Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

No Pretrib Rapture

Now try and make logical application of Jesus's admonition to be "ready" for His coming in Judgement to those Marked by the beast ?
And after failing to do that try and make application of Jesus's admonition to be "ready" for His coming in judgement to the Christians already martyred prior to His coming?
You can do neither, because there is no application to the only people left alive on earth at His coming in judgement who are going to be slaughtered By the Word of His mouth at His coming.
And likewise there is no application to be "ready" for His coming in Judgement to His Martyred saints because #1 they are not subject to judgement, and #2 their eternal fate has been sealed at the time of their death.

" ....... causing all to take the mark of this beast or die a martyr's death, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12; Rev 13; 20:
I have proven everything by giving you many scriptures of what Jesus has already taught us. Either one has made themselves ready to be caught up to the Lord when He returns, or they have sealed their own fate of being cast into the lake of fire in final judgement. It's just that simple, you either accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior before He returns, or you reject Him.

Then they have been already martyred for not taking the mark BEFORE Jesus comes in Judgement.
Therefore they have no need to be "ready" for His coming or anything else.
After you write that down, try and make application to Jesus's admonition to either the martyred or the marked to be
"ready" for His coming in Judgement to fill the earth with dead bodies by the Word of His mouth ?
You can't do it .

Luke 12:40
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
It seems you haven’t been reading my posts. The “brethren” will not be deceived. Where do you see that all true Christians will be martyred? Some, actually, will be used by the Holy Spirit as a testimony. Mark 13:11 tells us so.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-5 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Last edited:
It seems you haven’t been reading my posts. The “brethren” will not be deceived. Where do you see that all true Christians will be martyred? Some, actually, will be used by the Holy Spirit as a testimony. Mark 13:11 tells us so.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-5 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
Just to let you know he enjoys causing controversy. I am done trying to explain this subject with him as he will just goad you on with his nonsense. Sad people have to play these games, especially with such an important topic.

I have proven everything by giving you many scriptures of what Jesus has already taught us. Either one has made themselves ready to be caught up to the Lord when He returns,
All those who have " made themselves ready " before He comes will have been martyred by the beast BEFORE HE COMES .
That's a YES or a NO ?
You yourself have already said exactly that in this thread ?
I can quote you saying they will all have been martyred before Jesus comes in Judgement if you cannot remember ?

" ....... causing all to take the mark of this beast or die a martyr's death, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12; Rev 13; 20:

Where do you see that all true Christians will be martyred?
I see it right here in the Word of God that ALL believers will have been martyred before Jesus comes in Judgement?
Read & learn .

" ....... causing all to take the mark of this beast or die a martyr's death, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12; Rev 13; 20

All those who have " made themselves ready " before He comes will have been martyred by the beast BEFORE HE COMES .
That's a YES or a NO ?
You yourself have already said exactly that in this thread ?
I can quote you saying they will all have been martyred before Jesus comes in Judgement if
Don't even misquote me as I never said all that are God's own will die a martyr's death before Christ returns. Page after page trying to discuss this with you I am done with explaining all of this to you. You have a good day and pray you are ready when Christ returns.

Don't even misquote me as I never said all that are God's own will die a martyr's death before Christ returns.
Your memory is conveniently failing you.
Here is your quote that whoever does not take the mark will die before Jesus comes.

.... but to know the man of lawlessness must come first causing all to take the mark of this beast or die a martyr's death, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12; Rev 13; 20:4

I Where do you see that all true Christians will be martyred?
I see it right here in the Word of God that ALL believers will have been martyred before Jesus comes in Judgement?
Read & learn .
Black ink on white paper.
Only two choices for ALL before Jesus comes , take the mark & or die a martyr's death.
ALL means ALL by the way .

" ....... causing all to take the mark of this beast or die a martyr's death, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12; Rev 13; 20

Well, I guess I’ll give you just one more chance. Provide the scripture that says this, please.
Which words of total inclusion are you struggling with, " ALL , SMALL and GREAT, RICH and POOR, FREE and BOND ?

Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 13:15-16
......and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Which words of total inclusion are you struggling with, " ALL , SMALL and GREAT, RICH and POOR, FREE and BOND ?

Unchecked Copy Box
......and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
My understanding is that “should be killed” may be referring to when some of the Elect will be delivered up to the Antichrist (Satan). Remember that one of Satan’s names is “the destroyer.” Mark 13:13 is noteworthy—Now how can you ENDURE UNTO THE END if you are killed? To be killed does not make sense. Keep in mind that Satan comes at the 6th trump and JESUS CHRIST returns at the 7th trump.

"But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them. "And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. "But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. "Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. - Mark 13:9-13 (NKJV)

—Lu

Consecrated Life
Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads. And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man.

- Revelation 9:1-5

Well, I guess I’ll give you just one more chance. Provide the scripture that says this, please.

My understanding is that “should be killed” may be referring to when some

—Lu
I see now that God's one Word you are struggling with is ALL.
Somehow mistaking "ALL" to mean "some" (7 Thunders) .
Identifying the textural pinch point of your misunderstanding is a vital first step in resolving your confusion.
It is really not that complicated from here.
"ALL" means all, "as many as would not" , means all/everybody who would not.

Unchecked Copy Box

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond
, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Jesus warned us to flee when we see the abomination that causes desolation that Daniel prophesied of, which is the coming of the man of lawlessness, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, Rev 13. The word "all" in Rev 13:16 means all that did not heed the warning to flee, but yet reject the mark of this beast will die a martyr's death for not bowing down and worshiping this beast out of the earth. When we read 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 we can clearly see that not every one will die a martyr's death by the hand of this antichrist beast.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Mat 24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
Mat 24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
Mat 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Jesus warned us to flee when we see the abomination that causes desolation that Daniel prophesied of, which is the coming of the man of lawlessness, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, Rev 13. The word "all" in Rev 13:16 means all that did not heed the warning to flee, but yet reject the mark of this beast will die a martyr's death for not bowing down and worshiping this beast out of the earth. When we read 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 we can clearly see that not every one will die a martyr's death by the hand of this antichrist beast.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Jesus is not directing this warning to Christians
It is directed to the nation Israel who up until this moment will think they have been saved from the enemies who have surrounded them for centuries by their messiah :

John 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

but who they have received as messiah is actually the anti-christ and he has established a false peace, the rebuilding of the Temple, & the daily sacrifice

The obvious clue that this warning is being directed to those of the Jewish faith is their dedication to the "Holy Place".
For the Christian there is no "place" on earth that is "Holy"
None !
And you can't name one ?
Only the Jews have a "Holy place" and it is to the House of Israel that Jesus is giving this warning.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Jesus is not directing this warning to Christians
It is directed to the nation Israel who up until this moment will think they have been saved from the enemies who have surrounded them for centuries by their messiah :
Acts 11:26 And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

The Disciples of Christ were first called Christians during the 1st century A.D. after the resurrection of Christ. Christ gave this warning in Matthew 24:15-16 first to His disciples who were not Christians yet, but only carnal followers of Christ. We, with the Disciples, are now all the children of God by faith as we have now been baptized into Christ and have put on Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I see now that God's one Word you are struggling with is ALL.
Somehow mistaking "ALL" to mean "some" (7 Thunders) .
Identifying the textural pinch point of your misunderstanding is a vital first step in resolving your confusion.
It is really not that complicated from here.
"ALL" means all, "as many as would not" , means all/everybody who would not.

Unchecked Copy Box

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond
, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

- Revelation 13:16-17 (NKJV)

All who are deceived and worship the Antichrist (Satan) will receive a “mark” on their right hand or on their foreheads. Now consider this: The “mark” is spiritual, not physical. So then, if you do not know the truth in your mind of what’s written in God’s Word, the Seal of God in your forehead, then you will have the Seal of Satan in your forehead, and that IS the mark of the beast. You either belong to Christ and have His Word, His seal in your mind, or you belong to Satan and have his word, his seal (mark) in your mind.

(A mark on the right hand, again spiritually, means you are working/supporting the Antichrist.)

Lu

Now consider this: The “mark” is spiritual, not physical.
I believe the antichrist will want no doubt in who is serving him or not , so I would believe the MOTB will be a visible mark of an oath to the antichrist . Of course there will be spiritual implications too .

Back