Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Overcoming Sin

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Rom 6:14 (kjv), For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 8:12 (kjv), Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom 8:12 (nlt), Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.
Thanks for the supporting scriptures sir.

If men see something that entices them, ( touching paint) they have to touch it ?

No, that is the adulterer, and whosoever touches her shall not be innocent.

They are men void of understanding. ( filled with fornication, debate, without understanding, cannot be corrected.)

They are lured by a harlot, subtil of heart. ( the devil)

With fair speech and flattery they are forced and go straight away as a fool, ( to touch wet paint)

Then the dart strikes through their liver, as a bird hasting to the snare and does not know it is for its life.

We let not our heart decline to her ways, we do not go astray in her paths, we hear Gods word. ( we were as sheep going astray,l now are returned to the Bishop and Shepherd of our souls 1 Peter 2:25.)

She has cast down many wounded,many strong men have been slain by her.

Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death. ( wet paint/the temptation of the devil.)

Wisdom has her voice, to those who are simple, let him turn in to her, and him that requires understanding, she says to him,
Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled. Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

The subtil voice ( the subtil devil) says to those who are simple, turn in here to him that has no understanding, she says to him,
Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. ( touch the wet paint.) but he knows not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Proverbs 6:29 So he that goeth in to his neighbour's wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.

Proverbs 7:7 And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
8 Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,
9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

Proverbs 7:18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:
20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;
23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

Proverbs 7:24 Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
25 Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.
26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.
27 Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

Proverbs 9:4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.
6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Proverbs 9:16 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
17 Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

We have no agreement with idols, ( with the devil) God walks in us, we cannot touch the wet paint.

We come out from among them, ( who lure you to wet paint) and be separate, to not touch the unclean ( wet) thing, and the Lord will receive us. Then He is a Father to us, and we are His sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

The judgement of the great whore, with whom the kings of the earth and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

The habitation of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. ( evil angels/ministers of satan)

All nations drank of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, come out of her to not be part takers of her sins, to not receive of her plagues.

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Revelation 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Those who have no condemnation do not touch wet paint when it is presented to them.

Those who have no condemnation do not touch wet paint when it is presented to them.
Wet paint is no longer presented to those who know better, because that was also satan touching them, ( the wet paint of temptation) now, satan no longer touches them. ( the wet paint does not touch them)

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

The way they keep themselves is in the love of God, kept in them.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Wet paint is no longer presented to those who know better, because that was also satan touching them, ( the wet paint of temptation) now, satan no longer touches them. ( the wet paint does not touch them)
Are you saying that once a person becomes a Christian, he isn't tempted any more?

I would beg to differ with you there.

Jesus was tempted (Matthew 4:1-11, Luke 4:1-13).

And also, the scriptures teach that as believers, we will be tempted:

1Pe 1:6, Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7, That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Sins are pardoned and the way to no longer do them is given. ( that is the pardoning.)

Would you wash a car and then throw back the dirty water all over the car, or use clean water TO RINSE...

Ezekiel 36:25 Then will I SPINKLE CLEAN WATER UPON YOU and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
the way to no longer do them is given
It is true that sins can be pardoned, based on the sacrifice of Jesus Gordon, if one is truly repentant and definitely does their best to not commit the sin again. If they do it enough to be considered "practice" by God, then there is no redemption for them sir. Heb 10:26

I think we can agree that Paul was a true born again Christian apostle, picked by Jesus himself. Here is what Paul said: (Romans 7:25) . . .Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with my flesh to sin’s law. If Paul struggled with it, make no mistake the normal sheep will struggle with it as well Gordon.

I would be interested to know if you can give scriptural support to the words you posted above sir, because the will to sin resides in me as well. I will say this, that God does make the way out when serious sin presents itself at the door: (1 Corinthians 10:13) . . .No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

It is true that sins can be pardoned, based on the sacrifice of Jesus Gordon, if one is truly repentant and definitely does their best to not commit the sin again. If they do it enough to be considered "practice" by God, then there is no redemption for them sir. Heb 10:26

I think we can agree that Paul was a true born again Christian apostle, picked by Jesus himself. Here is what Paul said: (Romans 7:25) . . .Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with my flesh to sin’s law. If Paul struggled with it, make no mistake the normal sheep will struggle with it as well Gordon.

I would be interested to know if you can give scriptural support to the words you posted above sir, because the will to sin resides in me as well. I will say this, that God does make the way out when serious sin presents itself at the door: (1 Corinthians 10:13) . . .No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it.
I will say that Romans 7:14-25 (and therefore verse 25) is Paul using the literary tactic of IDENTIFICATION to peg carnality and in order to win the carnal person to Christ. He is becoming as the weak in order to win the weak (1 Corinthians 9:22).

Question: why, in Romans 7:23, does Paul say that he is held captive to the law of sin; while in Romans 6:6-7 he tells us that he is set free from sin?

The answer is that he is using a literary tactic in Romans 7:14-25. Paul himself was not actually carnal, as he declares in verse 14, but is setting himself forth as carnal in order to define carnality for the reader.

If Paul were actually carnal, he would not be penning holy scripture (see 2 Peter 1:21).

Consider also the comparison between 7:25 and 8:1.

Rom 7:25, I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 8:1, There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

In 7:25, Paul is saying that when he is obeying the flesh he is serving the law of sin.

In 8:1, he tells us that those who are in Christ Jesus (is Paul in Christ?) do not walk after, or obey, the flesh.

So, in that Paul is in Christ, he does not obey the flesh and is therefore not serving the law of sin.

While he does not deny that he has a nature of flesh and that if he were to walk according to it, he would be serving sin.

I will say that Romans 7:14-25 (and therefore verse 25) is Paul using the literary tactic of IDENTIFICATION to peg carnality and in order to win the carnal person to Christ. He is becoming as the weak in order to win the weak (1 Corinthians 9:22).

Question: why, in Romans 7:23, does Paul say that he is held captive to the law of sin; while in Romans 6:6-7 he tells us that he is set free from sin?

The answer is that he is using a literary tactic in Romans 7:14-25. Paul himself was not actually carnal, as he declares in verse 14, but is setting himself forth as carnal in order to define carnality for the reader.

If Paul were actually carnal, he would not be penning holy scripture (see 2 Peter 1:21).
Death acquits us from sin, with the exception of those who have sinned against the holy spirit, Jesus' sacrifice does not atone for that.
Carnal means flesh Scripturally Faith, all Christians are carnal until they die.

Nope. Some Christians are spiritual and are therefore not carnal (1 Corinthians 3:1-3).
You posted the verse sir, did you overlook this part: 3 for you are still carnal. We Christians are spiritual in our pursuits of seeking the Kingdom first, but all of us do in fact still walk in the flesh Faith. Mat 6:33; 2 Cor 10:3

You posted the verse sir, did you overlook this part: 3 for you are still carnal. We Christians are spiritual in our pursuits of seeking the Kingdom first, but all of us do in fact still walk in the flesh Faith. Mat 6:33; 2 Cor 10:3
Did you overlook this part,

1Co 3:1, And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2, I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3, For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

It indicates that there are those who are not carnal because they are spiritual.

We do not war according to the flesh; and also, while we walk in the flesh, we do not walk according to it, but according to the Spirit. This is true of all who are in Christ (Romans 8:1).

Debate, dispute, contention, they are all non consenting to the wholesome words of Christ, it is the antichrist spirit, see my new thread for more.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Yes, as ministers of Christ we are to share the gospel in the spirit of meekness.

However, it is inevitable that, when we give the gospel to unregenerated souls, that they will have contentions with us.

For their minds are natural (1 Corinthians 2:14).

1Th 2:2, But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.

Jde 1:3, Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

A new thread just now in theology.

The righteousness of God is revealed from heaven, and is the righteousness of God revealed to any on this forum, or the wrath of God is revealed against all who hold the truth in unrighteousness, as God has shown what may be known of Him to us.

Back