Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

No Pretrib Rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So what do you think is the greater point Jesus is making by repeatedly pointing out there will be eye witnesses of the catching left behind ?

Luke 17:34
I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

I really do not know why this point is repeated other than letting us know it will happen. "Why" is usually a motive question and I cannot presume to always know the Lord's motive. Perhaps you have an insight or good guess you might share?

I really do not know why this point is repeated other than letting us know it will happen. "Why" is usually a motive question and I cannot presume to always know the Lord's motive. Perhaps you have an insight or good guess you might share?
Well if you are going to make the claim, as you & others have, that something the Lord repeatedly gives so much emphasis too happens on the very day that these "left behind" witnesses to the catching up are going to die there must be a reason for the Lord to stress their witness so emphatically in your mind?
Why would Jesus even mention , REPEATEDLY, that they are going to be witness to a specific miracle when they will be running for the lives to hide and will be dead that same day or minutes later ?
In your mind is the scripture consistent in giving other examples why God has people bare witness to specific Miraculous events ?
Yes ?
No?
These people will also be witness before they are killed to many other incredible awesome supernatural miracles during this "Terrible Day Of The Lord" when the Lord comes in Judgement & great Power , before they die, right ?
Multiple miraculous happenings going on in the Terrible Day Of The Lord , right ?
So with all the many awesome supernatural miraculous events going on during the "Terrible Day Of the Lord" that they will also be eye witness too , why does Jesus repeatedly point just this one miracle of the catching up that they will be witness to ?
Especially considering they are going to be killed that same day anyway ?
Do believe the Word Of God contains filler material ?
That Jesus's repeated admonition concerning their witness are really just nothing more Just wasted Words. with no greater meaning or purpose at all in the glorification of God ?
You are the one that places Jesus's repeated description of these people being witnesses to a very specific miraculous as happening on the very day He comes to set Judgement in the earth .
Can we at least agree if what you say takes place the day you say it takes place that the Lord has a reason for pointing it out multiple times ?
Me personally , I could not make such an allegation to other believers without the Spirit of God telling me for what purpose he places these witnesses, REPEATEDLY, in the middle of such a cataclysmic event as the Terrible Day of The Lord's Judgement on the earth.
But if you, and other's, are comfortable in placing Jesus's repeated emphasis of these unbelievers, who are about to be killed , being witnesses to something the Lord obviously considered very important without having a clue in your head as to why then so be it .

Unchecked Copy Box
I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Last edited:
Well if you are going to make the claim, as you & others have, that something the Lord repeatedly gives so much emphasis too happens on the very day that these "left behind" witnesses to the catching up are going to die there must be a reason for the Lord to stress their witness so emphatically in your mind?
Why would Jesus even mention , REPEATEDLY, that they are going to be witness to a specific miracle when they will be running for the lives to hide and will be dead that same day or minutes later ?
In your mind is the scripture consistent in giving other examples why God has people bare witness to specific Miraculous events ?
Yes ?
No?
These people will also be witness before they are killed to many other incredible awesome supernatural miracles during this "Terrible Day Of The Lord" when the Lord comes in Judgement & great Power , before they die, right ?
Multiple miraculous happenings going on in the Terrible Day Of The Lord , right ?
So with all the many awesome supernatural miraculous events going on during the "Terrible Day Of the Lord" that they will also be eye witness too , why does Jesus repeatedly point just this one miracle of the catching up that they will be witness to ?
That Jesus's repeated admonition concerning their witness are really just nothing more Just wasted Words. with no greater meaning or purpose at all in the glorification of God ?
You are the one that places Jesus's repeated description of these people being witnesses to a very specific miraculous as happening on the very day He comes to set Judgement in the earth .
Can we at least agree if what you say takes place the day you say it takes place that the Lord has a reason for pointing it out multiple times ?
Me personally , I could not make such an allegation to other believers without the Spirit of God telling me for what purpose he places these witnesses, REPEATEDLY, in the middle of such a cataclysmic event as the Terrible Day of The Lord's Judgement on the earth.
But if you, and other's, are comfortable in placing Jesus's repeated emphasis of these unbelievers, who are about to be killed , being witnesses to something the Lord obviously considered very important without having a clue in your head as to why then so be it .

Unchecked Copy Box

You keep emphasizing that all the left behind crowd are killed or judged almost instantly, but the Bible only says the Anti-Christ is instantly killed at the parousia. As for the others (which you call Witnesses), most live and suffer His outpoured wrath. Perhaps all do not die. We really are not told!

You keep emphasizing that all the left behind crowd are killed or judged almost instantly, but the Bible only says the Anti-Christ is instantly killed at the parousia. As for the others (which you call Witnesses), most live and suffer His outpoured wrath. Perhaps all do not die. We really are not told!
You do not understand the "Terrible Day Of The Lord" in all it's horror if that is what you think .
It is a worldwide day of terrible judgement for all unbelievers
The operative word being " DAY ".
By the Word of His mouth alone they will die.
Unchecked Copy Box
Psa 110:6
He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

You do not understand the "Terrible Day Of The Lord" in all it's horror if that is what you think .
Unchecked Copy Box
He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

Onthe contary, I understand it very well. Take the word “day” thatyou emphasize. Perhaps you do not know that it represents differentlengths of time depending on context (such is the nature of ancientHebrew). So Strong's says it like this:

“...from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whetherliteral (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), orfiguratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), [oftenused adv.]:--age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily,([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, end,evening, (for)ever(lasting), ever(more), full, life, as long as(...live), even now, old, outlived, perpetually, presently,remaineth, required, season, since, space, then, (process of) time,as at other times, in trouble, weather (as) when, (a, the, within a)while (that), whole (age), (full) year (-ly), younger”

In the Tanakh (Old Testament) we see the word (Yom) used in many ways. Not only as a daytimre period of light, but a full 24 hours, a lifetime, a season, even eternity (forever), and so on.

For example, in Genesis 4:3 it is used to denote an entire growing season(or general season of time as in Joshua 24:7), while in Genesis 47:28 it is Jacob's whole life. In Genesis 43:9 (like Isaiah 30:8) it means “forever”.

So the DAY of the Lord in this case can include the entire period of the pouring out of the various stages of His outpoured wrath. Likewise this does not necessarily mean Judgment day. specifically as equalling the time when souls are sent to their final destination for eternity.

What would be the point of Jesus repeatedly mentioning the fact that people left behind would be elbow to elbow with those taken, if not to point out that they would be living witnesses to the catching up ?
You don't think Jesus repeats this fact, several times no less, for no reason at all do you ?
What is the point Jesus is trying to make in repeating this scenario so many times ?
Nothing ?

I can't understand why you can not see that the one was caught up in the gathering of those who are Christ own to meet Jesus in the air and the other one will be left behind and cast into the lake of fire as Christ brings final judgement at that time of His return.

Why are you afraid to answer a simple question in your own Words ?
In your own words , what is the purpose of God having one woman at the mill be witness to the other one vanishing?
I usually answer questions with showing what has been written in scripture. You really need to let this go as we have answered you several times.

So what do you think is the greater point Jesus is making by repeatedly pointing out there will be eye witnesses of the catching left behind ?

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Read what I highlighted as this explains why one is taken as they were prepared for the return of Christ and the other one, like in the days of Noah when the flood came they were swept away as even though Noah preached the word of God, they rejected God. We can't make it any clearer than that.

Yes ?
No?

Unchecked Copy Box
It truly doesn't matter if those that are not Christ own witness the catching up of the saints as it is to late for them as they have sealed their fate of damnation as they are not Christ own as they rejected Him. There is no place to run and hide that God is not going to see you.

PLEASE LET THIS GO!!!!!

To understand the "Terrible Day Of The Lord" in all it's horror is to read
Unchecked Copy Box
He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries
On the contary, I understand it very well. Take the word “day” that you emphasize.

So the DAY of the Lord in this case can include the entire period of the pouring out of the various stages of His outpoured wrath. Likewise this does not necessarily mean Judgment day. specifically as equalling the time when souls are sent to their final destination for eternity.
For me I don't believe they are trying to crawl under rocks to hide themselves because they think they have a "period of time" in which the wrath of God will be half stepping.

Rev 6:17
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

There simply is no reasonable explanation based on biblical precedent to rationalize why God would specifically state that He will have people bare witness of the catching up if they are running for their lives and could care less, as they are about to die anyway .

For me I don't believe they are trying to crawl under rocks to hide themselves because they think they have a "period of time" in which the wrath of God will be half stepping.

Rev 6:17
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

There simply is no reasonable explanation based on biblical precedent to rationalize why God would specifically state that He will have people bare witness of the catching up if they are running for their lives and could care less, as they are about to die anyway .

Read Revelations 16 carefully. It takes a bit of time for the 7 bowls to be poured out.

It truly doesn't matter if those that are not Christ own witness the catching up of the saints as it is to late for them as they have sealed their fate of damnation as they are not Christ own as they rejected Him. There is no place to run and hide that God is not going to see you.

PLEASE LET THIS GO!!!!!
I agree .
If it happens the Day Of The Lord , what does it matter , what difference does it make , and most importantly.
WHY THEN IS JESUS OBSESSING OVER THIS ONE DETAIL , describing it in the lives of three separate people?
Why all the doubling & tripling down by Jesus on a detail that is of no significance & everyone instinctively knows must be the case anyway ?
Just empty meaningless words from Jesus , given repeatedly no less , in three separate descriptions . with no deeper Spiritual meaning?
Really ?
With no further meaningful intent included , why would Jesus repeat this witnessing of the catching up three times, in the case of three different individuals.
As a believer I will say why I am not satisfied with wasted words coming from the Lord's mouth.
Because there is no instance between the front and back cover of the bible where Jesus describes someone witnessing a miracle that does not contain an intended deeper Spiritual & Eternal lesson that the Lord wants the reader to lay hold of.
Not one .
And nobody can name one!

This would be the one & only instance of such a waste of words from Jesus , repeated three times no less.
Can anyone say why they are satisfied with this being the single instance in the scripture where Jesus describes people being eyewitness to a miracle , the catching up of the entire church no less, being described three times no less, with absolutely no deeper Spiritual or Eternal for the reader attached , as alleged.
Only the Spiritually blind would be so unenlightened .

Read Revelations 16 carefully. It takes a bit of time for the 7 bowls to be poured out.
The conquering King of Kings and Lord of Lords is not a government worker.
He won't be milking the job.
The day His feet touch the mount of Olives all sin will banished from His presence & the presence of those who love Him

I agree .
If it happens the Day Of The Lord , what does it matter , what difference does it make , and most importantly.
WHY THEN IS JESUS OBSESSING OVER THIS ONE DETAIL , describing it in the lives of three separate people?
Why all the doubling & tripling down by Jesus on a detail that is of no significance & everyone instinctively knows must be the case anyway ?
Just empty meaningless words from Jesus , given repeatedly no less , in three separate descriptions . with no deeper Spiritual meaning?
Really ?
With no further meaningful intent included , why would Jesus repeat this witnessing of the catching up three times, in the case of three different individuals.
As a believer I will say why I am not satisfied with wasted words coming from the Lord's mouth.
Because there is no instance between the front and back cover of the bible where Jesus describes someone witnessing a miracle that does not contain an intended deeper Spiritual & Eternal lesson that the Lord wants the reader to lay hold of.
Not one .
And nobody can name one!

This would be the one & only instance of such a waste of words from Jesus , repeated three times no less.
Can anyone say why they are satisfied with this being the single instance in the scripture where Jesus describes people being eyewitness to a miracle , the catching up of the entire church no less, being described three times no less, with absolutely no deeper Spiritual or Eternal for the reader attached , as alleged.
Only the Spiritually blind would be so unenlightened .

For crying out loud let it go. You need to ask Jesus why He mentioned it three times. He was only giving three examples.

The Lord's day being the day of the Lord is a day of Gods great wrath being poured out into the world that will have a great impact on those who refuse to repent and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. It is always pointed out as the day at hand meaning in Gods timing in Rev 1:10. The phrase "the day of the Lord" is used nineteen times in the Old Testament (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5) and five times in the New Testament (Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Rev 1:10). It is also alluded to in other passages like Revelation 6:17; 16:14.

The Lord's day only appears once in scripture in Rev 1:10. It gives no reference to what day of the week it was as every day is the Lord's day, but more specific is also referred to the Sabbath day beginning Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset.

John was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, but yet in his physical body when he received from the angel Jesus sent to him who gave him all these revelations that he wrote down. Throughout scripture the Lord's day is usually referred to as the Sabbath being the seventh day of the week, Genesis 2:1-3 a day of rest.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

In 2 Peter 3:1-10 Peter is not talking about six days of creation with the seven day as a sabbath. The full context is Peter addressing the mockers about the return of Christ, 2 Peter 3:1-7. Peter is actually quoting Psalms 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. This also parallels with Psalms 63:6 and Psalms 119:148 that speak of night watches that we read in 2 Peter 3:10 that Jesus will come as a thief in the night and that we just need to be ready as we watch for His return, Matthew 24:43; 1 Thessalonians 5:2.

Vs. 8-10 Peter gives the manifestation of the day of the Lord and if you take notice of the "is" and "as" in vs. 8 they are a figure of speech or a simile as being like a thousand years, but yet God's timing, not our timing. It's also like "a twinkling of an eye" in 1 Corinthians 15:2 as you can not define a twinkling in measurement of time. Man's literal counting of days is not always how God numbers days in hours, minutes or seconds. This is why I do not consider 1000 years as being literal in 2 Peter 3:8 or Rev 20, but symbolic as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

2 Samuel 18:22 kjv
22. Then said Ahimaaz the son of Zadok yet again to Joab, But howsoever, let me, I pray thee, also run after Cushi. And Joab said, Wherefore wilt thou run, my son, seeing that thou hast no tidings ready?
23. But howsoever, said he, let me run. And he said unto him, Run. Then Ahimaaz ran by the way of the plain, and overran Cushi.
24. And David sat between the two gates: and the watchman went up to the roof over the gate unto the wall, and lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold a man running alone.
25. And the watchman cried, and told the king. And the king said, If he be alone, there istidings in his mouth. And he came apace, and drew near.
26. And the watchman cried, and told the king. And the king said, If he be alone, there istidings in his mouth. And he came apace, and drew near.
27. And the watchman saw another man running: and the watchman called unto the porter, and said, Behold another man running alone. And the king said, He also bringeth tidings.
28, And Ahimaaz called, and said unto the king, All is well. And he fell down to the earth upon his face before the king, and said, Blessed be the LORD thy God, which hath delivered up the men that lifted up their hand against my lord the king.

That may seem of no relevance, until the whole story is known. Any single man may not know the whole story.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

2 Samuel 18:22 kjv
22. Then said Ahimaaz the son of Zadok yet again to Joab, But howsoever, let me, I pray thee, also run after Cushi. And Joab said, Wherefore wilt thou run, my son, seeing that thou hast no tidings ready?
23. But howsoever, said he, let me run. And he said unto him, Run. Then Ahimaaz ran by the way of the plain, and overran Cushi.
24. And David sat between the two gates: and the watchman went up to the roof over the gate unto the wall, and lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold a man running alone.
25. And the watchman cried, and told the king. And the king said, If he be alone, there istidings in his mouth. And he came apace, and drew near.
26. And the watchman cried, and told the king. And the king said, If he be alone, there istidings in his mouth. And he came apace, and drew near.
27. And the watchman saw another man running: and the watchman called unto the porter, and said, Behold another man running alone. And the king said, He also bringeth tidings.
28, And Ahimaaz called, and said unto the king, All is well. And he fell down to the earth upon his face before the king, and said, Blessed be the LORD thy God, which hath delivered up the men that lifted up their hand against my lord the king.

That may seem of no relevance, until the whole story is known. Any single man may not know the whole story.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
For me there is always relevance to everything the Lord says .
Even harkening back to the Old Testemant
I see plenty of relevance, Spiritual & Eternal, in the left behind witnessing of the catching up Jesus is so instant about .
I'm just amazed that anyone would say the Lord's Words in this instance or any instance have no deeper message or lesson for us to draw upon .

For crying out loud let it go. You need to ask Jesus why He mentioned it three times. He was only giving three examples.
The witnessing of the catching up by the left behind as stressed by Jesus happens on the Day of the Lord it has been claimed.
Why then shouldn't the Spiritual lesson, implications of it be unpacked & looked into especially with the focus the Lord placed on this prophecy of the rapture ?

Zec 6:5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth. (Read the full context from vs 1-8 and the history of that era).

These four spirits are four spirits (angels) God sends down from heaven during the time of Joshua becoming king and the building of the Temple. Some are sent north and the others south and are sent down for divine judgement on the Gentile nations that are opposing Israel, especially Babylon and Magog. The chariots are symbolic of the quickness theses angels will go throughout the earth at that time. Those who have gone north give God rest as they destroy God's enemies as they are judged. These four spirits are different then the ones found in Revelation 6:1-8 that Satan works through. (That is another topic)

Rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

These verses are about the 144,000 of the tribes of Israel that will be sealed of God in the end of days as this happens within the sixth seal before that of the first trumpet sounding as they are protected from God's judgement that is about ready to fall.
I don't know how many times I've cited our Lord saying believers are already protected from any harm. They always have been

The seals are being removed from a scroll. As the seals are removed, what's being exposed is rest of The Book of Revelation. The scroll is unveiling our Savior to us in the midst of calamity.

Babylon is labled the "mother of prostitues" and responsible for the "blood of all Gods' prophets." So this isn't not just a future entity that appears at the "end" of time, but an ancient one. Same for Gog and Magog.

The 144,000 are the firstfruits to God, believers who with purity preached to the world what the next 3 angels oroclaim.

These symbols are showing Christs' dominance on earth throughout history. The destroying horsemen are no different .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back