Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Message to GOD"S elect

All of this nonsense just so that men can boast that GOD CHOSE THEM...

They can't believe on their own, and they mock those who say that they do believe the gospel... once again, simply so that they can hold on to their man made doctrine that THEY are the LIMITED UNCONDITIONALLY ELECT.

That is ALL that this is about.
Yes it is God who decides and all Glory belongs to Him and the riches of His Grace.

Eph 2:1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 ¶ But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Here is my boast:biglol

he fell from grace into "free-will"

Show me the scripture that says Adam fell from grace into free will.

JLB
Well I cannot "make" you believe what you refuse to understand. It is clear and evident to all who have an honest desire to know the truth.

Wow another "doctrine" of George Muller with no scripture to validate.

Let us take heed to Paul's admonition -

7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men. 9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned. Titus 3:7-10

JLB

JLB
Well I cannot "make" you believe what you refuse to understand. It is clear and evident to all who have an honest desire to know the truth.

Wow another "doctrine" of George Muller with no scripture to validate.

Let us take heed to Paul's admonition -

7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men. 9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned. Titus 3:7-10

JLB
Yes I maintain that because we are justified we should maintain "good works" you legalist just cannot understand that good works are from grace, not legalism, can you?

Tit 2:11 ¶For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Legalism produces nothing but dead religion and hypocrisy.

By the way Paul spent much time in each epistle to explain the purpose of the law and warn against turning back to the law, this statement here is against those who always want to make points from the law about keeping this or that, eating this or that etc... This scripture defends my position and it is the same position Paul takes in every epistle. The law is not of faith, the strength of sin is the law.

They can't believe on their own, and they mock those who say that they do believe the gospel... once again, simply so that they can hold on to their man made doctrine that THEY are the LIMITED UNCONDITIONALLY ELECT.

Yes

At least you can admit it George... that YOU think of yourself as the LIMITED and UNCONDITIONAL ELECT of God..

Yes I maintain that because we are justified we should maintain "good works" you legalist just cannot understand that good works are from grace, not legalism, can you?

Oh now I see the light.

It is us who speak of good works as evidence of our faith, and for that we are labeled by you as a legalist.

But, "your" good works are done from a position of being justified.

Thank you for your insight in pointing out just who is justified and who is a legalist.

At least now you have "shifted" your opinion to include good works.

JLB

It is us who speak of good works as evidence of our faith, and for that we are labeled by you as a legalist.
Who do you boast in? Yourself or in Christ the Lord. 'For by Grace are you saved through faith: and that not of yourselfs: it is the gift of god. Not of works, least any man should boast." Eph 2:8 and 9. I will boast in Christ now and forever as he allows me to do so. You can boast in what you do if you like?

Some like to boast that they're the limited unconditional elect...

That's just the way it is..

Why do you think a thread like this goes on and on without ever speaking of the ONE who actually IS the elect..

Because men can't boast in that, that's why.

They'd rather boast in THEMSELVES being the LIMITED and UNCONDITIONALLY ELECT.

I boast in Jesus Christ as my saviour, Nothing more or less. He included me in his amazing plan of Salvation and I don't boast in being elected, or choosen or pick or any thing else. Only in him and his power, might ,honor and Gloly. He rules right now on his throne as the true living God and his name is Jesus Christ the Lord.
They'd rather boast in THEMSELVES being the LIMITED and UNCONDITIONALLY ELECT.

May God Bless you as only he can do.

I boast in Jesus Christ as my saviour, Nothing more or less. He included me in his amazing plan of Salvation and I don't boast in being elected, or choosen or pick or any thing else. Only in him and his power, might ,honor and Gloly. He rules right now on his throne as the true living God and his name is Jesus Christ the Lord.

May God Bless you as only he can do.

If this were true, then you would speak of the Lord Jesus Christ being the elect of God, the chosen one in whom the Father delights... you would REJOICE in that simple biblical truth...

But of course that is NOT the case... all of your posts and threads talk about YOU being the elect.. how that God CHOSE YOU..

You'll never speak of taking up your cross and denying yourself will you..

You'll never speak of putting off YOU and putting on Christ..

Because YOU can't glory in that... you can't boast about YOURSELF being the elect in that...

JLB

George there is no such biblical phrase as fell from grace into free will.

There is no such biblical phrase as fell from grace.

Those are your man made terms to validate your men made Gospel.

You use these man made terms while at the same time condemning others of being legalistic and not understanding the scriptures.

I use what the scriptures say and ask you to do the same, and you accuse me of not having an honest desire for the truth.

I asked you a question, if you consider Adam one of God's elect.

You won't answer that question, but rather talk in circles using man made phrase's such as fell from grace into free will.

Are you somehow saying that Adam was God's elect, but fell from being God's elect.

JLB

JLB

You use these man made terms while at the same time condemning others of being legalistic and not understanding the scriptures.

I use what the scriptures say and ask you to do the same, and you accuse me of not having an honest desire for the truth.

I asked you a question, if you consider Adam one of God's elect.

You won't answer that question, but rather talk in circles using man made phrase's such as fell from grace into free will.

Are you somehow saying that Adam was God's elect, but fell from being God's elect.

JLB

What does Heb. 6:6 Say! These ones were made PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY GHOST! (or...) never/mind 2 Peter 2:17-22!

--Elijah

PS: And 'i' high/lighted second remark!

Yes

At least you can admit it George... that YOU think of yourself as the LIMITED and UNCONDITIONAL ELECT of God..
Not limited, I believe all that called in grace and abide in grace are "elect'. Yes I stand by grace and boast in the Lord, which I hope to do for remaining days on this earth, and worship Him in the eternal realm forever.

Oh now I see the light.

But, "your" good works are done from a position of being justified.

Thank you for your insight in pointing out just who is justified and who is a legalist.

At least now you have "shifted" your opinion to include good works.

JLB
What are you talking about? You can feel free to boast in your works if you like? I will even listen and think how great you are, if you like?

I will boast in the Cross of my Beloved Christ, and His Grace that empowers me unto all good works.

I must speak to you on your level of understanding you seem unable to relate to biblical terms and their meaning. Of course Adam fell from the grace of God, and free-will is the lie of satan. If you cannot see that? I can not "make" you see the truth.

I think this has gone far enough. Let's get back on topic and keep things civil.

I think this has gone far enough. Let's get back on topic and keep things civil.

How is that possible with the Inspired statement the Holy Spirit in Titus 3:9-11!

Regardless who is right with this constant bickering?

Titus 3:9-11 documents...

[9] But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
[10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
[11] Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

--Elijah

How is that possible with the Inspired statement the Holy Spirit in Titus 3:9-11!

Regardless who is right with this constant bickering?

[9] But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
[11] Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

--Elijah
Who is it that strives about the law? Not those who teach grace, but those who attempt to teach the law. What does the term "heretick" mean?
Ga 1:6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

another <heteros> All heresy is a turning from grace back to the law.

Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
9 ¶ But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Yes sir, I will attempt to bring down the personal statements that sometimes are sparked in these debates.

Yes sir, I will attempt to bring down the personal statements that sometimes are sparked in these debates.

Is that what the Holy Spirit said through Paul??? 'A man that is an heretick after [[the first and second]] admonition reject;'???

--Elijah

Of course Adam fell from the grace of God, and free-will is the lie of satan.

Again George.

Show the scripture!

Show the scripture that validates what you say.

Give the chapter and verse that states Adam fell from grace.

You don't have to make me see anything, just show the scripture with the phrase "fell from grace".

I would like to learn from the bible what it means and see what the scripture teaches about a person that has fell from grace into free will.

Show me any person that the bible says that they "fell from grace".

I see that you use that phrase, but I am asking you to show me the scripture that speaks of a person who has "fallen from grace".

Is it when a person sins, that they fall from grace?

Is it when a Pastor or leader declares that a person has fallen from grace?

Is there any hope for a person who has fallen from grace to be restored back to grace?

Does a person make a choice to fall from grace?

Who decides that a person has fallen from grace?

JLB

Back