those who knew him!

So, . . . god finds people "precious". . . the beings who even at their best are nothing better than a filthy menstration rag. :shame

As for "sin entering into the world", thus "the evil of man", . . . this could only have been THE plan of god all along, . . . a matrix that could have been designed MUCH better [going under the assumption of a single creator]. But instead, going with this design of chaos on purpose.

he allows freewill thus men to sin so that we have to choice to love him.

and uh the geneava convention were written after ww2, and ww2 brittain and america bomb and killed civilians at will.
dresden germans still hate america to this day as they had the factories and we couldnt avoid hitting civilians and also we had also adopted the brittish tit for tat.

we also still kill any kids if he or she is a threat. i saw that in afghanistan as the taliban used child soldiers to attack us.
we also came up with those supposed wmd's that iraq shouldnt have as we well we gave them those weapons.

mustard gas,nerve agents etc we gave to sadaam in the 80's to use on the iranian army. Was it legal to use those chem weapons then in war yup it wasnt until the 90's that chem attacks were banned by another Geneva convention.

mines are another thing that many dont use these days but in all wars up to desert storm perfectly legal to use.

we didnt sign that ban.

he allows freewill thus men to sin so that we have to choice to love him.

There is no "free will". If god "knits each person in their mother's womb", then he as placed within that person the qualities that will demand their future actions. If someone doesn't believe a story being told to them by another person, and the story has not varifyable evidence, then they had no choice in the matter but to HONESTLY state, "I don't see a reason to believe what you're telling me."

As for having those who will "choose to love him", . . . why does god care? Of what value is there in having "filthy menstration rags" stating how great you are? This sounds like god needs people to worship him. I don't see a reason for it IF he doesn't need it. He would have been content with "the angels".

There is no "free will". If god "knits each person in their mother's womb", then he as placed within that person the qualities that will demand their future actions. If someone doesn't believe a story being told to them by another person, and the story has not varifyable evidence, then they had no choice in the matter but to HONESTLY state, "I don't see a reason to believe what you're telling me."

As for having those who will "choose to love him", . . . why does god care? Of what value is there in having "filthy menstration rags" stating how great you are? This sounds like god needs people to worship him. I don't see a reason for it IF he doesn't need it. He would have been content with "the angels".

ok then what you special since the cosmos doesnt care if you live or die after all that you are is by simple blind chance and all that is.?

and no, we have a choice as we can choose not to do evil and how to do that is that we can look for god and he will be found that is in in the bible over and over.

you cant blame God for what men do. if he did what you said we wouldnt have a choice but rather be robots and uh angels can rebel as well. they did just that . the leader was called satan of that rebellion.

but the fallen angels cant repent like we can. the fallen angels are doomed and have no chance to repent.

I understand that this is your theology, but I don't hold it as absolute truth, no more than any other religious affiliation's claims. Extraordinary claims absolutely require extraordinary evidence . . . or ANY religious belief is equally valid.

And since this is a thread on "the evil of man", is it evil for men to kill non-combatants [women and small children], or keep slaves? "Yes" would be the answer to that question. . . . but these things are claimed in the Old Testament. Christianity is so quick to look at how humanity is evil, yet there are plenty of points of evidence between the bindings to see just where it all actually originated.

I understand that this is your theology, but I don't hold it as absolute truth, no more than any other religious affiliation's claims. Extraordinary claims absolutely require extraordinary evidence . . . or ANY religious belief is equally valid.

And since this is a thread on "the evil of man", is it evil for men to kill non-combatants [women and small children], or keep slaves? "Yes" would be the answer to that question. . . . but these things are claimed in the Old Testament. Christianity is so quick to look at how humanity is evil, yet there are plenty of points of evidence between the bindings to see just where it all actually originated.

uh, not so fast. this is a christian site and that wont be tolerated please keep that mind.

and hello uh sodoma and gommora werent christians but jews and take that up with the jews not us christians we arent called to kill children the isrealites were.

big difference

and i have a problem as if we take men to give rights those same rights can be taken and whose to determine what is right and wrong and enforce that. if the enforcement of it by force who them by opinion has the right to say that me murdering someone is wrong when you by opionion say its wrong and claim that right of universal morality that you say doesnt exist.

a conudrum for you as that can't be if theres no universal truth.

either murder is always bad and will always be thus men action are a violation of that or its subjective and arbitrarily decided what is murder and what isnt. the later being the cause of much evil today as it wastn murder when the the nazi killed the jews or its not murder of the unborn

but the bible says otherwise.

I'm not sure which of my points "are not tolerated". Can you specify, please?

Nazi Germany was an immoral system. Hebrew migration to "the promised land" held many of the same ideologies. Pre-Civil War America held some immoral ideologies, . . . and similar ideologies were condoned in the Old Testament.

These aren't statements of attack, but of truth.

Back