Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

OSAS is biblical truth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is the only thing that saves a person. John 3:18; John 3:16;Acts 16:31.
No question or debate about it. This is true in both OSAS, and non-OSAS.

But what happens if the believing that saves ends?

Paul tells us:

"Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:1-2 NIV)

Believing must continue to the end, or the believing you have done to date will have been done in vain.

2 Tim 2:13~~If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. 2 Timothy 2:12

2 Tim 2:12~~If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. Mature believers will Reign with Christ. Carnal Christians will be denied that reward.

2 Tim 2:13~~If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. our Union with Christ at the moment of salvation. We are saved because He cannot deny His Body.....We are part of Him.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is the only thing that saves a person. John 3:18; John 3:16;Acts 16:31.

Paul tells us:

"Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:1-2 NIV)

Believing must continue to the end, or the believing you have done to date will have been done in vain.

1Co 15:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.( here Paul is asking a question)
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Here is the issue of which Paul is speaking;
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

As many of you have pointed out, I am not a traditional OSAS teacher, for the warnings against legalism are clear and severe, but those who challenge this term are NEVER HONEST in the way they seek to challenge this term and doctrine.

Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is an absolute declaration of eternal salvation, made in clear and absolute terms. It cannot be challenged by selected and unsure sections of certain scriptures, taken out of context to promote doubt.

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16 ¶ Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18 ¶ Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21 ¶ Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Consider that even as Paul warns this church against their ungodly actions and warns them of the Holy Spirits judgment against the flesh, he reaffirms their salvation in clear terms.

Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is an absolute declaration of eternal salvation, made in clear and absolute terms. It cannot be challenged by selected and unsure sections of certain scriptures, taken out of context to promote doubt.

This is a declaration that God will never stop loving us, and that nothing can separate the love of God from us.

This however does not address the crucial and mandatory requirement of a person continuing to believe and have faith to the end, in the finished work of Christ Jesus on the cross.

JLB

This is a declaration that God will never stop loving us, and that nothing can separate the love of God from us.

This however does not address the crucial and mandatory requirement of a person continuing to believe and have faith to the end, in the finished work of Christ Jesus on the cross.

JLB
Well gee, JLB if we are NEVER SEPERATED FROM HIS LOVE, and cannot be condemned, of course we are secure in absolute and complete terms.

Paul tells us:

1Co 15:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.( here Paul is asking a question)
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

As many of you have pointed out, I am not a traditional OSAS teacher, for the warnings against legalism are clear and severe, but those who challenge this term are NEVER HONEST in the way they seek to challenge this term and doctrine.

explain it to me George if you would?

So the Law IS alive and very powerful? It will unsave a Christian?

Scripture is clear that no power can rip us/deceive us from Jesus's hand and Jesus will never drive away those that listen to the Father and come to Him for salvation. Thats the good part. However we are not free to sin. So many warnings are giving. Jesus stated that we are to remain in His love by obeying His commands just as He remains in the Father's love. So freewill dictates it would be one who willfully decides to divorce Jesus by sin and word of mouth that would cause the Father to remove them from the true vine. The Father is the gardner and Jesus is the true vine. True obedience comes from love. As Jesus stated if you love Him you will obey Him. So can one who once loved the Lord come to the point where they love something else more and sin? Who were those in Rev that Jesus called luke warm? Were they christians? So wisdom dictates a theology that warns and warns not OSAS. That doesn't mean we negate the confidence Jude stated: Jude 1:24-25

R

Paul tells us:

explain it to me George if you would?

So the Law IS alive and very powerful? It will unsave a Christian?
Well you know the scriptures, that to turn to the law is to "fall from grace" to be cut-off from Christ. And the law IS NOT OF FAITH, Paul did not make these warnings in vain. And even more severe warnings are made in the Book of Hebrews and in 2 Peter "willing sin" is the rejection of "grace" and return to the law. Those who forsake the "way of righteousness" are those who turn from Gods righteousness "by faith" and like a dog to its vomit return to the law, or like a sow to its wallow (for the strength of sin is the law) Now to ignore these warnings is just to put tradition and some doctrine above the truth.

Scripture is clear that no power can rip us/deceive us from Jesus's hand and Jesus will never drive away those that listen to the Father and come to Him for salvation. Thats the good part. However we are not free to sin. So many warnings are giving. Jesus stated that we are to remain in His love by obeying His commands just as He remains in the Father's love. So freewill dictates it would be one who willfully decides to divorce Jesus by sin and word of mouth that would cause the Father to remove them from the true vine. The Father is the gardner and Jesus is the true vine. True obedience comes from love. As Jesus stated if you love Him you will obey Him. So can one who once loved the Lord come to the point where they love something else more and sin? Who were those in Rev that Jesus called luke warm? Were they christians? So wisdom dictates a theology that warns and warns not OSAS. That doesn't mean we negate the confidence Jude stated: Jude 1:24-25

R
Who is promoting sin? and the strength of sin is the law (legalism) the power over sin is grace and confidence in the power of Gods Grace.

Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

R
Who is promoting sin? and the strength of sin is the law (legalism) the power over sin is grace and confidence in the power of Gods Grace.

Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

It comes down to this as I see it for one who proclaims faith in Jesus. Do you love me? (Jesus to us) Can one whose first love was once God come to a point in their lives that they love or desire something else more and willfully sin? The warnings/rebukes suggest that possibility exists. Thats freewill. Because no power can snatch us of out of Jesus's hand. If one walks in the light they should be confident of their fellowship with Jesus, not cocky (OSAS.)

Randy

R

It comes down to this as I see it for one who proclaims faith in Jesus. Do you love me? (Jesus to us) Can one whose first love was once God come to a point in their lives that they love or desire something else more and willfully sin? The warnings/rebukes suggest that possibility exists. Thats freewill. Because no power can snatch us of out of Jesus's hand. If one walks in the light they should be confident of their fellowship with Jesus, not cocky (OSAS.)

Randy
Well Randy, I see your love for God and know if you have that its because God first loved you, the scriptures declare in clear and absolute terms that NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM HIS LOVE, now if you feel "you" can walk away from that love? Then "you" can believe that, but I believe Gods Word. (in fact in turning to the law "legalism" that is the choice that many are making)

Randy
Well Randy, I see your love for God and know if you have that its because God first loved you, the scriptures declare in clear and absolute terms that NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM HIS LOVE, now if you feel "you" can walk away from that love? Then "you" can believe that, but I believe Gods Word. (in fact in turning to the law "legalism" that is the choice that many are making)

I also believe in also writtens such as not putting God to the test despite Gods protection. Matthew 4:6 I walk in the light and am confident, like Jude, of my fellowship with the Lord. I won't be promoting OSAS as absolute truth. As you can tell. (smile)

R.

Randy

I also believe in also writtens such as not putting God to the test despite Gods protection. Matthew 4:6 I walk in the light and am confident, like Jude, of my fellowship with the Lord. I won't be promoting OSAS as absolute truth. As you can tell. (smile)

R.
So to you trusting in Gods Word and His sure promise is putting Him to the test? That is not all what it means to "test the Lord" Trusting in His sure promises is FAITH.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen.
2 For therein the elders had witness borne to them.
3 By faith we understand that the worlds have been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen hath not been made out of things which appear.
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he had witness borne to him that he was righteous, God bearing witness in respect of his gifts: and through it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and he was not found, because God translated him: for he hath had witness borne to him that before his translation he had been well-pleasing unto God:
6 And without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.

So according to your belief system, one must have a certain level of doubt and unbelief to be in "faith"?

JLB
Well gee, JLB if we are NEVER SEPERATED FROM HIS LOVE, and cannot be condemned, of course we are secure in absolute and complete terms.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:31-39

God loves us and is for us.

However if we choose to turn to other gods, or other religions, God will still love us, but the requirement for salvation which is faith in Jesus Christ is no longer alive.

Who is it who condemns is a question, that Paul asks to make his point that God is for us because we have believed the Gospel.

Now we have the hope of Salvation, but when we see Him we shall be just like Him, for now we have the hope of this, if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard...

JLB

JLB

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:31-39

God loves us and is for us.

However if we choose to turn to other gods, or other religions, God will still love us, but the requirement for salvation which is faith in Jesus Christ is no longer alive.

Who is it who condemns is a question, that Paul asks to make his point that God is for us because we have believed the Gospel.

Now we have the hope of Salvation, but when we see Him we shall be just like Him, for now we have the hope of this, if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard...

JLB
Sorry Just because you attempt to ignore the "unconditional" statement does not mean that I must ignore what the scriptures says in plain words;

NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM HIS LOVE, its plain as day

NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM HIS LOVE, its plain as day Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Draft this Post

I totally agree! Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Not even Hell!

This is the key verse!

These were faithful, even unto death, and were not moved away from the hope of the gospel.

JLB

NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM HIS LOVE, its plain as day Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Draft this Post

I totally agree! Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Not even Hell!

This is the key verse!

These were faithful, even unto death, and were not moved away from the hope of the gospel.

JLB
shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (IN CHRIST JESUS) SO NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THIS PLACE IN CHRIST AND GODS LOVE.

And if we are not separated from His love, then we are not separated from God. You guys seem willing to turn every sure promise of God into doubt. No wonder you are so determined to cast doubt on others salvation, you seem unable to believe any promise unless it promotes some judgment upon others. See I know the work of the law, and it destroys the faith of every believer who is placed under its yoke. The issue with those who fight so hard against eternal security is always the Ten Commandments, for the law is not of faith.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back