Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Rapture and Resurrection is at the coming of the Lord.

If you study the scriptures about the coming of the Lord, you will discover that three significant things occur.

The Resurrection
The Rapture
The destruction of the antichrist
:wall:wall:wall how may times do i have to say :agreed

the coming of the LORD who can be ready? anyone who is born again.. how do we be ready be prepared live our life like he could return at any minute*** (something many of else fail at } the saying back years ago wwjd.... probably not what we do! this does not mean we are living very sinful life.. but are we really watch as in expecting any time..

I understand what you are saying, but from where I am standing at the moment, I find your comment that I highlighted to be contrary to the Gospel message. It is a wrong mindset. We should not live like he could return at any moment, we should strive to live in the knowledge and Faith that he is already present with us and within us.

I understand what you are saying, but from where I am standing at the moment, I find your comment that I highlighted to be contrary to the Gospel message. It is a wrong mindset. We should not live like he could return at any moment, we should strive to live in the knowledge and Faith that he is already present with us and within us.
lol what in the world is the issue here? i mean wrong mind set ? if we are watching for his return at any time { we should strive to live in the knowledge and Faith that he is already present with us and within us.} that is exactly what we are doing question do all you really think i am ignorant of scriptures ??? i will respectfully dis agree with you ..it is not the wrong mind set.. Jesus said occupy till i come. in other words be about the fathers business:horse

lol what in the world is the issue here? i mean wrong mind set ? if we are watching for his return at any time { we should strive to live in the knowledge and Faith that he is already present with us and within us.} that is exactly what we are doing question do all you really think i am ignorant of scriptures ??? i will respectfully dis agree with you ..it is not the wrong mind set.. Jesus said occupy till i come. in other words be about the fathers business:horse

I have not questioned your knowledge of scriptures, but I thought you said you enjoyed a conversation??

The coming that people are watching for and His return are in the wrath of God and his righteous judgement. They fear the lake of fire. They wish to flee from it just as the children of Israel backed away from the Glory of the Lord for fear.

I have not questioned your knowledge of scriptures, but I thought you said you enjoyed a conversation??

The coming that people are watching for and His return are in the wrath of God and his righteous judgement. They fear the lake of fire. They wish to flee from it just as the children of Israel backed away from the Glory of the Lord for fear.
a true child of God will have the proper mindset toward the return of Christ . the Bible say he will keep us in perfect peace whose mind is stayed o Him because we trust in him " that a bit of paraphrased
Isaiah 26:3
i enjoy a discussion .. TO SAY LOOKING FOR HIM BY LIVING EVERYDAY FOR HIM is the wrong mind set .is a wrong statement if were living for him we are watching for him .. what your saying is you crossed the fence.. when i said i jumped the fence either way we get the job done

we have seen many different beliefs on the rapture and when it will take place pred mid after trib. i have my belief you all have yours.. i will say this once again he will return .. we could all be wrong in how he will return john 14
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

i plan on being with him for where he is i will be to and so will you for those who are blood bought

I too fell into the pretrib teachings years ago as I had very little knowledge at that time. Their main scripture of proof is that the Church is no longer here after Rev 4:1-4. These verses say nothing of a pretrib Rapture. My question is if we are taken out before the tribulation then what is the purpose of God's wrath and even that of the events of Rev 13 that leads up to the mark of the beast. Would not God just make final judgment casting those who have rejected Christ into the lake of fire and then usher down the New Jerusalem? What would be the purpose of the seven trumpets, the mark of the beast and the seven vile judgements as all who have rejected Christ at this pretrib time will have already sealed their fate as Christ only returns once for His Bride and ends all abominations of this world.

I don't even hold it against the pre trib preachers. Everyone makes mistakes including most or all of the OT patriarchs. Jonah, Elijah, Joshua, David...everyone. I was wrong too for not rightly dividing it before!

So what would a pre trib look like? The foolish virgins and unbelievers? Why force them to take the mark of the beast? The foolish virgins were dull of understanding and the unbelievers will embrace it!

Nosiree, Sister! It will be two fires which come upon the earth...one is a consuming fire of judgement, the other, a purifying fire of the church.

We all get to go through the tribulation. It will seperate the wolves from the sheep...

Endure to the end. It doesnt say endure until the rapture.

:wall:wall:wall how may times do i have to say :agreed

It doesn’t seem you agree or understand, that there are things that will take place before His coming.

The antichrist is destroyed at His coming on the last Day, which means He will not come as a thief if the night, at any moment.

He will come as a thief in the night for the unsuspecting wicked who will be destroyed, at His coming, but He will not come as a thief in the night for the Church, who understands by the signs He left for us.

For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 1 Thessalonians 5:2-4

• then sudden destruction comes upon them

• But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

JLB

be ye ready
Matthew 24:44 King James Version (KJV)
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

that is all i need
Romans 13:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Matthew 24:36 King James Version (KJV)
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

i am told to be ready like the five wise virgins ..your making a mountain out of a ant hill .. there is just part of my scriptures .

I can agree that what it all boils down to is to be prepared as His Bride when He does return. Ten pages later we are still discussing that of the OP of a pretrib Rapture teaching that was never taught before the 17th century, but made popular by such men as Darby and the others I listed as nowhere in scripture is such a theory taught. It is a very misleading teaching that can cause many to fall away from Christ when forced to take the mark of the beast as they were taught we would be out of here before this time. I can't speak for JLB, but for myself I fell for those teachings, but now enlighten by the Holy Spirit and what the word of God actually teaches I teach against these false pretrib theories so others will not be taken as a theif in the night when Christ returns.

ok show scripture that says thus saith the LORD the Church (body of Christ) is still here until the last day when Christ returns . them exact words word for word line upon line . my band wagon is to be ready

I have showed those scriptures, JLB has showed those scriptures over and over, but yet you have never taken the time to study them apparently or you would not be asking me to show them. I know at one point you said you have very little knowledge of end time events and basically just not your thing. I can respect that, but yet you refute that of what has been given throughout the many many scriptures we have given. How does one refute if they have no knowledge :shrug

Please do not take what I have said here the wrong way as I am not putting you down as we have always gotten along well with each other and you are my Brother in Christ :)

what pobcket bandwagon... i for one am not impressed by degrees.. i respect them but they do not make the preacher .

A bandwagon teaching is those Preachers through out the centuries who make a hefty profit that lines their pockets from something that is a very popular theory, but yet not found in scripture as they add to and take away from the word of God, Rev 22:18, 19.

I'm not going to get into a rapture debate, but your band wagon comment spurred a thought. What is it we are to be ready for? By reading through many of the comments in this thread it becomes evident that many people only look for and know the wrath of God. Is that what they prepare themselves for? If so, then the gospel message of the kingdom has been lost upon them. They don't understand the rapture or the nature of it when they only see it in the context of God's wrath. It should be seen in the context of salvation.

Romans 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Matthew 3:7
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Luke 3:7
Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

If we look to the wrath of God, then Christ remains hidden from us. We must come to know Him in His Salvation.

What we teach is not about God's wrath, but to keep others from it falling on them as we are to be prepared to be the Bride of Christ the moment He returns. God's wrath only falls on those who have rejected Christ. Many of us give these warnings to those who have not yet asked Jesus to be their Lord and Savior in hopes that they will see that of what must come first before the return of Christ. This is what Revelations is all about which means the unveiling of those things Christ has already warned us would happen before He returns that we are prepared as His Bride and not taken as a theif in the night.

I don't even hold it against the pre trib preachers. Everyone makes mistakes including most or all of the OT patriarchs. Jonah, Elijah, Joshua, David...everyone. I was wrong too for not rightly dividing it before!

So what would a pre trib look like? The foolish virgins and unbelievers? Why force them to take the mark of the beast? The foolish virgins were dull of understanding and the unbelievers will embrace it!

Nosiree, Sister! It will be two fires which come upon the earth...one is a consuming fire of judgement, the other, a purifying fire of the church.

We all get to go through the tribulation. It will seperate the wolves from the sheep...

Endure to the end. It doesnt say endure until the rapture.

Agreed, as those who are not of Christ will embrace the offerings of this last antichrist being the son of perdition (beast out of the in whom receives power from the beast out of the sea, Rev 13) that promises them peace, safety and provisions, but then sudden destruction falls on them, 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10. This will be a time of God's purifying fire as we stand in a stronger faith, nothing wavering as we trust Christ in all things.

A bandwagon teaching is those Preachers through out the centuries who make a hefty profit that lines their pockets from something that is a very popular theory, but yet not found in scripture as they add to and take away from the word of God, Rev 22:18, 19.
guess what if you had all the money i made preaching /pastor you would still be broke .every thing i believe will be backed by scripture. i respect your study and method which is the correct way any should..but i can show others who have studied that would disagree with you being here when the wrath is poured out . thus other than not being here when his wrath is poured out.. my point is be ready

I have showed those scriptures, JLB has showed those scriptures over and over,
i asked for scripture saying thus saith the LORD JLB has showed scripture chain of event paul wrote to the Thessalonian church. jesus said behold i come quickly he said be ready he has said he will return for us. i am looking for black and white scripture

Ten pages later we are still discussing that of the OP of a pretrib Rapture
not from me once again my only point is we will not be here when the wrath of God comes and then the fire .. The Rapture and Resurrection is at the coming of the Lord. i stand by this

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back